“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

12 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Looks like I'm only going to finish one game this month.

Depression setbacks are kicking in hard, no real help either that my usual therapist went on vacation for two weeks and the replacement guy, I don't trust him enough to really wanna talk about myself.

Not even a game prepared for next month yet.

It's F1 2020 or Demon's Souls though, I'm pretty sure about that. Maybe both.

Been mostly playing newer games, not wanting to go back to the past really.

Just curious but any reason you haven't finished up AC2 or Wolfenstein? Both you've got most of the work done and just need cleanup or finishing the campaign. 

If you wanted a quick game, Gorogoa and SteinsGate0 should be easily finishable within the month. The former can take as little as 2 hours to finish.

Depressive bouts suck, but I know you can get the streak for the year. Keep pushing bud, you can do this.

• Like 3

Nothing to report again for this month. I seem to be stuck in a no games completed streak. LEGO HP is still too mind-numbingly boring to handle for more than a level or two at a time.

& really, the only games holding my interest at the moment are Gran Turismo Sport (which will surely fall into the backlog, & likely never be finished). It's a spectacular racing sim, tough as nails though. But I did manage an online win after 55 races, & then another. Only 67 more or so for the trophy. Sounds like a great ratio. 

Spoiler

Gran-Turismo-SPORT-20210523200948.jpg
All jokes aside, I was proud to start winning. Either that, or I wasted a miracle.

Also, been reading Danganronpa during my lunch breaks. Up to chapter 4 now. & checking up on my island in Animal Crossing. I could spend a whole day there, but I'm limiting myself to half hour chunks. Can't spend all my time in one game.

Spoiler

2021052719182800-02-CB906-EA538-A35643-C

Or can I?

This month I'm going to try & focus on something refreshing in the backlog, like Crash Bandicoot or The Evil Within 2. Best of luck on all of your backlogs. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just curious but any reason you haven't finished up AC2 or Wolfenstein? Both you've got most of the work done and just need cleanup or finishing the campaign. 

If you wanted a quick game, Gorogoa and SteinsGate0 should be easily finishable within the month. The former can take as little as 2 hours to finish

AC2:

Was played on my first PS3 when I was young. That broke down eventually. I've got a new one but I need to play every game from the beginning again because I don't have backups. 

Wolfenstein:

The game was just okay, not really special. It's also heavily censored and cut here in Germany. That's a game from before they've changed the rules about portraiing Nazi Germany. And earlier censoring was pretty hard. In Stick of Truth they've  changed "Sieg Heil" to "Hallo Freund" (Hello Friend). It's not as bad in Wolfenstein but still... it's not the same.

SteinsGate and Gorogoa:

I don't know why, but both games confuse me even with a guide, so everytime I start them I get like 10% progress and stop again because I messed something up.

But Demon's Souls should be easily done in a month too. It's not that hard and pretty short.

7 minutes ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

AC2:

Was played on my first PS3 when I was young. That broke down eventually. I've got a new one but I need to play every game from the beginning again because I don't have backups. 

Wolfenstein:

The game was just okay, not really special. It's also heavily censored and cut here in Germany. That's a game from before they've changed the rules about portraiing Nazi Germany. And earlier censoring was pretty hard. In Stick of Truth they've  changed "Sieg Heil" to "Hallo Freund" (Hello Friend). It's not as bad in Wolfenstein but still... it's not the same.

SteinsGate and Gorogoa:

I don't know why, but both games confuse me even with a guide, so everytime I start them I get like 10% progress and stop again because I messed something up.

But Demon's Souls should be easily done in a month too. It's not that hard and pretty short.

you can try to get a austrian copy. i mean its also censored to some extend (the unwanted symbols are also forbidden here^^) but we do not have censored violence. dont know exactly how it was in wolfenstein but i remember from  the zombiemode in Call of duty that i coulndt play with german friends because they had a violence censored version.

I thought it is time to say something since I am not gone.... well temporarily. I finally managed to finish the online stuff from FC2 :D still have to do the single-player but hey... one game less to worry about shutdowns. Currently playing BFV for fun and looking for a game to complete in the next months (most likely a PS3 game) so that I have at least a couple games completed this year.

• Like 1

Got absolutely nothing to show.

Started LBP2 when servers got back and effectively locked one of my systems when it appeared leaderboards are not updating (servers are now down again too).

Now I cant even properly use that ps3 because I don't want to sync the trophy list before I get entire online done.

Thought I might finish Little Deviants on Vita instead, did a lot of progress but its kinda hard and in the meantime Fall Guys glitch got discovered.

Did Infallible and decided I have to secure all the wins while my friends play which took next two weeks (way longer than I expected).

Always assumed in worst case I will just pop remaining trophies on Payday or Twisted Metal but I realised yesterday I have it on the same system as LBP2 :|

So yeah, I did badly. Will try to make up for it next month.

@Gretchen27

Not sure how much of help is that but there are some slower cars also in rotation.

Friend who finished that was getting most of his wins in those ones and just waiting till proper car appears

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir
  • Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 10:40 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Nothing to report again for this month. I seem to be stuck in a no games completed streak. LEGO HP is still too mind-numbingly boring to handle for more than a level or two at a time.

& really, the only games holding my interest at the moment are Gran Turismo Sport (which will surely fall into the backlog, & likely never be finished). It's a spectacular racing sim, tough as nails though. But I did manage an online win after 55 races, & then another. Only 67 more or so for the trophy. Sounds like a great ratio. 

Reveal hidden contents

All jokes aside, I was proud to start winning. Either that, or I wasted a miracle.

Also, been reading Danganronpa during my lunch breaks. Up to chapter 4 now. & checking up on my island in Animal Crossing. I could spend a whole day there, but I'm limiting myself to half hour chunks. Can't spend all my time in one game.

Reveal hidden contents

Or can I?

This month I'm going to try & focus on something refreshing in the backlog, like Crash Bandicoot or The Evil Within 2. Best of luck on all of your backlogs. 

Lego Harry Potter was horrible. I dont know how people love them so much. It was horrid.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 8:40 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Or can I?

I’ve also fell into the no games completed slump. I have very little motivation to play games at all, I’m slowly working through Sackboy A LittleBigAdventure, but I only play that with my sister. I want to get back into Sonic Racing on my Vita, but I can’t find my charger right now. Hopefully I will complete a game in June, we’ll see! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

I want to get back into Sonic Racing on my Vita, but I can’t find my charger right now. Hopefully I will complete a game in June, we’ll see! 

If you happen to have an old android phone or know somebody who does, their chargers work. Not the latest USB-C ones whatever the one was that came before it. Alternatively, I think you can take the PS4 controller's cable and use a wall adapter to make a charger for the Vita. I haven't really used the Sony one that much over the years and my Vita's been just fine with android chargers.

We can finish a game this month! Just gotta find something fun. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

If you happen to have an old android phone or know somebody who does, their chargers work. Not the latest USB-C ones whatever the one was that came before it. Alternatively, I think you can take the PS4 controller's cable and use a wall adapter to make a charger for the Vita. I haven't really used the Sony one that much over the years and my Vita's been just fine with android chargers.

We can finish a game this month! Just gotta find something fun. 

If i remember it right it depends on the vita gen. 

I just have in mind that my first vita annoyed me to death because it had some special charger. 

But my new vita totally worked fine with the android chargers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aviditas90 said:

If i remember it right it depends on the vita gen. 

I just have in mind that my first vita annoyed me to death because it had some special charger. 

But my new vita totally worked fine with the android chargers. 

Could be. I've got a 2000, so that version works with the android chargers. 

2 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Could be. I've got a 2000, so that version works with the android chargers. 

I have two Vita’s, the one with my Sonic save is my original Vita, and the charger is that stupid rectangle one that reminded me of the old iPhone chargers but bigger, and it had to be plugged into this little power box thing, then into the wall. I might just use my other Vita and start from scratch though. 

i have 2 vita 1000 i just prefer the screen on that one.

I just realized i made it below 100 unearned platinums! :D even tho i added 7 new games to my list lately by unhiding some and starting some. currently standing at 98 unearned platinums. 

of them  about 10-15 are unachieveable and another 5 need me to do stuff that i am not willing to do anymore^^ (inversion 600h of boosting with 6 people no thanks^^)
it kinda starts to feel like its possible to get my backlog done one day^^

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

i have 2 vita 1000 i just prefer the screen on that one.

I just realized i made it below 100 unearned platinums! :D even tho i added 7 new games to my list lately by unhiding some and starting some. currently standing at 98 unearned platinums. 

of them  about 10-15 are unachieveable and another 5 need me to do stuff that i am not willing to do anymore^^ (inversion 600h of boosting with 6 people no thanks^^)
it kinda starts to feel like its possible to get my backlog done one day^^

Just had a quick look at my Trophy Advisor..... don't think my backlog is shrinking too much anytime soon.

Now down to 1,030 unearned platinums ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

Just had a quick look at my Trophy Advisor..... don't think my backlog is shrinking too much anytime soon.

Now down to 1,030 unearned platinums 1f62e.png

with 2200 games in your profiles only 1000 unearned platinums is still kinda impressive^^

• Like 1

Got my June Entry in:

S5ee743.png
All 43 Trophies
4th June 2021  Platinum in 10 months, 2 weeks

I actually had playing this in short bits, not when fully grinding through it. Took around 30 hours or so using mostly 2xp days. 

Season 4 is giving more XP than Season 3 on 2XP days.

• Like 4

Hadn't done anything in the last 2 months due to a combination of only finishing recently started games and working on some long term projects, but I finally have another entry

S026171.png
All 24 Trophies
5th June 2021  Platinum in 6 years, 3 months

Coincidentally, this makes me the slowest achiever and the first achiever since the 30th of December ... of 2018.  

• Like 4

This is going to be a bit of a reflective post. I often wonder what strategies people have to deal with their backlogs. Just to put in into perspective, I've probably trophy hunted for 6 or so years on the ps4, if I had a guess. Despite this, I can't help but acknowledge how freaking long it takes to complete all these games especially when its hard to stop yourselves adding the latest new game etc. The worst my backlog hit was about 1000 trophies with 70 odd incomplete games on my profile (which compared to many is insignificant). Thanks to this event, ive been able to drop that to about 450 odd with close to 40 unfinished games. Ive been completing minimum one game a month for about 18 months now, and to keep continuing this it would take me another 3 years, which to be honest seems too long.

So more so to my question, do you guys do anything in particular to try and knock down your backlogs faster?

I've tried to complete a certain amount of games before I add new ones, but then I have my off days and add 3 so I didn't find it successful, I've also tried to say I could add games after a certain number of trophies but had much the same result.

Now when I feel the need to add games, I'll add something I know I can finish quickly just to kill the urge that doesn't hurt the backlog for too long.

The other thing I've been doing is to try and complete more than just the 1 games by the end of the calendar month because if I do that I'm forced to find something else horrendous to tackle for the month after.

Just some random thoughts but I'd be interested in how people like to tackle their backlogs.

• Like 2

When I first started playing PS3 I didn't think that much for trophies, that is why I have a few games that I played before or after MP servers were closed. All of that has changed now, before I play a PS3 game I make sure if the MP is still open, if not then I don't even start the game. 

I have more new games to play than on the backlog; but I have not started them yet as I tackle the backlog and this event has help me bring down my count of unfinished games and unearned trophies. After Sony announce that it was shutting down PS3 only to reverse their decision, has made me focus on PS3 games this year trying to get the MP trophies out of the way don't have much left but its still a work in progress. 

Each month I play a little of each game from the backlog as I have been decent on not adding to the backlog if I do play a new game I try to finish it before I start a new game all at the same time playing the games from the backlog so I keep chipping away slowly to the backlog.

• Like 2