“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

4 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

I believe only a few members have used the aforementioned as monthly completions, & I may not have added that last one into the rules yet, but it has been discussed in this thread before.

I may have to resort to this at a certain point. A lot of my old PS3 games have platinums that are unobtainable. Oh wait, since Warhawk is completely unobtainable, would my 2% count ???

12 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Other options you may not be aware of; the rarely used for example: story completion (Rule #2). Also, completing every available trophy in an unobtainable list (for reasons of server closure). I believe only a few members have used the aforementioned as monthly completions, & I may not have added that last one into the rules yet, but it has been discussed in this thread before.

This^

I have a few games that i started after or before server closure that I will go back and get all the trophies I can still get minus the MP ones to count!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Nicely done... one pub here banned me from trivia nights a few years back, lol

... used to spend my lunch breaks in primary school in the library reading history books and encyclopedias...

Hehe, Thanks and damn!

My biggest problem with the version I found was it is a British copy. So there were a lot of questions involving Britain, Scotland, and Ireland. A lot of football (soccer to me) questions, which I know nothing about. NA copies were going for way too much money, especially what people were charging for shipping. Found this copy on Ebay for 5 GBP with free shipping. Just took a month to get to me.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-06 at 9:56 AM, xEl_Cidx said:

This^

I have a few games that i started after or before server closure that I will go back and get all the trophies I can still get minus the MP ones to count!

Yeah, I did this for Lord of the Rings Conquest.  Impossible to do the online ones now so I completed all the offline ones.  I’ve got the original Ghostbusters: The Videogame in the same boat as well.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 0:27 AM, King Hayes said:

So if I were to go through a game, for example, NBA 2K15, and get every single trophy I can that isn't online correlated (servers shut down), that would essentially count? 

Yep, you can do that. I remembered it was Kevvik after posting that cleaned up an unobtainable list, but thought I won't name drop them. 

On 3/6/2020 at 2:21 AM, Fnee2000 said:

I may have to resort to this at a certain point. A lot of my old PS3 games have platinums that are unobtainable. Oh wait, since Warhawk is completely unobtainable, would my 2% count ???

Hmm...I'd say no if you couldn't earn anymore trophies from it. If the last trophies were earned within your window of joining you're welcome to count it if you like. 

On 3/6/2020 at 9:56 AM, xEl_Cidx said:

This^

Go for it! Just make sure y'all mention they were server closures for me. Otherwise I might think you've hit your head turning in an incomplete list ?

& maybe I'll remember to officially add this to the rules when I update the OP again....

Loving to hear about the teamwork @bruin-rocks & @Fnee2000 Keep blazing through your backlogs!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Hmm...I'd say no if you couldn't earn anymore trophies from it. If the last trophies were earned within your window of joining you're welcome to count it if you like. 

Hehe, it was my attempt at a joke. That game is lost to my backlog for all time. No way to earn trophies for that game without official servers. However, there is a way to play it supposedly using an Android app. You just don’t earn any trophies.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night, platinum in 1 year 10months. First trophy May 1st 2018, Rarity 38.31%. I really enjoyed this game. I’m thinking of starting Persona 4, and doing the other dancing games as well, the music was awesome, I’m looking forward to hearing more and being able to have actual gameplay aside from a rhythm game. I have never been terribly good at them. 

• Like 4

So for March I am cleaning up two games. The first one is Knowledges Is Power..... Al that was left for me on this playlink game was a boring grind of playing more than 20 games (against myself) to get the platinum. After 1 year and 8 months I can however say that I managed to do it. The second game that I am trying to clean, is the division. I am doing this  with a friend. I am however still cleaning it up but think I can complete it before the end of March

• Like 3

Due to fears of the Coronavirus I have been laid off from my job, so in this time I have started Persona 4: Golden on PS Vita, it will be a while until I get a trophy for it, but hopefully I can clear the game in my time off. Started it about 3 or 4 years ago I believe. I really liked the atmosphere of the Dancing game, and I’m getting the same feeling from P4 Golden, it’s nice to revisit the characters in a different type of game. 

13 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

Due to fears of the Coronavirus I have been laid off from my job, so in this time I have started Persona 4: Golden on PS Vita, it will be a while until I get a trophy for it, but hopefully I can clear the game in my time off. Started it about 3 or 4 years ago I believe. I really liked the atmosphere of the Dancing game, and I’m getting the same feeling from P4 Golden, it’s nice to revisit the characters in a different type of game. 

That really sucks. Every part of life is affected by it and it blows. No sports to watch, cant even send kids to school. And stupid people are freaking out and bulk buying stupid things like toilet paper. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

I know the feeling of not having work. I teach here in Vietnam and schools have been off since the Lunar New Year started in mid January. They still haven't gone back to class since then and the return date was pushed back again for another 3 weeks. That is why I have had a lot more free time to get some games finished over the past 2 months. Thankfully I still have my evening online classes I teach to keep me afloat financially. Just tired of being cooped up in my apartment though. My wife doesn't want to go anywhere, especially now since the number of cases here has almost tripled in the past two weeks. So definitely use this free time to get some long awaited stuff done. Also, if you want to get more Diablo characters done, just let me know...

On 3/9/2020 at 10:43 PM, Fnee2000 said:

Hehe, it was my attempt at a joke. That game is lost to my backlog for all time. No way to earn trophies for that game without official servers. However, there is a way to play it supposedly using an Android app. You just don’t earn any trophies.

:facepalm: Completely lost that over internet context & my lack of common sense. 

On 3/10/2020 at 0:07 PM, JayDeLosDioses said:

@Gretchen27 would you be so kind and add me to the inactive section of this event?

I'm leaving gaming for the forseeable future, but I'll update you if I've completed any other game during that time.

See y'all on the other side :)

Will do. Feel free to come on back whenever you get back into gaming :wave:

On 3/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Damn, I hope things calm down soon so you can get your job back. & we all can get back to our outdoor activities. Persona 4 is an excellent choice to jump back into with the extra time though. Don't let the Rise line trophy drive you crazy!

• Like 1

@AmarisSkye Added. 

Welcome to the event! Your list has some really great gems in there, time to get back to them :D

@Psy-Tychist

Three done is awesome while taking on KYC. I was struggling to find time for it myself but now my own work has been suspended for the foreseeable future. Less then half the month left to wrap up a backlog game. 

Took a few weeks but I have crossed another game off my list. A Lego game that has been on my to do list for a while. Took a little over 25 hours to get everything done. Just felt like there way too much of the same 5 or 6 types of quests to do. Made it seem like it took longer than it did. Anyway, I managed to get the platinum and all the DLC done...

LEGO Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - Completed in 5 years, 1 month

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Took a few weeks but I have crossed another game off my list. A Lego game that has been on my to do list for a while. Took a little over 25 hours to get everything done. Just felt like there way too much of the same 5 or 6 types of quests to do. Made it seem like it took longer than it did. Anyway, I managed to get the platinum and all the DLC done...

LEGO Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - Completed in 5 years, 1 month

Congrats! I really gotta finish this and Lego Marvel of PS4 too.

On 3/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, AmarisSkye said:

I would like to join.

Game(s) working on right now

A Plague Tale: Innocence

Borderlands (DLC)

Borderlands 2 (DLC)

Grim Fandango Remastered

The Bridge

Games on agenda for event:

Reveal hidden contents

PS3 Started, but not Completed

S6c7f36.pngAlice: Madness Returns (5%; Started February 2014)

S06a14e.png Beyond Good & Evil HD (33%; Started February 2014)

S57a5f1.png BioShock (19%; Started March 2013)

Sd9ebf0.png BioShock Infinite (27%; Started March 2013)

Sa9d2e9.png Bound by Flame (6%; Started April 2019)

S4ff069.png Catherine (14%; Started April 2013)

S8a31be.png Closure (9%; Started February 2013)

S29f5ab.png Dead Island (24%; Started January 2014)

Sf7e6f6.png Dragon Age: Origins (6%; Started January 2013)

S631ae5.png Fallout 3 (4%; Started February 2014)

S04f346.png Heavy Rain (58%; Started January 2013)

Sd58cb2.png I Am Alive (9%; Started November 2015)

S5f245c.png ICO (1%; Started February 2019)

S368f94.png LEGO The Hobbit (19%; Started March 2015)

S7fa92b.png LEGO The Lord of the Rings (61%; Started February 2014)

Sc1510a.png Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (2%; Started April 2013)

Saa1608.png Noby Noby Boy (80%; Started May 2015)

Sef8679.png Portal 2 (10%; Started April 2013)

Sfce5a1.png Puppeteer (11%; Started August 2014)

Sc68d7a.png Quantum Conundrum (6%; Started April 2013)

S1a6b27.png Remember Me (8%; Started May 2014)

S5f133b.png Sly 2: Band of Thieves (34%; Started April 2019)

S929f9b.png Sly Minigames (85%; Started February 2019)

S3f1e16.png The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (30%; Started June 2013)

S5560a8.png The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (75%; Started February 2014)

S5d87ab.png Unmechanical Extended (90%; Started October 2015)

PS4 Started, but not Completed

S41dce2.png A Plague Tale: Innocence (14%; Started May 2019)

Sd6493b.png Another World (61%; Started April 2019)

Sacc62e.png Assassin's Creed Odyssey (1%; Started October 2018)

Sec37b8.png Bastion (10%; Started August 2018)

S229268.png Beyond: Two Souls (90%; Started July 2018)

S04f57b.png BioShock (7%; Started October 2016)

Se3bc1d.png Borderlands (87%; Started April 2019)

S7284a8.png Borderlands 2 (81%; Started July 2016)

S4050d6.png Borderlands 3 (24%; Started September 2019)

S17947c.png Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (1%; Started May 2019)

Sa633cd.png Burnout Paradise Remastered (94%; Started March 2019)

S38044f.png Crash Bandicoot (27%; Started July 2017)

S837011.png Crash Bandioot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (12%; Started July 2017)

Saacf5e.png Crash Bandicoot: Warped (4%; Started July 2018)

Sd92069.png Days Gone (2%; Started May 2019)

S327469.png Dino Frontier (70%; Started November 2017)

S76bec4.png Dishonored Definitive Edition (1%; Started October 2018)

Sdca299.png Fallout 4 (9%; Started December 2015)

S05bebd.png Fallout 76 (18%; Started November 2018)

S896c74.png God of War (91%; Started April 2018)

S888f20.png Grim Fandango Remastered (26%; Started January 2016)

S031478.png Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (29%; Started March 2019)

S0b6750.png Horizon Zero Dawn (93%; Started March 2017)

S108bf6.png HUE (68%; Started October 2017)

Sc4000d.png Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (1%; Started March 2019)

S7364fb.png Kingdom Hearts III (67%; Started January 2019)

Sbf8c87.png Lara Croft GO (22%; Started March 2019)

Sd2d12c.png LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (2%; Started November 2017)

S94f81e.png Little Nightmares (29%; Started May 2017)

Sfe0ebb.png Marvel's Spider-Man (77%; Started September 2018)

Sb2570d.png Mirror's Edge Catalyst (5%; Started December 2017)

S205674.png Prey (74%; Started May 2017)

Se86c8e.png Psychonauts (1%; Started October 2018)

Scc16dc.png Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (9%; Started September 2018)

S3e3da1.png Ratchet & Clank (10%; Started July 2018)

S5bbd6e.png Shadow of the Colossus (8%; Started February 2018)

S7a8294.png Spyro the Dragon (19%; Started November 2018)

S4cfd2f.png Stardew Valley (11%; Started March 2018)

S5dfe27.png Statik (95%; Started September 2017)

S5be6a1.png Tearaway Unfolded (37%; Started July 2016)

S0de3be.png Teslagrad (64%; Started October 2015)

S03e4c2.png Tetris Effect (30%; Started December 2018)

S3e72c2.png The Bridge (14%; Started October 2018)

Sc8cc5f.png The Outer Worlds (4%; Started October 2019)

S85a626.png The Unfinished Swan (71%; Started July 2016)

Sa52f53.png The Walking Dead: The Final Season (1%; Started April 2019)

Sc2d69f.png Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (16%; Started June 2018)

S4142d9.png Twin Robots (24%; Started March 2019)

S1ae6d8.png Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (7%; Started January 2016)

Safcb9d.png Unmechanical Extended (33%; Started July 2018)

S7ebc7f.png Unravel (1%; Started February 2018)

Sfd687c.png Xeodrifter (19%; Started July 2016)

PSVita Started, but not Completed

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (18%; Started July 2017)

Sf95128.png Corpse Party: Blood Drive (2%; Started August 2018)

S2a34c1.png Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (1%; Started August 2018)

S5b9590.png Forma.8 (7%; Started August 2018)

Sb56d50.png Foul Play (6%; Started Oct 2018)

Sebd611.png Nihilumbra (9%; Started April 2019)

S8fba1e.png Persona 4 Golden (4%; Started August 2018)

Sf89d5a.png Severed (1%; Started September 2018)

Sd3985e.png Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (66%; Started February 2019)

S177dfa.png Twin Robots (57%; Started March 2019)

Se12bc6.png Xeodrifter (19%; Started August 2018)

How do you make the "agenda for vent" items like this? Also a heads up Portal 2 is unobtainable. So that won't be 100% unfortunately.

With all the craziness going on & participating in KYC, I somehow managed a game this month with The Grand Tour Game at 6 months, 1 week. P: 30.86% AR: 21.94%

I’m a little surprised at how high the rarity is since the plat is grindy for such a simple game. TGTG is largely just watching the show & doing some driving. But the completion requirements are 50 wins with each of the guys + Stig Abbie, & using the power-ups (aka: ways to ruin your opponents day) in increments between 25-50 times. This has to be done in split screen mode in couch co-op or against the AI, essentially padding hours onto the completion time.

Aside from that, the main game is a wacky, yet fun idea. If you’re a fan of the hapless trio it wouldn’t be a loss to give the game a shot. It’s not Need for Speed worthy or anything, just an inventive way to watch the show & smoothly transition into some easy driving mechanics. I didn’t mean for this one to end up on the backlog, even with the tedious grinding. But I had accidentally deleted it... Went to hit close application & instead my fingers dropped down to delete. This digital only title is a massive 50GB for such simple gameplay. Stuck at home for more then usual now though, I had no excuse not to finally sit down & finish it.

Deception IV has once again eluded me. 1 (yes, singular) new mission completed. It's seriously tough, but I'm hoping for better progress soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

With all the craziness going on & participating in KYC, I somehow managed a game this month with The Grand Tour Game at 6 months, 1 week. P: 30.86% AR: 21.94%

I’m a little surprised at how high the rarity is since the plat is grindy for such a simple game. TGTG is largely just watching the show & doing some driving. But the completion requirements are 50 wins with each of the guys + Stig Abbie, & using the power-ups (aka: ways to ruin your opponents day) in increments between 25-50 times. This has to be done in split screen mode in couch co-op or against the AI, essentially padding hours onto the completion time.

Aside from that, the main game is a wacky, yet fun idea. If you’re a fan of the hapless trio it wouldn’t be a loss to give the game a shot. It’s not Need for Speed worthy or anything, just an inventive way to watch the show & smoothly transition into some easy driving mechanics. I didn’t mean for this one to end up on the backlog, even with the tedious grinding. But I had accidentally deleted it... Went to hit close application & instead my fingers dropped down to delete. This digital only title is a massive 50GB for such simple gameplay. Stuck at home for more then usual now though, I had no excuse not to finally sit down & finish it.

Deception IV has once again eluded me. 1 (yes, singular) new mission completed. It's seriously tough, but I'm hoping for better progress soon.

I loved this game. I loved the show. Having the game made it extra special. I got to play each episode as they released, while I waited for each update I watched the episode on Amazon Prime though, then played through rewatching it. Those three are so witty! I’m also first achiever for the 100% in that game on PSNProfiles, fitting considering how much I enjoyed the show and got screwed trying to be first on Harvest Moon...