PS3 vs. PS4

Sir-Syzygy

PS3 or PS4?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. PS3 or PS4

• PS3
    • PS4

I am a bit split about this after finishing the post I guess i am not split at all. As you mentioned already, underdeveloped games are hardly the playstation's fault but the game developer's, who try to keep up with the age of sensationalism.

While the PS3 introduced me to video gaming, the Ps4 enabled me more imo. PS3 online-gaming was uninteresting to me, there was hardly any ground to build a community on. With (private) parties and communities, that's so much easier on the PS4. Not having to buy a PS3 bluetooth-compatible headset also helps in this regard - i want good sound quality without having to spend hundreds on a headset.... I think that's my biggest criterie when comparing the two.

Also, lots of features like spotify integration really make the ps4 more than just a gaming console to me. I know that netflix and amazon were/are available on the PS3 too, and frankly i have no idea how well the apps are implemented because my ps3 is at my girlfriend's and she only uses it for offline gaming, but the ps4 became an integral par of my life not just because of gaming.

Of course there are a lot of bad sides to the PS, too. I remember when i had the blue light of death the first time and nearly flipped. but overall, very happy with this baby.

if you'd ask me today which one to keep if I had to throw one out, I'd keep the ps4 not only because of its up-to-dateness.

Edited by Tepp-a

PS4 lacks actual games, most of it is just crap being belted out to garner as much money as possible. PS3 has a slew of games to choose from, many bad but many unique. And of course, PS4 is incredibly anti-user friendly. PS4 graphics are so terrible it isn't even funny, it reminds me of watching some badly colour corrected Dragon Ball Z videos on Youtube and my eyes feeling like they're bleeding. Game developers need to be more dedicated to their games and try to put out actual quality items.

• Like 2

Ps 4 solos . I use the ps 4 more then just gaming. Its good they made the browser better than on the ps 3. The only 2 things i liked on the ps 3 more was i could safe music movies on it. Ps 4 got better games imo. 

• Like 2

I love my PS3 but I'd still lean towards PS4 more. Sure the PS3 has a great library of games just waiting to be played but the PS4 has them too. I miss the XMB from PS3 but it's only a minor issues. The PS3 store is still a slow and unresponsive mess that I don't think will ever get fixed though.

I don't regret getting a PS4, I only regret I didn't get one sooner. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheEyeOfSa said:

PS4 lacks actual games, most of it is just crap being belted out to garner as much money as possible. PS3 has a slew of games to choose from, many bad but many unique. And of course, PS4 is incredibly anti-user friendly. PS4 graphics are so terrible it isn't even funny, it reminds me of watching some badly colour corrected Dragon Ball Z videos on Youtube and my eyes feeling like they're bleeding. Game developers need to be more dedicated to their games and try to put out actual quality items.

A lot of PS4 games meld together in my memory, probably they all have the same boring art style. 

MGS4 on PS3 was the pinnacle of graphics, it's all been downhill since then.

• Like 3

I am indecisive. I loved my ps3 libary that I had yet to even start when I decided to trade it in, mine was pre-owned and was starting to show it. Every time I wanted to sync my trophy list I had to save and quit the game to do so. The store crashing/slowness was something I could deal with. I swear Sony deliberately sabotaged their updates to push customers into buying a ps4.

On the other hand, I love how my ps4 feels instant but seems like there are more remasters than new games. I'm fine with sequels but I do relish new IPs that aren't 8 bit/16 bit indie/ shovelware just to have that "indie" title. Or that "competition" to be the next indie darling. I don't want to even hear about ps5 yet either. I feel like it will be a repeat remaster gen to get all games to that coveted 4k/60fps bragging rights. I feel like there is a lot more life to be had in ps4 than another system release that wouldn't be too far ahead of a ps4 pro.

I have my ps3 since about the time FF13 was out half a year or so (no idea when that was) and it's still going. 

from time to time I think it's overheating when I use it 4-5 hours in a row and then it freezes, but never anthying worse than that. It is also not loud. Every single PS4 game I own makes the PS4 roar like a tornado and it's really annoying.

Still I think the PS4 made a ton of improvments, especially to the interface. I don't care about minor graphic differences, so I don't see why anyone would say PS4 graphics are bad. Maybe buy a better TV then.

• Like 1