“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

My first month with no games completed since January of this year... hoping that December has more activity on backlog for me. Trying to find some good backlog games that don’t require crazy grinds, constant attention or a guide at all, usually playing on my Vita at work so hard to have consistent play times. Was thinking of maybe hitting Guacamelee  

I didn't get anything done backlog wise in November. Does getting a single dlc in a game count? If so December is off to a good start.

Marvel's Spider-Man Heist DLC done

First trophy January 23, 2019

Last Trophy December 1, 2019

If this don't count than I'll find something else to complete for the month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Never heard of this game & it has motion controls? I might be the only weirdo who likes those, so maybe I'll look into it.

Very limited motion controls. It’s basically used to help tilt the camera far enough to get the collectibles just off screen.

Some you had to touch drag the screen and click on the collectible at the same time or the screen would snap back.

3 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Judging from your avatar, can’t say I’m surprised with one of those games. Good choices all around though.

It's probably my GOTY of 2017, my very first plat that rewarded me with an extra avatar. Never did the DLC so far, but changing that after I'm done with my Lego game.

On 12/4/2019 at 1:34 AM, Fnee2000 said:

Some you had to touch drag the screen and click on the collectible at the same time or the screen would snap back.

Ah, I can see how that could make it aggravating or cause motion sickness. Still, it looks like a good puzzler for a weekend. 

On 12/4/2019 at 2:07 AM, JayDeLosDioses said:

It's probably my GOTY of 2017, my very first plat that rewarded me with an extra avatar. Never did the DLC so far, but changing that after I'm done with my Lego game.

That is a nice feature to reward the players that earned the plat. Hopefully it's just as enjoyable going for the DLC cleanup. 

Well, first backlog game done for December and another old one to boot. Took a bit longer than I had hoped because two vehicles I had to purchase were glitching out on me. Was nice to go back to the simpler Lego game days of a sub 20 hour game. Still a lot of open world grinding for bricks, characters, and vehicles to fill the time. Anyway, now to figure out what to play next. I may go back to The Outer Worlds (non backlog game) and finish that up. I also need to go back and finish the DLC for AC Odyssey before I forget about it. Decisions, decisions...

Lego Batman 2 : DC Super Heroes (PS3) - Completed in 7 Years, 1 Month

• Like 3

Finished another one today. A game I had to replay just to get the trophies they added on months after the game originally came out. I just never bothered to go back to do it until now ? and I am not the only one who didn't go back to it seeing how low the completion percentage is. Still a pretty compelling story after all these years though...

Firewatch NA (PS4) - Completed in 3 years, 10 months

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 3

Resident Evil 6 PS4 edition is platinumed. First trophy October 20th 2017, completion time 2 years 1 month. This is one of the less desirable Resident Evil games. It’s a terrible grind and it’s not all that fun, but I went in to it after Resident Evil 5, and kept coming back to it, two years of on and off play for this game and it’s finally done for now. 

• Like 3

Hopefully going to finish Scene It Bright Lights Big Screen today, just have three trophies left and I have memorized most of the puzzles/questions. So I am well on my way every now and then I answer to quickly and get the wrong answer even though I know the right answer. It’s all about patience and speed. It’s tough. 

7 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Hopefully going to finish Scene It Bright Lights Big Screen today, just have three trophies left and I have memorized most of the puzzles/questions. So I am well on my way every now and then I answer to quickly and get the wrong answer even though I know the right answer. It’s all about patience and speed. It’s tough. 

Just looked up the game & list. Nearly 3,000 questions? You aren't kidding, that's gotta be tough. Take your time with the quizzes, better to have them right after all then break the streak. There's probably no pause or home screen option I'm guessing. & look up what you don't know (no shame in that)! You got this B)

On 2019-12-17 at 9:00 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Just looked up the game & list. Nearly 3,000 questions? You aren't kidding, that's gotta be tough. Take your time with the quizzes, better to have them right after all then break the streak. There's probably no pause or home screen option I'm guessing. & look up what you don't know (no shame in that)! You got this B)

Just need the trophy for a flawless game now. The 500,000 points trophy was the hardest and thats out of the way. I have a second controller to make some questions easier to answer, and I have made myself an answer guide along the way. 

100% Complete! I achieved the platinum in Scene It! Bright Lights! Big Screen! First trophy November 25th 2013, completion time 6 years 3 weeks. Rarity 1.37%. I loved this game in the beginning, it’s a quiz game about movies, I love games, and I love movies. The trophies were tedious and time consuming and frustrating. But this is a great family game! 

• Like 3

Two more to cross off before the year ends.

inFamous First Light completed at 8 months, 1 day (22.29%). A standalone title in the inFamous series for the best power IMO, neon. Gameplay wise is pretty much identical to Second Son with story missions & a scaled down version of free roam collectibles. The biggest difference is the addition of the D.U.P. arenas, where you face waves of holographic enemies (who can somehow hurt you) while trying to simply survive or not so simply save hostages. This was the part I got hung up on strangely enough. I figured it would be best & easiest to jump into the challenge mode after finishing the story, but I was barely making it through the waves. So the game eventually fell off the radar & ended up on the backlog. Coming back to it though was embarrassingly easy. It took just a few hours to polish off all the challenges & earn the required points. Guess it’s just one of those things you get better at once you take a break & come back to. I did have a bit of a close call on one enemy type challenge that was stuck at 49/50 defeated for a few runs, & seeing as it was the second to last challenge needed, it had me worried it would glitch & I’d have to do them over from a new save. Luckily it eventually ticked over.

Need for Speed Living Game DLC at 11 months, 3 weeks. I’ve been working on the NFS prestige events (insanely difficult versions of the main races) off & on for a few months now. & sadly, that’s not what I finished. But I did finally get through the other DLC pack that added drag racing & some decal wraps. Most of the trophies involved just playing through the challenges & purchasing the new vehicles, easy peasy. Then there’s Ken’s drift score challenge, get a score of 350K in the Mental Block challenge in Ken’s car. Ken drives a ridiculous Mustang that handles like a slimy fish on a tiled floor, & somehow has thrusters under each door panel. If I could have stuck with my Corvette, it’d have been just fine. Other than that, grinding to level 70 took a long while. I’ll still be working on the prestige events here & there. Currently at 12/41 of the bronze level done. Who knows if I’ll get good enough to finish all the gold tiers before EA decides to close out this unnecessarily online only game.

That’s it for me. I’ll be set to enjoy new games for the remainder of this year at least. Happy Holidays!

• Like 4

6 days left and we stand at 9 games completed from our collective backlogs. Can we get to double digits? I am going to try to get one more in. I am currently trying to finish up AC Odyssey before the year ends. I just have one more DLC to complete. After that, I will find a backlog game I can hopefully finish before the year ends. 

7 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

6 days left and we stand at 9 games completed from our collective backlogs. Can we get to double digits? I am going to try to get one more in. I am currently trying to finish up AC Odyssey before the year ends. I just have one more DLC to complete. After that, I will find a backlog game I can hopefully finish before the year ends. 

I’m trying to finish Odyssey as a backlog game. The third episode of Atlantis is a little boring for me though. 

5 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

The third episode of Atlantis is a little boring for me though. 

You hit the nail on the head here...

I have to hope I am close to being done. Also, did you notice a difficulty spike in this last DLC? I have had to restart from checkpoints more here than anywhere else in the game. Granted, some armor is not quite up to level because of how much material and money it takes to upgrade now at level 99. Some armor is still at level 89, the last time I could upgrade everything at once.

Edited by Fnee2000

Alright, AC Odyssey is done after clocking in just under 138 hours according to my final save. Now I can free up 130gb of space on my PS4. Anyway, now to find a game from my backlog I can finish in the next 5 days or so...

• Like 1

Well, got my one last backlog game in before the end of the year. I thought I would end the decade with a game that has been sitting on my backlog for a decade. This one sure tried my patience though. With horrible game design, tons of bugs, enemies that can somehow one shot through walls, enemies that spawn from behind, horribly spaced out checkpoints (especially on the last level), horrible performance issues with severely low FPS (especially on the final boss) and 7 game crashes. I think they spent all their money on the two main voice actors. Humorously they had a character called QA in the game and I think they skipped QA during production. Anyway, glad to be done with this one finally...

Eat Lead (PS3) - Completed in 10 years, 5 months

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 3

On 2019-12-26 at 0:35 AM, Fnee2000 said:

I have to hope I am close to being done. Also, did you notice a difficulty spike in this last DLC? 

I actually didn’t really notice a difficulty spike. I had my Assassin Damage so high, I would just do my Rush assassination chain it 5 times with my special weapon, then hide and repeat. The final boss was just a meat shield... thank god for my Blessing of Kronos or whatever it was.