“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

1 hour ago, HeyaBen said:

This sounds great! I did not see instructions on how to sign up, but I am pretty blind so I may have missed it. So how do I sign up and what do I need to do to get started?

You just say you want to joinand then start reporting games that you finished agter at least 6 months
everything finished in the month of your entry counts even if it was finished before your sign in date in that month

• Like 1

@HeyaBen All the info you need to know is in The Rules section at the beginning of the thread. The core info you asked for is as follows:

On 5/4/2018 at 9:57 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Any unfinished game that has been on your gamercard for at least 6 months with at least one trophy is allowed, regardless of completion percentage. The main idea here is to get through the story but if you're a completionist and want to focus on that, that's allowed as well, even if there's only one trophy in the game left to pop. (As a trophy hunter/completionist, I personally encourage to try for the plat/100% - Zan) If it's been on your card for longer than 6 months, it's allowed for the event.

The main idea is to finish games you already started, not games you have yet to start. Unless you want to tag a trophy or all but one and get the platinum after 6 months... 

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

@HeyaBen All the info you need to know is in The Rules section at the beginning of the thread. The core info you asked for is as follows:

The main idea is to finish games you already started, not games you have yet to start. Unless you want to tag a trophy or all but one and get the platinum after 6 months... 

Oh I was under the impression I had to "sign up" somewhere. So what do I just post the game here when I finish it?

• Like 1

Friday update. What a goddamn week this has been. This weekend is very very welcome.

I made good chunk of progress with Rogue Galaxy this week pushing completion from 43% up to 62%. I'm aiming for the Platinum this weekend if I knuckle down and get the mini-games and post game grind done. The weather is going to be cold and icy over the weekend so it's a perfect opportunity to queue up some audiobooks, podcasts and TV shows and grind out levels in this classic game :) Cosy mode, activate!

I hope everyone manages to have a nice weekend. I'm starting mine with beer and pizza!

Spoiler

December 2020 > Hand of Fate > COMPLETE

[First trophy - 19 Feb 2015]

Jan 2021 > Rogue Galaxy > IN PROGRESS - 43% > 62%

[First trophy - 25 Dec 2015]

Feb 2021 > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

[First trophy - 5 Sep 2015]

March 2021 > Bloodborne

[First trophy - 12 Jan 2016]

April 2021 > Dark Cloud 2

[First trophy - 13 Feb 2016]

May 2021 > Digimon Story: Cybersleuth

[First trophy - 17 Feb 2016]

Jun 2021 > Firewatch

[First trophy - 6th Mar 2016]

Jul 2021 > Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition

[First trophy - 28 Mar 2016]

Aug 2021 > Tearaway Unfolded

[First trophy - 2 Apr 2016]

Sept 2021 > Dark Souls 3

[First trophy - 13 Apr 2016]

Oct 2021 > Just Cause 3

[First trophy - 19 Jun 2016]

Nov 2021 > Divinity: Original Sin

[First trophy - 14 Aug 2016]

Dec 2021 > Beyond: Two Souls

[First trophy - 16 May 2017]

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Crispy_Oglop, how did you get on with Endless Mode in Hand of Fate, I seem to keep falling around Level 9 (which is terrible I know). I know that I can do most of the rest with a little work, but that seems to be not gelling with me.

Endless mode was quite a pain really, I tried it a few times as I was going for the 100% but kept failing. Only way I could do it was to leave it to the very last minute once i'd unlocked all of the main game and Wildcards DLC tokens. There are a few cards in there that make things way more bearable. The Endless mode trophy is also one of the few trophies you can do on Adventurer difficulty too :)

2 hours ago, Aviditas90 said:

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (14,99%)

Platinum
6 years, 10 months, 4 weeks
10th Jan 2021
5:55:44 PM

So my First for this Event and i"m already kind of proud to finally work on my backlog. 

Had more fun with the game than I expected and I kinda wonder why they gave up the franchise. 

There are not that many third person shooter out there and I could imagine there would be enough people being happy about another Army of Two game. 

Well let's go to the next game. Guess I'll finish up Saints row 4 since I already did the ps4 version years ago and had a lot of fun with it. 

Good stuff getting on the board.

You do have a lot of games in your backlog, and a good few of them can be cleaned up in a day or so quite easily. I think you'll do well this year.

• Like 1

I'm super new to the challenge, but it's been great so far. I don't think I can answer the questions referenced above as completely as someone who spent the majority of the 2020 with it, but i'll answer as best I can.

A game I was most proud of finishing in 2020? - Hand of Fate (Platinum+100%) & Battleborn (Platinum)

Hand of Fate - thanks to the challenge - it motivated and focused me into getting the Platinum + 100%, which I honestly thought I would never achieve. I'm looking forward to carrying on with my list this year too and bringing my completion up a little closer to the 90% mark.

Battleborn isn't part of the challenge, but I think it would have been had I started earlier in the year. It is being completely shut down on January 25th, after which time it will technically no longer exist anywhere. It's 100% online, so when they shut the servers down in a week or two, that's it. I put 100+ hours into getting the platinum for this earlier on in the year using a mix of solo and second controller boosting. I'm going to go for as many of the DLC trophies over the next week or so. Such a shame, this game had a huge amount of potential.

Did I help anyone or receive any help?:

@bruin-rocks - Offered some help in advance with Divinity:Original Sin, when I start that later on this year which was really nice of him. In terms of me helping others, I haven't had enough time or similar games in the challenge to do so yet, but will hopefully get the opportunity for the rest of the year.

A Memorable Moment from 2020?

I tried a genre of games I thought I would never get into or enjoy and it turned out to be something I ended up loving - Visual Novels. Danganronpa 1 & 2 were gaming highlights for me and I plan on exploring the genre even further this year.

• Like 3

Rogue Galaxy is taking way, way longer than I thought it would. I have one trophy to get which is to win the S-Rank Insectron tournament. For those unaware - Insectron is basically like a pet raising and battling mini-game which has some chess vibes to it. The rules are pretty straightforward, but it is taking much longer than originally planned. I'm 5 Insectron matches away from the platinum but I need to level up the stats of my team a little more I think, because the final matches are quite the difficulty spike.

I was going to jump into Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel right after this as part of another challenge i'm participating in, but I might actually get back on the platinum journey for Yakuza 5 instead as it has been hanging around for ages now.

Have a good one everyone and take care of yourselves in these weird times.

21 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

First backlog game of the year platinumed. Was a long time coming for this one. I forgot just how much busy work there was in the Saints Row games. It was a fun ride, story was... oh who am I kidding, no one plays this for the story. Anyway, off to try to complete the DLC...

Congrats on the Platinum! I'd love to see another Saint's Row game in future.

6 hours ago, Aviditas90 said:
Sf72d33.png
All 51 Trophies
17th January 2021  Platinum in 6 years, 10 months

Another one done. Guess I'll work on something longer next. 

Finishing at least 1 PS3 game per month is my goal and I guess I should keep some of the fast games for later this year. 

Tis good to tick off the older listings.

You have several games that would be fun and in the longer catagory such as God of War 3, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, L.A Noire, Heavy Rain, Darksiders, Dead Space, PoP: Sands of Time to name but a few.

But hey, that would be my list.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Tis good to tick off the older listings.

You have several games that would be fun and in the longer catagory such as God of War 3, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, L.A Noire, Heavy Rain, Darksiders, Dead Space, PoP: Sands of Time to name but a few.

But hey, that would be my list.

Trying to get rid of all my PS3 backlog expect for games that are unobtainable. Darksiders is definitly one of the next few titles. 

Definitely have to play the prince of percia games. Really liked them from what I've seen. 

For now I guess I'll work a little on the 80hours+ plats so I might as well finish some of them someday 

• Like 1