“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

11 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Looking for my 200th Platinum, trying to make a decision on what I should have as my 200th.

I just recently got platinum 200 and I made it Scene It because it was a game my best friend in grade 6 showed me and I’ve loved it ever since. It doesn’t have a nice title or anything, but it’s Ultra Rare, and it holds a lot of meaning to me. I try to make all my platinum milestones have some sort of personal meaning(barring Marvel’s Spider-man platinum “Be Greater” I was just close to 125 and wanted a good platinum name and had none of my favourite games up for contest at that moment in time) and for every single one of them I can remember the platinum popping. The majority of my platinum milestones also happen to be Ultra Rare, I’m a sucker for a game that sticks in my memory and ultra rare games tend to do that for me. 

P.S. I like to try to make my milestones backlog games as well so I can chip it off on here, kill two birds with one stone. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 1

Currently working on Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. It’s been over a year since I touched it and I definitely overlooked it. Slow beginning, but I absolutely love the cutscenes, graphics, combat, the world they created, the enemies and bosses are cool(I’m sure the enemies will start to just look the same after a while), the whole atmosphere of the game is amazing, my only gripes are how slow Senua moves and the gameplay when it comes to climbing and puzzle solving, I have loved the puzzles, but maneuvering around while solving them can be a bit of a drag, climbing is slow as well. Senua gets caught on small stuff a lot too, I’m not sure if it’s scripted and she is meant to stumble and stop a lot or if I’m just stupid and keep running into walls, but it’s rather annoying. But it should be done tomorrow hopefully. 

@Fnee2000 You came into this event and you are just a steam roller, I tried really hard in 2019 to clear my backlog and completed over 50 games, so I want a friendly competition, I challenge you to complete at least one game every single month for 2020, anyone else is welcome to join but I think it would be a fun challenge for the new year. 

• Like 3

@Psy-Tychist @Fnee2000 

For 2020 I want to try to get a completion rating of 65%, and my unearned trophies below 9000 and and at least 300 completed games, I’m hoping to clear another 50 backlog games this year at least, but every now and then I get a stale month, so I may need some motivation here and there! With over 600 games played its hard for me to get that completion rating up, but it’s great for backlog completion, I have a lot of games with shut down servers or games I just don’t own or have access to, finding disc versions for PS3 can get pricey. There’s also so many new games I want to play. 

I'm in if you'll have me!

Frankly, my backlog is horrendous and there's some games i really want to focus on getting done this year as a start for my "backlog rehab".

Namely I'm determined to 100% Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim since i played a lot of it on my PS3 before it died, i bought the remastered edition back in May last year and i haven't touched it for almost 2 months.

Bioshock 2, Final Fantasy XV, Metro Exodus, Horizon Zero Dawn and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided are also on my list to finish.

• Like 1

HellBlade: Senua’s Sacrifice is complete. First trophy February 17th 2018 final trophy January 7th 2020. My first backlog game of the month, year and decade. Completion time 1 year 10 months. Rarity 33.71%. Fantastic game. Read my thoughts on it above if you’d like. I don’t want to say more in case of spoilers. 
As per @Gretchen27’s suggestion I am returning to Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment. Hopefully will finish it this week. Then before the end of the month I want to finish Life is Strange. It will end up just clocking in at 6 months. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

With over 600 games played its hard for me to get that completion rating up, but it’s great for backlog completion, I have a lot of games with shut down servers or games I just don’t own or have access to, finding disc versions for PS3 can get pricey.

A problem I have as well. I have 700 games played and a slew of older games on my backlog with shutdown servers, making the platinum unobtainable. Warhawk being a glaring eyesore that I will never be able to even shrink. I have calculated I earn about .045% completion increase per new game completed right now. Which is why I want to clean some old backlog, as that will give a better improvement to completion %. Which I set a goal for that this year to hit 80%.

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you all know that I'm still active on this event but I haven't really managed to complete anything from my backlog during the past months due to my exams. I have been trying to slip in some game time in between my study sessions but I usually don't get much further than approximately 1 hour every other day. 

I'm a slow gamer in general so it's going to take me a while to complete anything at this rate, especially considering that I have decided that I want Horizon Zero Dawn to be my 50th platinum overall. Usually not the biggest fan of open world games since they tend to feel empty and boring quite easily for me but Horizon has really surpassed my expectations so far. The variety in enemies and environment really does the trick I guess. it's just worth exploring every nook and cranny since you'll never know what you might stumble into next, something I often miss in other open worlds. On top of that, the world is just extremely beautiful to look at, I've lost count of times where I just stood on top of a rock staring over the valley below me, admiring the view.

I don't think I have Horizon on my list for this event yet, but I would like to add it (first trophy earned back in March). Last exam is due on 31st of january so I'm afraid getting the platinum will be something for february. @bruin-rocks I would love to participate in that challenge, but it seems I'm already going to fail the first month ^^

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

Feeling motivated I finished up another game from my backlog with South Park : The Stick of Truth on PS3. I forgot how horribly optimized the PS3 version was. Had a lot of frame fate issues when I changed screens and the game saved. It could also be a problem with the digital version I played with. Still a funny game and a fun game to boot. I enjoyed the simplistic approach to combat. Now on to what’s next...

South Park : The Stick of Truth (PS3) - Completed in 5 years, 10 months

• Like 4

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments completed, first trophy February 14th 2017, completion time 2 years, 10 months. Rarity 22.75%. It was fun enough, but not fun enough to do again. I liked the second, fourth, fifth and sixth missions, but I got really tired on Mission 6 and had to take a break last night. So I ended up finishing up the rest of the mission today and I loved the ending. The gameplay was glitchy at times, Sherlock wouldn’t run when I wanted him to, silly stuff, but overall it was an alright game. Recommended if you like detective type stuff. Otherwise probably steer clear. It isn’t easy enough or good enough to warrant someone playing if they aren’t interested In the genre. 

• Like 4

@Fnee2000 I'm just curious about a couple of games on your list which I think are worthwhile (easy to finish):

• Bioshock (PS3) - Great game and can be done in one playthrough if you wanted to do manual saves on the hardest difficulty. I see you got to Steinman, what made you stop?
  • RE5 (PS3) - I see you've finished the campaign once, not too much to get most of the other trophies out the way. If you need a hand, I have a complete savefile and fully upgraded kit to get through Professional difficulty and to save money for upgrading.
  • Dead Space - One of the best sci-fi horrors on Playstation, 2 playthroughs but the campaign can be finished in about 12-15 hours.
  • Limbo (PS3) - Really short platformer in which you can get 11 trophies by collectibles and finishing the game without much difficulty. It has one really annoying trophy which I have yet to get, but most of them can be got in about 2 hours.
  • Batman: Arkham City (PS3) - Do you not enjoy the Rocksteady games, or was it just started on accident? It's a great Batman game that you can sink a good 25 hours into if you want something a bit different.
  • Dantes Inferno - Plays like the old God of War games yet quite a lot easier to finish. Will take about 15 hours to finish with a guide for the collectibles and a second started playthrough for finishing upgrading.
  • Far Cry Blood Dragon - Great short spoof on 80's action with so much neon and dragons it will be a complete head trip. Can be finished in about 6-8 hours.
  • Dead Nation (PS4) - Fun yet challenging twin-stick shooter. The hardest part is the wave mode and trophies related to it. Can help out with going through the game on Grim to prepare for a Morbid playthrough.

I know that seems like a lot, but I'm curious.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Fnee2000 I'm just curious about a couple of games on your list which I think are worthwhile (easy to finish):

• Bioshock (PS3) - Great game and can be done in one playthrough if you wanted to do manual saves on the hardest difficulty. I see you got to Steinman, what made you stop?
  • RE5 (PS3) - I see you've finished the campaign once, not too much to get most of the other trophies out the way. If you need a hand, I have a complete savefile and fully upgraded kit to get through Professional difficulty and to save money for upgrading.
  • Dead Space - One of the best sci-fi horrors on Playstation, 2 playthroughs but the campaign can be finished in about 12-15 hours.
  • Limbo (PS3) - Really short platformer in which you can get 11 trophies by collectibles and finishing the game without much difficulty. It has one really annoying trophy which I have yet to get, but most of them can be got in about 2 hours.
  • Batman: Arkham City (PS3) - Do you not enjoy the Rocksteady games, or was it just started on accident? It's a great Batman game that you can sink a good 25 hours into if you want something a bit different.
  • Dantes Inferno - Plays like the old God of War games yet quite a lot easier to finish. Will take about 15 hours to finish with a guide for the collectibles and a second started playthrough for finishing upgrading.
  • Far Cry Blood Dragon - Great short spoof on 80's action with so much neon and dragons it will be a complete head trip. Can be finished in about 6-8 hours.
  • Dead Nation (PS4) - Fun yet challenging twin-stick shooter. The hardest part is the wave mode and trophies related to it. Can help out with going through the game on Grim to prepare for a Morbid playthrough.

I know that seems like a lot, but I'm curious.

All of these are on my backlog too, except Far Cry Blood Dragon, and Limbo is on Vita instead of PS3. I actually have Dante’s Inferno loaded into my PS3 at the moment. I also have BioShock downloaded and ready to go but my save was deleted. Same goes for Dead Space. Very unfortunate, but when I was younger I didn’t really understand the whole idea of saving things to the cloud or saving onto a USB stick. 

• Like 1

@bruin-rocks I have some other ones which should be quick to knock out from your list:

• Journey (PS3) - 3 easy to do trophies, one should pop up when you reload the game almost immediately. Max of a half an hour to finish the trophies.
  • Machinarium - Even if you start again, using a text guide will take you under 2 hours to do the whole game.
  • Alice: Madness Returns - Great gothic fantasy game. A bit long overall with the chapters and the collectibles aren't that bad when cleaning them up.
  • Tales of Monkey Island - Quite fun little episode and if you have all 5 episodes, it will take you no longer than 8 hours to complete with a text walkthrough. Depends if you want to do it blind.
  • Wolf Among Us (Vita) - One of the truly good worlds constructed by Telltale, the story will take about 8 hours to go through and a little backtracking for collectibles.
  • Valiant Hearts - Any reason this one hasn't been finished? Looks like you stopped about 3/4 through the story. Will take about 4 hours to do from the start to the end.
  • Xeodrifter - Simple enough 8-bit game which can be a little confusing when playing to start with. A guide for the collectibles, even after finishing the game will not take very long. Maybe 3 hours to complete it all. And a beneficial glitch to get the speedrun trophy easily.
  • South Park: SoT (PS3) - As Fnee2000 has just finished it, it is South Park through and through and a really fun RPG style game. Worth finishing and just enjoying. Remember to find all the Chinpokimon.

@Psy-Tychist it is a valid question and I do have a reason. The previous console generation, I was more of an achievement hunter on Xbox 360. I had a PS3 and would play the exclusives and some digital games that were not on Xbox. I would also play some games that I really loved, with the hope of earning the trophies for them. That is why most of the games you listed remained partially played and unfinished. They were games I loved on Xbox that I wanted to try to earn the trophies for on PS3, but got side tracked with other things. That is why a lot of my unfinished games on my list are from PS3. I was just not focused on that system at the time. I do have plans to play them again and I still own all of them. Far Cry Blood Dragon is actually on my short list to clear up in the next few months.

So, to answer your question, I do love the games you listed (save for maybe Dead Nation, not a huge fan of twin stick shooters. Even though I have played a lot, a lot remain unfinished). I just had high hopes to play through them again, but never followed through. The unfortunate thing is, a lot of them are older games, so the cloud saves were not available yet. So, I have to start them all over again. Since my original PS3 is sitting in storage back in the US. I won't be back there until later this year.

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

It's not a plat, but it is something cleared from my Himalayan backlog....

Hey, any movement of the backlog is a beautiful thing! Keep on rolling ?

Also, those are some pretty lofty goals you have there for 2020. Even loftier than what I set for myself...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Hey, any movement of the backlog is a beautiful thing! Keep on rolling 1f601.png

Also, those are some pretty lofty goals you have there for 2020. Even loftier than what I set for myself...

Thanks mate, thought I had been easy on myself.... set most of my targets lower than what I achieved last year.. (which was my best ever). Mainly set the percentage high to encourage myself to try and concentrate  on my backlog ( have over 300 E ranked games, lol).

My current crazy goal is to try and get plat 500, trophy 17,000 & PSN level 86 in one hit. ?

Edited by damage_6-9
typo