“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

7 hours ago, Leigrez said:

I would just recommend fighting the Valkyrie Queen on whatever the easiest difficulty is... I crushed her on Normal first try, but I'm a loser and play a lot of games LOL so if you're having trouble, I think Easy wouldn't be too bad at all. Just double check your settings... cause if its on Normal, then it might help.

I am already fighting her on easy and can't beat her. I played through the game on normal difficulty but can't seem to get past her even on easy. I have been trying periodically for about two years. I play a decent amount of games myself but struggle with anything that requires specific timing for the moves you use since I have manual dexterity issues. 

Edited by AmarisSkye

@AmarisSkye

Congrats on that 50th milestone! 

I agree with the creepy, forced romance with Ryan. It's not one of Cage's better efforts but had its high points during the action scenes. Co-op mode would have been more fun if you got to take turns as Jodie & not stuck with Aiden for 10hrs of tethered boredom too. 

God of War could still be your 75th. I'd suggest playing a different game in the series or one in the same genre for practice. Sometimes coming back after a long break works out. Sounds like you haven't given up, so you'll beat her. 

• Like 1

I’ll bite. I started grad school recently and so my play time has been cut way down, and I’d been thinking of going back to some older games to clean up the backlog instead of diving into new games. Here’s what I’m planning to focus on:

- Darkest Dungeon

- Titan Quest

- The Surge

- Darksiders 3

- Destroy All Humans

• Like 3

Is it too late to sign up? I am currently working on :platinum: Birth By Sleep Master for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix. I started it a few days ago, but if I sign up today, do we count it as my game for July?

I'd also like to focus on the following games, but obviously not all for the same month.

Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth By Sleep — A Fragmentary Passage

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded

Kingdom Hearts III

After finishing those, I intend to pick up the following.

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil 

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Is it too late to sign up? I am currently working on :platinum: Birth By Sleep Master for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix. I started it a few days ago, but if I sign up today, do we count it as my game for July?

I'd also like to focus on the following games, but obviously not all for the same month.

Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth By Sleep — A Fragmentary Passage

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded

Kingdom Hearts III

After finishing those, I intend to pick up the following.

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil 

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Usually the games count for the month you finish them in. when you started them doesnt matter als long as its over 6 months ago :P

On 9-6-2020 at 3:09 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Advanced issues found

?

On 9-6-2020 at 3:09 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Going off the input thus far:

:platinum: - earned when 12+ games have been removed for the year. 

:gold: - earned with the 6th game removed for the year.

:silver: - earned with the 3rd game removed for the year.

:bronze: - earned with the 1st game removed for the year.

:hidden: - earned for joining the event with no backlog games removed, yet.

@vin_rob

Yep, I’ve counted them for others before. Hit me with the list & I’ll add them in the next update.

nice, then these are the games I finished:  

- Lego movie 9 months (think this isn't good since it from December...) 

- Valkyria Revolution after 2 years and 7 months (February) 

- Vampyr 1 year and 2 months (march)

- Diablo 3 2 years and 1 month (April)

- Valkyria Chronicles 4 1 year and 7 months (June)

- Borderlands 3 9 months and two weeks (June) 

I Think this might be them for now 

Edited by vin_rob
forgot it was 6 months not a year..
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, King Hayes said:

One trophy remaining for GTA 4's Platinum and it's the Online Rank 10 one. Boosting partner won't be available until this upcoming weekend so it looks like I'm not getting a game done for June :(

The wolf among us should be pretty quick done for you if you need a game you can finish tomorrow :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

The wolf among us should be pretty quick done for you if you need a game you can finish tomorrow :P

I would but I played that game so long ago, on my old PS4. I have a PS4 Pro and didn't transfer my data and it wasn't on my cloud data either. Pretty busy tomorrow so I don't have 10 hours or so available to platinum the game  

Ok so we're half way through the year, how has everyone been doing on clearing at least one backlog game a month?

I'm still on target just about with finishing up Amnesia: Memories in 3 years and 1 month, rarity 32.97%.

July being my birthday month I'm hoping to finish up a good number of games before having to move.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Ok so we're half way through the year, how has everyone been doing on clearing at least one backlog game a month?

I'm still on target just about with finishing up Amnesia: Memories in 3 years and 1 month, rarity 32.97%.

July being my birthday month I'm hoping to finish up a good number of games before having to move.

i sadly didnt join this thread until last month but was still working on it and its going pretty well. had some stuff were i just was not in the modd to do collectibles 10 year ago and some stuff were i just got one trophy and now did them al from scratch and can count about 30 games cleared. the next 2 months will be much slowerd due to me beeing out of town the whole time but i hope i can keep up with doing at least 1 game a month on my vita.
but after that i will be back in full power :P even got a second ps3 to be able to go on at my gilfriends place^^

This sounds fun and cleanup feels amazing! Note that none will be suuuuuper old, because I got my PS3 late (June-July 2013), and there are lots of games started earlier rather than later because I was playing catch up and cared less about trophies then.

Here are a few games which I started but forgot about, oldest first, wrapped in a spoiler because it's kind of long!

Spoiler
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - started Aug 2013
  • Batman Arkham City - started + finished story Nov 2013. I gave up on the plat' after failing for hours to get the free-flow combat trophy, but there are a lot of other misc trophies I should clean up, including a billion DLCs + I think the freeflow deserves another solid attempt!
  • Bioshock 2 - started Dec 2013, dropped because hadn't played 1 and it felt bad. I still haven't played 1 despite owning it
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - started Dec 2013, Platinum Feb 2015, DLCs unstarted
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 - started Dec 2013. Honestly okay with progress on this, but there are a few online / difficulty-related trophies I think I can still clean up
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - started Dec 2013, played some more Dec 2015
  • Alice: Madness Returns - started Jan 2014. I didn't give this game a fair go. I think I got distracted by something else
  • Devil May Cry 1 - started Jan 2014. I earned 1 trophy. I think I was turned off by the camera, and also had newer shinier games, but I gotta give this a fair attempt
  • Batman Arkham Asylum - started Jan 2014, never finished the story on this. I have no idea why
  • Bayonetta - started Jan 2014, again not sure why I didn't finish this
  • Prototype - stated Feb 2014. Earned 3 trophies. I played Prototype 2 first and I think it hooked me much more, but I can't remem' why
  • Dark Souls - earned one trophy March 2014. Earned a few more March 2019. Reason for dropping the second time which I learned later, is that I was going the wrong way and ended up at end-game and thought I was just bad at the game
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - started July 2014, dropped because I hated the time limit at the time. Finished story last month, plan to NG+ and plat soon
  • Okami HD - started May 2014, came back Feb 2015, and Aug 2016
  • PlayStation All-star Battle Royale - started May 2014, didn't get online trophies, but there are a few offline ones I need to clean up before I can call this done
  • God of War: Ascension - started June 2014, not sure why I didn't finish
  • flOw - started Sept 2014, cleaned up some June 2020, but there's a few trophies I haven't yet got
  • Final Fantasy X-2 - started March 2015, played some more Jan 2017, Dec 2017, and May 2018
  • Grand Theft Auto: IV - started April 2015
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - started May 2015
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us - started June 2015. This is the game my PS4 came with, alongside Batman Arkham Knight
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - started June 2015, played a little more Jan 2019. I stopped because I couldn't complete the ice cream minigame, but the game deserves another go, even if I ignore that and the plat, and just do the story.
  • Final Fantasy: Type-0 - started July 2015, played more Oct 2015
  • Broken Age - started Oct 2015, came back to Oct 2016, one trophy left behind
  • Super Meat Boy - started Oct 2015 - I've accepted I'll never complete this game 100%, but there are a few trophies that are doable.
  • Trials Fusion - started Jan 2016, did a little more June 2018. I'm satisfied with my completion, but think I should give some of the stuff I failed at another go
  • SSX - started Jan 2016, played some more Nov 2018 - I wasn't very good at it when I tried but should give it another shot.
  • Fallout 3 - started Jan 2016, only a couple trophies earned
  • Dark Souls 3 - started April 2016, did a little more Jan 2018, but never finished it. It was the classic 'get stuck on a boss for days, take a break, and beat it within a couple tries'
  • Grand Theft Auto: V - started June 2016, actually started at a LAN party playing some online stuff, did most of the offline stuff, and I think stopped because of a glitched trophy with completing a cab fare.
  • Destiny - started Oct 2016 with a friend, fell off shortly after
  • Final Fantasy XV - started Nov 2016, plat'd the game on release, did a few DLCs but haven't done them all
  • Sly Minigames - started Dec 2017, more on Nov 2018. To finish this I gotta play and finish Sly 3, which I own but haven't gotten to yet
  • Bastion - started Jan 2018 - fun game! I did the story, but I think gave up after jumping into the shrine totem challenges or something and doing really poorly. Score mode seemed stressful too.
  • No Man's Sky - started Jan 2018 - played a bit, but ended up on bad acid-rain planets a few times in a row and it got stressful. Need to go back, esp. since the game has some significant updates
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - started June 2016, enjoyed it a lot but never finished it. There's also been a couple DLC trophy lists added which I know nothing about
  • Danganronpa 1・2 Reload - started November 2018, finished the first game in the collection, have been meaning to go back to finish up!
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - started November 2018 - it was fun and deserves going back to I think, even if just to finish the story (and not necessarily plat)
  • The Quiet Man - started December 2018. I finished the story. I don't think I'll ever get the 'never get hit' trophy, but can get the DLC one for finishing the game again
  • Attack on Titan - started Feb 2019. Finished the game. Just a huuuge grind left on a harder difficulty to get every piece of equipment
  • Resident Evil 6 - started Feb 2019 (actually started earlier, probably 2013 or 2014 but no trophies earned) - didn't get too far into it
  • Fifa 15 - started Mar 2019 - I am so bad at this game, but should give it another go
  • Driveclub Bikes - started April 2019 - I wanted to pick this up and get online trophies before the server closure, but didn't manage to. Still want to at some point try complete the offline portion
  • Shadow of the Colossus - started April 2019 - this was a lot of fun! I din't know why I dropped it
  • Tales of Zestiria - started April 2019 - not sure why I dropped this one either
  • Human Fall Flat - started May 2019 - one trophy left, for completing a puzzle in a time limit. I gave it a few hours and couldn't get it. It's easier in co-op, but I don't have anyone who can help with it.
  • Final Fantasy XIV - started June 2019 - used up my free month, will go back after the backlog is a little cleaner, so I can dedicate more time to it while paying for a sub
  • NieR Automata - started June 2019 - I played a little, and stopped for no real reason. Started replaying v recently, and it will be good to knock off the list. Am enjoying it a lot so far!
  • Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - started July 2019, Hard mode + Nitro' ghosts to beat for Plat' I was having some trouble with them and put it down, but never got around to picking it up again.

Copy-paste friendly version:

Spoiler

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - started Aug 2013
Batman Arkham City - started Nov 2013
Bioshock 2 - started Dec 2013
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - started Dec 2013
Ninja Gaiden 3 - started Dec 2013
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - started Dec 2013
Alice: Madness Returns - started Jan 2014
Devil May Cry 1 - started Jan 2014
Batman Arkham Asylum - started Jan 2014
Bayonetta - started Jan 2014
Prototype - stated Feb 2014
Dark Souls - started March 2014
Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - started July 2014
Okami HD - started May 2014
PlayStation All-star Battle Royale - started May 2014
God of War: Ascension - started June 2014
flOw - started Sept 2014
Final Fantasy X-2 - started March 2015
Grand Theft Auto: IV - started April 2015
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - started May 2015
Injustice: Gods Among Us - started June 2015
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - started June 2015
Final Fantasy: Type-0 - started July 2015
Broken Age - started Oct 2015
Super Meat Boy - started Oct 2015
Trials Fusion - started Jan 2016
SSX - started Jan 2016
Fallout 3 - started Jan 2016
Dark Souls 3 - started April 2016
Grand Theft Auto: V - started June 2016
Destiny - started Oct 2016
Final Fantasy XV - started Nov 2016
Sly Minigames - started Dec 2017
Bastion - started Jan 2018
No Man's Sky - started Jan 2018
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - started June 2016
Danganronpa 1・2 Reload - started November 2018
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - started November 2018
The Quiet Man - started December 2018
Attack on Titan - started Feb 2019
Resident Evil 6 - started Feb 2019
Fifa 15 - started Mar 2019
Driveclub Bikes - started April 2019
Shadow of the Colossus - started April 2019
Tales of Zestiria - started April 2019
Human Fall Flat - started May 2019
Final Fantasy XIV - started June 2019
NieR Automata - started June 2019
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - started July 2019

I'm glad I went through that - that was a trip down memory lane, and there are so many good memories with some of these games. It's going to be very satisfying to give them the love they deserve and bring up that completion %. :D

Edited by Mr-ttaM
added copy-paste friendly version of list
  • Like 3

Yea that's really odd. I was also like 'wow 3 people at rarest 100%' but congrats to the other two on that spot :D

For the current month, I am aiming for Battleborn. Servers are really bad (Atm luckily good) and it has an announced server shutdown date so I will be happy to get it done in the next days. Other than that, I am still working on Far Cry 2 and it will likely take 6 months or so to get it done (Multiplayer). I need to figure out what I am going to next at my backlog. Maybe I get a new controller so I can work on some racing games or games with vehicles in since my R2 button is half broken (I can still shoot but full speed on cars is not possible anymore). Or I go for Dreadnaugt, Battle Islands or CoD BO2/ CoD AW.

• Like 4

@kingofbattle8174

Alright, look forward to another completion then. & I see you're playing Persona 4. Hope you're liking it. 

@Mr-ttaM

Welcome!

Yeah, it's a great feeling to clear out an old game. That is an extensive list you've got there. Could you do me a favor & post a copy/paste friendly version (just titles & start dates if you like, with no bullets or bold font)? Sometimes copying a post doesn't let me change those features, meaning I'd be typing it all out. Thank you

@REAPER4536

If you do get a new controller I see Need for Speed on your backlog. It's an easy plat, but very tough 100%. Or you've got other shooter types like Borderlands & GTA for a somewhat break on the multiplayer heavies. 

@bruin-rocks & @AmarisSkye

Nice start to the month, early birds! Feel better soon, Amaris

• Like 1