“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

@Gretchen27 hey, so this being my last active month, can you remove the four games in my “Games Planned for Event” section and replace them with a single game “The Last of Us Part 2” it was one of the most emotional games I’ve played in 2020. I absolutely loved this game so much, after December 20th it will become 6 months since the first trophy. Being so, since I loved that game as much as I did, and I have absolutely loved this backlog event, everyone was so supportive and this is the sort of environment I think everyone deserves to have in their life, I figured I’d go out with a strong selection. After completion I will post why I enjoyed the game, and why I chose it as my last for the year and possibly the near future. 

As a second point I would like to congratulate everyone who has been able to keep up the completion. I suggested the challenge almost as a personal achievement to myself, and I am glad to see everyone who has stuck through it with me, we have one more month to go in this year, 2020 hasn’t been easy for us all, but let’s finish it strong! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Congrats on plat #700! You should treat yourself with something new. Like The Last of Us 2 (hint hint), or Ghost of Tsushima (no personal experience, heard good things).

Thanks @Gretchen27! I didn't want to make a big deal of 700 but it was a nice number to hit before the end of the year. Still trying to debate what I want to do next. I may get the Arms Race DLC trophies out of the way for Borderlands 3. Except, I really hate that mode. Take my character that I love to play, strip him of everything that makes him fun, and force me to use crap weapons. Tis why I do not like Battle Royale games...

As for The Last of Us Part II, I do have my reservations. I did..... not.... like the first game on PS3. There, I said it. I always said I would go back and try it again with the remastered version on PS4 but still haven't done it. Plus, the first one has MP that I hated and would have to play in order to get 100%. I may just skip right to Part II, which doesn't have MP right now thankfully.

Cyberpunk 2077 is another game I am actually looking forward to but I haven't seen the trophy list yet. So not sure how hard or time consuming the platinum will be just yet. I will play it, I just like to get a sense of how much time or frustration is going to be required.

I should also go back to my PS3 and finish up Saint's Row the Third and Sleeping Dogs (among others). Two games I know I can finish and get off my backlog. It's tough going back to PS3 though. Not having that automatic standby available, if I need to turn off my system on short notice...

Edit: heh, an hour after I posted this the Cyberpunk trophy list showed up. No difficulty trophy, just seems like a "complete every damn thing in the game" list. AKA, a time sink, which is fine by me ?

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 3

@Kishnabe

Alrighty, welcome then! I'll add a section for you in the OP.

@Fnee2000

No worries, I didn't think the first one was perfect either. I was invested in the story, loved it. But it had some frustrating sections, like the gym & the factory. The fights were enclosed in such small areas it was just a matter of replaying for a flawless run. I wasn't complaining on Grounded because that's what I signed up for, even on normal though I remember struggling. & for me that kind of broke up the pacing. We don't even need to go over online. ND likes to prolong the online grind for its games.

That being said, Part II does have its parallels. A lot in fact if you're looking hard enough. Sort of how Lost Legacy was a greatest hits showcase of Uncharted games. I felt they tweaked them enough to call it improvement. Just speaking from my normal playthrough, I didn't have any crunch spots I was stuck at for a long time. Sure I had stupid deaths & boss battle ones, it was on even keel though. Bonus if you consider this plat has no difficulty requirement (100% does).

You might like Part II better. The areas are large enough to play your own way & it's really paced out. Don't expect to finish it in a weekend though.

Well looking at your whole unplayed backlog, there's no shortage of choices. Returning to the PS3 won't be that much of a hassle depending on the game. Maybe try looking for one that lets you save frequently. In the long run, losing a few minutes progress isn't so bad compared to no progress.

Cyberpunk has been on everyone's radar. Funny how that timing works. It's got like 2 days left now for release. I'll still have to learn a bit more before I consider playing. First person games + me = headaches. So it'll have to be pretty amazing to justify getting it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

@Fnee2000

No worries, I didn't think the first one was perfect either. I was invested in the story, loved it. But it had some frustrating sections, like the gym & the factory. The fights were enclosed in such small areas it was just a matter of replaying for a flawless run. I wasn't complaining on Grounded because that's what I signed up for, even on normal though I remember struggling. & for me that kind of broke up the pacing. We don't even need to go over online. ND likes to prolong the online grind for its games.

That being said, Part II does have its parallels. A lot in fact if you're looking hard enough. Sort of how Lost Legacy was a greatest hits showcase of Uncharted games. I felt they tweaked them enough to call it improvement. Just speaking from my normal playthrough, I didn't have any crunch spots I was stuck at for a long time. Sure I had stupid deaths & boss battle ones, it was on even keel though. Bonus if you consider this plat has no difficulty requirement (100% does).

You might like Part II better. The areas are large enough to play your own way & it's really paced out. Don't expect to finish it in a weekend though.

I'm yet to go trought it again for the perma death mode, but It most certainly has it flaws and some lovely moments. If u liked the combat section of the first game you are in for a treat, if u liked the story then it's a coin toss wether or not you like it or you don't. The graphics do look lovely tho and I think it is easier in part 2 then the grounded part 1 where you could hardly find any bullets at all. 

I'm a serial game buyer but not so much a serial gamer which leads to a pretty large backlog.

Currently I have about 150 games that I either played 2 minutes of then forgot about or I bought them as a great deal and then never touched them.

Since its the end of the year I might as well join in now. 

• Like 3

over the last few days I have made a bit of a dent in the PS4  Minecraft extras: have knocked over expansions/dlc's 1,3,4,6,7,8,9 & 13. 

Taking it to 5 years & 7 months thus far, want to finish them all before claiming completion though, so will probably be 13 years by then, lol

Edited by damage_6-9
Typo
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Phantochi said:

I thought i was done for this month, but i ended up getting my ps3 back last week so i did a ArcSystem marathon and finally cleared my ps3 backlog, now he's oficially retired

That^ - is my goal as well to clear all PS3 games.

I have so many PS4 games to play, but don't want to start them as I've been making dents into my PS3 backlog.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xEl_Cidx said:

That^ - is my goal as well to clear all PS3 games.

I have so many PS4 games to play, but don't want to start them as I've been making dents into my PS3 backlog.

Awesome, i see that you're going for some of them, good luck with that :)

My ps3 backlog wasn't that big, but still feels great to see all my ps3 games finally done

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Phantochi said:

I thought i was done for this month, but i ended up getting my ps3 back last week so i did a ArcSystem marathon and finally cleared my ps3 backlog, now he's oficially retired

S984e87.png
All 51 Trophies
9th December 2020  Platinum in 5 years, 1 month

S090650.png
All 43 Trophies
11th December 2020  Platinum in 3 years, 3 months

Sfb8f0b.png
All 48 Trophies
12th December 2020  Platinum in 2 years, 10 months

I'm super happy to be done with those games, but i don't want to see a fighting game for the next month or so

Amazing job on your platinum trophies for those tough fighting games that is very impressive congratulations keep it up!!!!

• Like 1