Gretchen27

“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

2,261 posts in this topic

@Gretchen27 still here - just haven’t had any of my backlog qualify. Wreckfest was my most recent that was close, but that was a 5 month 3 week one. Trying to fit one final platinum in before year end

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2021 at 9:38 PM, Gretchen27 said:

 

@Gretchen27I posted games in July and August that appear to not have been added to my stats. I finished a game in October but didn't have time to post about it. Working on another game now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Askey said:

 

@Gretchen27I posted games in July and August that appear to not have been added to my stats. I finished a game in October but didn't have time to post about it. Working on another game now.

did you put them in the google form? there is one linked in the startin post that you should use

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:
S7e4208.png
All 30 Trophies
9th December 2021  Platinum in 1 year, 8 months

 

 

Well that's my streak completed, also my last trophy for this year.

Damn. I felt epic after completing Sniper Elite V2 in just eight years. Damage_6_9 completing Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure in under two years blew me out of the water.

 

I'm changing my location to "crying in fetal position under the desk". I don't think I can compete with this level of mastery in a mere 22 days! It took me eight years to get where I am now!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Askey said:

@Gretchen27I posted games in July and August that appear to not have been added to my stats. I finished a game in October but didn't have time to post about it. Working on another game now.

 

I'll search for them in the Form responses in case I missed them, but if they were not submitted, then no, they wouldn't have been added in. 

 

I've been considering updating the Form or creating a seperate one for situations like this. It'd could be useful for missed submissions or returning participants. 

 

On 12/8/2021 at 8:50 PM, HokieCAB said:

@Gretchen27 still here - just haven’t had any of my backlog qualify. Wreckfest was my most recent that was close, but that was a 5 month 3 week one. Trying to fit one final platinum in before year end

 

Alright, keep at it!

 

9 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Damn. I felt epic after completing Sniper Elite V2 in just eight years. Damage_6_9 completing Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure in under two years blew me out of the water.

 

I'm changing my location to "crying in fetal position under the desk". I don't think I can compete with this level of mastery in a mere 22 days! It took me eight years to get where I am now!

 

I would hope this comment was meant in good humor, & not as veiled disrespect. This is not a competitive event for openly demeaning judgement to be passed. Participants are required to be respectful here, as in the rest of the community. On this, I have zero tolerance. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2021 at 4:38 AM, Gretchen27 said:

I would hope this comment was meant in good humor, & not as veiled disrespect. This is not a competitive event for openly demeaning judgement to be passed. Participants are required to be respectful here, as in the rest of the community. On this, I have zero tolerance. 

All good fun! I thought that was clear from the context, but apparently not. damage__6_9 has completed 1,146 games to 100% completion; I have yet to hit 300. damage has 1,097 platinums; I have 232. He finished his game in less than two years; it took me over eight! I was poking fun at my finely honed skills of procrastination. Maybe I will finish one more game in the next 21 days, but I don't think so. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

All good fun! I thought that was clear from the context, but apparently not. damage__6_9 has completed 1,146 games to 100% completion; I have yet to hit 300. damage has 1,097 platinums; I have 232. He finished his game in less than two years; it took me over eight! I was poking fun at my finely honed skills of procrastination. Maybe I will finish one more game in the next 21 days, but I don't think so. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

 

@poetic_justice_ Didn't take it as anything other than a joke myself.... I too have procrastination down to an art form. Have 5 - 10 minute games that I can drag out for months, lol

 

Have mainly played short, ezpz games over the last few years due to working 12hr shifts, thus having little time or brain power to commit to longer games.

 

btw, thanks for reminding me of V2's existence in my backlog, really should have a crack at finishing it .... been sitting there for 9 years now. 🤔

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, damage_6-9 said:

 

@poetic_justice_ Didn't take it as anything other than a joke myself.... I too have procrastination down to an art form. Have 5 - 10 minute games that I can drag out for months, lol

 

Have mainly played short, ezpz games over the last few years due to working 12hr shifts, thus having little time or brain power to commit to longer games.

 

btw, thanks for reminding me of V2's existence in my backlog, really should have a crack at finishing it .... been sitting there for 9 years now. 1f914.png

V2 is a great little game. Like many games from that period, the developers were obsessed with collectibles. For whatever reason, Rebellion felt that a WWII sniper/stealth game required 100 gold bars and 37 red wine bottles. Thank God for YouTube and PowerPyx. If you have two PS3's you can complete all the co-op missions in Overwatch and Bombing Run solo, although it is more than 2X as fast to do it with another live humanoid.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

All good fun! I thought that was clear from the context, but apparently not. damage__6_9 has completed 1,146 games to 100% completion; I have yet to hit 300. damage has 1,097 platinums; I have 232. He finished his game in less than two years; it took me over eight! I was poking fun at my finely honed skills of procrastination. Maybe I will finish one more game in the next 21 days, but I don't think so. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

 

Good to hear, no worries then. I apologize for interpreting the comment harshly. After one to many intolerant encounters, I've lost my own patience because generally, gaming communities have not been friendly or appropriate to me. This forum has been the exception & I'd like it to stay that way. 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

 

Good to hear, no worries then. I apologize for interpreting the comment harshly. After one to many intolerant encounters, I've lost my own patience because generally, gaming communities have not been friendly or appropriate to me. This forum has been the exception & I'd like it to stay that way. 

It's all good. After running afoul of the "platinum elites" on this site and one other, I understand where you are coming from. Snarky attitudes ruin communities.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, King Hayes said:
Sa862cf.png
All 50 Trophies
15th December 2021  Platinum in 9 years, 5 months
P: 10.9%

 

Glad to have this one off the backlog, finally. Really enjoyed the story, for both the good and evil sides. This game was released back in '09 so the gameplay mechanics in some areas was super annoying, but overall really enjoyed it. Looking forward to completing the rest of the inFamous franchise.

Congrats. inFamous was a lot of fun, save for that one collectible shard that didn't show up on the mini-map because it was so high up the tower. For the time, the graphics were amazing.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I'm going to get any backlog games done this month 😓 Thought I was going to have lots of gaming time while bedridden post surgery, turns out surgery recovery is painful af and I've been doing nothing but sleeping this last week. If I ever get back to normal before the end of the month I might try to finish up The Grim Fandango. Gotta restart it to play on tank controls but I heard it's only about 3 hours long with a guide? 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Update for the Month

 

I'm gonna be traveling for the next two weeks pretty heavily, so I don't believe I'll get anything else done.  Below are the games I played this month, and my thoughts.

 

Welcome Park (Qualifies/Finished)- I really feel like they could have done a better job showcasing the Vita's special abilities, but then again, the gimmick's of the Vita are the things I like the least about it.  i haven't played much with the other features of it though so maybe I just forgot it was more fun than it is.

 

Ghost of Tsushima (Doesn't Qualify/Finished)- Loved this!

 

Freedom Wars (Qualifies/Won't Finish)- I don't like this game.  I tried, really.  This time was the time I put the most effort into it.  I don't like quest driven games, but honestly, had this been on the PS4, I think it would have stood a better chance.  Bad fit for the handheld, imo.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now