Games you regret buying. Why?

dermarx

On 03/05/2018 at 9:35 PM, Asvinia said:

The regret was purely because it had a huge price drop almost right after I bought it. The game itself is good and is pretty much what I expected.

I understand that feeling (I had it with Dishonored 2). After that I realized that Bethesda games (Fallout 4, Arkane games or Wolfenstein for instance) have all a big drop in their prices few months after their releases: less than 15 or even 10 € (both physical or digital here in France), which is really low for such games. It has to be a strategy from the editor, which we can use! ? (I know it is not very a supporter attitude but it can be nice for trying games we did not think to buy day-one)

1 hour ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

At least it's not overpriced :) That's how I look at it. Plus the game has small humour in it even if it literally is a pointless "game".

Yep, it was a fun one even though it hurt my fingers. 

• Like 1

Project DIVA f. I love Miku and Project DIVA and while I'm good at it (I can do songs in Extreme with no problems) PS Vita's controls are terrible if you wan't to play rhythm games (or fast games in general), or at least they are for me, but maybe I'm just too used to controllers since I find it hard even playing on PC and 3DS. Also, you can change your controller if you break it, but you can't change your PS Vita's button once they are broken, better to stay away from rhythm games on this system. I'm happy that I found it cheap on PS3 recently tho.

Trine Trilogy. I suck at platforms and I don't even like them, but these ones seemed to have an easy Trophy list. Now I'm not worried that I'll never get the Platinum, I'm more worried that I'll never reach the end.

Tales of Xillia because it has english voices, and the stupid me from years ago thought it was possible to ignore or mute them, but one does not simply mute or ignore some random voices while knowing that the japanese cast has Miyuki Sawashiro. It was not a big loss since I hadn't earned any Trophy back then and I could sell to a friend for 20 Euros, and I recently found it import very cheap along with the sequel.

I'd say KH 1.5 ReMIX, FFXIII and XIII-2 for the same reason, though I could finish them, maybe because their style isn't anime-like and it was easier, idk (or because I grew up with KH's english voices sadly).

DragonBall Xenoverse 2. A friend described to me as an infinite game with infinite farming, infinite things to do and infinite character customization. Turns out the missions are all the same, character customization sucked, the same hairs every DB characters have (and I am not even a fan of DB) and the voices sounded odd too, and loud, like they were recorded with an mic from thirty years ago. Needless to say that I was very disappointed. The gameplay it's basically Budokai Tenkaichi with small changes, that type of gameplay where you either git gud (but git REALLY gud) or die. And of course Level Ups are useless since is a fighting game. I've also tried to get it out my way by earning the Platinum but some Expert Missions are bullshit with either CPUs or players.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I don't know, I couldn't get the hang of the controls in this game, it was hard to reach the end and I can't even beat the final boss.

UNCHARTED 4: Let's add Sam Drake, let's do more talking and cut scenes than in a movie. Let me say ;fuck this and remove the disc!'.

FAR CRY 5: Oooo, let's make a game where there's a madman and his cronies running a town (or small Himalayan country?). Then let's give the player so much to do that the game becomes one repeatative heap of shit where you can't even journey to the end of a fucking road without some nutter trying to kill you.

THE LAST OF US: Really one of the best games?!....REALLY?. 

ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS: Overlarge pointless map, totally fucked up combat system, eagle (well at least it could point out where goats and shit were at), having to 'level up'. Shove the RPG shit up yours arses Ubisoft, I'm an assassin. I should not have to level up because some twat that I need to kill has a fucking number which is higher than mine above his fucking head. That's my fave franchise down the shitter then!.

ALMOST EVERY CHEAP SALE GAME I BUY TO GET EASY PLATINUMS: They are truly awful (except a few)......I just can't stop whoring!! :(

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Surgeon Simulator.. Well, cause its Surgeon Simulator lol

Funny story though, my mate popped a trophy in it by accident, so my OCD forced me to plat it..

What made it even worse is that is was post patch, so i had to A++ all 25 surgeries.. Pure hell 1f621.png

What you would rate the difficulty of the game?

Surgeon Simulator has a fuck ton of ultra rare trophies.

• Like 2

For PlayStation games....probably Operation Abyss. I just didn't enjoy how the game was structured.

For non-PlayStation games...Detective Pikachu. There was no side content, game was predictable and characters were generic. I really recommend not to play this, L.A. Noire and Digimon Cyber Sleuth are more fun.

13 minutes ago, Spaz said:

What you would rate the difficulty of the game?

Surgeon Simulator has a fuck ton of ultra rare trophies.

I'd say around an 8/10 for me, which is the same rating on the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide. Whoever gave it a 6/10 on here must be an actual surgeon ?

The controls are just horrible.. There is a bit of RNG involved as well, how the ambulance behaves in terms of bumps and swerves throughout the surgeries.

The biggest kick to the nuts was the patch though man, getting A++ on all surgeries was just ridiculous.

I don't mind a challenge when it involves a game i love playing, but this piece of shit was never meant to be added to my list lol

• Like 2

• Final Fantasy XV. I got this on digital so it's the worst kind of regret lol.
  • Just Cause 3. Ran terribly and there was some strange cinematography approaches to the cutscenes. I returned it to the store for Child of Light's Limited Edition.
On 5/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, Jounochi said:

Knack - I played a few levels... I think.  The game was boring and failed to grab my attention.

I reckon if I tried to play Knack on my own, I wouldn't have enjoyed it, but playing it couch co-op elevates the experience to good fun.

7 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

I'd say around an 8/10 for me, which is the same rating on the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide. Whoever gave it a 6/10 on here must be an actual surgeon ?

The controls are just horrible.. There is a bit of RNG involved as well, how the ambulance behaves in terms of bumps and swerves throughout the surgeries.

The biggest kick to the nuts was the patch though man, getting A++ on all surgeries was just ridiculous.

I don't mind a challenge when it involves a game i love playing, but this piece of shit was never meant to be added to my list lol

That bad huh?

Makes me wonder if I will ever go for it.

Plants vs zombies garden warfare 2

I like it but when it comes to alot of the annoying trophies like waiting on events to show up, collecting the gnomes, finding the keys and the unclear open hub world crap its just nowhere near as good as the first one.  What I liked about the first was how simplistic it was and easy to just jump into.  They should have left it like that and just added the new characters imo.  I got it in a sale though for really cheap and am nearly done with it now though thank fook.  I'd never do it again if there is ever another stack available like I did with the first one on both systems thats for sure.

Atelier Shallie: Extremely boring and repetitive! Huge let down compared to Atelier Ayesha!

Valley: Great soundtrack and visuals but the platforming was really tricky and just made the game a chore to play! 

Walking Dead: Michone: Episodes were each really short and the story was just really boring. 

Sleeping Dogs: Combat is a real chore in the beginning, The Fact that i had to go around and do all the heath shrines in the game to increase my health before doing any missions because i kept dying, already sets a bad impression. 

Ratchet & Clank (2016 Reboot): As a long time fan of the series since the original game on PS2, I was so disappointed in this one, terrible story and basic R&C gameplay that took out all of the refinement and new features they had added over the years. 

Hand of Fate: Cool concept for a game, it just get old very quickly. 

Deadpool: Absolutely love the character, and the story for the game was excellent! The gameplay though was just a clunky mess!

On 5/4/2018 at 11:40 AM, Valyrious said:

Mass Effect Andromeda. $80 for the digital version.

Hahaha. I remember there was some glitch a while back on the Australian PSN store where it was free for 2 hours or something.

I usually check before buying a game so I know what to expect.

But I was soooo disappointed by Gravity Rush on Vita. What I had read about it was globally positive, yet I never managed to get into the story, quite dull in my opinion, and the game controls felt really awful. I had nice expectations on it and it turned out to be my biggest regret, by far...

I was also a bit disappointed by the Prince of Persia reboot on PS3, mostly because it was extremely repetivive with a strange combat system, but it was also really cheap (got it for 10€) so I can't say it's a game I actually regret buying.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, wilwheaton5 said:

Ratchet & Clank (2016 Reboot): As a long time fan of the series since the original game on PS2, I was so disappointed in this one, terrible story and basic R&C gameplay that took out all of the refinement and new features they had added over the years. 

Funny how your expectations can influence your judgment - I had never played any Ratchet game before and I really enjoyed this one: handsome graphics, globally funny, good combat system with really f***ed up weapons... Really a good game in my opinion.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, BlueBerry_1337 said:

The last guardian. 

It looked great, the story was nice, but the controls were so wacky. I couldn't play it for longer than an half hour without raging at trico because he would never listen to me. Ruined the whole experience. 

Well, wasn't it the whole point of this game - creating a partner that acts as if it was actually alive, not always doing what you expect it to do ?

But I can understand it may become quite frustrating at some point... ;-)

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, dermarx said:

Actually I regret buying Monster Hunter World. Bought it on Release Day with my buddy, but we didn't play it that much since you can't continue the Story together. It is a good game, no doubt, but not exactly what we expected. So, it is now on our HDDs with like 5 Hours played.

Actually you CAN continue the story together, I played the entire thing co-op.  It is just that when there is a new monster you haven't discovered you have to watch the cut scene first.  So when we got a quest that the other couldn't join right away we both went in, found the monster and then left the quest and went back in as a group to actually kill it.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: This game is a joke. Plain and simple. If anyone is considering getting this then I advise you from the bottom of my heart to buy the PS4 version of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 instead. Much better game with a LOT more content and it looks amazing compared to Infinite.

SFV: Compared to the above game, it’s decent. At best. Comparing SFV with my favorite, USFIV, it’s a huge disappointment (imo). Not a game I would put as much time and effort as I did with IV. And don’t get me started on how you unlock colors...

On 03/05/2018 at 7:25 PM, ExHaseo said:

There are so many games I've gotten over the years I've been disappointed with, but I'll just list a few.

• Digimon World Next Order - Before this game came out, it was made out to sound like it was going to be like most of the other Digimon games. Like Cyber Sleuth. And it was not.

Lol, someone sure didn't pay attention to the names of games. When they said "like the other games", they meant the World games. The "other games" weren't referring to Story games, or else they'd say "It's like the more recent games" or something. They meant they were going back to their roots of V-Pets

STORY Hackers Memory is the game youre looking for (released January 2018), which is the direct sequel to STORY Cyber Sleuth (and uses the same turn based gameplay). Not WORLD Next Order, which is a direct sequel to WORLD one. 

On 04/05/2018 at 0:15 AM, ExHaseo said:

It was nothing like Digimon World 3 or Digimon World Dusk, which were the two world games I've played. Both of them are more like Cyber Sleuth. From what I understand, the only other Digimon game like Next Order is like, is the very first Digimon World game. No matter what, you're not going to change my opinion that it's a terrible game, and that I regret ever buying it.

They were localised incorrectly. The World games are World one, Re:Digitize, Championship and Next Order. Dawn, Dusk, DS and World 2/3 are Story games

World is V-Pets, Story is turn based RPG. this is on you. You don't go buy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon expecting to fight gyms, or Mario Kart expecting to jump on shit

All you had to do was read one article or see one video of it to know it wasn't a turn based RPG

Edited by Muur1993
  • Like 2