“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

16 hours ago, Nixie_Knox said:

I am sick and tired of seeing Everyone's gone to the rapture.  I am going for this POS platinum.  God why do I torture myself with lame ahh ish like this? Yet...I must..go..on. It is a torture. Why do I do this to myself?

I have that game on my list as well :P Played it a bit while I was downloading the Jak and daxter trilogy but I put it aside once that download was complete. I did actually enjoy it though, might be one of the next games I'll tackle as soon as I'm done with The last of us.

Speaking of which, I'm currently making some nice progress on the online trophies all thanks to some very helpful boosting partners. If anyone here is interested in joining one of our sessions, we play every evening around 10 pm (GMT+2) and we usually have room for 2-3 more people. Let me know if you want to join in on the action ? I'm also currently busy with my second playthrough of the game on survivor difficulty while getting all of the collectibles and I'm loving it. Might actually be the only game where I don't mind that the plat requires 3 full playthroughs ^^

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

@xEl_Cidx No worries, you're still in the active section ?

I'll be curious to see your thoughts on Amnesia: Memories (if you use it for the event, 1 month to go before it qualifies). Some of those bad endings were extreme IMO.

@Uchiha_Snake__ That's okay! Getting the Dark Souls plat is quite an accomplishment, nothing wrong with sharing it here. While they don't count for the event, at least you've keep them from becoming backlog games. 

@Flex_Da_Brent Darn, I'd still be at work during that time. Honestly, I haven't played TLoU in almost a month now & I've stupidly left it in the middle of a 100% risk mission on the last day...

But glad to hear you're liking survivor difficulty. I still remember getting stuck on certain sections, but it was very rewarding to finally get past them. Maybe we'll both clear grounded mode one day! 

@bruin-rocks Nice work! You're so close to that 50% completion mark. 

• Like 1

I should be able to get 100% in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey this month if they release the final updates on time, also hoping to get more work done on Minecraft PS3 Edition, and going to get back into Far Cry 4. That 50% completion is on the horizon I have been working at it for some time now. Started this website with only 28%. I am also looking to start some new games and try to keep Gundam Breaker from being a back log game. 

Edited by bruin-rocks

Just an update, I play those POWGI games on my Vita, I love word games like that, I try to avoid trophies while I play at work, until all I have left is trophies, so then I just finish the puzzles I need for platinum, once the Vita is done I go and speed through on PS4, and my COMPLETION RATE IS NOW 50.20%!!!!!

• Like 3

I think, looking back at the first page and not seeing anything under my "currently working on" section, I'd like to officially put my stamp on that I'm going to work on Borderlands and Monster Hunter: World (my highest percentages) as well as throwing in Little Big Planet (Oldest PS3 Game) and Mortal Kombat X (Oldest PS4 Game, good lord please help me I suck at this game) as currently working on. Borderlands is a long-play-at-a-time game and I feel like the other three are "Hey, I have a couple of hours let's knock some trophies out" games. Wish me luck everyone! 

• Like 1

Have been inactive for ages, so figure it's time to actually knock a few off...

29/4/17 Bloodbath- 1 year 1month

29/12/17 KZ: Mercenary - 6 months 3 weeks

28/1/18 The Old Blood - 2y 7m 3w

18/2/18 Wolf Among Us (vita) 2y 1m 2w

15/3/18 Jak 2 (ps3) 4y 6m 1w 

6/4/18 Jak 3 (ps3) 4y 6m 4w

5/6/18 Demetrios  8m 1w

14/6/18 Dark Arcana   11m 1w

22/8/18 Severed    1y 4w

26/10/18 Precursor Legacy (vita) 4y 9m 1w

9/1/19 Jak 3 (vita)   9m 3w

11/2/19  Jak 2 (vita) 10m 4w

24/6/19  Driveclub  3y 11m 3w

• Like 1

@Fnee2000

On a LEGO binge I see. There’s plenty of those to work on.

@bruin-rocks

:dance: Awesome! I’m glad to see you reach that 50% overall completion. The next big hurtle is the 70%, keep at it!

@Ashuri-B

Section updated.

You’ll get better at Mortal Kombat before you know it. Borderlands & Monster Hunter are great for a couple hour bursts. Don’t let the crown hunts in the latter drive you crazy though.

@damage_6-9

Welcome back ☺️

Great to see you continued to work on backlog games.

@REAPER4536

Sounds like good progress. Hopefully the co-op can be wrapped up quickly for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

On a LEGO binge I see. There’s plenty of those to work on.

Heh, kind of on a self imposed Lego binge. Doing the Gaming By Numbers event and decided to do an all Lego list. So, 10 Lego games to work on. Already have 3 of them down.

quick little update...

Finished up the multiplayer for TLOU on the Ps3, again thanks to some very productive boosting sessions. Never really liked to "cheat" my way out of trophies like that but not much else to do when most of these have become impossible to get without boosting ? Would love to see future games follow Mass effect's example of providing some harder offline counterparts for the online trophies to prevent them from becoming unavailable at some point but that's just me I guess. Also progressed my survivor playthrough a bit more up to 75% while starting to earn most of the collectible trophies at this point as well. Will just need to complete survivor + afterwards to earn the :platinum:.

Not sure what to do with the grounded mode trophies yet...Might leave them for later but I guess I'll decide on that when the time comes ;)

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

On 7/2/2019 at 6:30 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Anyone who didn’t respond to last month’s active check has been moved to the inactive section. 

Sorry about that ?

Yeah it's best to put me at inactive list since I no longer active in the forum

Thanks for everything

It's been fun ?

Good luck with your backlog games lads ?

• Like 1

Obtained the platinum for TLOU! Finished my surv and surv+ playthrough today while picking up the last collectible and upgrade trophies along the way. Conversations trophy was glitched for me unfortunately, so I had to replay some stuff to find the one that had glitched out on me. Luckily I kept track of the conversations in the statistics menu so I knew it had to be somewhere in the last chapters. Still have those grounded playthroughs ahead of me in the future but my goal for this game was to get the platinum trophy so I'm happy to cross this one off the list ^^

The Last of Us (PS3): platinum (89% complete), September 2018 - July 2019 (:platinum: in 10 months, 1 week)

[EDIT] Another game down as well... Completed AC: freedom cry today up to 100%. An overall fun and emotional experience where they managed to really create the right atmosphere imo with the characters and the soundtrack. Maybe a bit too short compared to its pricetag but that's fine since there are often discounts on it. While being basically just a standalone DLC for black flag it still manages to feel like a unique and authentic game with the complete new weaponry and with the very interesting personality of adewale, shame we didn't get to play more of his story... Oh well just happy now to be able to cross another AC game off the list :)

Assassin's creed: Freedom Cry: 100% complete, October 2018 - July 2019 (✅ in 8 months, 1 week)

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 2

@FreddySM14

No worries, we’ll be here anytime you want to be active again :wave:

@bruin-rocks

If the game was just okay & you don’t have the season pass, might be best to skip the DLC. The multiplayer boosting is probably more hassle than it's worth.

@Flex_Da_Brent

Nice! Congrats on that TLoU plat & completing a second game for the month already. I found playing AC: Freedom Cry was like a treat as well. I’d missed out on Black Flag so this standalone was my first introduction to the AC ship gameplay. Overall, it was good fun. 

• Like 1

It does not qualify for this event, but I don’t really post in any other forums. I got the platinum in Life is Strange Before the Storm and played the Bonus Episode and wanted to share with you all my experience. The amount of easter eggs and connections to Life is Strange makes this whole entire world feel legitimate. Sure a lot of the conversations were really awkward, but when I look back at my high school years I had conversations borderline on that awkwardness. The first two episodes were fantastic, it was a lot of relationship and character building, but I found the last episode became too “Sherlock Holmes” for me. But the final sequence was wonderful. I dont know if it plays out the same way for any of the decisions you make but if there are different endings I definitely had a very ideal ending. The Bonus Episode was a nice little bit of play time to cap off the season, definitely fixed the mistakes of episode 3 and made the whole journey worth it. I’m now going to go play Life is Strange on PS3, right away to see how much they connect and score another platinum along the way because as many references as I found in BTS, it’s been a long time since I played LiS on PS4. 

• Like 1

@bruin-rocks

I played Life is Strange when it came out on PS+ as well. The photo & rewind mechanics were cool features in the story. My ending choice in Life is Strange was probably in the minority. I did reload to see the other ending though. It’ll be interesting to see how you like the story arc since you’re going back to play it chronologically. It was a good game, maybe Before the Storm will appear on PS+. Sounds like they’ve only improved if you’re picking up on easter eggs from a game you haven’t played in a few years.

Just played a game called the Lost Legend of Redwall, it was a book series and tv show I loved as a kid, it was a little glitchy, and the gameplay wasn’t great but it had a strong story and character voices. Turns out I am first to platinum it on this site. 

Edited by bruin-rocks

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

@bruin-rocks I remember reading the Redwall series in elementary school. Didn't know it had a show & now a game. Congrats on being the first achiever!

@REAPER4536 It's always those last couple RNG collectables that can take the longest. I think you've got this game in the bag though with plenty of time to spare. 

Thanks :D I hope so - what about you? Just checked your profile and you have both Uncharteds and The Last of US for PS3?

On 09/07/2019 at 9:38 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Battlefield 1 is platinumed now. First trophy December 2nd 2016, platinum in 2 years 7 months. 

I enjoyed this game enough, not sure if I’m willing to do the multiplayer DLC stuff though. 

If you have someone to share the weapons for each DLC with you, go for it !

If not ... hum ... think twice about it, it takes a lot of time :D;)

@REAPER4536 Yeah, I've got a long way to go in all of them. I'm just not much into competitive modes & lately my scheduled hasn't allowed for more than Vita gaming.

TLoU: I'm on week 8 of the hunter journey. Then it's on to the firefly journey & then I'll boost for whatever is left. I'll definitely at least earn the platinum.

Uncharted 2: Can't remember, but I think I did play some of the multiplayer a few years ago. With any luck my medal progress won't have been reset. I might still have time to finish this one.

Uncharted 3: Probably a hopeless case at this point. I'll see what I can get done in the cooperative modes if there's time after the other two.