“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

On 3/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, Gretchen27 said:

@Wild-Arms-R A username that starts with a 'W,' maybe we'll have the complete alphabet one day. 

Welcome to the event! I'll have a section in place for you next update :D

Got a game done early with Papers, Please at 9 months, 2 weeks. Rarity 9.62% A 100% non-platinum game to boot, that’s a rare one for me.

Papers, Please is an indie, point & click game set in a early 1980s fictional communist country. You play as a new inspector (drawn from the work lottery) at a border crossing checkpoint. Where you must work meticulously hard checking entry paperwork for discrepancies, earning meager wages that are never enough to support your family without sacrificing food or heating some days to pay the bills. The opposition is frequently pressuring you to aide them with tasks to usurp the government that can start as simple as letting certain people in without their papers, & can escalate all the way to murder.

The gameplay revolves around this checkpoint station.

Ewju-N8v-XIAUFy-YH.jpg

Checking minute details on people’s paperwork from weight, country, picture, fingerprints, seals, names, DOB, it goes on for 20 more items.

It gets overwhelming, as everyday sees a new item thrown in or changed. & at the beginning, I felt rushed to process enough people to make living wages. Then I got a bad ending for being trustworthy, & that’s when I had enough of this game, leaving it to rot on my list. Well, I finally felt like giving it a fresh start, & my opinion didn’t improve all that much. I certainly had my method down for processing the randomly generated people, & it was satisfying to clear a dozen a day, but at the same time, it felt like a slog. I’d cringe every time I heard that tickertape citation print out telling me I missed a discrepancy. The game just didn’t click well with me.

Next up :dunno: Been playing some fun games for KYC, so nothing backlog related is vying for my attention.

I've been considering joining this event since I'm VERY bad about starting new games before finishing current/old ones. We just update here during the month that we finish one (that applies to the six months old rule), right?

Also I had to reply to you playing Papers Please, because theres a game by the same dev called Return of the Obra Dinn that is just fantastic. Much better than Papers Please. Really worth playing if you ever find yourself looking at or considering it. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

I've been considering joining this event since I'm VERY bad about starting new games before finishing current/old ones. We just update here during the month that we finish one (that applies to the six months old rule), right?

Also I had to reply to you playing Papers Please, because theres a game by the same dev called Return of the Obra Dinn that is just fantastic. Much better than Papers Please. Really worth playing if you ever find yourself looking at or considering it. 

That you do. Basically it's show interest in posting here and then post when you finish games that fit the criteria and enjoy the chill and friendly vibe :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JourneySilvers said:

I wouldn't mind entering if it's alright ?

Of course, I'll have you in the OP next update. Welcome to a near endless endeavor B)

Like Psy-Tychist said -someone's always good about answering questions quickly here for me, so always feel free to ask about anything you're unsure of- any game 6 months or older from trophy earned is eligible. Just be sure to share your completion journey here, we enjoy reading them; & try to include the duration & percentage (that helps me out). Other than that, it's work at your backlog at your own pace.

I'll check out Return of the Obra Dinn, the name sounds familiar for some reason. As long as it doesn't requiring exacting tasks like Papers, Please, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

• Like 3

i'd like to sign up! I know you said its not required to list but id like to work on Lego City Undercover, Mafia II Definitive, Arkham Asylum, Heavy Rain. Borderlands 3, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Hollow Knight, Unravel, RDR2 and Arkham City. Dead Island and Resident Evil as well as i imagine i wont be finishing those before they hit six months. Also just to be clear: its games you started at least six months ago, not games that you got your last trophy in six months ago, correct?

• Like 3

On 16.3.2021 at 0:51 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

@bruin-rocks @JayDeLosDioses @Crispy_Oglop I see that we all have Bloodborne in our backlogs. Would you agree to friendly wager to try and get this Monster off our list this year? I'm trying it for my RPG thread and I am terrible at the game but I really want to finish my first Soulsborne game this year.

Anyone wanting to join in?

Planed to work on the from soft games this year. Might as well start with bloodborne since it's the one I played the least (screw that loading times at release). 

So you could count me in :D

• Like 1

On 21/03/2021 at 9:05 PM, Aviditas90 said:

Planed to work on the from soft games this year. Might as well start with bloodborne since it's the one I played the least (screw that loading times at release). 

So you could count me in :D

Just started to play bloodborne again after a few years. Would love to join if anyone is interested? I never finished the game, but i would like to challenge myself once in a while. Last time i played i got to Micolash. 

On 16/03/2021 at 0:51 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

@bruin-rocks @JayDeLosDioses @Crispy_Oglop I see that we all have Bloodborne in our backlogs. Would you agree to friendly wager to try and get this Monster off our list this year? I'm trying it for my RPG thread and I am terrible at the game but I really want to finish my first Soulsborne game this year.

Anyone wanting to join in?

Is this a general offer? :)

If so, i would like to join in. 

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 2:50 AM, bruin-rocks said:
Sc4c134.png
All 31 Trophies
18th March 2021 • Platinum in 7 years, 4 months

Another game done for March, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate(Vita). I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. Not sure why I never really got into it 7 years ago. It’s a 2.5D Beat’Em Up, the fighting system is a little similar to the PS3 Batman games, albeit dumbed down a bit. It’s a pretty short jaunt through Arkham Asylum, but any longer it would start to drag. There are seven boss fights throughout the game, and they all require a different strategy to beat them, utilizing certain items to benefit you in the fights. The Asylum is full of small nooks that you can open up after finding the right items, they usually lead to collectibles or shortcuts. All in all it was an interesting game, I’m glad to of cleared it from my list! 

Dude, I need to get back into it, the Batman games are one of the only series I want to have all completed in my backlog. 3 playthroughs is a bit much though...

@JayDeLosDioses @Aviditas90 @roxas1233 @Crispy_Oglop Seems like we have a friendly challenge going on :) I really look forward to getting through the game. I tried playing it again this morning and realised I can't remember the controls and parrying. So, I may need to start again...

Add me on PSN, I'll need all the help I can get...

• Like 2

I had a beast of a workday so didn't feel too much like getting into anything intense gaming-wise. I decided to knock out the DLC trophies for Firewatch, turns out a walking sim was exactly what I needed tonight!

Spoiler
  • Hand of Fate > COMPLETE [First trophy - 19 Feb 2015]
  • Rogue Galaxy > COMPLETE [First trophy - 25 Dec 2015]
  • Yakuza 5 Remaster > COMPLETE  [First trophy - 17th Mar 2020]
  • Observation > COMPLETE [First trophy - 29th Apr 2020]
  • Thimbleweed Park > COMPLETE  [First trophy - 25th Aug 2017]
  • Nioh > IN PROGRESS [First trophy - 13th Aug 2020]
  • Firewatch > COMPLETE [First trophy - 6th Mar 2016]
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain [First trophy - 5 Sep 2015]
  • Bloodborne [First trophy - 12 Jan 2016]
  • Dark Cloud 2 [First trophy - 13 Feb 2016]
  • Digimon Story: Cybersleuth [First trophy - 17 Feb 2016]
  • Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition [First trophy - 28 Mar 2016]
  • Tearaway Unfolded [First trophy - 2 Apr 2016]
  • Dark Souls 3 [First trophy - 13 Apr 2016]
  • Just Cause 3 [First trophy - 19 Jun 2016]
  • Divinity: Original Sin [First trophy - 14 Aug 2016]
  • Beyond: Two Souls [First trophy - 16 May 2017]
  • The Evil Within [First trophy - 9th Sept 2017]

2 hours ago, roxas1233 said:

After going over it for while this seems like a nice way to get through some of the games i never picked up again after playing them for a while. Either where i just gave up or lost interest. 

I went over all my games and i created my backlog which i am actually quite excited about. 

Reveal hidden contents
  • Yakuza zero - July 2018
  • Person 5 - August 2017
  • Borderlands 3 - September 2019
  • Sekiro - March 2019
  • Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage - November 2018
  • Batman Arkham Knight - November 2019
  • Bloodborne - March 2016 
  • Mad Max - April 2018
  • Rage 2 - June 2019

Quick question: Do i have to have trophy on my games before i can play it in this challenge? 

Nice list @roxas1233! Good choice with Yakuza 0! One of my favourite of the franchise, but i'm biased as i'm a self-confessed fanboy for the series. I'm not sure about whether games need to have a trophy already to be eligible - maybe @Gretchen27 can answer that.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

On 3/24/2021 at 0:32 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Dude, I need to get back into it, the Batman games are one of the only series I want to have all completed in my backlog. 3 playthroughs is a bit much though...

My first playthrough where I got all Detective Clues, and as many Batsuits as I could took me about 4.5 hours, by second playthrough took 1 hour and 34 minutes, and my Third one I had to go back and collect all the upgrades, but even with that my 3rd playthrough was 2 hours 2 minutes. I did all this without the use of a guide as well, so I got stumped in a few spots, and took a bit to figure those out. So all in all I think this platinum is doable in 8-12 hours. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roxas1233 said:

Quick question: Do i have to have trophy on my games before i can play it in this challenge? 

Have a nice day all of you. Looking forward to see what is going to happen here :)

You need t have at least 1 trophy with a timestamp thats at least 6 months ago for a game to be nominatable. TO count it you need to ether finish the store, get platinum, get all still achieveable trophies, or finish dlc. With the dlc the rules are a bit bendable how much you need to finish. alot people do the "all dlc done" thing but in some cases just 1 dlc can be enough or all but 1 dlc or something like that.  i guess some reasoning for the desicion to count it would be nice in that case but thats just my opinion.

• Like 4