Games you regret buying. Why?

dermarx

35 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

So fucking true.

Now after a while, I can safely name a few of those games... Crysis 1 - boring as fuck, this game in 2018 has nothing to offer to be honest... AC 3 - the worst AC in the entire series imo. But I'll force myself to play it only because my goal is to complete the entire frenchise. Beyond: Two Souls - I literally felt asleep while playing this game, I guess Navaho chapter. And I wasn't tired at all. And last but not least - Ressistance 2. This game is awful. Just awful for me. I will never even finish the capaign. So glad that R3 is much better and story has so little in common with this garbage.

Resistance 2 was fantastic at the time of release !! Im sure it would be awful to play today in comparison to other fps games and the general advancement in the genre - but at release it was awesome.

• Like 1

I regret buying AC Unity. Probably one of the shittiest Assassins creeds I have ever played. The story was literally Ezios story but in France and that game ruined Assassins creed for me. Ever since AC3 AC has been trash, I don’t even consider black flag an ac game but it was still fun. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The God Eater games, truthfully. I don't mind the MH-style gameplay, but the difficulty spike four chapters in is so random and undefined that you can be cruising casually through the first part of the game, and then you're hit with these bosses that can slap you around without issue. I grinded a bit even before I reached to said spike, but I can't exactly farm the materials I need to kill these tougher enemies because I have to kill said enemies to get the materials. I love the story and the world, but this game is definitely not for me, despite my love for difficult games.

I'm only playing them now because I want the platinums, but man, I regret getting these games solely because I have to bust my ass to even scrape by with little reward, need I add.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, dermarx said:

First of all, sorry if such a Topic already existed, didn't found any.

So, I read a poll on Facebook a few minutes ago about (good) Games people regret buying, and why they regret it. 

I think I could open a similar Topic here. 

Actually I regret buying Monster Hunter World. Bought it on Release Day with my buddy, but we didn't play it that much since you can't continue the Story together. It is a good game, no doubt, but not exactly what we expected. So, it is now on our HDDs with like 5 Hours played.

Rocket League. Friends played it, convinced me to get it. So I bought the collector's edition, played one time with a friend. He then only played Destiny 2, and the disc has not been touched since. Was wasted money, as I've nobody to play it with, and it's not an easy game for me to grasp. :( 

• Like 2

At the moment for it it has to be Evolve. Thought it was a good idea to be able to choose between being able to control a monster & a team to destroy said monster but I found the game to be too repetitive, I know there are other games out their that are repetitive like the Fifa games but I just found Evolve to be way too repetitive. If I knew before I bought it that I'd not like it then I'd more then likely of not bought the game in the first place

On 03/05/2018 at 7:06 PM, Property_Damage said:

Games i regret buying are games that eventually came to ps+, which i have several of

..games that seemed promising but actually ended up being broken pieces of crap With unobtainable trophies

I fell the same here. About the first part (free PS+ games), I just regret games that are only available digital and I haven’t start yet. The most recent case is Foul Play (this month) and the other one was Titan Souls. In case I already have the physical copy (most cases every month) or digital that I’ve already started in my main account it’s not a big deal, for me at least...

Edited by TurtlePM

Inksplosion and SkyScrappers. I like easy platinum games but these two I suck so bad at. In Inksplosion I died within seconds every time, once made it to level 2 and got 2300 points.

In Skyscrappers the AI just ground and pounds you to death and there's nothing you can do about it. No way I'm trying those games again.

Dead Island Definitive Edition. I've played only Dead Island. Was about to download Riptide once I'm done with it, but that's not going to happen I guess. Weapon durability thing was garbage, literally couple dozens of hits were enough to bring weapon down to zero durability. Character movement seemed terribly sluggish overall. Trophy list was bullshit, for example the one which required to score 10 zombie kills by headshots in a row. Frustration given by this trophy was the point when I ultimately gave up on that series. 

Bayonetta - I’ve tried to play this game on 3 separate occasions and every time it has failed to hold my attention. I’ve progressed maybe a quarter of the way through the game each time but given up on the game after that. The game was difficult for me and I couldn’t get into the humour. 

LittleBigPlanet - Another game I just couldn’t get into. It’s been maybe 6 years since I last tried out this game and I don’t see myself ever returning to it. 

On 5/3/2018 at 6:04 PM, dadoudelidou said:

To this day, i've seen the end credits roll on every single PS4 games i've played, except those two..

Homefront: Revolution . Man that game was boring and blend. I thought : Hey! I cannot be THAT bad right ? 

Well. It can.

Knack . Without being overly bad, I thought it was too much of the same, levels after levels... Too bad because I love platformers and I thought this one could be something great.. 

Hey, at least Knack 2 somewhat made up for the boring first title. Definitely scratched the platforming itch I had. 

• Like 1