“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

On 02/10/2020 at 11:17 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Hello everyone, after completing 114 backlog games according to this event, I am weaning out of it. I proposed a challenge at the beginning of this year to complete at least one back log game a month, everyone has been working hard and doing very well, I didn’t think I’d get much traction on the idea. I plan on finishing out this year, and the challenge I proposed, but, I’m getting burnt out. So starting in 2021 I will be backing out of this event so I can start working on new games, some that I have never played before or others I want to go back and replay, my desire to earn trophies is dwindling. I’d like to give a big thank you to @Gretchen27 for keeping the event going strong, I’d also like to give a big thank you to both @Psy-Tychist for unknowingly being my motivation to complete so many games(I remember a time when you had the most games completed in the event), and also @Fnee2000 for assisting me in a few games and also providing motivation to keep completing games. A final shout out to my closest friend on Playstation @Unwanted_Kermit, he was my trusty sidekick on many of my games, Black Ops 3(My first and favourite backlog game), Black Ops 4, Ghosts, Destiny, Killing Floor 2, Resident Evil 5 and 6, Rainbow Six Siege, I could go on, but, I’ll cut it short there. To any one I missed thank you as well for participating and keeping this event alive. I will keep updating for the next three months, and after that I will continue to keep an eye on everyone’s progress! 

Dude, thank you for the recognition and you and @Fnee2000 have been my driving forces to push so that I could complete as much as I can every month.

I too have been feeling the burnout of trying to complete games that have been forgotten or just that last silly trophy causing issues. I have still strived to complete a game a month this year, but moving in August really killed my ability to have time to put into games.

I have however completed games in all the following months, and I will add them to this post soon (apologies @Gretchen27, I'm good at messing up your monthly reviews).

• Like 3

@Gretchen27 Got all those annoying ss Ranks in the bag! but I do miss 42 avatars. Gonna look how many I can get during tomorow's weekly ritual and after that gonna look for a way to boost another 600.000 rotations.....

For the SS ranks you don't have to get SS "everywhere", I did the campaign on easy SS, think I have normal also SS but expert is impossible for me. In the effect modes u can sometimes pick the endless option and get SS rank's that way.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 9:54 PM, snakebit10 said:

@Gretchen27 I haven't done much in the backlog this year. So many new games I have mostly been playing them. I say that and 2 of my last 3 would fit the criteria for the group.

That's ironic ? Nothing wrong with a new game splurge. I'll likely move you to inactive then if that's you're focus, I'm just trying to get the active list straightened for the year end summaries. 

On 11/2/2020 at 10:46 PM, Flex_Da_Brent said:

@Gretchen27 Sorry I haven't been very active on the forum lately, been playing a lot of titles lately that were mostly ineligible for this event.

Which is why I probably missed that my completion of LEGO Harry potter back in September did actually count, my apologies:

LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 - Platinum (100% complete), 27th March 2019 - 8th September 2020 [1 year, 5 months]

Not the biggest challenge to complete of course, but the sheer amount of collectibles was still pretty daunting at first, glad I got through it without issues.

At the moment I'm actually trying to complete Snake Pass, which is already on my list if I'm not mistaken. If not, feel free to add it :) 

[EDIT]: Ok so no it's actually not on my list, no idea why I thought that it was :P If you'd like to add it:

Snake Pass (23/34 trophies, first trophy 13th May 2019, goal is to platinum it)

No worries, just realized hadn't seen a post in awhile. Shame to hear LEGO HP is a collectible fest. I've got it on my list too & haven't been interested in even finishing the story. 

I'll add Snake Pass to the list. 

On 11/3/2020 at 4:48 AM, Ich1994-1994 said:

@Gretchen27

btw i think i earned rarest 100%. My last game chime super deluxe is at 0,53%

Good catch. Fixed.

On 11/3/2020 at 8:05 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

I have however completed games in all the following months, and I will add them to this post soon (apologies @Gretchen27, I'm good at messing up your monthly reviews).

Always someone with late entries ? It's all good, post them when you get some time. 

On 11/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, Ilzaki said:

@Gretchen27

I'm still here.  Going to sit down and plat Trials of Mana.  Also been thinking of going for 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Thanks for letting me know!

8 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

On a side note, this game did help me finally hit another goal for 2020. My unearned trophies dropped below 7000, that makes around 1050 unearned trophies earned since the beginning of the year. That also makes all three of my goals for 2020 completed. Under 7000 unearned trophies, check. Under a 200 game difference in games played vs games completed, check. Over 80% completion percentage, check and then some...

That 80% completion blows me away for such a huge list. Awesome work getting those goals done well before year's end! What's 2021 going to be the year of?

2 hours ago, IGUnique said:

@Gretchen27 Got all those annoying ss Ranks in the bag! but I do miss 42 avatars. Gonna look how many I can get during tomorow's weekly ritual and after that gonna look for a way to boost another 600.000 rotations.....

For the SS ranks you don't have to get SS "everywhere", I did the campaign on easy SS, think I have normal also SS but expert is impossible for me. In the effect modes u can sometimes pick the endless option and get SS rank's that way.

Damn, congrats :dance:

I didn't realize SS wasn't required on expert as well, that's a little less daunting. & also that weekly rituals were still running. I think you're guaranteed a few avatars there for playing. I should at least log in on Saturdays as well to get those. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

What's 2021 going to be the year of?

Year of rest! heh, jk. I will probably focus more on cleaning out unplayed games. My digital library on PS4 is up to 846 unfinished or unplayed games, so I have a few to get rid of. I will of course throw in an unfinished backlog game here and there. I also don't see myself getting a PS5 anytime soon, so this will give me time to catch up. Even if just a little bit...

Oh and I do plan on playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla soon. If that is anything like Odyssey, then I will be in for a long Platinum...

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 1

On 7-11-2020 at 2:54 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Damn, congrats :dance:

I didn't realize SS wasn't required on expert as well, that's a little less daunting. & also that weekly rituals were still running. I think you're guaranteed a few avatars there for playing. I should at least log in on Saturdays as well to get those. 

I just managed to get 42 avatars in 1 weekly event. You only need a D rank to get an avatar drop, so basicly clear 1/2 lines an voilá there you go. Did take a lot of tries tho.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr-ttaM said:

Had nothing to report for October, but did manage to finish cleaning up a game last week 1f49c.png

:platinum: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Startted: 20th Aug 2013

Finished: 14th Nov 2020

Duration: 7 years, 2 months, 4 weeks

Summary: Fun game, in a fun series! I don't know why I dropped it, but I'm glad I went back. :)
I haven't played much of the series (just this + 2016) but I'm aboard the A Rift Apart hype train now.

Wonna do the qforce onlinestuff with me?^^ only ratchet and clank game i dont have platinumed^^

No plat/100%s this month, but I did wrap up the majority of an older title.

S69b4f4.png

Watch_Dogs 2

Beat, all but PvP trophies.

September 2019 - November 2020

Not my preferred setting, but enjoyable enough and personally played mainly as a stealth title. Did run into a glitched loop in the final mission where completing a portion would simply start it over... that was fun. Fair number of posts around the internet suggest this has been a problem for some people for years.

Friend's told me the first game is much worse, so I'm not sure I'll ever get around to it.

Just noting how I got out of it:

Spoiler

Waited ~10 minutes at the beginning while looking up the issue, after five failed attempts.

Knocked out everyone via melee, think there was one round of backup called?

After triggering the lock, waited for the cops to leave.

Shot 3/4 databanks with the shotgun (kind of finicky), then placed a remote explosive by the last.

Locked on to explosive, ran all the way out until I hit the "leaving quest area" warning, moved just back into range, and blew it up.

Very slow month for me, but I've also made progress on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and hope to have it finished in December. Still, nice to get somewhere on a couple old "started for co-op" games.

• Like 4