“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

12 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

@Psy-Tychist 

Awesome! First month done for all of you, that tends to be the hardest (along with Nov/Dec) for people to make backlog progress. Sounds like the Rocket League plat is nearly in the bag then.

@bruin-rocks

A very big congrats on the LBP 100%! I think you've done a couple LBP plats for this event. You must be close to having them all done. & glad to hear you were able to finish Far Cry with @Fnee2000 1f601.png

@Ilzaki

So, the marathon will be The Witcher 3, right? 1f609.png

@JayDeLosDioses

That seems like a bogus anti-coop mechanic on the devs part, at least it's behind you now. Keep chipping away at Borderlands (I know that takes some time for challenges), & HZD can always wait til you feel like jumping back in.

@MattbluePT

I remember Driveclub having quite a large list to get through. Good luck! Hopefully March leaves you plenty of time to do the online requirements. 

@damage_6-9

Plat #500...what a crazy milestone! & a backlog game to boot :yay:

@IGUnique 

Nice work polishing off Lost Legacy. Any plans for your next game? 

Currently playing MediEvil.  After that thinking about doing the Far Cry 4 DLC to get that 100% done.  The DLC has been installed for about a year now just never wanted to actually play it.

Inspired and motivated!

Best way to describe another backlog game cleared. I was first inspired to finish inFamous First Light when @Gretchen27 finished it last month. I was motivated to do it when I had an itch to play inFamous 2. Then I remembered I needed to get Last Light out of the way as well. Figured I might as well just buckle up and do it first. Well, after a few disappointing disaster of Rescue rounds, including a 499,850 run. Yes, I ran 150 short on my second run. However, I got the hang of everything. Then I just blasted through the rest of the Arena fights and challenges. Well, another one in the bag for January...

InFamous First Light (PS4) - Completed in 5 years, 4 months

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MattbluePT said:

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale :platinum: - Completed in 5 years, 3 months (25th January 2020)

Well, I've been meaning to finish this game for a while now, but I've found repeating the "story" for every single character quite boring, so I've been postponing this one. But during this weekend I've finally made my mind and I've done 9 different characters. I'm proud to say I have one more platinum and one less game in my backlog to finish.

Nice one and congrats!

This is one game that will forever loom over my backlog (twice, PS3 and Vita) since the online servers are defunct.

• Like 1

I am finally back in business and finished my first game this year, which means I am good in the every month 1 game challenge so far.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag 100% - First trophy 22nd August 2015 - Completed in 4 years, 5 months

It took me a while to get this game done but I am happy that I have one game less on my list which has online trophies in it. I went for all DLCs first and then finished up with the main Game. So the current platinum rarity is: 5.50% and the rarity for the 100% is at 1,37%.

Edited by REAPER4536
  • Like 4

I got the platinum trophy in Jak 3, first trophy March 6th 2018, final trophy January 25th 2020, rarity 38.84% completion time 1 years 10 months. 
I also got the platinum trophy in Dig Dug first trophy April 23rd 2016, final trophy January 25th 2020, rarity 28.05% completion time 3 years 9 months. 

• Like 4

I was able to knock off one more game from my backlog to round out January. A lot of broken trophies in this one. Not that you can’t get them, it just took longer than the number specified. So, unless I find something that I can blast through in one day, I will be ending January with 8 games removed from the backlog. Also close to being down below 7800 unearned trophies. A pretty good start to the year...

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (PSV) - Completed in 7 years, 3 months

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

I was able to knock off one more game from my backlog to round out January. A lot of broken trophies in this one. Not that you can’t get them, it just took longer than the number specified. So, unless I find something that I can blast through in one day, I will be ending January with 8 games removed from the backlog. Also close to being down below 7800 unearned trophies. A pretty good start to the year...

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (PSV) - Completed in 7 years, 3 months

Congrats on the 8 knocked offed games from your Backlog :D Glad to see an AC companion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

I knocked out one more game. Colour Guardians is finished. First trophy July 20th 2015, final one January 30th 2020, 4 years 6 months to complete. Rarity 22.87%. I hated this game. All I can say. 

Yeah, that game was shit. Especially that trophy to beat the final level without dying. That one took me longer than it should have.

1 hour ago, bruin-rocks said:

I knocked out one more game. Colour Guardians is finished. First trophy July 20th 2015, final one January 30th 2020, 4 years 6 months to complete. Rarity 22.87%. I hated this game. All I can say. 

I actually enjoyed Colour Guardians. Wasn't that hard to complete either.

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I actually enjoyed Colour Guardians. Wasn't that hard to complete either.

It reminded me too much of a rhythm game and I am normally terrible at rhythm games. Dyad is the only exception to that statement I made, for some reason I popped off on that game ages ago. 

January 2020 Update: Goal Achieved!

(PS3) LittleBigPlanet – First Trophy: Dec 1, 2011 (65/70 – 88%) Goal: 100% on Base Game & DLC

I was able to get a game in before this month ended.

For the final two trophies I had to start a NEW game from scratch, took me over 2 months since I had to collect all prize bubbles and ACE all levels again, so I played a little each day making progress until I was finally able to get this game completed.

Now on to the next game!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xEl_Cidx said:

January 2020 Update: Goal Achieved!

(PS3) LittleBigPlanet – First Trophy: Dec 1, 2011 (65/70 – 88%) Goal: 100% on Base Game & DLC

I was able to get a game in before this month ended.

For the final two trophies I had to start a NEW game from scratch, took me over 2 months since I had to collect all prize bubbles and ACE all levels again, so I played a little each day making progress until I was finally able to get this game completed.

Now on to the next game!

Woo! Congrats on this one, I too cleared LittleBigPlanet this month, it’s quite an accomplishment to check it off the list! Do you have LittleBigPlanet 2 by chance? If so, I’d be happy to help chip away at that one, I plan on having that platinum for February or March! 

• Like 1

Monthly Summary:

January

Games Completed by Participant:

bruin-rocks: 9 games

damage_6-9: 4 games

Fnee2000: 8 games

Gretchen27: 1 game

IGUnique: 4 games

Ilzaki: 1 game

JayDeLosDioses: 2 games

MarkusT1992: 1 game

MattbluePT: 2 games

Psy-Tychist: 3 games

REAPER4536: 1 game

xEl_Cidx: 1 game

Total: 

37 games (+29)

Oldest Game Completed: Wolfenstein 3D [10 years, 7 months] Fnee2000

Youngest Game Completed: Life is Strange [6 months, 3 days] bruin-rocks

Rarest Platinum: LittleBigPlanet (3.23%) bruin-rocks & xEl_Cidx

Rarest 100%: Wolfenstein 3D (12.37%) Fnee2000

Absolute Rarity: Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (1.37%) REAPER4536

My game of the month was Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition at 1 year, 8 months (4.17% rarity). A PS2 HM I never got to play back in the day. It was a little slow (paradoxically enough for a farming sim) without the help of the sprites tending to the farm/animals. I’m so used to building up their friendship for bonus help, whereas this game has the sprites in a non-committal role as you have to help them locate the Harvest Goddess. That requirement is the reason the plat rarity is so low for a casual game. The timing sequence to unlock scenes is strict & initially confusing. Mine were all a year behind the guide recommendation, but I finally unlocked them! & I’m happy to report no animals died while I slept through the remaining in game years (thanks to the son with an interest in animals). I will say I didn’t like that this game had an ending, I’m so used to HM series being open-ended farming. They could all have endings though, maybe I’ve just never finished one.

& a bit of an announcement for February: I likely won’t be around for the majority of it. I’ve got a big test coming up that’s going to take all my focus, plus my reading backlog has gotten pretty shameful of late. So, after I finish up my birthday platinum (which sadly won’t qualify here), my gaming is getting toned way down. Though I may be able to clear a game before the month is over as I’m really close to finishing Just Cause 3. About a dozen challenges to 5 star left; & if I make it I’ll join in on that yearlong streak challenge. Wish me luck in either scenario!

@IGUnique

Looks like you’ve already gotten around to both :ninja: I’ll just add it now while I’m updating.

@MarkusT1992

So, you had some free time to finish Deadpool.

@Fnee2000

That was some serious motivation for January. Glad First Light is now off your list as well. It was a weird initial difficulty that just finally clicked into easy mode after a few runs.

@JayDeLosDioses

Ouch, harsh summary for AC Revelations. It’s still on my list to play in the Ezio Collection, hopefully I don’t let it fall into this event.

@Psy-Tychist

Still all good with a hearty 3 games this month!

@MattbluePT

Yay :D another one bites the dust.

@REAPER4536

Another one for the challenge, got you added to the section. Keep it up!

@xEl_Cidx & @bruin-rocks

Two members finished LBP this month ? What a crazy coincidence. Huge congrats on the dedication to finish that platforming gem to both of you.

This year is starting off great for the old backlog. Nice work everyone!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

That was some serious motivation for January. Glad First Light is now off your list as well. It was a weird initial difficulty that just finally clicked into easy mode after a few runs.

That is exactly how First Light felt like. That first arena took me 7 or 8 tries before I finally got it. Then all the rest seemed to fall in line quite nicely. Some with general ease. I guess it was just a case of working off the rust from not having played the game in a long time.

Good luck on your February goals @Gretchen27! Tests, reading, and Just Cause, quite a goal. Good luck to everyone else in their February goals as well!

I haven’t quite figured out where I want to start. I may try to clear out some old Vita games that have been on my list since 2012-2013. I may also work on some old PS3 games. inFamous 2, Beyond Two Souls, and Saint’s Row III have been calling to me of late. Choices, choices...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Monthly Summary:

January

Games Completed by Participant:

bruin-rocks: 9 games

damage_6-9: 4 games

Fnee2000: 8 games

Gretchen27: 1 game

IGUnique: 4 games

Ilzaki: 1 game

JayDeLosDioses: 2 games

MarkusT1992: 1 game

MattbluePT: 2 games

Psy-Tychist: 3 games

REAPER4536: 1 game

xEl_Cidx: 1 game

Total: 

37 games (+29)

Oldest Game Completed: Wolfenstein 3D [10 years, 7 months] Fnee2000

Youngest Game Completed: Life is Strange [6 months, 3 days] bruin-rocks

Rarest Platinum: LittleBigPlanet (3.23%) bruin-rocks & xEl_Cidx

Rarest 100%: Wolfenstein 3D (12.37%) Fnee2000

Absolute Rarity: Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (1.37%) REAPER4536

My game of the month was Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition at 1 year, 8 months (4.17% rarity). A PS2 HM I never got to play back in the day. It was a little slow (paradoxically enough for a farming sim) without the help of the sprites tending to the farm/animals. I’m so used to building up their friendship for bonus help, whereas this game has the sprites in a non-committal role as you have to help them locate the Harvest Goddess. That requirement is the reason the plat rarity is so low for a casual game. The timing sequence to unlock scenes is strict & initially confusing. Mine were all a year behind the guide recommendation, but I finally unlocked them! & I’m happy to report no animals died while I slept through the remaining in game years (thanks to the son with an interest in animals). I will say I didn’t like that this game had an ending, I’m so used to HM series being open-ended farming. They could all have endings though, maybe I’ve just never finished one.

& a bit of an announcement for February: I likely won’t be around for the majority of it. I’ve got a big test coming up that’s going to take all my focus, plus my reading backlog has gotten pretty shameful of late. So, after I finish up my birthday platinum (which sadly won’t qualify here), my gaming is getting toned way down. Though I may be able to clear a game before the month is over as I’m really close to finishing Just Cause 3. About a dozen challenges to 5 star left; & if I make it I’ll join in on that yearlong streak challenge. Wish me luck in either scenario!

@IGUnique

Looks like you’ve already gotten around to both :ninja: I’ll just add it now while I’m updating.

@MarkusT1992

So, you had some free time to finish Deadpool.

@Fnee2000

@JayDeLosDioses

Ouch, harsh summary for AC Revelations. It’s still on my list to play in the Ezio Collection, hopefully I don’t let it fall into this event.

@Psy-Tychist

Still all good with a hearty 3 games this month!

@MattbluePT

Yay :D another one bites the dust.

@REAPER4536

Another one for the challenge, got you added to the section. Keep it up!

@xEl_Cidx & @bruin-rocks

Two members finished LBP this month 1f60e.png What a crazy coincidence. Huge congrats on the dedication to finish that platforming gem to both of you.

This year is starting off great for the old backlog. Nice work everyone!

I really wan to go back and plat Harvest Moon. I am first achiever on a few of those trophies and I had planned on being first achiever for Platinum; but that sprite thing messed me up. If you could give me a detailed explanation on how you actually managed to find all the cutscenes I would greatly appreciate it. I loved that game as a kid and it kills me everyday knowing I 1.wasn’t able to get first platinum/100% achiever, or even in the top 50 which I have managed for quite a few of my games, 2. I wasnt even able to get the platinum at all because the stuff I did as a kid to get it to work, never worked when I tried it with the new version. Something must have changed, and I’m always looking for extra tips to score that damn platinum! 

On 1/31/2020 at 2:19 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Woo! Congrats on this one, I too cleared LittleBigPlanet this month, it’s quite an accomplishment to check it off the list! Do you have LittleBigPlanet 2 by chance? If so, I’d be happy to help chip away at that one, I plan on having that platinum for February or March! 

thank you

I got this game as a freebie from the Sony Hack back in 2011 and I don't have LBP 2 so I let you know if I get it.

thanks for the offer.

----

Good luck Gretchen27 on your studies!

Happy gaming everyone!

• Like 1

On 31/01/2020 at 7:19 PM, bruin-rocks said:

I have LBP2 and I'm planning on working on this plat! But I can only play the PS3 during the weekend