“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

Its just technically possible to get them done by now. To be honest its literally wasting time and I don't even know why I bother with UC3. Maybe because it could be my first unobtainable or maybe because I like to avoid the shut down in the meaning of a race.

Anyway with the right boosting group The last of us can be done in two long nights. So at east this 100% should be possible. This discord channel was perfect for me https://discord.gg/shpcJjG  The TLoU section in this channel was really popular with a boost each week at a certain time.
About Uncharted 2 I have heard its doable within 2 weeks of full time grinding. So yea maybe it can be done but the 2500 kills are a entire new level of wasting time. Having 2400 kills by september 4th would probably lead into a flying PS3 out of my window lol
Uncharted 3 can be done in 1 month of full time grinding. To be honest the Coop is better than expected and I am thinking about helping some people on this server https://discord.gg/dWqVtdw
with the Adventure related trophies when I am done till the servers are down. So when you are playing this game and I have time I can easily help with the fun part - the adventures.

Nevertheless happy hunting. I got luckly with University that I can boost uncharted 3, with a Job it would be no life for 3 months and thats not what I want from hunting trophies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

Anyway with the right boosting group The last of us can be done in two long nights. So at east this 100% should be possible. This discord channel was perfect for me https://discord.gg/shpcJjG  The TLoU section in this channel was really popular with a boost each week at a certain time.

Yeah TLOU can be done relatively quickly. Completing both journeys will take roughly around 16 hours, provided you constantly have 8 people boosting without any connection problems. The most frustrating thing for me personally was just that some people often couldn't join the teams or they lost connection after a couple of matches. Sometimes we just spend hours trying to connect with everyone and basically doing nothing at all, only completing around 10 games during an entire session. On some other sessions I was able to complete about 5-6 weeks in one go so it really depends.

Another frustrating thing however is that you rely heavily on rng for the "3 downs with no deaths" trophies in order to get the right map to show up. I actually strongly recommend to start boosting for those already and not to wait untill your journeys are complete @Gretchen27, cause you might add about an extra 50 games on top of the already excessive amount of 168 matches necessary to complete both journeys. Also much people aren't eager to do survivor and supply raids while boosting since it takes longer to finish them and it can make earning the 3 downs trophies for multiple people a bit more complicated compared to interrogation. So again, not recommending to leave those trophies for after the journeys since it might take some time before people are willing to play one of those gamemodes for your trophy.

[EDIT] I noticed you already have all the supply raid and survivor trophies, so basically ignore this last bit then ;) I also noticed you got a couple of the 3 downs trophies already as well, good job on that! I guess you must be actually good at the multiplayer then, I don't think I would have ever managed to get those on my own :P

I also recommend the following discord channel for TLOU: 

https://discord.gg/ZqKxzb   T

There were usually more than enough people around to keep sessions going basically all day long, so you're able to join in pretty much whenever you want. They also have servers for U2 and U3 on that channel btw, in case you want to go for those after all...

Just a few tips I guess to reduce the total time you'll have to spend on it ^^, but if you rather want to solo the journeys then by all means, go for it! It would certainly be way more satisfying than boosting them. I honestly kinda regret not attempting those journey trophies solo, but at the same time I never really cared for online trophies anyway so getting them out of the way rather quickly was a big relief. 

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

@REAPER4536 

I’d take that second option & say I’m racing the server as a matter of pride ?

I should have some time this weekend so I’ll try to finish the journeys (read: most likely one journey) in TLoU.

& I completely forgot about the 2500 kills trophy…think I had a hundred or so, now I’m really wondering if my progress was saved. Either way the co-op maps in both I found enjoyable so I’ll clean up what I can. Thank you for the discord servers, they’ll prove useful when I get around to boosting. Ultimately, I’ve just resigned myself to be happy with whatever I get done. No reason to worry about it since I enjoyed the games regardless of the multiplayer requirements.

@Flex_Da_Brent

Appreciate the suggestion, but I’m a real hardheaded “I got this” gamer. I completed Uncharted 4’s survival mode on crushing without boosting. Just my own skill & whatever randoms joined in. Nearly the same story with GTA V heists, with the exception of the last bank one. Not a strategy I’d recommend in either case.

Yeah I’ve already lucked out on a couple 3 down trophies just playing through the journeys on my own. I figured I’d get close to or finish them by the end of the two journeys. There's one interrogation map no one is playing that I'll probably have to boost or luck out on. I get what you mean about the maps, but I’d hate to be the member holding everyone up when a 100% risk mission comes up. Guess I’m too stubborn for my own good on that front.

Thanks again to both of you! Loving the motivation :D

• Like 2

Hey everyone, I’ve been playing a lot of non-backlog games recently, and I want to try getting back into some. However, I’m not sure what backlog games are worth playing(if they are in my backlog I probably had a hard time getting into them). Basically I’m asking everyone’s opinions on what games I have that I havent given an honest try. This means games below 20%, I want games that I can sink time into, but can also complete relatively quickly(within a week or two). Any suggestions are appreciated! 

26 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

Hey everyone, I’ve been playing a lot of non-backlog games recently, and I want to try getting back into some. However, I’m not sure what backlog games are worth playing(if they are in my backlog I probably had a hard time getting into them). Basically I’m asking everyone’s opinions on what games I have that I havent given an honest try. This means games below 20%, I want games that I can sink time into, but can also complete relatively quickly(within a week or two). Any suggestions are appreciated! 

The first thing I thought when I looked at your profile: Joooooooowwwww! 500 Games + Hidden trophies. So there must be something which can be 100%ed Asap.

To make it easy, I took only the games I have already played. I assume that you won't go for DLC

1. Assassins Creed Revalation HD
  2. Super Exploding Zoo - easy AF, some Online and 100%able
  3. The unfinished swan - easy AF + 1 or 2 tricky trophies and another game wich can be Done
  4. Dead Space - I mean c'mon get through the game one more time on hardest difficulty + some weapon kill trophies
  5. Metro 2033 redux - That shoudl be 100%ed already. Not to difficult ( easy) and enjoyable
  6. Maybe Rainbow six siege depends on your luck with the breaching charge

If you are not including rainbow six siege then go for the other five

If you include MP trophies then I recommend you to go for Uncharted 3

21 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Based from games I've already played/completed (not a lot sadly), I can recommend the following:

• Prince of persia: the sands of time - The very first game I've ever played on my ps3 so nostalgia might play a role for me here but it's nonetheless quite an enjoyable experience, if you're into puzzle platformers of course :P It can have downsides for some people like the repetitive combat, cringy dialogue and overall pretty bland story but I still often found myself with this urge to keep playing, wanting to know which area came next, how to solve the next puzzle etc. It's just one of those games that you'll play from start to finish without ever putting the controller down, but again, it depends if you're into this type of games of course ^^ Completing it is very easy and can be done in 1 playthrough if you follow a guide for the collectibles and other stuff, although I highly recommend to do a blind playthrough first. You'll need to play the game for over 10 hours anyway for a trophy and each playthrough takes about 5-6 hours, so that's up to you :) 
  • ICO - Platinumed this one very recently actually and I must say that it really surprised me, in a good way that is. I was a bit sceptic about it, considering how old the game actually was and yes, the age does show itself in the clunky controls and in the very basic and kinda frustrating combat, but if you manage to set that aside for a minute you'll realise there is quite a gem of a game hidden underneath. The overall setting and unique atmosphere of ICO is something you rarely ever see anymore in recent titles. The better the graphics, the more realistic and thus the less imaginative and magical a world often becomes imo. These older games just seem to have that kind of magical and pure feel to them, especially titles like ICO and shadow of the colossus. It's again one of those games where you can find yourself playing without realising how many hours have gone by. Definitely recommend to do a blind playthrough of this as well (takes about 5 hours, depending how quick you manage to solve the puzzles) and to combine all the leftover trophies during your speedrun afterwards. The 2hour speedrun trophy can be quite a pain and this is where the clunky controls and frustrating combat really become an issue unfortunately, but it's certainly managable with the help of a guide at certain points. Should be platinumable in less than a week.
  • Assassin's creed 3 - A pretty divisive entry of the AC franchise, you either hate it or you love it and I'm one of the latter but I can fully understand if you just weren't into this one. I see however that you've only completed sequence 1 and 2 so far, so I do actually recommend to play just a bit further untill a lot more features of the game start opening up, maybe you'll like the game a bit more then (or less of course ^^). Platinuming the game is something I haven't done myself (multiplayer trophies *spits in disgust*) but it shouldn't be too difficult. Might take a while though, probably around 2 weeks if you can play a lot but I'm not too sure. DLC's seem to add only around +- 10 hours in total, even though it brings more online trophies *spits*.
  • Alice: Madness returns - I see you've played this one up to the beginning of chapter 2, I'm not sure if you didn't like it or you just moved on to something else. I personally really enjoyed this game, despite its weirdness and unsettling atmosphere altough I kinda guess that that is actually what it aims to achieve. Story was a bit all over the place and I didn't really catch into it but the gameplay was just a lot of fun to me. In case you couldn't tell already, I'm a really big fan of these oldschool adventure puzzle platformers ;) Platinuming this game is fairly easy as well, considering there is an exploit to complete the game on nightmare difficulty with minimal effort, but even doing it regularly wasn't really that hard, it only took me a lot more time to complete 2 playthroughs instead of 1 of course. I didn't 100% this game (yet) but tbh I don't know if I ever will since "American McGee's Alice" (the DLC) is probably one of the worst things I've ever played,  if not the worst. So if you're only aiming for platinum trophies then I'll definitely recommend this one, not so much if you're looking to 100% everything ?
  • Dark souls - Perhaps one of my favourite games of all time, so you'll have to excuse my bias here for a moment ^^ Again not sure what exactly witheld you from continuing this one but I'll definitely recommend to give it another go, if anything try to at least reach the halfway point of the game, since this was the place where "the dark souls feeling" really clicked for me the first time. The experience of trial and error and eventually finally beating a boss is truly what makes these games so addicting. Getting the satisfaction of overcoming challenges that seemed impossible at first is one of the best feelings I've probably ever had in gaming and Dark souls is full of it. Combine this with the overall fun adventure of exploring every nook and cranny of the beautiful and interconnected world, uncovering secrets everywhere and finding pieces/hints of the deep and elaborate lore the game is based upon. The game doesn't really tell you much at first glance and you might feel a bit lost but if you dig deeper into everything, it will all begin to start making sense and you'll see how much detail the devs actually put into it. I'm sorry if I come across as an annoying fanboy here :yay: I should understand that not everyone is into the same stuff, but I guess I can't express how much I really love the dark souls/bloodborne franchise so I really recommend picking this one up again. Platinuming it can be a bit time consuming though (2,5 playthroughs) if you don't take adventage of other people dropping weapons and items for you. Even then you still have to complete the game twice of course which isn't exactly easy but with the right amount of practice and experience it won't be that hard anymore either. Should be doable between 1-2 weeks if you're able to put enough time in it.

I'll leave it to these 5 titles for now since I'm already going on for far too long :P Would love to hear your thoughts on these games since I'm interested to know why you've stopped playing them.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

Super Exploding Zoo is complete, first trophy June 2015, 4 years 1 month. As it was pointed out to me, it was really easy, and I was able to self boost the multiplayer with my Vita. 

Also thanks for the suggestions, I’m going to try and get the platinum in ICO soon too, just have to download it to my PS3. Might dive into Shadow of the Colossus as well. 

• Like 2

@bruin-rocks Some options from your backlog:

Bioshock 2 (PS4) - This version doesn't have the MP trophies, so will be a lot easier. The campaign is about 15 hours and the DLC is straightforward. You may have to do 2 playthroughs to clean up, but much easier to do than the original Bioshock or Infinite.

Dishonored (PS4)  - Takes a little bit of getting used to, but the campaign can be completed in about 10 hours or less. The Ghost and Clean Hands trophy will be the hardest, but you can manually save whenever you like to make sure you clear each area with zero kills and not being seen. The story is also top-notch.

Broken Age - Easy enough Point and Click adventure with lots of written guides to make sure you get all the trophies in one 8 hour playthrough. The last one will be a speedrun which isn't that hard, I'm just being lazy and haven't attempted it yet.

Unfinished Swan - Really short indie title, should take you 4 hours or so to complete. Most trophies are easy to get and there is a great visual and audio guide to get the Minimalist trophy (https://youtu.be/fGhecnOq9P8)

Xeodrifter - Takes about 4 hours at most, there is also a beneficial glitch for the speedrun trophy to make sure you don't have to replay the game.

All Lego Games - Takes a little while to 100% as there are lots of replaying levels, but a max of 30 hours will knock each one out. They aren't very hard either.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Nice and easy to play through if you've ever played an MGS game. You can finish the whole game on the lowest difficulty and get all the trophies. The hardest part is collecting all 64 Kerotans, but you can multi-save to make sure you don't miss any.

Guacamelee! STCE - I really enjoyed this Metroidvania style brawler but it's not for everyone. Even on Hard Mode, it isn't too bad and you can complete it blitzing the story mode only in about 4 hours.

If anyone has options for myself, glad to hear recommendations.

27 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

If anyone has options for myself, glad to hear recommendations.

Same method: Went for games we both have first to give you my personal point of view:

1. Uncharted 3: - DLCs are free so you could go for it
  2. Spec Ops the line - its a no brainer. You should have to play through the game 2 times only in order to unlock the plat
  3. Dead Space - just one play through and you get the 100%
  4. arcade game series pac man - easily doable with safe function. legit on the other hand would be a little bit harder
  5. tomb raider for ps3 - not the best choice to boost up completion but servers won't last forever so you might want to safe it now
  6. mousecraft - what can I say other than youtube guide euqals 100%
  7. super exploading zoo - same as above: with youtube its easily doable. Even without youtube that game should have been done already + Boosting with PSNP people
  8. nova-111 annoying with the no death trophy or no demage trophy ( not sure) so you might have to restart it from the skretch but even with restarting and a youtube run through, that game is easiy to complete
  9. infamous first light: That game should be complete already too. Just play the game and try to get one trophy after another or use a guide and that game is done in a couple of hours ( maybe more lol)
  10. the last of us: not sure if you play online or just completly ignor it but If you play online this game would be a great choice. Servers are closing right now and its easily doable. 2 nights of boosting and the online dlcs should be done. Then get through the left behind to get finally back to the main game, which you have to complete 2 times in total to pop everything. DLCs are as every naughtydog game on ps3 free I believe
Edited by REAPER4536

@bruin-rocks

As usual, I’m perpetually late to this party. But I’d suggest the following games we have in common:

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishment – Holmesian mysteries you could knock out in a few days. I thought Frogwares showed improvement from Testament (if you’ve tried that one).  

Ys: Memories of Celceta – I think this one’s been proposed to you for a second try before. It’s a perfect summer time RPG to dive into.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – Doable over the course of a weekend. I played it for KYC not too long ago. You can read one of my write ups for it here.

It’s really a game once you sit down & learn the map, it’s just better to finish it then.

& a couple well over that 20% mark you could knock out in a week if needed:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS4) – You’ve got one character specific kill trophy which you could farm in the area you meet Springs. If you need a quick power level I’d be happy to log on & run a couple missions with one of my characters. Then there’s the Spy Bot DLC trophy; easily farmable spot (somewhere I can’t remember) that can be looked up.

Borderlands 2 (PS3/PSV) – Captain Scarlett & Tiny Tina’s DLCs were some of my favorite in the series. You’ve probably already played them on the PS4 version so you might be able to autopop the mission trophies. They’re worth replaying from scratch though if you’re feeling a 1st person shooter vibe.

Monster Hunter: World – I’m just kidding. Don’t do that to yourself ?

I know most of these aren’t really feasible in a week, but you’ve already got plenty of games crossed off for the month.

@Psy-Tychist

Backlog games I’d recommended:

Hue – easy platformer to wrap up in a few hours.

Rainbow Moon- admittedly it’s slow to get into for the first couple hours, but maybe give it another shot. The gameplay can get addictive trying to level up to clear through the story & the artwork has a timeless quality to it.

Deadpool – simply because the game is hysterical ?

10 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:
  1. infamous first light: That game should be complete already too. Just play the game and try to get one trophy after another or use a guide and that game is done in a couple of hours ( maybe more lol)

Am I the only one who struggles with the arena challenges? 

They were annoying but not unbeatable. I think I had to do some 3-5 times and I was never far away of reaching scores. Its not anything you can to while blindfolded but with some tries its done

On 7/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Sure did... why I never completed it myself. Maybe one day I will try again. Just didn’t feel like dealing with the aggravation at the time.

Oh and I may finally have an update soon. Been working on Lego Star Wars III but it has been going S L O W L Y... Just LEGO fatigue I believe or the slow slog of the older Lego games.

Even started up Driveclub for the first since 2015 to break the monotony. Still trying to decide if I want to add it to my list as a long term goal.

Edited by Fnee2000

6 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Sure did... why I never completed it myself. Maybe one day I will try again. Just didn’t feel like dealing with the aggravation at the time.

Oh and I may finally have an update soon. Been working on Lego Star Wars III but it has been going S L O W L Y... Just LEGO fatigue I believe or the slow slog of the older Lego games.

Even started up Driveclub for the first since 2015 to break the monotony. Still trying to decide if I want to add it to my list as a long term goal.

About driveclub. I know that you probalby know that the servers are going to shut down and delisting is next month. Wether you like the game or can beat the game or not, you have the oppertunity to avoid unibatainable trophies on your account and thats at least worth a try imo

4 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

About driveclub. I know that you probalby know that the servers are going to shut down and delisting is next month. Wether you like the game or can beat the game or not, you have the oppertunity to avoid unibatainable trophies on your account and thats at least worth a try imo

Yeah, already worked on multiplayer stuff, except I had server issues with the bikes MP trophy. Had a full group going for it too the other night. My game just would not connect to the servers, which from what I was reading, has been a long running issue. The main thing left is needing to finish the 1000 miles while in a club before the end of March next year. Already own all the DLC, so no worries there.

Borderlands Presequel Platinum First Trophy April 2015, 4 years 3 months. 

Borderlands Presequel 100% complete, 4 years 3 months. 

This was my least favourite Borderlands game. Currently working on Borderlands 1 on PS4 then I will go back for DLC on the PS3 version of that and Borderlands 2 hopefully before number 3 releases! 

• Like 3

Another game done for me (on 29/07/2019):

Everybody's gone to the rapture - Platinum (100% complete), Nov 2018 - Jul 2019 (Completed in 8 months, 2 weeks)

Finally decided to pick this one up again. It's not that I didn't like it back then, I just had more interest in some other games I guess. I suppose I was in the wrong cause I ended up really enjoying this game! Biggest strenghts for me were definitely the exploration value, the graphics/evironmental design and the soundtrack. Gameplaywise there's not a whole lot to it, considering it's basically just a (very slow) walking simulator but I didn't mind something more relaxing for once when I was just enjoying the story. Doing the extra runs required for the plat on snailpace was much less enjoyable though...but luckily it doesn't really take that long after all. Definitely something I would recommend if you're okay to deal with the the slow movements and lack of any real gameplay. It's supposed to be all about the experience and I think it succeeds quite well in that regard.

I've been playing and completing some other short games lately as well like SOMA, Journey and The vanishing of ethan carter. Sadly none of them eligible towards this event but I've been really enjoying my time with them. They are kinda backlog games in a way since I already had all of them collecting virtual dust in my library for quite a while but I've recently decided to start adding all of my owned games to psnprofiles to be able to better keep track of them (RIP completion). I guess I should really slap myself though for not playing any of them a bit sooner, such good games...

Not sure which game I'm going to tackle next, maybe Iconoclasts but we'll see...

I will be able to add a couple games to my list very soon btw, so maybe I'll just wait for now untill I can start those up.

• Like 2

Wanted to give a little update. I don't count just DLCs as finished games but its at least good progress :D I have finished Overseer in uncharted and therefore my last DLC in UC3 is on 100% alld five of them :D yay so I have to go for the SP only. Maybe we need a 100% category for the monthly overview too which are Maingame + DLC - would be nice to see #HappyForUC3

• Like 1

July 2019: Dokuro [2 years, 4 months, 3 weeks] It's been a while. I was kinda tired of trying to complete games from my backlog for several months and I finally decided to tackle Dokuro a couple of weeks ago. It took a lot of retries but it's now over and I'm pretty satisfied :)

• Like 1

I could of sworn I joined this last year but don't see my name on the inactive list.  

So, the awful game I finally completed is:

Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space  (8 months on the backlog)

All I can say is, well, what a dog.  I've really got to be restrained from buying these cheap games. :facepalm:

• Like 2

After a long time I finished a game that counts for this again.

I played like 80h of Assassin's Creed Origins this month and just got the 100% in that game.

Unfortunately one of the DLC trophies glitched and I had to start NG+ to get it.

July 2019: Assassin's Creed Origins (First Trophy: 11.11.2017/1 year, 8 months)

• Like 2