“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

Felt like knocking another old one off my list...

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (PS3) - Completed in 9 years

Had to start all over since I don’t have the save file anymore and this was before cloud saves. This was quite boringly easy and just not fun. Oh well, it’s over with finally...

• Like 3

On 2019-10-03 at 1:21 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Just curious, what is the oldest game on everyones profile that hasn't been Plat or 100%?

LittleBigPlanet, I got the first copy with trophy support and played offline, I believe that was back in 2008, so it would be 11 years for me. I did platinum it, but never got 100%, going to work on that @Gretchen27 I’d be down to play some LBP DLC, if you ever want you can add me. 

On 04/10/2019 at 2:51 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

Just curious, what is the oldest game on everyones profile that hasn't been Plat or 100%?

Mine is MW2... Back in the Saddle was my very first "ding" on Sep 16, 2010 ..... been sitting on 85% since Oct 28, 2012...... one day I will get around to finishing the Spec Ops...... one day.... maybe.... ?

Edited by damage_6-9
  • Like 1

On 3-10-2019 at 7:21 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

It seems Prince of Persia: Warrior within is now my oldest non-100% game (January 2012) since I've completed AC2 for this event a couple months ago. Planning to do either this one or PoP: The two thrones (my second oldest game) for this month though so that should be solved quickly ^^ Guess I won't have enough time to do demon's souls this month but I can perhaps chip away it a bit already we'll see.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

@Gretchen27 I had to jump through some hoops to get the Pirates DLC, and I had to buy a physical copy to get the Metal Gear DLC. Still have to see if it works. The Pirates DLC was a lot of fun though, just need a few of the prize bubbles. Hoping to get 100% in it before the end of the month. Also looking to get the platinum in Dante’s Inferno still. 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:59 PM, bruin-rocks said:

@Gretchen27 I had to jump through some hoops to get the Pirates DLC, and I had to buy a physical copy to get the Metal Gear DLC. Still have to see if it works. The Pirates DLC was a lot of fun though, just need a few of the prize bubbles. Hoping to get 100% in it before the end of the month. Also looking to get the platinum in Dante’s Inferno still. 

What a hassle, at least you got the pirates DLC for sure before it was completely gone. That one was amazing & fun. You'll have to let me know if metal gear works. If not, you could get most of it through co-op with me. I think it'd be a bit more difficult to complete the ace & limited paintball trophies with 2 people, it wouldn't hurt to try though. 

10 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

What a hassle, at least you got the pirates DLC for sure before it was completely gone. That one was amazing & fun. You'll have to let me know if metal gear works. If not, you could get most of it through co-op with me. I think it'd be a bit more difficult to complete the ace & limited paintball trophies with 2 people, it wouldn't hurt to try though. 

Alright, I’ll be on this weekend, we could get the co-op bubbles, I have 2 extra controllers so we will be able to have four characters. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this applies but I'm working my way through LittleBigPlanet and while I'm not completed the main game yet (5 trophies left), I did complete the Pirates of the Caribbean DLC after almost 8 years.

First trophy - 26 Nov 2011

Last trophy - 10 Oct 2019

Time passed - 7 years, 10+ months

• Like 1

Making some decent progress on Prince of Persia: Warrior Within at the moment. Just finished up the second playthrough on normal difficulty without dying (thank god you were allowed to just quit and reload the last save when you died though) while getting the normal ending as well. All that's left right now is to play through the entire thing again on hard mode in order to snatch up that last trophy to unlock the plat.

It's kinda annoying that the difficulty trophies don't stack but it's not the end of the world, game is only about 5-6 hours long once you know where to go. I really love this title as well so that always helps if you have to replay it 3 times of course. I don't expect hard mode to be that much of a problem, most of the encounters can be skipped even though I think I'll probably end up trying to kill everything anyway as usual. Guess I'll keep the heroic tactic of running away as a plan B in case a certain section ends up giving me some serious trouble after all. Some late game sections and the final boss have me worried though since I did struggle with them on normal but I guess I'll be fine if I just keep at it long enough. Should hopefully be able to get this one done by the end of the month!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

On 10/10/2019 at 11:02 PM, Kevvik said:

Not sure if this applies but I'm working my way through LittleBigPlanet and while I'm not completed the main game yet (5 trophies left), I did complete the Pirates of the Caribbean DLC after almost 8 years.

DLC absolutely counts for this event. Looks like you didn't have any trouble with the dive score challenge, hopefully MGS proves just as easy for you.

1 hour ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Making some decent progress on Prince of Persia: Warrior Within at the moment. Just finished up the second playthrough on normal difficulty without dying (thank god you were allowed to just quit and reload the last save when you died though) while getting the normal ending as well. All that's left right now is to play through the entire thing again on hard mode in order to snatch up that last trophy to unlock the plat.

No death runs are nerve wracking. I think you'll be able to wrap up hard mode without too much hassle now. You've already beat the final boss once without dying on normal mode. You got this!

• Like 1

Apparently a DLC level was added today to a game I never thought would ever receive any further support for but here we are...

Where the Bees Make Honey (PS4) - 100% in 6 months, 2 weeks

It took me so much longer to re-download this 12gb game than it took to get to the new puzzle they added. Thankfully they put the DLC puzzle near the beginning, right after the first puzzle. If this doesn’t count, since it is brand new DLC, no worries...

• Like 3

Dragon Quest XI [1 Year, 1 Month]

Just spent three hours gathering mats and crafting.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

3D Dot Game Heroes, my first PS3 game.

• Like 2

On 15-10-2019 at 2:46 AM, Gretchen27 said:

No death runs are nerve wracking. I think you'll be able to wrap up hard mode without too much hassle now. You've already beat the final boss once without dying on normal mode. You got this!

Thanks for the motivation ^^ Got through hard mode on Pop: warrior within without too much trouble as you predicted, thereby picking up my 40th platinum so far and completing my oldest backlog game. Knowing the exact layout of the game definitely helped to get through things much faster and easier compared to the playthrough on normal. The first visit to the library was still quite a pain though considering just how much hits some of those enemies require to be killed on hard. Expected this run to be much worse overall though so can't really complain.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PS3) - Platinum (100% complete), Jan 2012 - Oct 2019 [7 years, 8 months]

Since I was kinda in the mood (and had downloaded the whole trilogy anyway), I went on ahead and completed my second oldest backlog game as well: Prince of Persia The Two Thrones. I normally just had to do 2 more playthroughs of this game (easy and hard) but I ended up having to replay the game an extra fourth time since the trophy for completing the game without dying didn't pop for some reason. Not sure what I did differently on my final run but it's needless to say that I was extremely relieved to see it finally unlock and picking up the platinum along with it.

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS3) - Platinum (100% complete), Feb 2012 - Oct 2019 [7 years, 8 months]

Since I managed to hit two birds with one stone this month I guess I can try to go for a more time consuming title next like Demon Souls or Skyrim. I do kinda like this idea though of just trying to focus on my oldest non completed game everytime, thereby really cutting away the roots of my backlog list and trying to work my way up from there. With that philosophy in mind, AC Brotherhood would have to be my next target which isn't exactly something I look forward to considering its annoying multiplayer trophies. We'll see how far my dedication will take me.

Happy hunting everyone!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Since I managed to hit two birds with one stone this month I guess I can try to go for a more time-consuming title next like Demon Souls or Skyrim. I do kinda like this idea though of just trying to focus on my oldest non completed game every time, thereby really cutting away the roots of my backlog list and trying to work my way up from there. With that philosophy in mind, AC Brotherhood would have to be my next target which isn't exactly something I look forward to considering its annoying multiplayer trophies. We'll see how far my dedication will take me.

I was thinking that trying to do the oldest game in our backlog for November would be a fun challenge.

I'm not saying that anyone needs to try it, but I think it'd be fun to come back to something and truly finish it off. Considering I know that one of my oldest games is nearly 11 years to be finished.

• Like 4

@Fnee2000

No worries, it counts so long as it’s over the 6 month mark.

@Ilzaki

Glad to see it crossed off your list!

@Flex_Da_Brent

About time to plan for plat #50 then. Any ideas yet?

& congrats getting through the whole PoP trilogy this month :D That was a weird mishap with the no death run in Two Thrones. Props for sticking to another playthrough (I’d have thrown it back on the shelf for another year after that). I’ve never played them myself, but they must be pretty good. I’ve been expecting a re-release on the PS4, looks like it’s never coming though.

If you’re not up for AC, you could always work on the older games with low percent completion instead. Like Game of Thrones for something easy, Uncharted 3 or Hitman (PS4) with lots of trophies.

@Psy-Tychist

I like the idea of the group all going for their oldest one month. Or bonus: oldest game for each platform. It’d be neat to pull off before the end of the year, though it’s likely too late to go for it this year. We could say, tentatively, complete your oldest game in December of 2020. That’d give plenty of time to list their game(s), locate them, & work through them.

Would anyone else be interested in Psy-Tychist’s challenge?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

About time to plan for plat #50 then. Any ideas yet?

& congrats getting through the whole PoP trilogy this month :D That was a weird mishap with the no death run in Two Thrones. Props for sticking to another playthrough (I’d have thrown it back on the shelf for another year after that). I’ve never played them myself, but they must be pretty good. I’ve been expecting a re-release on the PS4, looks like it’s never coming though.

If you’re not up for AC, you could always work on the older games with low percent completion instead. Like Game of Thrones for something easy, Uncharted 3 or Hitman (PS4) with lots of trophies.

Yeah I have been thinking about which game I would like as my 50th plat and I guess I'm likely going to go with either a Dark Souls game or Bloodborne. Those are definitely still among my most favourite games of all time and it's actually quite a shame that I still haven't platinumed any of them by now. This does, however, provide me with the oppurtunity to show my love for them by using them for my milestones of course so maybe it's not that much of a bad thing after all.

& Thanks! ^^ It was definitely hearthbreaking to realize that the trophy wasn't going to pop after what should have been the last playthrough and thus that I had to replay the whole thing over again for the fourth time, especially since I didn't know what exactly went wrong so I had no real plan of action to make sure I would get it this time. Luckily the Pop games are indeed very good and fun titles and it only takes about 4-5 hours to complete so it wasn't the end of the world. I doubt if I would have persevered If it were any other game though :P 

Thing is, I really love AC brotherhood as a game and I'm certainly looking forward to play through the singleplayer again but it's just those damn multiplayer trophies that are always holding me back from picking this up again. I think I got just 1 singleplayer trophy left + DLC trophies so I guess I can start off by focusing on those while trying to find a good boosting group for the multiplayer in the meantime. If I can't manage to find any then I'll just move on the next game I suppose.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

On 10/23/2019 at 10:40 AM, MattbluePT said:

I'm kind of late to the party, but join me in!

Great way to find motivation to get rid of some of my backlogged games.

I'm already working on The Walking Dead Season 1, which I started on April 2013. This will probably be my game for this month.

Welcome to the party! I think we’re all out of hard liquor by now, but there should be some punch leftover somewhere.

The Walking Dead is a good one to start off with. Keep us up to date on your progress & have fun ?

On 10/23/2019 at 7:09 PM, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Yeah I have been thinking about which game I would like as my 50th plat and I guess I'm likely going to go with either a Dark Souls game or Bloodborne. Those are definitely still among my most favourite games of all time and it's actually quite a shame that I still haven't platinumed any of them by now. This does, however, provide me with the oppurtunity to show my love for them by using them for my milestones of course so maybe it's not that much of a bad thing after all.

-snip-

No shame in still having them incomplete as they’re both notoriously difficult. It’ll take some patience & practice, but you’ve got time until #50.

Well, hopefully the AC multiplayer won’t be all that bad. I’m sure there’s a dedicated boosting group you can find. Or you might be able to complete it with randoms along the way to max level. Just keep chipping away at it!

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 2

On October 4, 2019 at 0:29 PM, xEl_Cidx said:

1059160.png

Started it on December 1, 2011 - Sitting at 91%

Same title for me. Started it 31 Oct 2008, my first trophy was in LBP. I'm finally almost there. 2 trophies left to get the plat and then go wrap up the MGS DLC.

• Like 3

I am going to take a break from this event or at least how I play it. I finished all the Black Ops 2 DLCs last month but since it isn't 100% I don't really count it. I am working on driveclub, bad company and now with the server issues on Battleborn at the same time where all game take a ridiculous amount of time. So I am still aiming for this even although it will take a couple of month to get those grind fests done (not to mention the other grindy games on my list). I think it's better in the long term to focus on them now, than getting easy games done. 

Cross your fingers for me folks. Almost done the platinum for LittleBigPlanet. Only have to ace the levels in the final world and I'll have it done. Hoping to finish tomorrow which will give me the plat exactly 11 years after the first trophy I got (my first trophy period). The MGS DLC will have to wait until next month most likely as I don't have time to play any more tonight. We'll see how long it takes me to get through The Bunker level which was the bane of my existence for a long time.