“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

3 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Time for another backlog platinum and not just any ol’ platinum. This time it is Platinum #500! I figured finishing up the platinum for FarCry 5 would have a nice ring to it. FarCry 5 for 500! Anyway, I will try to clear up the DLC before the end of the month to make it a 100% complete. However, for now...

FarCry 5 (PS4) - Platinum Completed in 1 year, 10 months

A very special Thank You to @JayDeLosDioses for his assistance in completing the Arcade stuff and the Infamous difficulty trophy.

Congrats!

I myself completed both Metro Exodus DLC's and the NG+ for my game of the month. Even tho the latest DLC came out 2 week ago, I had been waiting to clean everything up. Total time since the platinum is about 50 weeks and total time to complete the game 100% is 1 year and 5 days.

• Like 3

Well.. so I went inactive in November, but took about 6 weeks off, then kept gaming hard but havent posted. So I'm going to do my summary of the last few months.

December

Life Is Strange 2 (1 Year 2 Months)
Wish they'd stop the episode rubbish. Good storyline and a bit less disturbing than the first. I appreciated it, great soundtrack, peaceful kind of game. Just wish I didn't have to wait a year to complete it.

January

Sky Force Reloaded (1 Year 1 Month)

Very enjoyable, I fancy Space Arcade games, but yes this requires some skill and is grindy. Recommend.

Overcooked (8 Months 6 Days)

Wasn't able to complete this on my own. Fortunately some youtube guides and some assistance from a friend got this one of my list. Good value couch coop however.

Horizon Zero Dawn (2 Years 10 Months)

Love this game, just wasn't motivated to do new game plus. But just doing the main story line quests again with OP weapons, was actually a piece of cake.

Knack (1 Year 11 Months)

Finally decided after my third playthrough and not playing it for best part of a year, to farm the final diamond relics. Thank god that's over. I'll probably play Knack 2 - in another years time.

Monster Energy Supercross (8 Months 3 Weeks)

Though this would be fun. Wasn't. Grindy, boring. Cheap crap.

Cast Of The Seven Godsends: Redux (2 Years 2 Weeks)

This was originally bought as an easy plat, that turned into a hard annoying glitch plat. Unless you've got a particular taste for 2D platforming arcade cringeworthy games - this one isn't for you.

February

I don't really count this - but Minecraft released a DLC and I recompleted it. Guess I've got some work to do before March.

Sign me up for that Backlog Challenge as well. - February is just a little bit of an unknown at this point ;)

• Like 4

The second Ultra Rare plat this month for me (but idk why it's still UR)

The Sims 4, and it only took 1 year and 7 months.

Thanks to all of the trophy families out there I've did all but 2 trophies today.

I think it's still free for PS+ members, so I'd recommend you to grab it now :) Completion is really easy.

• Like 2

Your hostess is back! ?

& I see there's quite a bit to catch up on in my absence. I'll be getting around to that soon enough during this week, updating the OP & such. Maybe I'll even finish Just Cause before the month is up (5 more challenges left now). However, Stardew Valley owns my soul at the moment on the Vita...so, we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 3

On 18/02/2020 at 4:28 PM, bruin-rocks said:

You keep stealing the oldest game from me... but mark my words, by the end of the year, I will get my Injustice Gods Among Us platinum and I will claim the absolute rarity! Just got level 100 today, thanks to my turbo controller... working through all classic battles then I have to find where I went wrong with meter burns and special moves, then clear up online, then fight my way through hell on STAR labs and Battle Mode. 

I don't think I can beat you on rarity unless I complete Trials Fusion which is infamously ridiculous.

But I was having a gander at the oldest game we can complete:

@bruin-rocks - Final Fantasy XIII - 9 years 11 months.

@Fnee2000 - Super Stardust HD - 11 years 6 months.

Psy-Tychist - Prince of Persia - 11 years 2 months.

I have also finished some more games: Tales of the Borderlands - 1 year 9 months , 53.99% rarity.

And much thanks to @MarkusT1992 for being patient and helping me get much closer to the Rocket League 100%. 

Rocket League (Plat) - 2 years 8 months, 21.07% rarity

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Fnee2000 - Super Stardust HD - 11 years 6 months.

Thank you for the suggestion and it’s a good idea and one that I have mulled over before. It would certainly be nice to finish off my oldest 100% game. Since my oldest possible platinum just became platinum unobtainable last summer (Burnout Paradise on PS3). However, the dilemma is the same one I had when you suggested Dead Nation. I am just not that good at twin stick shooters. When too much is going on on the screen, everything can go fine for me for a short moment then I just seem to lose focus and it’s all over. I do have the game downloaded on my PS3 and I do own all the DLC. So I may ultimately give it a go one day. I just don’t know when that day will be. I have a lot lined up for the upcoming month or so gaming wise. My copies of Heavy Rain and Fallout New Vegas Complete finally showed up here. I want to go back to and finish up inFamous 2 so I can have all the inFamous games finished up. Saints Row the Third and Sleeping Dogs are also on my shortlist of games I need to wrap up. Then there is Skyrim on PS4 that I have vowed I will finish up soon. So as you can see, a lot of pretty lengthy games that are on my horizon... of course, I have been known to just knock something out if I just feel like it. So, you never know, I may bust out and finish Stardust one random day...

Edited by Fnee2000

An update to the Platinum in FarCry 5. I finished up all the DLC so it is now 100% complete. The DLC was mediocre at best honestly but it is all out of the way. It has a surprising low 100% rate on PSNP at 1.66% at the time of this post. I guess people either didn’t want to do the DLC, some of the grinding aspects of the DLC, didn’t want to bother with the Infamous difficulty, or a mixture of it all. Anyway...

FarCry 5 (PS4) - 100% Completed in 1 year, 10 months

• Like 3

Another one bites the dust. This one I had put off because I didn’t feel like farming for the collectibles back when I first played it almost a year ago. Last night I just said screw it, there are some shows on Netflix I wanted to watch. So I will AFK farm the final boss and check in to collect my bounty after every episode. It took about 6 or 7 hours of farming to do, but I finally got the last of the Claptrap collectible trophies to finish the game up 100%. Chalk another up for February and another game completed from my unfinished backlog...

Borderlands (PS4) - Completed in 10 months, 3 weeks

• Like 2

I would like to get in on this contest, if that's still possible @Gretchen27? Cause I know it would force me to keep at my massive backlog that needs to go!

This month I have been mostly inactive due to me being overseas, however I did complete the last two DLC's for Minecraft early in the month, putting it at 100% in 5 Years, 5 Months.

When I get back in March, I have some newer games I'll be working on like Days Gone, Sniper Elite 3 and 4. But I should be able to 100% Sims 4 and Division 2 which would put those completions over 6 months as well.

Edited by Leigrez
  • Like 3

@Fnee2000

Another very productive month for you. Congrats on 500 platinums!

Gotta agree about Beyond Two Souls: I found I was ready for the story to end several times while playing. But it just keep going in all these radical directions.

Also, just curious; what weapons/equipment did you have for Borderlands & how did you get it (if it wasn’t from randoms in lobbies). I’ve got the DLCs to finish up for this as well but have been struggling with bad equipment.  

@bruin-rocks

Glad to see L.A. Noire checked off. It’s one of my all-time favorites. & the home country one is an awesome find/appropriate milestone. 

@kingofbattle8174

Nice work! It has been a while, maybe it’ll be a good year for you to work on the backlog.

Akiba’s Trip shouldn’t be too hard to find a cheap copy for, & it’s pretty easy IMO to finish in a month. I see you’re playing Akiba’s Beat though…which is horrible compared to Trip & way more tedious. Be careful of one enemy entry that can be glitched near the end, requiring another playthrough.

@IGUnique

Yes, bruin’s answer was correct. Its fine for DLCs as long as the first timestamp in a game (any part of the trophy list) is over the 6 month mark. Other members are usually quicker to answer questions than I am & we've probably worked out most of the unusual ones by now. Glad you got to keep your streak going. 

@JayDeLosDioses

The Borderlands Pre-Sequel’s DLC seemed really lazy. Only one had a story to play through, & they both were basically just battle domes.

& here I was hoping The Sims 4 coming out on PS+ would 1) bring about a DLC sale (which it did) & 2) drop the already UR plat rarity even further (apparently not gonna happen with downloadable families). I recently got a physical copy with the Island Living bundle. But I’ll take the sale to add pets, magic, & probably some vanity items.

@REAPER4536

Always good to see a non-plat game get completed. Best of luck on finishing another world in Super Meat Boy! That’ll be a stunning UR platinum for you one day.

@Psy-Tychist

& with your Plague completion, your February game is done (with half a month to spare no less). Keep at it!

@AUSTRALIANDJ

Welcome back to the fray! Added you to the challenge: you might have to count that Minecraft 100% to stay in it though. But there’s a few days left to complete something else if you’re really against counting it.

@Leigrez

Of course, you’re more than welcome to still join & already with a completion for the month to boot. You’ve got a section in the OP now & are hereby obligated to get to work on that backlog ?

Good luck with your gaming endeavors!

@xEl_Cidx

& another one down! You're not in the streak challenge as well are you? 

@Kevvik

That’s the GameStop one, right? Based on the cover art I had thought it was a relaxing free roamer like Abzu.

I think I’ve got everything caught up now. Do let me know if I missed an item.

Just Cause 3 is all wrapped up for me at 2 years, 6 months. Platinum rarity: 3.52% & AR: 1.03%. It was immensely satisfying to finally have the Laguna Blast challenge tick over to 5 gears & unlock the remaining trophies. I’d estimate it took me over an hour of attempts on this challenge alone. All of the others were easily done first attempt or within a few. Other than that, the game was a blast (take that as a pun if you like) to play. 

For March, I’ll mostly be busy enjoying new stuff in KYC, but plan to finally finish Deception IV. Yeah, the one that’s been on my currently working on list for probably years now. I’m really hoping to stay motivated to do a couple missions a day or like a dozen every weekend to complete it for the month.

• Like 4

Finished up another game to end the month. I just had to replay the campaign as my necro, who I had pimped out in good gear through adventure mode years ago. So I blew through everything quite quickly and did a few misc trophies I needed as well. This game also had a low ultra rare 100% at 2.01% at the time of this post. I guess other people never bothered to finish all the necromancer stuff too. Which is a shame, Necro’s are fun to play in the game. So most likely for the last time in February...

Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls (PS4) - Completed in 5 years, 6 months

3 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Also, just curious; what weapons/equipment did you have for Borderlands & how did you get it (if it wasn’t from randoms in lobbies). I’ve got the DLCs to finish up for this as well but have been struggling with bad equipment.

I had gear I picked up along the way throughout the game and DLC’s except a shield. The only thing that helped me get through everything with ease was a glitched shield someone duped for me while we were about to do the Moxxi DLC. I never took damage. As far as the Claptrap crap, I just AFK farmed the final boss. I hopped up on the shed roof and let the claptrap blow up underneath me. Not that they were going to do damage.

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 1

@Gretchen27

I picked up Akiba Trip the other day with a digital sale. It was like 8 bucks. It seems both Akiba games can be tedious. Trip requires like 3 play throughs. Beat is longer and has the grinds for levels, cards,  money, equip..etc. The story is good, I just wish the environment and npc’s for beat were more fleshed out. They took such a step backwards in that department between the two games.  

10 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Finished up another game to end the month. I just had to replay the campaign as my necro, who I had pimped out in good gear through adventure mode years ago. So I blew through everything quite quickly and did a few misc trophies I needed as well. This game also had a low ultra rare 100% at 2.01% at the time of this post. I guess other people never bothered to finish all the necromancer stuff too. Which is a shame, Necro’s are fun to play in the game. So most likely for the last time in February...

Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls (PS4) - Completed in 5 years, 6 months

I had gear I picked up along the way throughout the game and DLC’s except a shield. The only thing that helped me get through everything with ease was a glitched shield someone duped for me while we were about to do the Moxxi DLC. I never took damage. As far as the Claptrap crap, I just AFK farmed the final boss. I hopped up on the shed roof and let the claptrap blow up underneath me. Not that they were going to do damage.

Any tips for Diablo? I have to go back and finish that but just have such a hard time getting into it, I always just get slaughtered but when I watch videos everyone just steam rolls through everything, I’d probably enjoy a lot more if I could do that too. 

22 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

Any tips for Diablo? I have to go back and finish that but just have such a hard time getting into it, I always just get slaughtered but when I watch videos everyone just steam rolls through everything, I’d probably enjoy a lot more if I could do that too. 

Find a class that you like, find a good build online for that class, and work your way up difficulty wise. Better loot comes from the higher difficulties but you do have a chance to be steamrolled. Just find a sweet spot where it is challenging but not aggravating. Then when it becomes too easy, pop the difficulty up more. Gear, gear, gear! Always keep upgrading when you get better stuff. At level 70 is when you really need to worry about the stats and effects more. If you have the patience for it, get set gear. It is well worth it. My necro has full bone armor, how I was able to roll through everything easily. Not sure if there is better gear now but bone armor was the Best a few years back for a necro. Also, enchant and socket your gear with stats that work for your build.

I would also recommend just doing adventure mode, it’s more fun and you get better loot. Alternatively you can just go online, join a random game running at a higher difficulty and leech loot ? I helped a few friends in the past level up characters dragging them through torment 12 rifts. I knocked the difficulty back to torment 8 to finish off those trophies earlier. I wanted a challenge but also wanted to be able to run past most of the trash mobs.

Worst thing is, I still need to finish up Diablo 3 on PS3. That version never received the upgrade to what the game became a few years back. It still has the old system of leveling. A.k.a it’s slooooooooooow and loot goblins are much more rare.

Edited by Fnee2000

I'm still in time for my February game!

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time :platinum: - Completed in 2 years, 1 month (29th February 2020)

I really like the Sly Cooper series, but even if this is a good one, Sly 3 remains my favorite, also because it was the first I have played, as a kid. What took me so long to finish this was the collectibles and a horrible trophy, that makes you open the map in all locations, making you repeat some missions with specific places.

Edited by MattbluePT
  • Like 4

I'd like to join! 

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but I did complete a couple games this month

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Platinum in 3 years, 1 month (on Feb 8th)

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Platinum in 4 years, 1 week (on Feb 20th)

Right now I'm working on Vice City, currently at 23/34 trophies (74%)

Was also thinking about making my own backlog/checklist on this site to help me visualize everything I have but have no idea how I'd like it to be done lol

• Like 4