“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

We’ve arrived at the last month of the year! I know most of us will be busy with new titles this month, but don’t forget it’s still a great opportunity to cross off a few more backlog games (& most importantly clear some space for those new games). Personally, I’ll be going for a 2 game month to finish Nihilumbra & Harvest Moon.

Best of luck with your own goals!

Monthly Summary:

November

Games Completed by Participant:

AUSTRALIANDJ: 2 games

BillyHorrible: 1 game

bodigard: 1 game 

Crimson Idol: 2 games

Myu: 1 game

Vermachtnis: 1 game

vin_rob: 1 game

Total: 9 games (-6)

Oldest Game Completed: Diablo III [5 years, 2 months] bodigard

Rarest Platinum: Grid Autosport (2.28%) Crimson Idol

Rarest 100%: Hitman (2.30%) BillyHorrible

@Ilzaki

Can’t say I’m mad about the lie. A game is a game ? Digimon can be a quick & easy game to finish some other month.

@AUSTRALIANDJ

No worries, looks like you more than made up for October in November.

That’s a tough break about the Watch Dogs save file. Being one away from done, I don’t think I’d have the patience to visit the game again. I see you have both games 100% completed now, so congrats :D

Multiplayer can take a lot of commitment & planning, glad you had some good friends to make the journey easier & probably more fun.

@bodigard

I had to read that number again. :platinum: #600? That’s phenomenal! Congrats on the huge milestone.

@bruin-rocks

Good luck with your games. I can’t speak for two of them, but don’t let the bounties in Uncharted drive you crazy ?

@Crimson Idol

Crossing off a game early in the month, very nice!

Next stop: I see what you did there ?  Looks like it will be a 2 game month for you again.

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 1

And it's done. :dance:

mfPuBBQ.png

Driver: San Francisco is finished and is now officially part of my milestones with being plat #200. A small excerpt from my final summary for KYC #2:

On 30.11.2016 at 11:07 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Game #2: Driver San Francisco (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3)
Playing time: ~22 hours (time slot: 9 hours)
Trophies earned: 32 / 51 (time slot: 17 / 51)
Completion/Rank: 61%, A (time slot: 24%, C)
Final summary: The story is over the top and good for what it wants to be. The gameplay itself was super fun and I'm excited to return to this game. I at least want to try to get everything done and might go for the plat if the multiplayer-modes I still have to play are fun.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/42368-kill-your-completion-againfinished/?do=findComment&comment=1180934

Yeah, I surely was excited if I neglected the game for about two years. :spank:

No matter what, the things I wrote about it still hold true. The story was enjoyable when I played it, there's a vast selection of cars to choose from like the typical super cars , normal muscle cars or different trucks. And then there's a bunch of good fitting songs as OST. Not to forget that the ability to shift into different cars is hilarious as this gives you the option to hear different dialogs from time to time when the co-driver interacts with you. Doing the rest of the singleplayer was quite easy as there were barely any things left to do (and luckily there's no requirement to do all challenges as some are a PITA). The only "annoying" thing was the multiplayer-portion as I still had to fulfill nearly all requirements for the trophies but most of them could be self-boosted with a second PS3.

I hope, that the studio behind the Driver-series will get the possibility to release another entry in the near future. Or Ubisoft could at least release a remaster.

For now I will put my focus on Ride 3 and the Hatoful-VNs which I still plan to do for the Vita-anniversary, so the backlog will have to wait a bit longer.

December 2018: Knowledge is Power [19th January 2018, Plat], Driver: San Francisco [4th November 2016, Plat]

• Like 2

On 12/4/2018 at 3:42 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Still working on Child of Light from the backlog.

Good choice, looking forward to seeing it crossed off your list.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, Crimson Idol said:

And it's done. :dance:

mfPuBBQ.png

Yay! Congratulations on Plat #200 & on completing the Spyro trilogy :yay:

After seeing the CTR remaster trailer I’m in the mood for a racing game so I hope Driver does get a remaster or new game as well. I'd try it. 

On 12/6/2018 at 10:53 AM, xEl_Cidx said:

Another game off the backlog - goal achieved:

88db6740.png

(PS3) Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – First Trophy: Oct 21, 2014 (42/51 – 86% Base Game) Goal: 100% on Base Game

Nice work :D Those challenges take a lot of work.

4 hours ago, vin_rob said:

last month I "finished" guns up.. There is 1 trophy in a DLC i can't get since i need to beat 3 friends no friend is playing that game lol..  

Awesome! Updated for last month. Maybe keep an eye on the boosting sessions? It’s an older game but 3 “friends” shouldn’t be too hard to gather.

• Like 2

First game completed:   Hitman: Absolution :platinum:  

First trophy earned: 21 Jul 2017 

Last trophy earned: 10 Dec 2018

Time to Completion: 1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks

I know you've got me down for starting the event in Feb 2017 when the first incarnation was running but I'd say just start me at November 2018 when I actually started looking at these titles more closely.  Not sure which one I'm going to work on next but I told myself no new starts during December, just hitting backlog.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 2

I had seen this event around for some time but never really payed attention to it. So as I was talking with @Dr_Mayus tonight about backlog games he pointed me towards this event. Like many others I have a lot of games 6 months and older were I earned my first trophy in it.

So I am considering joining this event in January. I kind of have the rest of this month planned out but next year I would like to make a dent into some of the games I have started and not finished. I will be going for Plats/100% games I haven't finished trophy wise.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, bruin-rocks said:

I am making progress on Tomb Raider, just working my way to level 60 in the online, it is mind numbingly boring. 

I remember going for that with my boosting partner and actually falling asleep doing it. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 9:03 PM, Kevvik said:

First game completed:   Hitman: Absolution :platinum:  

I know you've got me down for starting the event in Feb 2017 when the first incarnation was running but I'd say just start me at November 2018 when I actually started looking at these titles more closely.  Not sure which one I'm going to work on next but I told myself no new starts during December, just hitting backlog.

Congrats on completing your first backlog game for this event! Updated. 

On 12/15/2018 at 9:32 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Tomb Raider platinum is done. I love the stories for these games. But getting to level 60 in online was brutal. Forst trophy January 2014, final Trophy December 2018, platinum in 4 years 10 months. 

Max level requirements are kind of redundant when you can finish everything before then. The online grind is over & you're left with an awesome plat :D

On 12/16/2018 at 9:26 PM, snakebit10 said:

I had seen this event around for some time but never really payed attention to it. So as I was talking with @Dr_Mayus tonight about backlog games he pointed me towards this event. Like many others I have a lot of games 6 months and older were I earned my first trophy in it.

So I am considering joining this event in January. I kind of have the rest of this month planned out but next year I would like to make a dent into some of the games I have started and not finished. I will be going for Plats/100% games I haven't finished trophy wise.

Hi & (early?) Welcome :wave:

150+ unfinished games gives you plenty to jump back into (hopefully) enjoyable games that deserve another playthrough. Whenever you're set to join post your backlog list &/or what you plan to start working on. You don't need to be engaged in the event every month (as everyone tackles their respective backlogs at their own pace), just drop in once in awhile & let us know how it's going. 

Look forward to seeing your progress in the coming year!

23 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

I platted Secret of Mana earlier this month.  9 Months and 2 Weeks.

Very nice! Got you updated. 

6 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Hi & (early?) Welcome :wave:

150+ unfinished games gives you plenty to jump back into (hopefully) enjoyable games that deserve another playthrough. Whenever you're set to join post your backlog list &/or what you plan to start working on. You don't need to be engaged in the event every month (as everyone tackles their respective backlogs at their own pace), just drop in once in awhile & let us know how it's going. 

Look forward to seeing your progress in the coming year!

Thank you and I will. Unfortunately I don't own every game I haven't finished. I do have plenty of them and I'll be sure to post the ones I want to focus on. 

• Like 2

Nihilumbra completed [1 year, 10 months] A nice puzzle platformer that in theory (seeing as it was originally released as an app game) shouldn't end up taking so long to finish. Then again, there's void mode to consider...The key to getting through void mode relies on planning with your elements to chain effects for screens ahead. Like having a large platform to jump over but a good height to increase your jump is 2 screens back from the platform. It could be very strict at times with timing & element restrictions. I had to look up challenging parts more times then I'd like to admit. Still the normal mode is worth a play if you enjoy games like Hue.

Harvest Moon will be staying in my backlog for the foreseeable future. That cow 'nice ' scene refuses to appear. You win this round HM :shakefist:

• Like 3

So I finished the main story for Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (the 4th game I got trophies on, started back in 2010). Hopefully, I'll have the plat done early in the new year.  

Also so got a couple of trophies on Color Guardians but all it really did was remind me why I never went back to it earlier.

Got a bunch of games eagerly waiting for me to start on January 1st but we'll keep working on the backlog while we go.

An early Happy New Year to everyone. Keep on grinding!

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 3

An unexpected completion to report:

Just finished the second DLC for the original Guacamelee! 

srWXseS.png

Decided to give the original version another try as there were only a few Infierno challenges left and it went surprisingly fast, although the controls felt a bit less responsive than in Guacamelee! 2 and losing the combo once you get hit was kinda unexpected as the second installment has an ability that allows you to take at least three hits before the combo breaks. Therefor all combo-related challenges were a bit more challenging than the ones of the Proving Grounds DLC for G2, but overall it was still doable.

I guess this will be the last backlog game I will finish this year. Here's to a more productive 2019. :dance: 

December 2018: Knowledge is Power [19th January 2018, Plat], Driver: San Francisco [4th November 2016, Plat], Guacamelee! [10th April 2018, 100%]

• Like 2

It is January 1st 2019 . I want to officially join up now.

Here is a list of games that has been in my back log that I intend on working on and hopefully plat/100% this year. They won't be in any particular order or does the order I list them mean the order I will work on them.

Games that I would like to platinum this year.

1. Dreamfall Chapters. first trophy June 18, 2018

2. Borderlands 2. First Trophy April 19, 2015

3. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. First trophy August 8, 2016

4. Ratchet and Clank 2. First Trophy August 9, 2017

5. Lego The Lord of the Rings. First Trophy April 14, 2018

6. Assassin's Creed Rogue. First Trophy May 17, 2017

7. Need For Speed Rivals. First Trophy January 17, 2015

8. Unravel. First Trophy May 13, 2016

9. Mass Effect 3. First Trophy March 6th 2012

10. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. First trophy February 13, 2011

11. Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. First Trophy December 28 2010

12. Bridge Constructor Portal. First Trophy March 2, 2018

This would give me one a month. There are several other games I could see my self finishing this year and some PSN titles I'd like to go back and get the 100% in. So if I can stick with my plan here it would make a decent dent into my back log. I'll keep the community up to date on my progress.

I'll mention when I start on my first back log game in my list and i'll make mention of my progress. My plan is to work towards one game a month and do a little of it several times a week. 

• Like 1

Woke early this morning and knocked off a game for January.

Platinum completed: Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time :platinum:

First trophy: 27 Jan 2010

Last trophy: 1 Jan 2019

Time to completion: 8 years, 11 months, 1 week

The 4th game I got a trophy on and long overdue for my return to get it to completion.

• Like 2

Monthly Summary:

December

Games Completed by Participant:

bodigard: 1 game 

bruin-rocks: 1 game

Crimson Idol: 3 games

Gretchen27: 1 game

Kevvik: 1 game

Total: 7 games (-2)

Oldest Game Completed: Guacamelee [5 years, 8 months] Crimson Idol

Rarest Platinum: Knowledge is Power (1.60%) Crimson Idol

Rarest 100%: Nihilumbra (6.33%) Gretchen27

@Myu

No worries lots of us are in the event. You’ll just have a nice chunk of games to report come February.

@Crimson Idol
A 3 game month! That’s a strong end to the year.

@snakebit10

Welcome (officially) aboard! Got you added in, one game a month is a well-paced goal. Best of luck

@Kevvik

The first game of the year!

2018 Summary

Thanks for your patience everyone. I know the monthly summary is being posted later than usual, this took a bit longer to get ready then I thought it would (& of course holidays put things on the back burner). But I wanted to have a post to highlight everyone’s year. Overall: 17 active members completed 124 games!

Under your username you’ll find your Year Total, Longest Streak (LS), & Most Productive Month (MPM). Then from top-down is your Oldest Game, Rarest Platinum, & Rarest 100% completed. If of course you completed the criteria for those sections. If your profile is hidden then I had to guess (& if you find an error do let me know).

Throughout the week I’ll be updating everyone’s rank, doing an active check, & fixing up the OP. I’ll post when I’m done; but you can still post about updates or progress in the meantime.

Happy 2019!

Spoiler

AUSTRALIANDJ

7 games

MPM: September (5 games completed)

Le31f85.png   

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [2 years, 3 months]

1L61febd.png

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (12.09%)

BillyHorrible

12 games

LS: September - November [3 months]

MPM: August & October (3 games completed)

L6a0cd0.png

Rayman Legends [3 years, 9 months]

1L0d6b66.png

Rayman Legends (7.25%)

L873cd8.png

HITMAN (2.30%)

bodigard

8 games

LS: August - December [5 months]

MPM: May (2 games completed)

Lbd00df.png

Diablo III [5 years, 2 months]

1L84a87b.png

Dragon's Crown (6.64%)

bruin-rocks

7 games

MPM: May (4 games completed)

La0009b.png

God of War [8 years, 3 months]

1L532059.png

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (5.71%)

L84938f.png

Contrast (15.22%)

Crimson Idol

11 games

LS: June - August & October - December [3 months]

MPM: December (3 games completed)

L78d059.png

Guacamelee! [5 years, 8 months]

1Lfac6f4.png

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (1.07%)

L0ac77d.png

Abzû (14.53%)

EPICRAGE

1 game

L761f4e.png

Little Nightmares [1 year, 1 month]

(3.16%)

f1-owner2011

2 games

LS: May - June [2 months]

L067bc0.png

Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time (Story) [2 years, 10 months]

FreddySM14

7 games

LS: May - August [4 months]

MPM: June/July/August (2 games completed)

L81881d.png

Assassin's Creed Revelations [4 years, 11 months]

1L942ea5.png

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (4.06%)

Gretchen27

7 games

LS: April - July [4 months]

MPM: July (2 games completed)

Lbf2689.png

Grand Theft Auto V [3 years, 10 months]

1Lb9ee30.png

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (1.31%)

L65c8ac.png

Nihilumbra (6.33%)

Kevvik 

1 game

L8be944.png

Hitman: Absolution [1 year, 4 months]

1L9e6210.png

Hitman: Absolution (10.03%)

kingofbattle8174

4 games

LS: June - August [3 months]

La18a87.png

LEGO: Marvel Superheroes [3 years, 5 months]

1L928d1f.png

Tokyo Xanadu (8.94%)

L0ac77d.png

Abzû (14.53%)

MarkusT1992

5 games

LS: September - October [2 months]

MPM: May (2 games completed)

L800d7e.png

Ratchet & Clank [2 years, 2 weeks]

1Lb4a682.png

Sword Art Online: Lost Song (13.84%)

Myu

7 games

LS: May - August [4 months]

MPM: October (2 games completed)

L485510.png

Agarest: Generation of War 2 [5 years, 6 months]

1L936b72.png

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (5.85%)

Psy-Tychist

22 games

LS: January - September [9 months]

MPM: January (5 games completed)

Lf2687f.png

Tekken 6 [8 years, 5 months]

1L38b9c7.png

Puppeteer (4.42%)

L336f40.png

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (2.76%)

Vermachtnis

4 games

LS: October - December [3 months]

Lc3b4f1.png

Peggle 2 [3 years, 6 months]

1L97d524.png

Kingdom Hearts (10.74%)

vin_rob

15 games

LS: February - June [5 months]

MPM: October (3 games completed)

L6b598c.png

Guns Up! [2 years, 11 months]

1L532059.png

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (5.71%)

L8b243e.png

Journey (7.65%)

xEl_Cidx

4 games

MPM: January (2 games completed)

Le88e3f.png

Killzone 3 [6 years, 2 months]

1L2a7804.png

Killzone: Mercenary (3.99%)

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Under your username you’ll find your Year Total, Longest Streak (LS), & Most Productive Month (MPM). Then from top-down is your Oldest Game, Rarest Platinum, & Rarest 100% completed. If of course you completed the criteria for those sections. If your profile is hidden then I had to guess (& if you find an error do let me know).

Thank you for the summary. :)

Seems like you made a mistake with the rarest plat, though. You listed It's Quiz Time for me, but I also earned the plat for Shift 2: Unleashed in 2018:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/847-need-for-speed-shift-2-unleashed/crimsonidol-de

You might have missed that as it was prior you created the thread and it was a game I added after rejoining:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Thank you for the summary. :)

Seems like you made a mistake with the rarest plat, though. You listed It's Quiz Time for me, but I also earned the plat for Shift 2: Unleashed in 2018:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/847-need-for-speed-shift-2-unleashed/crimsonidol-de

You might have missed that as it was prior you created the thread and it was a game I added after rejoining.

Darn, I did miss it :facepalm:

You're right, my spreadsheet still isn't caught up yet for everyone before I took the event over (plus rarities change over time). I did look through the lists from earlier in the year but still overlooked it. Sorry about that, it's fixed now. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Darn, I did miss it :facepalm:

You're right, my spreadsheet still isn't caught up yet for everyone before I took the event over (plus rarities change over time). I did look through the lists from earlier in the year but still overlooked it. Sorry about that, it's fixed now. 

Don't worry about it.

BTW: Just had to do a reverse image search for the dogs in your signature. It's a really neat idea to represent the characters that way. Totally fits the characters' style. Hank was probably my most favorite character from Detroit. :D 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Hank was probably my most favorite character from Detroit. :D 

Same, Connor & Hank were my favorite duo. I like grumpy detectives & clueless partners. My first playthrough didn't end the way I wanted it to for them. Spoiler free version they ended up on the roof & I aced the QTEs so I very nearly destroyed my PS4. But lucky I was able to restart & fail the last QTE. Still wasn't a great outcome, but they both lived. I was hoping I could stay neutral (guess that falls under machine) & just fail to kill Markus. 

• Like 1