“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Finally got through flOw and increased by UR count for the year by 6!

All 14 Trophies
21st February 2021  Completed in 4 years, 2 months

Rarity: 2.63%

Onto Neon Chrome and Hand of Fate!

Was flOw as hard as the rarity suggests? I think I have to finish it as well but I’m always put off by it. I’m trying to get to 600 Ultra Rare trophies, so might just knock it out anyway. 

@bruin-rocks It's not hard by comparison to some of the games you've played to completion. I think the hardest part is the 'Cannibalism' trophy because when you eat the bigger creatures, they turn into food and gems and you can inadvertently eat one piece of food as you 'kill' the bigger creature.

With what you have left though, you can knock out most of the list in one sitting. The friendship trophy just involves you getting to the second last layer and changing the controller number and spawning a new creature each time until you have four and then going down to the last layer.

A quick update since I haven't been particularly active in the last little bit. I managed to make a list of games to start with and go from there. 

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 

Spyro 2 Riptos Rage

Red Dead Redemption 2

Borderlands GOTY

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Borderlands 2

Borderlands 3

Detroit Become Human

Kingdom Hearts 3

Arkham City

Arkham Knight

Monster Hunter World

Final Fantasy Type 0

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XV

Destiny

Dark Souls 3

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 10:53 AM, SunkenQueen said:

A quick update since I haven't been particularly active in the last little bit. I managed to make a list of games to start with and go from there. 

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 

Spyro 2 Riptos Rage

Red Dead Redemption 2

Borderlands GOTY

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Borderlands 2

Borderlands 3

Detroit Become Human

Kingdom Hearts 3

Arkham City

Arkham Knight

Monster Hunter World

Final Fantasy Type 0

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XV

Destiny

Dark Souls 3

Looks like I can make an edit to my own list. I spent a few hours over the last couple days and managed to knock the remaining trophies out for that!

Next I'll be looking at completing the DLC for Witcher 3

5 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Got your inactive completions added in. It boosted you to a gold rank for 2020, nice!

Thanks for fixing my spelling error and also adding all the other games I’ve played :D

Going for a platinum this year. 

Remind me again, the streak challenge is doing a game every single month?

If so, count me in. 

Already planned to do Minecraft PS3 with @Fnee2000 this weekend, or at least this month. Depending on availability. 

EDIT:

Adding a small list of things I have planned for this year if you want to include in the the first post :)

• Skyrim (PS3) - Get the glichy Daedra trophy and the platinum for that, also DLC stuff
  • Ark (PS4) - I'm just going to use the console commands for this, one of the games I've started on PC after buying the console version. Not as fun on console playing "legit" as on PC.
  • Dying Light 100% - all the DLC stuff with Fnee and the Parkour stuff that's better done solo
  • Witcher 3 complete edition - that's a big maybe, it's planned as platinum #600 let's see if I can reach that goal this year.
  • F1 2020 - mostly career mode things, but done fairly quick with 5 lap races.
  • Heavy Rain
Edited by JayDeLosDioses
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

@IGUnique

100%ing Uncharted 4 ^^ I remember finishing the …It trophy fondly. Nice work on Battlefront as well, you lucked out with finding boosting partners.

Oh man, me and a friend tried to do crushing it... on our own, but holy cows it is difficult if you don't stealth kill the warlords. Now we where getting carried big time. 

There is actually still an active community on discord with over 1000+ people still playing Battlefront, If anyone needs Battlefront trophies just join the discord and go for it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Remind me again, the streak challenge is doing a game every single month?

If so, count me in. 

Yep, the streak challenge is one unique game a month. It's a little stricter than average:
The game's platinum must be earned
OR
100% a non platinum game
OR
100% a game you've already earned the platinum for, every single DLC pack completed.

What doesn't count, but may for the normal event:
Completing the story
Completing just 1 DLC pack
Repeating a game [Ex: No counting Killing Floor multiple times for streak completion. Or earning the platinum say in Borderlands one month, & trying to count it twice the next by finishing the DLC.]

But you typically have unique games, so I think you can pull it off this year. I will add you to the section & your planned games next update!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Completing the story
Repeating a game [Ex: No counting Killing Floor multiple times for streak completion. Or earning the platinum say in Borderlands one month, & trying to count it twice the next by finishing the DLC.]

I'll make a few examples, just to be sure I've got it right ?

Letter Quest Remastered is okay, because it's a 100% game

Skyrim platinum is okay, because platinum, duh. BUT Skyrim 100% a month later isn't because of the platinum already.

Minecraft PS3 is fine, because it's "not the same" as Minecraft PS4 and therefore unique. Yes?

Or more generally said, as long as it's a new trophy list, it's a unique game? Region stacks for example?

Not that the region / version stacking really matters. I have enough to do without it :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

I'll make a few examples, just to be sure I've got it right 1f605.png

Letter Quest Remastered is okay, because it's a 100% game

Skyrim platinum is okay, because platinum, duh. BUT Skyrim 100% a month later isn't because of the platinum already.

Correct.

1 hour ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Minecraft PS3 is fine, because it's "not the same" as Minecraft PS4 and therefore unique. Yes?

Or more generally said, as long as it's a new trophy list, it's a unique game? Region stacks for example?

Not that the region / version stacking really matters. I have enough to do without it :D

Stacks are tricky to base on, I was hoping it wouldn't come up. I'm going to say they are okay done legit. Auto-popping trophies really isn't fooling anyone, but I don't know all the games that allow for that. With the few stacks I have (like the Uncharted games) you started from scratch. So if Minecraft works like that, go for it. Games are meant to be unique for the year. So if you did the PS4 version last year & are just getting around to the PS3 this year, it's fine. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Stacks are tricky to base on, I was hoping it wouldn't come up. I'm going to say they are okay done legit. Auto-popping trophies really isn't fooling anyone, but I don't know all the games that allow for that. With the few stacks I have (like the Uncharted games) you started from scratch. So if Minecraft works like that, go for it. Games are meant to be unique for the year. So if you did the PS4 version last year & are just getting around to the PS3 this year, it's fine. 

I don't autopop games in general, so that's fine. Just not my kind of thing.

I don't mind using glitched or exploits for games at all, probably because they still require some effort, while auto unlocking is just starting something.

Good that most of my stacks are done for specific milestones and rarely take longer than 6 months to do :D

We'll talk about that again whenever it comes up practically and not theoretically?

• Like 1

@Gretchen27

I'm planning to try for a streak. Been attempting and failing to get my completion over 80% for years and it's so close... *grabby hands*

Spoiler

Se08032.png S7ebc7f.png

January              February               March                  April                    May                   June   

July                   August            September            October            November           December

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Folks, I’ve lost the plot somewhat, so remind me again whose in on the streak challenge? Going off normal backlog progress, I’m thinking: @Aviditas90, @Berendsapje@damage_6-9, @JayDeLosDioses, @Kishnabe would do well in it. Not saying you have to, but we can’t leave Fnee2000 & lch1994-lch1994 take up the gauntlet by themselves.

Monthly Summary:

February

Games Completed by Participant:

Aviditas: 1 game

Berendsapje: 1 game 

bruin-rocks: 2 games  

damage_6-9: 1 game

Fnee2000: 1 game

Gretchen27: 1 game

IGUnique: 2 games 

Ilzaki: 1 game

JayDeLosDioses: 3 games

kingofbattle8174: 1 game

King Hayes: 1 game

Kishnabe: 5 games

lch1994-1994: 2 games

Psy-Tychist: 1 game

SunkenQueen: 1 game

Sylaris: 1 game

TomoTakino: 1 game

Zbir_Vladimir: 2 games

Total: 

28 games (-5)

Oldest Game Completed: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 [7 years, 6 months] King Hayes

Youngest Game Completed: Unravel [6 months, 2 days] Sylaris

Rarest Platinum: Mercenary Kings (1.39%) bruin-rocks

Rarest 100%: flOw (2.63%) Psy-Tychist

Absolute Rarity: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (0.82%) IGUnique

When I read that it nearly gave me a heart attack. Nah, you don’t want to list all those out. I’d be scrolling through the OP for days every update.

Got your inactive completions added in. It boosted you to a gold rank for 2020, nice!

@Zbir_Vladimir

Welcome to the event!

We count games here by the month from sign up. So any completions from February onwards are eligible.

@TomoTakino

Congrats finishing Yakuza 0! I think that one’s supposed to be the toughest.

@IGUnique

100%ing Uncharted 4 ^^ I remember finishing the …It trophy fondly. Nice work on Battlefront as well, you lucked out with finding boosting partners.

No worries, you’re doing great playing through your backlog. One at a time doesn’t have to be done by the month.

I look forward to reading your final thoughts on Observation. Sci-fi is my go to genre, so I might have to look into that one.

No! You can’t sell a precious Vita, there’s plenty of life left.

@SunkenQueen

@ me here if you get stuck on an Elder Dragon or something in Monster Hunter World. I’ve been feeling like jumping back into Iceborne here soon, & could help.

& congrats on completing your first game! Think you forget to list it in your post.

I was able to fit in another last minute game this past month with NieR: Automata at 1 year, 2 months. Rarity 30.80%. Automata is an unconventional RPG that has no issue switching characters, perspectives, camera angles, or even gameplay mechanics. It does its own thing, & it does it rather well. In total, it took me 41hrs to earn the platinum. 36 of which were spent finishing the story in my usual slow fashion of ‘must talk to everyone & try every side quest.’ So it’s taken me some time to finally clear it, but here we are.

I saved this game for a milestone because I enjoyed it so much. One minute you’re playing a hack ‘n slash, then get dropped into another character whose specialty is a hacking mini game that’s basically a shooter. The story had many moving parts that slowly wove themselves together. I enjoyed my time playing through the story, I did not enjoy the journey to platinum.

Finding all weapons/equipment & maxing them out. Fine. Have a character run around pantsless for an hour/look up the dress of another 10xs. Awkward fan service plug, but alright. 26 endings from A-Z though, was ridiculous. The part that irritated me most was the bullet hell credit sequence. It’s not my specialty, & since I play mostly offline, it was impossible to get through without the online resource feature (which I did end up having to update the patch & access). Also, the trophy shop was a blessing, especially for the 100 body trophy.

On deck: who knows? Probably Papers, Please on the Vita since I’m doing KYC this month with a mostly Vita lineup. It’s doubtful I’ll finish it in March because I might be starting a new job by then. Fingers crossed & we’ll see.

You could definitely sign me up for the streak challenge since 1 game / month is definitely my goal and should be doable. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Yep, the streak challenge is one unique game a month. It's a little stricter than average:
The game's platinum must be earned
OR
100% a non platinum game
OR
100% a game you've already earned the platinum for, every single DLC pack completed.

Completing the story

But you typically have unique games, so I think you can pull it off this year. I will add you to the section & your planned games next update!

Dies completing just 1 dlc count for the normal project? I thought with elf You anyway Always have to finish all of them

4 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Dies completing just 1 dlc count for the normal project? I thought with elf You anyway Always have to finish all of them

That was the original idea intended, but sometimes people count 1 DLC for the month. This was debated I think a few years ago with regards to the Batman: Arkham Knight game. If you're not familiar with its trophy list, basically it's 100+ trophies with a ton of DLC packs. & most of them are not easy or quick to complete. There's story ones, combat challenges, & driving challenges. & in that case, the person decided to count completing the DLC related to the challenge they were good at for the month.  

I've used it for 2015's Need for Speed, finishing all the DLC except the speedlist one (which I'll likely never finish before the servers go). 

My view on it is I'm not here to judge what you choose to count as progress in that regard because I don't know much time you have to game. Some DLCs are easy, hard, luck based, & that doesn't always correlate to what each person can get around to finishing. Up to you what you think is deserving a count. But the streak challenge is just that, a challenge. Gotta do your best there & truly put a nail in that backlog coffin.