Gretchen27

“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

1,188 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, King Hayes said:

I'd like to join! 

 

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but I did complete a couple games this month

 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Platinum in 3 years, 1 month (on Feb 8th)

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Platinum in 4 years, 1 week (on Feb 20th)

 

Right now I'm working on Vice City, currently at 23/34 trophies (74%)

 

Was also thinking about making my own backlog/checklist on this site to help me visualize everything I have but have no idea how I'd like it to be done lol

Yeah doing personal backlogs would be really cool!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

First backlog game of March is in the bag. Wasn’t sure if I would ever go back to finish this one up. I lump this kind of game in with twin stick shooters but with the difficulty turned up a notch. However, once I finally got the fundamentals of the game down, after several frustrating runs, I was able to knock it all out. It’s not Hotline Miami hard, but this definitely had some weird difficulty spikes...

 

LA Cops (PS4) - Completed in 3 years, 7 months

Edited by Fnee2000
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little Adventure on the Prairie on Vita is complete. I regret adding this to the list. First trophy August 29th 2019, final trophy March 1st 2020, platinum time 6 months 2 days. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

It’s been a while since I played Borderlands, but I think I have a handful of chest keys left. I might try to reach max level & hope I encounter a nice player along the way to dupe some equipment, or I’ll just use the keys & hope for the best at that point. But the Moxxi DLC will still be a major pain (I’m already pretty far on the Claptrap collectibles).

I’m a nice player with a nice shield (aka you take no damage shield) that made the Moxxi DLC tolerable 😁

Edited by Fnee2000
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

 

@King Hayes

Yes, you are allowed to come in with completions for the same month joined. Welcome & great start! Good luck finishing up Vice City & maybe San Andreas if you choose to go for it.  

 

As for the checklist; you should check out some of them in the forum. Everyone has a different way they like to set up & maintain them. Reading through can give you some inspiration. I think they’re great for keeping track of backlogs & the thoughts you had while playing a game from what could be years back. It’s some work to set up initially with a big list, worth it though.

 

 

@Gretchen27 thanks for the warm welcome, Vice City should hopefully be completed sometime this upcoming week, and yes, next up will be San Andreas, and then GTA 4 right after that. Already know 4 is gunna be a pain with multiplayer.

 

As for the checklists, I have been browsing through some, liking what others have done and their layouts. My backlog is enormous though so we'll see lol 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

@MattbluePT
Right on time!

 

I see you’re close (or reasonably so depending on collectibles) to finishing Digimon. Your March game, perhaps?

 

Exactly what I have in mind! The problem is the badges, as there is some RNG to obtain some badges I still need. But I believe I'll have the plat this month.

 

On 3/1/2020 at 0:49 AM, damage_6-9 said:

 

Nicely done.... might want to edit the date in your post though...

 

Thanks for noticing that, edited the month as you said 😉

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can finally cross off GTA Vice City from my backlog ! 

 

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Platinum in 3 years, 10 months

 

Next up, San Andreas!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@King Hayes Welcome to the Infinite Backlog Challenge!

 

If you want to see insane backlogs, just check out damage_6-9bruin-rocksFnee2000 or possibly mine and remember you are probably better off :)

 

@Psy-Tychist thanks for the warm welcome too! I'll give your guy's backlogs a look, I have quite a number of games to not only catch up on and get rid of, but also a good amount that I haven't even started yet either. I should be making my own backlog checklist sometime this week though. Should be fun lol

Edited by King Hayes
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, King Hayes said:

 

@Psy-Tychist thanks for the warm welcome too! I'll give your guy's backlogs a look, I have quite a number of games to not only catch up on and get rid of, but also a good amount that I haven't even started yet either. I should be making my own backlog checklist sometime this week though. Should be fun lol

Welcome @King Hayes, already some good completion from you! It’s nice to see new people joining in, the GTA series is a tough grind, good luck when you get to GTA 4, I have to clear that from my backlog too, but I’m afraid of hackers online, but I’d be happy to join up with you to clear that up if you end up getting a good group! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

Welcome @King Hayes, already some good completion from you! It’s nice to see new people joining in, the GTA series is a tough grind, good luck when you get to GTA 4, I have to clear that from my backlog too, but I’m afraid of hackers online, but I’d be happy to join up with you to clear that up if you end up getting a good group! 

Thanks for the warm welcome @bruin-rocks! Yeah Vice City, for me, was the worst grind yet. After SA I'm definitely going to be tackling 4. I'll be sure to hit you up if I'm able to get a good group in. I know those multiplayer trophies are going to be a pain for sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

King Hayes - with the state of PS3 ATM go for MP first and get that out of the way for GTA: IV

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a game for this month with Claire. I played it in one of the KYC events and decided to finish it now. Therefore I used the guide on this site which helped a lot.

The platinum rarity right now is at 13.86%

 

March 2020: Claire (First Trophy: 13.03.2019/11 months, 2 weeks)

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2020 at 8:31 PM, Gretchen27 said:

 

 

Active check for: @Ashuri-B

 

Hello! Still here, just doing badly on game completion due to work D: I'll be doing some hard pushes for at least one trophy this month! 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 7:17 PM, Fnee2000 said:

I’m a nice player with a nice shield (aka you take no damage shield) that made the Moxxi DLC tolerable 1f601.png

 

Someone might find a friend request in their inbox 😊 I don’t have it on my system at the moment, but after we finish KYC this month maybe we can find some time for you to drop me a copy of that shield. I hate that DLC.

 

On 3/1/2020 at 7:36 PM, King Hayes said:

 

@Gretchen27 thanks for the warm welcome, Vice City should hopefully be completed sometime this upcoming week, and yes, next up will be San Andreas, and then GTA 4 right after that. Already know 4 is gunna be a pain with multiplayer.

 

As for the checklists, I have been browsing through some, liking what others have done and their layouts. My backlog is enormous though so we'll see lol 

 

I don’t know how it is in 4, but it’s GTA, hackers go hand in hand like COD. Hopefully it has a private lobby feature, that’s largely how I avoided hackers in 5.

 

At least you’re getting around to the backlog now. Just look at some of the others with huge backlogs. It’ll add up before you know it.   

 

On 3/1/2020 at 8:44 PM, MattbluePT said:

Exactly what I have in mind! The problem is the badges, as there is some RNG to obtain some badges I still need. But I believe I'll have the plat this month.

 

Yeah, I think I unlocked the plat at a vending machine for the last medal after about 30 min of RNG. I tried to hit them up a couple times every time I passed one though, so it wasn’t all bad. The multiplayer wins is a bit of a pain too, as I couldn’t find anyone & the AI took forever to load in. But at least that’s an option.

 

21 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Got a game for this month with Claire. I played it in one of the KYC events and decided to finish it now. Therefore I used the guide on this site which helped a lot.

The platinum rarity right now is at 13.86%

 

March 2020: Claire (First Trophy: 13.03.2019/11 months, 2 weeks)

 

Awesome! Get rid of those KYC leftovers. 

 

17 hours ago, Ashuri-B said:

Hello! Still here, just doing badly on game completion due to work D: I'll be doing some hard pushes for at least one trophy this month! 

 

No worries, play at your own pace. I’ll keep you in the active section then. Thank you for responding.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed my March title already:

 

Sims 4 (PS4)

1st Trophy January 17th, 2019

Plat/100% trophy - March 4th, 2020

Total time - 1 year, 1 month, 2 weeks.

 

Because Division 2 had a bunch more trophies added for that overpriced dlc, I won't be finishing that until it goes down in price.

 

Instead I will focus on the following titles: 

 

Brink (PS3) - started Feb 17th, 2019 (1 year, 2 weeks ago)

Evasion (PS4) - started Feb 11th, 2019 (1 year, 3 weeks)

Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3) - started March 11th, 2011 (9 years, 11 months, 3 weeks)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (PS3) - started June 21st, 2019 (7 months, 1 week)

The Surge (PS4) - The Good, The Bad, The Augmented DLC (Last thing I need) - started June 6th, 2018 (1 year, 8 months)

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD (PS3) - started August 22nd, 2015 (4 years, 6 months, 2 weeks)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Someone might find a friend request in their inbox 1f60a.png I don’t have it on my system at the moment, but after we finish KYC this month maybe we can find some time for you to drop me a copy of that shield. I hate that DLC.

Heh yeah, I had to redownload it as well. It takes all of a minute or two to copy the shield.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to get LEGO Jurassic World and Goat Simulator done for March, and if I'm lucky maybe Under Defeat HD.

 

My issue with Under Defeat is that I really, really suck at schmups.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.5.2018 at 4:57 PM, Gretchen27 said:

January 2020: Far Cry 5 [1 year, 9 months], Assassin's Creed Revelations [2 years, 1 month] 

February 2020: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel [4 years, 6 months], The Sims 4 [1 year, 7 months], Far Cry 5 [1 year, 11 months]

 

Do games count twice if you do the 100% after the plat?

Because you've added Far Cry 5 twice, or is that just for the list and has no impact on the rank?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

 

Do games count twice if you do the 100% after the plat?

Because you've added Far Cry 5 twice, or is that just for the list and has no impact on the rank?

 

I believe DLC does count, would have to check the first post again

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the platinum for The Hungry Horde on Vita today, it was a great game in my opinion, so much fun I went and bought the DLC and finished up the 100% as well. First trophy December 11th 2014, time to platinum/100% 5 years 2 months 3 weeks, platinum rarity 3.15%. 100% Rarity 1.71%. The purpose of the game is just to get your horde of zombies as big as you can, completing challenges such as kill a certain amount of Police, FBI, SWAT, and Military people, destroying objects, and completing mini games. On top of all that as you complete the game you acquire stickers which unlock more stuff. There’s lots of content in the game and it was able to hold my attention for the last two weeks, every time you die you restart from the beginning with just two zombies, so every run is something a little different. There are about 12 maps I think that you can run through, with each night providing more of a challenge and time restraint. I highly recommend this game to anyone with a Vita, and the trophy titles and images are all pretty nice, I wish I made this a milestone. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Do games count twice if you do the 100% after the plat?

Because you've added Far Cry 5 twice, or is that just for the list and has no impact on the rank?

 

They can count twice. If say, the platinum is earned in one month & the DLC is finished the next (or vice versa). This is due to the fact that some DLCs can be very time consuming or difficult. But it's not for me to judge what everyone considers enough for completion as we all have different abilities & available playing time. Basically, if you posted about completing a DLC, I'll assume you're using a DLC substitute & count it toward your month. But if you 100% the game in the same month, it just equals one completion. 

 

Other options you may not be aware of; the rarely used for example: story completion (Rule #2). Also, completing every available trophy in an unobtainable list (for reasons of server closure). I believe only a few members have used the aforementioned as monthly completions, & I may not have added that last one into the rules yet, but it has been discussed in this thread before.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

 

They can count twice. If say, the platinum is earned in one month & the DLC is finished the next (or vice versa). This is due to the fact that some DLCs can be very time consuming or difficult. But it's not for me to judge what everyone considers enough for completion as we all have different abilities & available playing time. Basically, if you posted about completing a DLC, I'll assume you're using a DLC substitute & count it toward your month. But if you 100% the game in the same month, it just equals one completion. 

 

Other options you may not be aware of; the rarely used for example: story completion (Rule #2). Also, completing every available trophy in an unobtainable list (for reasons of server closure). I believe only a few members have used the aforementioned as monthly completions, & I may not have added that last one into the rules yet, but it has been discussed in this thread before.

I have a perfect example this month with The Hungry Horde! I got the Platinum and the DLC done both in 1 day to only count it as one completion. It was also my 90th Backlog game. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.