“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

3 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

So I've been thinking about overhauling the ranking system. Do away with the averaging as it's a nightmare to maintain. Something along the lines of:

:platinum: - earned when 12+ games have been removed for the year. 

:gold: - earned when at least 6 games have been removed for the year.

:silver: - earned with the 1st game removed for the year.

:bronze: - earned for joining the event with no backlog games removed, yet. 

:hidden: - Inactive participants.

These would reset back to bronze for everyone at the start of the year, giving the chance to strive for a fresh platinum rank every year. What does everyone think? I'm open to other suggestions for it as well (just as long as it's in the easier direction :angel:). 

I like the sounds of this. I agree with @Fnee2000 on going by your rank per year and how many games you have completed off your backlog. 

• Like 2

On 2-6-2020 at 4:05 AM, Fnee2000 said:

It’s a good idea and definitely less stressful on you. The only thing I would recommend for a change are the bottom three ranks. I would go...

:silver: - earned with the 3rd game removed for the year.

:bronze: - earned with the 1st game removed for the year.

:hidden: - Inactive participants or those joining the event with no backlog games removed, yet. 

Also, maybe putting the rank that people earned the previous year under their name somehow? Ex:

2019 - :platinum: 22 games removed

2018 - :gold: 7 games removed

etc...

I can second that, although you might perhaps opt then to rather give inactive participants the ❌ "rank" or something to still set them apart from those who just haven't completed a game yet for the year (or is that symbol perhaps a bit too harsh? :P ). People who are perhaps trying to complete a very difficult or grindy title will take quite long to get itdone and to then give them the same label as an inactive participant doesn't seem entirely fair.

Perhaps an idea to link this system to some sort of monthly/yearly leaderboard based on the amount of completed games? And everytime the monthly winner gets the "privilege" to challenge the other participants for a monthly challenge (like complete a backlog game starting with a certain letter/number, complete a backlog game under 5%, picking 1 game for every other participant that they have to complete that month) Maybe tweak things a bit that you can't be monthly winner twice in a row perhaps or maybe set slightly different rules to become monthly winner each month to keep it interesting and "fair" for everybody. I guess these are things the participants are kinda able to monitor between themselves (if anyone is up for it at least) and wouldn't necessarily require any extra effort from you personally beside adding the leaderboard in the introduction, even though I think it might actually be something useful to keep track of this new ranking system anyway.

Just an idea I had recently since I was thinking it might be fun to be a bit more involved into eachothers backlog, if that makes sense :) . No stakes or anyhting so no one has to feel forced into doing something they don't really feel like doing either. Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT; never mind any of that, I stumbled upon an event which sorta does this already, so much for thinking I had an actual original idea ^^

EDIT#2 well I mean we might still include some sort of challenges towards eachother here as well if people are interested but we could just keep it simple so it wouldn't be that much extra work to monitor

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

Almost done with Mass Effect. If anyone wants to start it make sure you're playing as the Soldier class for access to all weapons. I played as Sentinel and now I have to go back through to get 450 kills with other guns... Also need to grind 30k more xp with my level 59 character, and start two more playthroughs with engineer and adept to grind power uses. Plodding through Mass Effect 2 insanity, I was surprised to see how closely it resembles Mass Effect 1, just all the shit trimmed out.

Also been playing

Ratchet and Clank 3 (Nostalgia trip, own the trilogy on ps3)

Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time (Bought Ps Now in days of play, never played any of the future R&C games)

Yakuza 0 (Not played in a minute, still grinding CP)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Bought after its price drop, playing through story, new engine is fantastic!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fnee2000 said:

Finished my first game for June. It was an oldie and a goodie. I really enjoyed going through this game again. The last time was when the game first came out and on Xbox 360. Now to decide whether I want to do the challenge rooms DLC now or hold off. I never did them back in the day. However, I am reading one of them can be a real pain. Anyway, off to figure what to do next...

Bioshock (PS3) - Platinum in 11 years, 3 months

The first two challenge rooms were quite fun imo and manage to put the gameplay of the main game to a whole new level with very inventive puzzles so I can highly recommend to give those a shot. The last one isn't all that interesting as it's basically just one large combat arena, but it can still be fun since resources are limited so you'll have to be tactical about it. The trophy which requires you to complete it in under 15 minutes is indeed a real pain in the a** though, but it's definitely manageable with a guide showing the right strategy. It just takes quite a bit of practice to get it right, I still have to get back to that one too, I just don't enjoy speedrun trophies, they stress me out way too much. Congrats on the plat anyway! :) 

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

8 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

The trophy which requires you to complete it in under 15 minutes is indeed a real pain in the a** though,

Yes, that trophy is the one that worries me most. I dislike speedrun trophies immensely. Worrying about playing the game should be good enough, having to worry about how long you are taking is just too much. Because if I don't do it in 15 minutes, I just wasted over 15 minutes and have to do it again, and again, and again, and again. It gets tiresome and annoying...

Edited by Fnee2000

On 7.6.2020 at 3:47 AM, Fnee2000 said:

Yes, that trophy is the one that worries me most. I dislike speedrun trophies immensely. Worrying about playing the game should be good enough, having to worry about how long you are taking is just too much. Because if I don't do it in 15 minutes, I just wasted over 15 minutes and have to do it again, and again, and again, and again. It gets tiresome and annoying...

Its kinda funny how for different people different trophie are annoying. i dont really mind speedruns but i cannot stand collectibles or stuff i need a video to find. and i really dont care playing throught a game more than 1 time while a friend of mine hates that a loves using videoguides^^

On 09/06/2020 at 2:09 AM, Gretchen27 said:

@SasquatchSaul

Would you recommend the Soldier class for Insanity difficulty on ME2? I’ve gone back to it a few times now & make it past one recruit (Garrus) then get stuck on the second recruit (usually Mordin). Or is there an easier order to getting the team back together? Clearing Insanity + 1 combat trophy is all I have left for this one.

Mass Effect 2 is probably the hardest to do Insanity, but most classes are viable. Soldier is very versatile and has access to all weapons. I played Vanguard in 2 and had a pretty straightforward time (you really have to abuse cover when a Harbinger/YMIR mech is walking right up to you firing missiles. Vanguard gets you an armour refill every time you charge so you can always relocate during a fight. I beat Insanity on an old account with the Infiltrator, which may be even easier as you can cloak and headshot for an instant kill 9/10 times (plus you get the Black Widow Sniper on the ghost ship mission which pretty much guarantees your run). Your companions make a big difference too, I pretty much ran with Miranda the whole game as she has both Overload for shields and Warp for barriers, you want to always use squad powers on affected enemies, once theyve only got health remaining you can ragdoll them all over. Pretty much every mission has a tricky part. The Cain heavy weapon is useful for the final boss/biotic barrier section of the suicide mission, and Kasumi’s locust SMG is S tier. Finally dont import a ME2 character as the level scaling will fuck you in the early game, playing as a level 1-5 character is a much easier time. 

Beat ME2 the other day and started up 3, and its so much easier on insanity. Instant cooldowns so you can just spam charge/nova and clear pretty much every encounter as Vanguard. Will probably finish 3 then plat the whole trilogy together :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, IGUnique said:

Second game of june (well I am not including another 1 map of killing floor 2) 

S620e71.png
All 42 Trophies
16th June 2020  Platinum in 2 years, 11 months

Boring RNG with this chests but can finally delete this game for good 1f606.png

Congrats! I remember playing that and hoping for the RNG bs, until I realized that I could grab what somebody on my friends list had received for the chest... as soon as I realized that it was a piece of cake. Knack 2 is much much better imo. But I did enjoy this for what it was, I know most people didn't.

14 hours ago, Leigrez said:

Congrats! I remember playing that and hoping for the RNG bs, until I realized that I could grab what somebody on my friends list had received for the chest... as soon as I realized that it was a piece of cake. Knack 2 is much much better imo. But I did enjoy this for what it was, I know most people didn't.

Yeah if you add enough people that are playing or have played the game you can basicly grab everything except the diamond crystals. Took me like 5-6 hours to farm those out. Is 2 really worth it? I did enjoy the gameplay of knack 1 but kinda in doubt if I can play trough such a bad story again...

8 hours ago, IGUnique said:

Yeah if you add enough people that are playing or have played the game you can basicly grab everything except the diamond crystals. Took me like 5-6 hours to farm those out. Is 2 really worth it? I did enjoy the gameplay of knack 1 but kinda in doubt if I can play trough such a bad story again...

I personally liked it more... the story is cliched but still fun, it's also better gameplay imo. On a plus side, if you don't like it, it's half the amount of time of an investment... the first is 35 - 40 hrs, 2 is only around 15 - 20 from what I recall.

Sorry for disappearing for about two months. I finished a game in April but it didn't qualify for this event. I hadn't played my PS systems at all in May or for most of June because I was busy putting 900 hours into Animal Crossing New Horizons.

I am hoping to finish my 50th platinum by the end of the month with Beyond Two Souls. I just need the trophy for playing through the entire game in two player mode and I am done. I would also be content with God of War being my 50th platinum if I can beat the last Valkyrie but I have been trying to do that for years.

Either way, I like the new ranking system and I am very glad to be back.

I'd also like to add two games to my to be completed list:
Sb1bc02.png Death Stranding (36%; Started November 2019)

Sd4b54c.png Gravity Rush Remastered (3%; Started November 2019)

Edited by AmarisSkye
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

That being said, I love the work the Quantic Dream team did on the game as well as Ellen Page's acting and I actually really enjoy the gameplay of these types of games. That's why when I couldn't beat the Valkyrie Queen in GoW, I decided that Beyond Two Souls would be my 50th Platinum. 

I would just recommend fighting the Valkyrie Queen on whatever the easiest difficulty is... I crushed her on Normal first try, but I'm a loser and play a lot of games LOL so if you're having trouble, I think Easy wouldn't be too bad at all. Just double check your settings... cause if its on Normal, then it might help.

Edited by Leigrez