“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

Reminder for everyone: the submission form for April will be closed in about a week, on May 3rd. Try & have your completions logged in before then if you can. Link.

Ironically, it's looking like I won't get a chance to use the form myself this month. Starting those handful of games for KYC has, as usual, made picking what to play next difficult. Probably didn't help when I recently bought Animal Crossing :dunno:

I'm chipping my way through LEGO Harry Potter, which is doing its best to be my least favorite LEGO game. Slim chance I'll have it finished by Friday though. 

8 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

I'm chipping my way through LEGO Harry Potter, which is doing its best to be my least favorite LEGO game

IMO, LEGO games are exactly like the LEGO sets to build. They're getting worse every year with one hidden gem sometimes.

All of the LEGO [Insert Hero Franchise] games are dull, repetitive and grindy.

Star Wars The Complete Saga is still the best game I've played. No voiced characters, no open world grind collectibles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Before I write a short summary about the game can I just take a moment to say how AMAZING the soundtrack is?

Every time you launch the game you get Paradise City as menu song.

You get Killswitch Engage, Route 66 by Depeche Mode. Only thing I've disabled are the classical songs.

Oh and of course: HEY! HEY! YOU! YOU! I don't like your girlfriend! NO WAY! NO WAY! I think you need a new one!

i can only agree. the original i played alot on my friends xbox and it was one of my first games when i finally got my own ps3. back in the day i even finished all the online challanges for that p12 diamond. sadly the online progress is saved local i and lost my savefile at one point and in the remastered i never found enough players to finish all the challanges. 
Anyway soundtrack is awesome!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Hey, congratulations on the streak, I think you might have the longest streak in the event, don’t beat yourself up though, I wasn’t able to complete a game for April either, for pretty much the same reasons, life has been busy so many things are happening in my life at once I just didn’t have time to get into my games, my desire to play games has been low since the beginning of the year, I was hoping I could still keep a game a month, but I failed my own challenge, my PS3 cant connect to the internet anymore for some reason so all those backlog games are locked out now, and I’ve been playing Sonic Racing Transformed on Vita, I’m loving it, but I only do a couple races a day so it’s slow progress, and I’ll hopefully finish Player Unknown Battlegrounds but that game is a huge drag. 

try to pull the plug an plug back in. worked on my ps3 at least

3 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

try to pull the plug an plug back in. worked on my ps3 at least

Tried everything, my PS3 was a day one purchase, so it’s probably about time I pack her away anyway. Ethernet cable won’t work, tried restarting the router, tried resetting PS3 to factory settings. You name it, I’ve tried it. 

15 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Hey there!  Sorry for the lack of updates but I got a platinum for May:

S1021d7.png
54 of 61 Trophies
6th May 2021  Platinum in 4 years, 4 months

I love this game but I doubt I will be able to 100% the DLC trophies just because of the multiplayer time commitment (and I would need 6 other players and the game is dead).  Still, I really enjoy this game and I will still try my best to finish it.

There's a gaming session for dlc now, maybe try joining.

And yep, that's a really good game. I have Vita version to finish (thankfully no dlcs there)

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 6:24 AM, Zbir_Vladimir said:

@Gretchen27

Ehh, couldn't really find time to update and did not saw your 'deadline' earlier.

Completed 3 games, if it's too late its too late but I will at the very least post them here:

No worries, I'll add them to your section during the next update. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 11:18 AM, Aviditas90 said:

Also i really wanna jump into a series of games. Thinking about Resident Evil or Uncharted since i have most of the games in my backlog or at least own them but never earned a trophy which kinda is a shame. 

Those are tough to choose between, both series are great for different reasons. I'd put a vote down to suggest Lost Legacy if you end up playing Uncharted; or, one of the Revelations games for Resident Evil. 

& who knows, maybe the kitties will make great gaming buddies ?

• Like 1