“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

Got my game for september done:

Iconoclasts (PS4) - 100% complete, Dec 2018 - Sep 2019 [9 months, 5 days]

PSN Profiles rarity: 1,79%

Challenge run went better than expected, only the later bosses gave me some trouble. Very fun game overall, definitely something I'd recommend.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

September 2019 Update: Goal Achieved

(PS3) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – First Trophy: Nov 26, 2013 (21/38 - 35%) – Goal: 100%

Another game off the list - on to the next one!

After losing my save, I had to start all over again, but I managed through the game making progress each day, until I was able to get 100%.

• Like 2

2019-09-18-221820.jpg

I did it! Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God is complete at 4 years, 6 months rarity 3.44%

That's been a serious end game grind for the past month to find those last little side story items, a few monsters, & leveling all weapons/shields. Fun bit of stats: took me exactly 300 dungeon quests with 22K monsters defeated. Sadly I don't know the time as the in game clock continues counting even when the Vita is in rest mode. I'd easily estimate it to be over 100hrs, maybe even closer to 150 as I had numerous bad/unlucky runs thanks to the game's unique enemies.

There's chickens that can eat items in your bag, fish maids that roam the floors to clean up items, beet (or might be carrot) foxes that can heal themselves & other monsters, samurai tadpoles that knock equipment out of your hands, professors made of ears of corn that squat on items, block headed tofu men with incredible jumping powers, sickly elf ladies cursing your items, legless totem dragons, & floating onion genies that turn items into pickled onions. Shit gets weird here real quick. & that's not even all the enemies (like the bosses). I would say the minotaurs are what you'd expect in a dungeon crawler, except they wear oven mitts & cooking aprons.

I know it sounds like quirky fun (most of the time it is). But some of these monsters encountered in combination can be really challenging. I've had so many bad runs during the story & early end game where I'd be defeated & not returned to town with my equipment. Or something I'd be working on leveling would be turned into onions or eaten. Worst is when my equipment would be knocked to the floor, I'd be pushed away from it & it'd be cleaned up or my own little companion would eat it.

Yeah, he can do that. You have to constantly feed this thing or else he'll cry & attract monsters to your location or faint, preventing you from going to the next floor. In fairness though, he can learn some very helpful skills like: crafting to level items for free, safety first so you can open chests without having to worry about traps, & a case that will hold eight items that cannot be turned or lost.

I'm glad to have finally stuck with this one long enough to finish it. It's a good rogue-like dungeon crawler, just don't play it with the music/sound effects on.

• Like 3

Thinking about which game I'll try to complete during October but I'm not quite sure yet. I did start up a new playthrough of Demon's Souls last week and completed 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 so far. I'm quite enjoying my time with it even though there are some elements of the game which I really hate like the item burden and the world tendency system.

So I guess my game for october will either be Demon's Souls or one of the Prince of Persia titles, trying to get as much of my PS3 games done atm before my console kicks the bucket.

Good luck everyone else with your games!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

I will eventually get Apotheon done.

The Master Huntsman glitched on me (the Golden Hare despawned and would not reappear) thus meaning I couldn't get all the chests in the game as one is required from this quest. I restarted the game and made back-ups and it worked fine this time.

Now all I have to do is complete the game again and get all the chests to get my rarest Platinum this year.

• Like 1

Well, took almost the entire month, but I finally crossed a game off my list for September. Was busy at the beginning of the month playing unplayed games from my backlog. Followed by a trip to the borderlands the past couple of weeks. I managed to knock out another one of my long standing games that needed to be completed.

Wheel of Fortune 2009 Ed. (PS3) - Completed in 10 years, 6 months

I used to love Wheel of Fortune when I was younger, but man, this game was a slog. It just went by so damn slow. Couldn't speed up the computer opponents and they took forever during their turns. I am going to try to hopefully get some backlog clearing in before The Outer Worlds comes out on Oct. 25.

• Like 3

September Update

Tropico 5 - Completed in 3 years and 4 months (7th May 2016)

Happy to get this one off my list. Had my doubts believe me. How I got remotivated to play this frustrating game is beyond me.

After 3 or 4 replaythroughs of the campaign I finally got there.

If I have any advice for anyone on this, it was set your town up well for mission 1, because by the time you get to mission 13, if you make errors, you're pretty much stuffed.

Attempt, fail, load game, attempt, fail, load earlier game. You get the idea.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - Completed in 7 months and 2 weeks (15th Feb 2019)

Surprisingly snuck this in on deadline day. Didn't expect to, and I must say I really enjoyed this game by the end of it. Slow start, but the fighting mechanics and movement was quite enjoyable. Highly recommend for any who like RPGs.

Looks good for October

Hardware Rivals

Battlefield V

Spiderman

Sky Force Reloaded

COD Black Ops 4

All within reach.

Cheers

• Like 4

I am still active but dealing with Univiersity so I gonna hunt down a game this month. There was just no way to get something done in september and thanks god no server shudown. So the games I gonna chaise are Need for speed most wanted, call of duty black ops 2 and drive club. For me, 100% counts only. I was able to get rid of all Black Ops 2 DLCs but I don't call it a finished game.

4 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Sticking with those decade old games I see. Awesome work!

Heh, just trying to clear out as much old stuff as I can first. Really going to try to get a few games cleared before Oct. 25. That is my goal at least...

Got my first game of the month done with The Sims 3 Pets at 6 months, 3 weeks. Pets is more of a well done expansion for the Sims 3, adding the titular pets to the game & a series of mysteries to work through with your four legged pals. The mysteries give an otherwise open ended simulator a goal to work toward, & a reason to explore the map. This was a game I had picked to play for KYC because it had been sitting on my shelf for far too long. There was the buzz for the Sims 4, but I couldn't justify buying it when I still had this one collecting dust. Well, not anymore. I can happily move on to the next one. 

I'm still aiming to get the 100% in TLoU by month's end. Currently at around 25% through my first run on grounded mode. It's nowhere near as difficult as I was expecting, but it's early yet. The checkpoints though are not generous.   

20 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

I should get back into this.  Eyes Dragon Quest XI which has been missing two trophies for like a year.

Get on it then if you're that close!

16 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Heh, just trying to clear out as much old stuff as I can first. Really going to try to get a few games cleared before Oct. 25. That is my goal at least...

Try for another 10yr+ game if you got one ?

7 hours ago, crimsonidol38 said:

You can put me on the list of inactive participants.

Thanks for hosting the event. :)

Thank you for responding. You know you're always welcome to switch back anytime :D

4 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Killing Floor 2 is back to 100%. First trophy June 2017, completion time 2 years 3 months. Always nice to get on a new map for this game. 

Going for a game a day? JK I think it'll be a good completion month for you. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Try for another 10yr+ game if you got one 1f609.png

Heh, yep. Found one too. One that I somehow kept passing over when looking at my list...

Flower (PS3) - Completed in 10 years, 7 months

That 10,000 flower trophy was the pits. A very grindy experience for a relaxing little title. I say relaxing loosely because this game reminded me why I hated motion control games. Guess that’s why I never finished it 10 years ago.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just curious, what is the oldest game on everyones profile that hasn't been Plat or 100%?

Mine is the very first game to ever receive trophy support, Super Stardust HD. I started it on the 27th of July, 2008. Chances are slim I will ever revisit it though. It is supposedly a hard game to 100% and I am not good at twin stick shooters to begin with.

Edited by Fnee2000

19 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just curious, what is the oldest game on everyones profile that hasn't been Plat or 100%?

Little Big Planet (December 2010)

I was actually just playing this last month, going for the Metal Gear DLC. Got close to acing the boss, didn't make it though. Thankfully all the online requirements are done for this one. I would need some help with the story bubbles that need 3-4 players (I only have 2 controllers). One day I'll be able to get that plat + 100%