“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

On 02/05/2020 at 10:39 PM, Fnee2000 said:

Oooooh, mind sharing? I still need to wrap up BL2 on PS4 and PS3 and this would make it go by quicker. If you don’t mind, that is...

Of course

22 hours ago, SasquatchSaul said:

I'd like to sign up, I've got over 250+ games from over 6 months ago I've been meaning to get to 1f644.png

I've been playing Yakuza games for the first time this month, I finished Yakuza 0's story last week (Started in May 2018, only did a chapter or so) and have been playing Kiwami, I don't own any others so once I'm done with Kiwami's story I'll try to go back to 0 for 100%. Looks like an absolute beast so I don't know if I'll get 'er done in May.

Also been playing Mass Effect: Andromeda (I started it back in May 2018 also weirdly enough), had to start a new playthrough as I wanted to start fresh and it's alright. On my second habitable planet and while the combat is smooth the rest has been a little shaky thus far. Not a fan of the remnant tech/story (Also what's with boring robot drone enemies in games this gen) and I was hoping the planets would have a more varied content, was disappointed to land on my second planet and see another 3 remnant towers around the edges just like the last one. Not sure how long it is but might get it done this month.

I need those climax battles myself 

On 21/05/2020 at 0:27 PM, SasquatchSaul said:

Nice work so far though, you’re pretty much done :o are the climax battles particularly difficult? Just been grinding the JCC catfights, only won 3/10 in an hour :facepalm:

Climaxes are tough. They are doable but there's about 5 or 6 that will make you rage. They're harder than anything in the main game.

Hey, I'd like to sign up as well.

I just finished Black Ops 3 a few days ago and it's probably the perfect game for this event as it was the first game I ever got a trophy on.

It's from October 2018 when I got the PS4 because RDR2 wasn't coming to PC. (And then got stuck with the console and sold my PC, yeah)

The PS4 was bundled with BO3 so I started that a few days before RDR2 came out and then just kinda forgot it until now.

• Like 4

I finished GTA IV, started on 28th Jun 2019. Not going for the plat, that just looks like a huge grind and not fun but I managed to finish the story and nab that 30 hour "speedrun" trophy. Next up is Resident Evil 7 and after that I'm back to GTA IV to finish the Episodes from Liberty City.

The story was great but the driving is one of the worst I've ever seen in any game. Especially the bikes, those are extremely frustrating to handle. I just can't wait to play the biker gang expansion.

• Like 2

I ended up booting up Mass Effect 1 on PS3 instead of continuing with Andromeda, and all of a sudden I’m locked into a run of the full trilogy. Have done 3 completionist playthroughs of 1 in around 35~ hours, just have some combat stuff to grind out remaining. Already imported into Mass Effect 2, should be even quicker completion considering it only requires a single playthrough. Something about the trilogy is just lightning in a bottle and even playing it on a old ass machine is an awesome experience.

Will definitely come back to Andromeda, just afterwards now... Still grinding Yakuza 0, completed both the cabaret and real estate and most substories and have been clearing out the climax battles. Lost alot of progress when I closed the application not realising the completed battles dont autosave :(

• Like 2

On 26.5.2020 at 1:58 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Keep up that dedication, Laser Lord.

Is there another series lined up next now that Battlefield is nearly done?

Guess I'll also take the time to put in my completion for the month with Megadimension Neptunia VII at 1 year, 1 month. It may not be a milestone plat, though I did unlock it on May 4th. Marking my second year hosting this event, so a milestone of its own.

I jumped into my first run of this series on console for KYC last year with less then great results. On the surface it's exactly what you'd find from the Vita games, then it hits you with a difficulty spike. It was weirdly thrown right at the start of the game & is largely the reason I lost interest in it after the event ended. But I finally felt like tackling the challenge & the damn thing turned out easier then I remembered. Still, I experienced two bad blips along the way. Got stuck in a death box: saved right before a boss with no way to heal or get items. Thankfully I had a cloud save, still cost 4hrs of gameplay. Shortly after that, the game crashed. I thought PP would be my least favorite neptunia game, but this one really wants that award.

I have never played any Dimension games - are they worth played (for everyone). I wanna expand my game choices. Here and there they always pop up on people's profiles so yea maybe i should take a look into it.

About Battlefield games. BFBC will be finished tomorrow. I know it's a cheap way to get a backlog game done in a month but there is no rule which says go for every game ASAP :P

After the Crysis and now the Battlefield franchise I am thinking about the Far Cry franchise. 3 and 4 are already done and 2 is will be my next grind target. I could also go for BioShock or Uncharted so I am really unsure. Well.... Battlefront is becoming PS Plus soon so I defiantly go for that one but other than the mentioned franchises I stick most likely to BFV, World of Tanks, War Thunder and backlog games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

So I've been thinking about overhauling the ranking system. Do away with the averaging as it's a nightmare to maintain. Something along the lines of:

:platinum: - earned when 12+ games have been removed for the year. 

:gold: - earned when at least 6 games have been removed for the year.

:silver: - earned with the 1st game removed for the year.

:bronze: - earned for joining the event with no backlog games removed, yet. 

:hidden: - Inactive participants.

These would reset back to bronze for everyone at the start of the year, giving the chance to strive for a fresh platinum rank every year. What does everyone think? I'm open to other suggestions for it as well (just as long as it's in the easier direction :angel:). 

It’s a good idea and definitely less stressful on you. The only thing I would recommend for a change are the bottom three ranks. I would go...

:silver: - earned with the 3rd game removed for the year.

:bronze: - earned with the 1st game removed for the year.

:hidden: - Inactive participants or those joining the event with no backlog games removed, yet. 

Also, maybe putting the rank that people earned the previous year under their name somehow? Ex:

2019 - :platinum: 22 games removed

2018 - :gold: 7 games removed

etc...

• Like 2