PS3 vs. PS4

Sir-Syzygy

PS3 or PS4?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. PS3 or PS4

• PS3
    • PS4

I still prefer the PS3 to the PS4 tbh, and IMO it's no question. For all its power compared to the PS3, the PS4 still lacks quite a few basic features (like automatically playing an inserted disc) that should be basic, and takes steps backwards when it should be taking steps forward (the DS4's battery life for example). Worse still, a lot of the games that would've been exclusive on PS3 have moved to PC (Ni No Kuni 2 being one such example) or alternatively, are originally on PS3 (Uncharted 1-3). That's not even getting into the amount of remasters and remakes that have been done, either. I buy consoles for the exclusives, so it's meant fewer games that I'm buying for PS4. I feel really conflicted as I really want to love the PS4 (and it's originally the system that made me jump into console gaming) as much as I love the PS3 and Vita, but I can't help but feel like both of those systems are able to bring something worthwhile to the table while the PS4 is.more for the occasional exclusive and/or stuff I'd prefer to play on the couch instead of on the desk. If you don't / can't play on PC then I could see it being a really great system, but I'm comfortable playing on PC.

The PS3 has its drawbacks (the store being really bad on it, it's generally slow, and it can't multitask very well), but the games are super cheap (as are the systems), it's a much better media player (assuming it has an app that you want), and you don't need as much hard drive space on it as you would on a PS4. Online (for the games that are still up) is free, it plays CDs (and can rip them too), and there are a lot of really good games available for it. Oh, and it's compatible (in some way, be it acting as installer / hub, or having BC from the store or physical) with every other PS system (PS4 aside), unlike the PS4 which can only connect to Vita. 

• Like 1