“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

I'm actually going to toss a few more on my list so I don't forget about them. A few PS3 games that I noticed that I still have, that I started a long while ago, but haven't moved on in ages and look fairly easy to finish up...

Eat Lead PS3 - first trophy July 15, 2009

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes PS3 - first trophy Nov. 25, 2012

Going to try to start something this week. I am leaning toward Resident Evil 5, I am fairly far along on the Plat. I thought I had my save file when I originally posted this, but it appears I do not. So, I will have to start over ☹️ Oh well, I didn’t hate RE5 as much as others did. Just not sure if I want to deal with versus mode DLC, was never really into it. May just try for the Plat and see how I feel about the DLC.

Edited by Fnee2000
No save file ?

@Fnee2000 New games added. 

That sucks about the RE save file. At least it's not discouraging you from returning to it. A game from 10 years ago is unlikely to still have a large online community to play with though. You'd likely have to boost the DLC with others. It might not be bad at all with a dedicated partner. At least the base game doesn't require multiplayer. Best of luck going for the plat ?

Been working on Injustice 2 now for what feels like centuries. I have 110/196 abilities and still no Cat Call, last darn trophy I need but the ability won’t drop from boxes or random ability towers. But it has to happen eventually, hopefully before the end of the week, would really like to add a platinum finish for the month, Minecraft just isnt enough! 

@AUSTRALIANDJ How is AC: Brotherhood going so far? Are you down to the nitty gritty grind in Final Fantasy X or is it being a pain in the ass?

@bruin-rocks Do you enjoy the Telltale games? Guardians of the Galaxy and Wolf Among Us are good stories, Wolf Among Us is definitely worth playing through. Murdered: Soul Suspect is also very easy to get through, mostly interesting story but the collectibles are a little bit of a pain.

@Fnee2000 Have you had issues with Sound Shapes, I know the Death Modes are a pain, but once you get the rhythm down, you can get all the stacks done in a day :) Also HZD is my favourite game from 2017, it's definitely worth another look.

@kingofbattle8174 I'll ask the same as I did to Fnee2000, did you enjoy HZD at all? Also, Morgan Freeman is the toughest part of South Park: TFBW and is a great satire story about superheroes.

@Myu You nearly finished Color Guardians, i know I had problems with the rhythm aspect, but you should be able to knock this out in a couple hours.

@Psy-Tychist

It is a great game. One I do plan do get back to in the future. It has some of the best graphics I think of the system, really good story and characters, a great skill system and so much side content to get distracted with. Also taking down robot animals is immensely satisfying.

I get sidetracked so easily. Especially longer games. So many to play and not enough time to 100% them all. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

@Psy-Tychist I actually just downloaded GotG the other day and I just purchased Murdered Soul Suspect about two weeks ago so I could knock that out, it’s like you were reading my mind on my next games, hahaha. As for Telltale I love them, I’ve only had a few bad experiences, but I think they just started forking out too many games, I will miss them lots though. 

@Gretchen27 I achieved platinum in Injustice 2, I got my cat call ability and got my last trophy, I’m taking a break from fighting games for now. First trophy August 30th 2017, final Trophy May 27th 2019, 1 years 8 months to platinum. I am so thankful it’s over. Now I just have to get the DLC so I can get 100%, but that can wait until next year. 

• Like 1

@Psy-Tychist thanks for the mention. As far as Sound Shapes goes, I actually did try to go at it again recently. Hard Mode was always less about rhythm and more about luck. Luck on where the little pick ups went, if they kept spawning all the way opposite of each other, that just took up too much time. It was just a frustrating aspect of that mode. Add in the fact that the cloud servers are gone, I would have to do all the levels for each system. So I said screw it and moved it to the very low priority list.

I know I may be in the minority on HZD, but it bored the ever living piss out of me. Sure, it looked nice and the enemy models were neat, but something just did not click with me. Also they added trophies for new game plus and an ultra hard difficulty making the trek to 100% even more annoying (which I loathe immensely). Maybe one day I will give it another go, but for now I have other fish I wish to fry. It is another game that is on a lower priority list.

11 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

know I may be in the minority on HZD, but it bored the ever living piss out of me. Sure, it looked nice and the enemy models were neat, but something just did not click with me. Also they added trophies for new game plus and an ultra hard difficulty making the trek to 100% even more annoying (which I loathe immensely). Maybe one day I will give it another go, but for now I have other fish I wish to fry. It is another game that is on a lower priority list.

I am with you here. I was not a fan of HZD and I really like open world games and such. I was surprised this bored me so much. 

33 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

I am with you here. I was not a fan of HZD and I really like open world games and such. I was surprised this bored me so much. 

I get the feeling that I am in the minority at the moment...

In any case, hoping to get Batman Arkham City and Uncharted finished by the end of the month.

7 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I get the feeling that I am in the minority at the moment...

In any case, hoping to get Batman Arkham City and Uncharted finished by the end of the month.

I think my big problem everytime I try to tackle HZD is, I’m always coming to it after I have cleared 2 or 3 open world games prior, always with the mindset “I’ve been having so much fun with open world games” but then I end up just burning out! I will definitely try it again though in the future, but right now Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey is my main priority now that Injustice 2 is complete! 

So, I didn’t get to much yet. Life happened and took my free time. I will be more active as I am in another completion challenge. So I should be more actively completing my backlog. I did want to add some games to my list that I have on the other challenge that are quite old.

Noby Noby Boy PS3 - first trophy Feb. 20, 2009

The Mysteries of Little Riddle PS3 - first trophy March 29, 2010

Cars 2 PS3 - first trophy March 19, 2013

Beyond : Two Souls PS3 - first trophy Oct. 10, 2013

I’ll be posting some updates real soon...

I haven't been as active in this as I have wanted. To many games and to many new ones that has had my interest but I did finish one off today that fell to 6 months some how.

Devious Dungeon.

First trophy November 30, 2018 (10:58 P.M.)

Last trophy June 1, 2019 (2:37 P.M.)

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 1

Monthly Summary:

May

Games Completed by Participant:

bruin-rocks: 2 games

kingofbattle8174: 1 game

Psy-Tychist: 1 game

Total: 4 games (-20)

Oldest Game Completed: Minecraft PS4 Edition [4 years, 3 weeks] bruin-rocks

Rarest Platinum: Injustice 2 (2.59%) bruin-rocks

Rarest 100%: None to report.

Active check for: @Aexuz @The Shopkeeper @bodigard @FreddySM14 @ItsMeZack16 @vin_rob

Haven’t seen an update from any of you since at least January. Let us know how it’s going.

@Fnee2000 Games added.

Beyond: Two Souls is another easy game to work on, maybe a chapter at a time. It’s not all that short to complete, but you’ve already done it once.

@snakebit10

That’s probably one of the closest eligible games we’ve had. Nothing wrong with the 2 games you’ve already completed, & now you’ve already got one done for this month.

Like many, I’ve been wrapped up starting newer games as well. I have been chipping away at Monster Hunter for about 2 months now. Just focusing on a smaller monster called Dodogama that I can solo in about 3 minutes. After 106 fruitless hunts, still don’t have a small gold crown for it. Even after that I still need 17 gold crowns from other monsters.

Also, I booted up Deception IV again to complete a few more missions. Now at 40/100, officially done with all the easy difficulty missions.

• Like 2

Am I still able to sign up for this event? I really need some encouragement to finish up some of my old games, especially the AC games.

My current backlog list:

PS3

AC 2 (28/51 trophies, first trophy 4th january 2012, goal is to platinum it)

Infamous (14/50 trophies first trophy 11th february 2012, goal is to platinum it)

AC relevations (5/70 trophies, first trophy 13th august 2012, goal is to platinum it)

AC 3 (31/65 trophies, first trophy 6th april 2013, goal is to get all singleplayer trophies)

AC Rogue (32/47 trophies, first trophy 23rd december 2014, goal is to platinum it)

AC black flag (43/51 trophies, first trophy 15th january 2015, goal is to get all singleplayer trophies)

Dark souls 2 (27/38 trophies first trophy 24th may 2017, goal is to platinum it)

Demon's souls (6/38 trophies, first trophy 27th june 2017, goal is to platinum it)

Far cry 3 (23/51 trophies, first trophy 20th december 2015, goal is to platinum it)

Prince of persia: warrior within (15/20 trophies, first trophy 28th january 2012, goal is to platinum it)

Prince of persia: the two thrones (13/18 trophies, first trophy 7th february 2012, goal is to platinum it)

The last of us (15/50 trophies, first trophy 1st september 2018, goal is to platinum it)

PS4

AC syndicate (32/50 trophies, first trophy 1st june 2016, goal is to platinum it)

Dark souls 3 (35/43 trophies, first trophy 12th october 2017, goal is to platinum it)

Dishonored (1/81 trophies, first trophy 17th march 2018, goal is to platinum it)

Bloodborne (31/40 trophies, first trophy 22nd may 2017, goal is to platinum it)

Nioh (22/86 trophies, first trophy 19th june 2018, goal is to platinum it)

Uncharted 3 remastered (15/59 trophies, first trophy 23rd october 2018, goal is to platinum it)

Got some more recent ones as well like far cry primal, detroit become human and horizon zero dawn but I don't think i'll be completing those anytime soon since I didn't really enjoy them enough, right now I want to focus on the games I listed.

• Like 1

@Flex_Da_Brent Of course! Welcome aboard ? 

That's quite a heavy AC list you've got there. I couldn't speak for most of them, but AC 2 & Syndicate are pretty straightforward to cross off quickly. Well, if you don't go crazy collecting all the feathers in AC 2. But you've got plenty of other action games to jump between if that happens. Best of luck with the backlog!

• Like 1