“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

I have completed another game to 100% today. This time it was LittleBigPlanet 3, first trophy July 7th 2015, completion time: 3 years 9 months. 

I love all the LittleBigPlanet games. This one was terribly glitchy, but it still had all the charm of a LittleBigPlanet game, I just had to go clear up the DLC, and I have to say, it didn’t add all that much but it was well worth the $5 purchase. 

I am actually planning on getting 100% in All three main LittleBigPlanet games and the one on the PS Vita. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 1

Updated. This month sure has been busy, about a week left everyone :D

@MarkusT1992 I don’t blame you, brutal mode in U2 was the worst of the bunch IMO. But the doughnut Drake speedrun has its funny moments.

@bruin-rocks Those LBP platformers are tough, congrats on completing 3! Be careful with the one on the Vita (the creator trophy that can cause an image burn on OLED screens).

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I should actually get a completion this month. I have not beat any of my older games lately. But that streak is almost over. Yes it just a Lego game but I have let it sit incomplete since September, I worked on it some again in January but now the end is in site.

Nothing wrong with a LEGO game. So long as that trophy list background turns blue or green it's all good B)

• Like 1

Chipping away at Littlebigplanet Vita, got a few hours down on the create mode trophy, I make sure to give my Vita lots of breaks so it doesnt get the screen burn. Then I just have to collect two player prize bubbles, and finish Arcade! I’m hoping to also get my copy of LittleBigPlanet on PS3 that has the Metal Gear Solid DLC before the month is up so I can finish that 100%! 

Likely to be my last game for April. I just got the platinum trophy in LittleBigPlanet Vita. I love these games, LittleBigPlanet was my first ever platinum, and LittleBigPlanet Vita is 150, I figured it was time to revisit the series. LBP Vita also qualifies for this event, first trophy October 13th 2013, final trophy April 28th 2019, completion time 5 years 6 months 2 weeks. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 1

Turns out I had one more game in the pipe to finish. 36 Fragments of Midnight. First trophy May 8th 2018, final one April 29th 2019, completion time was 11 months 3 weeks, this game sucked. I don’t remember adding it to my trophy list but I regret doing so. Had a couple trophies to clean up and figured might as well just get it over with. This game was stupid, I wouldn’t recommend to anybody. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 1

Monthly Summary:

April

Games Completed by Participant:

bruin-rocks: 18 games

Ilzaki: 1 game

kingofbattle8174: 1 game

MarkusT1992: 1 game

REAPER4536: 2 games

xEl_Cidx: 1 game

Total: 24 games (+13)

Oldest Game Completed: Borderlands 2 PS3 [6 years, 6 months] bruin-rocks

Rarest Platinum: LittleBigPlanet Vita (2.01%) bruin-rocks

Rarest 100%: Road Not Taken (0.53%) bruin-rocks

What a month with 24 games! @bruin-rocks you stole the show this time. Also, congrats on 150 plats

Active check incoming next month for those who haven't reported in for 3+ months :stalker: Even if you haven't completed anything from the backlog, don't be afraid to drop in & say hi before then.    

@kingofbattle8174 Just in time for the month. Might I suggest trying Adventures of Mana for May? It’s simple & easily doable in a month (plus it’d count for the Let’s Play Our Vita Backlog).

@xEl_Cidx Yay, you’ve ranked up :yay: I noticed you’ve been completing games on the PS3, don’t forget about ones from your other systems.

@Ilzaki No worries, I hope you enjoy getting back into Ni No Kuni. If it’s been a while, probably best just to start a brand new playthrough anyway. 

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 1

I am hoping to platinum just one single game this month and that is Injustice 2, I have been grinding multiverse towers to work towards getting the unlocks for Catwomans legendary multiverse, then I can have a good chance to get Cat Call. I got the Platinum in Mortal Kombat 11 last week made it into the top 50 fastest achievers list for it. Injustice 2 felt like a good follow up. 

@bruin-rocks You killed it last month, good stuff on clearing the cobwebs out. I do agree with your assessment of 36 Fragments of Midnight, but cheap easy games are becoming more prevalent.

I've been working on several games on and off (Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, Batman: Arkham Knight) but have finally finished Yesterday Origins (1 year, 2 weeks) and Adam's Venture: Origins (5 months, 3 weeks). I know Adam's Venture: Origins doesn't count, but I couldn't understand why I never finished a 4 hour game when I started it nearly 6 months ago.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

I've been working on several games on and off (Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, Batman: Arkham Knight) but have finally finished Yesterday Origins (1 year, 2 weeks) and Adam's Venture: Origins (5 months, 3 weeks). I know Adam's Venture: Origins doesn't count, but I couldn't understand why I never finished a 4 hour game when I started it nearly 6 months ago.

Guess Adam's Venture just didn't hold your interest at the time. I'm just surprised you didn't have an update for April to ruin my summary ;) 

Best of luck with Batman. The AR Batmobile challenges are doable with some practice, but the combat challenges are tough.

2 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Minecraft PS4 Edition 100% first trophy April 15th 2015, final trophy May 13th 2019, completion time 4 years 3 weeks. 

Congrats! That was a huge trophy list to work through, even casually. I wonder if they'll add more trophies down the line. 

@Gretchen27 if they do add more trophies, and I get the 100% again, does that count as another game complete? If not I wont worry about continuing to update it in here everytime new trophies come. The update to Minecraft this time didnt have all items and stuff that was included on the Xbox, so hopefully they put out the rest of the stuff with some new trophies! 

5 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

@Gretchen27 if they do add more trophies, and I get the 100% again, does that count as another game complete? If not I wont worry about continuing to update it in here everytime new trophies come. The update to Minecraft this time didnt have all items and stuff that was included on the Xbox, so hopefully they put out the rest of the stuff with some new trophies! 

It'd still count for completion. A similar situation has come up for Rocket League before. I think then I said I'd add it into the rules section, but never got around to it. I'll try to remember the next time I update. 

Is it still possible to get into this challenge? I could use some motivation to revisit some games that I have been sitting on the platinum for (some for over 10 years! Some unobtainable) Also, with no end date, I could handle this at my leisure.

23 minutes ago, Fnee2000 said:

Is it still possible to get into this challenge? I could use some motivation to revisit some games that I have been sitting on the platinum for (some for over 10 years! Some unobtainable) Also, with no end date, I could handle this at my leisure.

Of course, signups are always open. Since it's not a competition everyone completes games at their own pace. So you don't have to be super active posting here. But it might help motivate you & others. & feel free to make a list of eligible games for your section (not required though).

If you haven't already, make you read through the rules. Any questions just ask. 

Welcome aboard! I hope you get to knock out a bunch of old games :D

Alright, count me in. Now, where to begin...

Bioshock PS3 - first trophy Feb. 20, 2009

Resident Evil 5 PS3 - first trophy April 2, 2009

Resident Evil 6 PS3 - first trophy Oct. 4, 2012

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation PSV - first trophy Oct. 31, 2012

Puppeteer PS3 - first trophy Sep. 11, 2013

Lego Legends of Chima PSV - first trophy June 30, 2013

South Park Stick of Truth PS3 - first trophy March 6, 2014

Lego Batman 3 PS4 - first trophy Feb. 19, 2015

Persona 4 Dancing All Night PSV - first trophy Jan. 20, 2016

Lego The Hobbit PS4 - first trophy Feb. 1, 2016

Broken Age PS4 - first trophy Aug. 22, 2016

Far Cry Primal PS4 - first trophy March 13, 2017

WRC 5 PS4 - first trophy July 31, 2017

Ok, this seems like a good list to start with and add to later once I start to clear things off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fnee2000 said:

Alright, count me in. Now, where to begin...

Bioshock PS3 - first trophy Feb. 20, 2009

Resident Evil 5 PS3 - first trophy April 2, 2009

Resident Evil 6 PS3 - first trophy Oct. 4, 2012

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation PSV - first trophy Oct. 31, 2012

Puppeteer PS3 - first trophy Sep. 11, 2013

Lego Legends of Chima PSV - first trophy June 30, 2013

South Park Stick of Truth PS3 - first trophy March 6, 2014

Lego Batman 3 PS4 - first trophy Feb. 19, 2015

Persona 4 Dancing All Night PSV - first trophy Jan. 20, 2016

Lego The Hobbit PS4 - first trophy Feb. 1, 2016

Broken Age PS4 - first trophy Aug. 22, 2016

Far Cry Primal PS4 - first trophy March 13, 2017

WRC 5 PS4 - first trophy July 31, 2017

Ok, this seems like a good list to start with and add to later once I start to clear things off.

I don't know about the other games but Persona 4 DAN is a pretty quick plat once you get into it if you want to start with something that is not too difficult to complete. :)

@Fnee2000 Perfect! Added in your section with the list. Personally, I'd start with the long or difficult games first & then when that got tedious switch to something easy. But your list looks like it has some pretty fun stuff in it, so you could start anywhere without worrying about getting bored. I will say Legends of Chima was the quickest LEGO game I've played & Batman 3 (played it on Vita though) is one of my favs from the series.