“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

Didn't know that you also do a monthly update post. Neat idea! :)

I guess July will be a slow month for me as I decided to rejoin Hemiak's KYC-event and it's unlikely that I will finish any other game in between. But at least it will give me a whole bunch of games that will qualify for this backlog-event later on. xD 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Didn't know that you also do a monthly update post. Neat idea! :)

I guess July will be a slow month for me as I decided to rejoin Hemiak's KYC-event and it's unlikely that I will finish any other game in between. But at least it will give me a whole bunch of games that will qualify for this backlog-event later on. xD 

Thanks! I'd like to do a year end one that highlights the same for each person who participated. With maybe the addition of their most productive month. 

I like reading the posts for KYC. Good way to dive into your unplayed backlog, & of course adding to this event down the line is a plus ;)

Completed Borderlands 2 (PS3/PSV) [3 years, 6 months]

Finished up the last bit on the PS3 & officially crossed this off the backlog. Couldn’t tell ya how many hours were logged between my main Mechromancer character with the cross-saves, but the timers not stopping anytime soon. I’ll keep playing it here & there on vita & PS4 as I’d like to do a playthrough on Ultimate Vault Hunter mode.

Completed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West [2 years, 11 months]

Great game on the PS3. The story always had me wanting to play one more chapter, I liked the cast of characters, & the setting was good as well. I just had collectibles & combat specific trophies to clean up for the base game & DLC. Decided to take it 2 chapters a day & it was done well in time for this month.

Next Up

Deception IV (no new mission progress to report yet).

• Like 2

I just 100% Enter the Gungeon. 

I don't know if it counts cause the DLC just came out for it but it took me 2 year 2 months to 100% it, first trophy May 2016. 

This is my favourite PS4 game to date, even after getting 100% I can see myself continuing to play this. It offers such a nice challenge but also good for just kicking back and relaxing. 

• Like 2

I'm trying to finish Rune Factory : ToD. This is such a grindy game, there's nothing but that and it's driving me crazy. I still got to fish more than 800 times, get sick 85 times and beat that stupid Coliseum. My sanity will not be intact when I'm finished with this.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:10 AM, REAPER4536 said:

Looks like I can't finish a game this month - I'm going to aim for 2 backlog games in the next month.

But I finished all Online Trophies in Crysis 3 

No worries, sounds like you made some solid groundwork in Crysis 3. 

On 7/25/2018 at 9:31 AM, Myu said:

I'm trying to finish Rune Factory : ToD. This is such a grindy game, there's nothing but that and it's driving me crazy. I still got to fish more than 800 times, get sick 85 times and beat that stupid Coliseum. My sanity will not be intact when I'm finished with this.

Well those requirements are excessive... (note to self: do not play Rune Factory). Hope you finish it with minimal damage to your sanity. 

2 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

No worries, sounds like you made some solid groundwork in Crysis 3. 

Well those requirements are excessive... (note to self: do not play Rune Factory). Hope you finish it with minimal damage to your sanity. 

Believe it or not, I unlocked the 2000 fish trophy but I'm far from finished with the Coliseum. I still have 5 days to get that plat though!

This was my first Rune Factory and it'll probably be the last one. I'd rather play Atelier games. At least I have fun with them.

11 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

The Swords of Ditto

Have fun with the game. Seems like they completely ditched the day limit according to the latest patches so the game should be much more enjoyable than it was at launch. Some other changes they added during the various patches also seem rather comfortable. Might also give it a second try sometime soon.

I'm working on Final Fantasy XII (July 2017).  I could technically beat it now, but that's no fun.  My end goal is Hunter Extraordinaire/High Summoner.

And can you add:

Tales of Symphonia (Sept 2014)

Dark Souls (Sept 2014)

Witch and the Hundred Knight (April 2014)

Silly question:
What does count for the 6 months? If the day of the first trophy earned is 6 months ago or if the duration for the completion time is showing 6 months at least? I ask this because today I decided to finally get done with the last DLC for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. Turns out that I earned the first trophy on January 28th 12:46am and I earned the last trophy today July 28th on 3:31pm (both local time).

The trophies show that the first was earned 6 months ago but for the duration it shows 5 months, 4 weeks and 1 day, which is probably due to the fact that PSNP uses some kind of mean value for a month's duration (probably ~30.4375 days):

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6906-lego-marvel-super-heroes-2/crimsonidol-de

Now I'm curious whether it counts as completed for this month or not? It's no problem if it doesn't count, I'm just glad that I'm done with it so I can get rid of the game. :|

If it counts, you can copy the updated information from the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Games played through during event
March 2017:
- Golden Axe (First trophy: 26th May 2013, goal: 100%),
- Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)
April 2017:
- Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%)
- Modnation Racers Roadtrip (First trophy: 11th May 2013, Goal: Plat)
- flOw (First trophy: 16th December 2013, Goal: 100%)
- Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (First trophy: 16th April 2016, Goal: Plat)
May 2017:
- Bomberman Ultra (First trophy: 27th April 2013, Goal 100%)
June 2017:
- Dreamals (First trophy: 1st February 2016, Goal: 100%)
August 2017:
- Doki-Doki Universe (First trophy: 10th November 2016, Goal: 100%)

September 2017

- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (First trophy: 1st March 2017, Goal: Plat)

January 2018

- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (First trophy: 27th March 2017, Goal: Plat)

April 2018

- Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (First trophy: 15th March 2015, Goal: 100%)

June 2018

- Rayman Legends (First trophy: 6th September 2013, Goal: Plat)

July 2018

- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (First trophy: 28th January 2018, Goal: 100%)

Game(s) working on right now
  - Grid Autosport (First trophy: 27th August 2017, Goal: 100%)

Games on agenda for event

• Like 1

I haven't replied to the response to adding me back to the event, my apologies.

I have far far too many games on my profile and those I haven't even started yet. 

I've also been amending my details in Palebloods Backlog Anonymous for a more comprehensive list.

But since March 2017, this is what I have completed from my ancient backlog.

Games Completed from the Backlog:

(PS3) Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - Completed 08/11/17 (2 years, 2 weeks)

(PS4) A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV - Completed 14/11/17 (7 months, 1 day)

(PS4) Eventide: Slavic Fable - Completed 03/01/18 (6 months, 2 weeks)

(PS4) Wolfenstein: The New Order - Completed 03/01/18 (11 months, 5 days)

(PS4) Xeodrifter - Completed 04/01/18 (1 year, 1 month)

(PS3) Feeding Frenzy 2 - Completed 05/01/18 (1 year, 6 months)

(PS3) Guacamelee! - Completed 07/01/18 (4 years, 1 month)

(PS4) Ultratron - Completed 04/02/18 (1 year, 2 months)

(PS3) Puppeteer2122.png - Completed 22/03/18 (3 years, 9 months)

(PS4) Clicker Heroes - Completed 28/03/18 (8 months, 1 week)

(PS3) Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Completed 09/04/18 (2 years, 4 months)

(PS4) Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum - Completed 30/04/18 (8 months, 4 weeks)

(PS4) Monopoly Plus - Completed 22/05/18 (6 months, 1 day)

(PS3) Tekken Tag Tournament HD - Completed 05/06/18 (6 years, 4 months)

(PS3) Tekken 6 - Completed 05/06/18 (8 years, 5 months)

(PS3) Jurassic Park: The Game - Episode 4: The Survivors - Completed 05/06/18 (2 years, 2 months)

(PS4) Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Completed 30/06/18 (1 year, 7 months)

(PS4) Riptide GP2 - Completed 16/07/18 (1 year, 6 months)

(PS3) CONTRAST - Completed 26/07/18 (2 years, 9 months)

• Like 3

@bruin-rocks 

Thanks for the heads up. Enjoy those new games!

@xEl_Cidx

Updated. Congrats!

@Vermachtnis

Updated. Let us know when you finish it.

@Crimson Idol

That’s an interesting situation not brought up yet. I would count it from first trophy earned; which from your local time report is a good 12hrs over 6 months. Even if I look at the trophy list from my time zone its labeled 27th Jan to 28th Jul (so still good).

I almost had a similar situation for my planned Feb 2018 game where I had glanced at the first trophy earned & PSNP labeled it as 6 months ago. But when I finished the game my duration was 5 months, 3 weeks, 6 days. PSNP just averaged out my start date not in my favor for the event & I didn’t notice. In my case though I didn’t count it for my Feb game as the first trophy was earned on 5th Aug to 1st Feb (4 days short).

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3806-tearaway-unfolded/Gretchen27

Yours is over 6 months though when you look by the calendar/time. To count it from the PSNP average would by inaccurate since the short month of Feb was lower than the average & shortened the reported duration.

@Psy-Tychist

Good to see you’re getting help in Backlog Anonymous....

In all seriousness: Welcome back! Your section is back up to date (I hope, there was a bunch there). Seems like you’ve got the most games completed in both events so far. Keep it up!

@Myu

Yay! Another one down, that's awesome. Glad to hear you finished it. :yay:

• Like 2

@Gretchen27

Good to know then and thanks for updating the list. And those averaged times and dates shown on the site can be confusing sometimes. Maybe this was the reason why the first iteration of th event had the minimum requirement of 1 year for the first trophy earned. :D

Next game will be more clear, though. Thanks to the Spelling Bee-event by Mayus I try to go for Nier: Automata next month. But as usual, I won't add it to my games I'm currently working on due to my habit of not sticking to any plan. xD

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 0:20 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Completed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West [2 years, 11 months]

Congratulations and oh, I'm so jealous you can 100% it. The dlc is not available in PS store Asia (a lot of my games won't complete because of this!) ?

================

July's update ?

100%

AC revelation (4 years, 11 months)

Platinum not 100%

AC brotherhood (3 years, 6 months)

I need one more trophy but it required me to complete the game all over again. The story and cutscenes still fresh in my mind so I will leave it for next month.

That's all for July.. ?

• Like 1

Monthly Summary:

July

Alright folks, another month has gone by. Let's see how we did. 

Games Completed by Participant:

bruin-rocks: 1 game

Crimson Idol: 1 game

FreddySM14: 2 games

Gretchen27: 2 games

kingofbattle8174: 1 game

Myu: 1 game

Psy-Tychist: 2 games

xEl_Cidx: 1 game

Total: 11 games (-6)

Oldest Game Completed: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy [5 years, 1 week] xEl_Cidx

Rarest Platinum: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (4.12%) FreddySM14

Rarest 100%: Contrast (34.22%) Psy-Tychist

@Crimson Idol Yeah I learned my lesson, I'll look at the dates instead of the report time. What word/games are you going for? 

@FreddySM14 Nooo...Did you at least look up a let's play or walkthrough of the DLC? It certainly was nice to play after the main game (*cough* that ending). Gameplay mechanics were completely different though. You really had to rely on Pigsy's gadgets & pick off enemies instead of just jumping into a fight. The story was very Pigsy-like as well ?

& congrats on the AC marathon! 

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

What word/games are you going for? 

As I have a lack of games with vowels as first letter that I'm currently interested in playing or finishing, I decided to go for simple 3-letter words like son with the games being
Sundered

Owlboy

Nier Automata

But thanks to my recent purchases Icey (US-sale), and Need for Speed: Payback (due to enjoying Most Wanted) I might go for some other words or swap letters. But honestly I'm glad that there's no need to don't have to settle for a word before the end of the event. Due to my habit of jumping back and forth this would turn out bad otherwise. :angel:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

As I have a lack of games with vowels as first letter that I'm currently interested in playing or finishing, I decided to go for simple 3-letter words like son with the games being
Sundered

Owlboy

Nier Automata

But thanks to my recent purchases Icey (US-sale), and Need for Speed: Payback (due to enjoying Most Wanted) I might go for some other words or swap letters. But honestly I'm glad that there's no need to don't have to settle for a word before the end of the event. Due to my habit of jumping back and forth this would turn out bad otherwise. :angel:

Nier & NFS sound like great choices, I’m not familiar with the other three. I’m sure you’ll have a longer word by the end of it (never know when a good flash sale comes along). & like you said, you might just continuing switching games up ;) but as long as you enjoy the games that’s all that matters.

• Like 1