“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

On 2/4/2021 at 5:31 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

Do you still own a PS3?

I see quite a few games you can finish off reallt quickly if you still do.

Yeah, I do still have a PS3, I just have such little time to game, that when I get the opportunity I prefer jumping on my PS4, but I’ll take any recommendations for PS3 games, one such game is Terminator Salvation, I have been working on that for ages. It’s so boring. 

4 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Yeah, I do still have a PS3, I just have such little time to game, that when I get the opportunity I prefer jumping on my PS4, but I’ll take any recommendations for PS3 games, one such game is Terminator Salvation, I have been working on that for ages. It’s so boring. 

I know that feeling, but if you just stick with it, you can knock out the game in about 4 hours. Then you can trash it.

Other options I have seen which shouldn't take too long and some of my faves that you haven't finished yet:

Batman: Arkham Asylum - The Challenges can be ... challenging, but with a little bit of practice, you can do it.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - You have the trophy for getting all the orbs left and that's it. Did the save file get deleted or something?

Journey - The last couple of trophies will take about 20 minutes at most. You'll get one when you boot up the game and the other two you can load the levels and play offline if you want no interference.

Machinarium - The game can be completed with a guide in less than an hour, and I've completed it twice :)

Alice: Madness Returns - The levels are long and finding the collectibles can be a little time consuming, but this macabre game is a little platforming gem with some serious messed up themes.

Sleeping Dogs - A great game which I need to finish, the only pains are getting enough money to get all the cars and my save game vanished. GTA Hong Kong seems an apt title.

Dead Nation - The Morbid playthrough is a little brutal, but you can do it with patience and doing a level at a time. The Rifle, the Blade Cannon and as many Mines, Flares and Grenades as you can carry will be your ticket through the hellscape.

Tales of Monkey Island Ep1 - There are some great guides for the game, you can get through it in less than 3 hours easily.

Dead Space series - I love the DS games, DS 1 I need to finish on the hardest difficulty, the same with DS2. If you ever want to pick up DS3 at any point, let me know :)

Puppeteer - The sheer amount of trophies for this game is bonkers and once you know how to get them, they aren't that difficult. Then again, I do love platformers which  don't take themselves too seriously.

Dante's Inferno - It really is a cheap GoW clone, but the game is a lot easier. If you can stomach doing another playthrough or half playthrough, this will be easily crossed off the list.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Very fun and quite an easy RPG (I think I died twice in the whole game). The collectibles are a bit of a pain, but some forward planning and you can clear it all out before you get to the final boss.

4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I know that feeling, but if you just stick with it, you can knock out the game in about 4 hours. Then you can trash it.

Other options I have seen which shouldn't take too long and some of my faves that you haven't finished yet:

Batman: Arkham Asylum - The Challenges can be ... challenging, but with a little bit of practice, you can do it.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - You have the trophy for getting all the orbs left and that's it. Did the save file get deleted or something?

Journey - The last couple of trophies will take about 20 minutes at most. You'll get one when you boot up the game and the other two you can load the levels and play offline if you want no interference.

Machinarium - The game can be completed with a guide in less than an hour, and I've completed it twice :)

Alice: Madness Returns - The levels are long and finding the collectibles can be a little time consuming, but this macabre game is a little platforming gem with some serious messed up themes.

Sleeping Dogs - A great game which I need to finish, the only pains are getting enough money to get all the cars and my save game vanished. GTA Hong Kong seems an apt title.

Dead Nation - The Morbid playthrough is a little brutal, but you can do it with patience and doing a level at a time. The Rifle, the Blade Cannon and as many Mines, Flares and Grenades as you can carry will be your ticket through the hellscape.

Tales of Monkey Island Ep1 - There are some great guides for the game, you can get through it in less than 3 hours easily.

Dead Space series - I love the DS games, DS 1 I need to finish on the hardest difficulty, the same with DS2. If you ever want to pick up DS3 at any point, let me know :)

Puppeteer - The sheer amount of trophies for this game is bonkers and once you know how to get them, they aren't that difficult. Then again, I do love platformers which  don't take themselves too seriously.

Dante's Inferno - It really is a cheap GoW clone, but the game is a lot easier. If you can stomach doing another playthrough or half playthrough, this will be easily crossed off the list.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Very fun and quite an easy RPG (I think I died twice in the whole game). The collectibles are a bit of a pain, but some forward planning and you can clear it all out before you get to the final boss.

Thanks for the recommendations, I unfortunately don’t own most of them on disc, but if I find them cheap I will pick them up. 

Batman Arkham Asylum: I kick myself for never finishing this. I loved it so much but the ending killed it for me, so I never wanted to play it again on Hard. But I might jump back in cause it’s been so long

Jak and Daxter: I had one orb left, and my power went out and wiped my save, I was to young back then to know about back up saves. So I have to collect all the stupid orbs again. 
Journey: I loved it, but it’s too slow for me, especially with the little time I have to play, I like big action now it seems, another reason I should jump back on Arkham Asylum. 
Machinarium: Thank you for the recommendation there. I always missed that I guess, I’ll knock that out soon! 
Alice Madness Returns: I don’t own it but really want to. 
Sleeping Dogs: Sounds like it’ll be the action I’m looking for. I will start that soon

Dead Nation: I struggle... I die... I struggle... I die...

Tales of Monkey Island: I may try it out. I wasn’t a big fan though. 
Dead Space: I have all of them, and I love them all, including 3(I played it on the 360 and loved it) I’m down to give it a shot again, I also want to do the other two, but, they are difficult games for the little amount of time I have. I hate dying and losing progress, I usually just power down at that point. 
Puppeteer: Forgot that existed I have it on my PS3 though... Maybe I’ll clear that sometime. If I don’t get big action I like games with shorter “levels” so I can take breaks.

Dante’s Inferno: I got that in my list. 
South Park: I also have it on disc, been meaning to play it. But my last memory of it was standing outside a garage wondering what I was supposed to be doing. 

overall I have increased my PS3 playlist, it’s just a matter of firing it up, my PS3 also doesn’t have HDMI capabilities, so it’s harder to set up. I have a bunch of adapters to change the output for my PS3, so it eventually works with an HDMI cable. My PS3 is also 13 years old, so it’s sort of a collectible for me, I’m afraid it will die, so I take care when I use it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Batman Arkham Asylum: I kick myself for never finishing this. I loved it so much but the ending killed it for me, so I never wanted to play it again on Hard. But I might jump back in cause it’s been so long

Jak and Daxter: I had one orb left, and my power went out and wiped my save, I was to young back then to know about back up saves. So I have to collect all the stupid orbs again. 
Journey: I loved it, but it’s too slow for me, especially with the little time I have to play, I like big action now it seems, another reason I should jump back on Arkham Asylum. 
Machinarium: Thank you for the recommendation there. I always missed that I guess, I’ll knock that out soon! 
Alice Madness Returns: I don’t own it but really want to. 
Sleeping Dogs: Sounds like it’ll be the action I’m looking for. I will start that soon

Dead Nation: I struggle... I die... I struggle... I die...

Tales of Monkey Island: I may try it out. I wasn’t a big fan though. 
Dead Space: I have all of them, and I love them all, including 3(I played it on the 360 and loved it) I’m down to give it a shot again, I also want to do the other two, but, they are difficult games for the little amount of time I have. I hate dying and losing progress, I usually just power down at that point. 
Puppeteer: Forgot that existed I have it on my PS3 though... Maybe I’ll clear that sometime. If I don’t get big action I like games with shorter “levels” so I can take breaks.

Dante’s Inferno: I got that in my list. 
South Park: I also have it on disc, been meaning to play it. But my last memory of it was standing outside a garage wondering what I was supposed to be doing. 

Batman:AA - Yeah the ending was lacklustre and kind of ruined the buildup of the game, but Arkham City makes up on the story and boss fights by far.

Journey - I have no doubt that you can wrap it up in half an hour and not worry about it. 

Alice: Madness Returns - If my version would work on your PS3, I'd send you my copy :)

Dead Nation - I struggled a lot too. The issue with co-op is that they increase the difficulty by one to compensate for the extra person, so it's easier to play solo cos it's like playing the whole game on Undead otherwise!

Dead Space - Yeah, HC mode on two is my last trophy. It's a bitch to do without practice. I haven't practiced for about 5 years now.... If you want to do DS3 co-op sometime, let me know.

Puppeteer - There are quite a few levels, but they can be done in 15 - 20mins each, so they don't outstay their welcome. The bosses are very fun too.

South Park - Once you get to the open world, you can wander and find quests, it shouldn't be that hard to find the main questline. After that, just lots of toilet humour til the end.

Please add Mercenary Kings(PS4), Super Time Force Ultra(PS4/Vita), La-Mulana Ex(Vita), Persona 4 Golden(Vita) All PS3 going forward Dead Space 1, 2, and 3, Terminator Salvation, Batman Arkham Asylum, Sleeping Dogs, Machinarium, Dante’s Inferno, Puppeteer, South Park the Stick of Truth to my list of games I am working on this year, thank you. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 1

Hey Gretchen, could you add:

• f1 2017
  • Uncharted 4 (Survival DLC) 
  • The last of us Part II (Grounded mode DLC)
  • Borderlands 3 (Designer's cut DLC)
  • Ghost of Tsushima (Legends Mode DLC & New Game+ DLC)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Days Gone (All 3 DLC's)
  • BioShock Remastered
  • BioShock 2 Remastered
  • BioShock Infinite: The complete Edition
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Killzone Shadow Fall

To my list of games? Thank you in advance!

Hey all, time for an update and a bit of a list re-do - I think I was a bit hasty with building out a month-by-month breakdown. So i've decided to remove the month milestones, I'm playing newer backlog games & newer releases too as part of a separate challenge. So tying specific titles into specific months is a bit overwhelming and counterproductive to balancing both healthily.

I'm currently working on a final playthrough of Observation to clear up the last couple of trophies that I need for the 100%. Truly one of the best science fiction stories i've ever experienced. If you are into slow burning narrative sci-fi that really makes you think, this one is well worth a shot.

Spoiler
  • Hand of Fate > COMPLETE [First trophy - 19 Feb 2015]
  • Rogue Galaxy > COMPLETE [First trophy - 25 Dec 2015]
  • Yakuza 5 Remaster > COMPLETE  [First trophy - 17th Mar 2020]
  • Observation > IN PROGRESS [First trophy - 29th Apr 2020]
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain [First trophy - 5 Sep 2015]
  • Bloodborne [First trophy - 12 Jan 2016]
  • Dark Cloud 2 [First trophy - 13 Feb 2016]
  • Digimon Story: Cybersleuth [First trophy - 17 Feb 2016]
  • Firewatch [First trophy - 6th Mar 2016]
  • Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition [First trophy - 28 Mar 2016]
  • Tearaway Unfolded [First trophy - 2 Apr 2016]
  • Dark Souls 3 [First trophy - 13 Apr 2016]
  • Just Cause 3 [First trophy - 19 Jun 2016]
  • Divinity: Original Sin [First trophy - 14 Aug 2016]
  • Beyond: Two Souls [First trophy - 16 May 2017]
  • The Evil Within [First trophy - 9th Sept 2017]

• Like 1

I’m currently playing Swords of Ditto, I have no memory of playing it 3 years ago, but apparently I did, not sure why I put it down back then either because I was having a blast playing the game the last couple days. But now I have a tedious grind ahead of me, but it’s but really as bad as I am assuming it will be, I’m already 20/50 penguins, and 40/50 history runes, and I still have to beat the final boss three more times for the secret ending. 

• Like 1