“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

I'm trying so hard to get Knack done before the end of this month but it's so annoying with how RNG the crystals are, I think after this month I might reduce myself to 1 backlog game a month as I have so many new games to play that I just haven't touched yet like Guardians of the Galaxy and many others.

• Like 1

I was hoping to finish AC Valhalla in November but spend too much time on Vanguard, Fifa 22 and F1 2021 (got them all 100% but none of them where 6 months old platinums). 

Have the Wrath of the druids DLC and the tomb challenges done and currently working on the siege of Paris and then only the challenge are left. 

I'm just gonna enter the Wrath of the druids DLC as my November game since it took somewhere around 15 hours to complete the DLC. 

Edited by IGUnique

2 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

I’m still around but still busy with a focus on newer stuff. I am going to try my hardest to get something off the list to end the year. Even if that something is DLC…

Every little bit helps... starting new games is the bane of my existence.... and why my backlog seems to grow every week..... damn sales, lol

@Gretchen27 thanks for some of the suggestions.  I've been thinking about some of these/downloaded several.

Borderlands 2: I've been thinking about this one actually.  Once I get some more free space on my PS3 I think I'll slap it on there.  Glad to here the session community here is so good.

GTA V: I just picked this up again a couple months back at used book store up the street so I guess now is the time.  I have a hard time getting into Rockstar games in general but I think this would be a good time to tackle this one.

Resonance of Fate: Gah, this one.  I tried it again over the summer and had to wipe my HDD.  Thankfully I wasn't super far into it before it happened.

Grim Fandango: downloaded this bad boy this morning before work, per your suggestion : D

Welcome Park: I'll have to give this a shot.  It's been years since I tried it so god only know its probably way less involved than I remember.

Freedom Wars: actually downloaded this one once I heard the servers were going down to work on at least those 3 before the end of the month.

Adventures of Mana: Ima be honest, I genuinely don't like this game.  I briefly got into it last summer and got stuck, but everytime I go back, I try to back track and end of hating it during the grind.  I may get back into it at some point, but for now I don't see it happening any time soon.

Persona 4 Golden:  I thoroughly enjoy this game.  I'm about 30 hours in and I think I'm doing pretty good in terms of avoiding missables.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zbir_Vladimir said:

There are couple I did in October but for reasons I don't know I haven't updated.

Should I add them somewhere or just leave them behind and keep going?

List them out here in a post with the usual game & completion time. I'll add them in next update. 

1 hour ago, willythom88 said:

GTA V: I just picked this up again a couple months back at used book store up the street so I guess now is the time. 

This sentence is perplexingly funny. 

I hope you get the chance to clean up a good chunk of the online, & maybe grow to like this one. 

For Welcome Park: I used a guide's suggestion to write out numbers on a piece of paper for the puzzle photograph. It takes a few tries, but you can knock those out. 

Enjoy Grim Fandango! I look forward to seeing those first completions. 

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

This sentence is perplexingly funny. 

I hope you get the chance to clean up a good chunk of the online, & maybe grow to like this one. 

For Welcome Park: I used a guide's suggestion to write out numbers on a piece of paper for the puzzle photograph. It takes a few tries, but you can knock those out. 

Enjoy Grim Fandango! I look forward to seeing those first completions. 

Lol that's fair.  My sister has been trying to get me to play through it for awhile now, so I guess I should've elaborated.  Seems like a perfect storm of stuff, her mentioning it, joining this event and the servers closing down.

I brought my vita to work for down time and definitely forgot how annoying that sliding stuff is.  Thank for you for the hint I'll have to give that a shot.

I think I will commit to a couple.  I'm going to be joining the Ultra Rare Cleanup next year so I'm going to include a couple of those as well so I'm effectively multi-tasking.  Also gonna sneak some in here and there.

Vita: 

Person 4 Golden

Welcome Park

Freedom War

PS3:

Grand Theft Auto 5

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Puzzle Dimension

PS4:

Grim Fandango

The Alto Collection

Edited by willythom88

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

List them out here in a post with the usual game & completion time. I'll add them in next update. 

Cool, thanks a lot!

Sd02184.png
All 51 Trophies
5th August 2021  Platinum in 4 years, 1 month

S0a0349.png
All 56 Trophies
22nd October 2021  Completed in 3 years, 1 week

S2409df.png
All 79 Trophies
27th October 2021  Completed in 4 years, 6 months

Sdbe9f6.png
All 50 Trophies
31st October 2021  Platinum in 3 years, 5 months

• Like 4

So a combination of health issues, and an obsession with Dead by Daylight took me away from this for some time. Can I be added back to the active list please @Gretchen27?

Finally mopped up all the miscellaneous trophies for UC4, and finished up the trophy list with the speedrun. Imo, this game does not benefit from a speedrun trophy You can't watch the cutscenes, so it ends up being a very odd experience. Might return to get the final two DLC trophies at some point, but I'm done for now. I'll go and fill out the form.

S45fc98.png
 66 of 68 Trophies
 28th November 2021  Platinum in 5 years, 6 months

Next on the list is Uncharted Drake's Fortune Remastered. I've only got one trophy left for the plat, to play through on Crushing. Hopefully it won't be too painful! After that, I'll have all the Uncharted plats apart from Golden Abyss.

• Like 4