Release Date for Episode 2 (And Beyond)?

Coladar

Any word yet on the next content push for this title? I've been keeping my eye out these past few weeks, as we near two months post-release. Still nothing, and absolutely no info I could find as to the when we might expect this future content.

I'd have thought approaching some two months on and we'd have gotten Episode 2 by now - you figure there are going to be several such episodes released for it, so I wasn't exactly expecting some year long wait (or something along those lines) after Episode 1 came out to get to two. It'd be nice to resume this fairly intriguing story and well designed, even rather innovative, game, whilst still the story remains fresh in my mind. 

Particularly seeing as how I've already paid for it all, you always worry that the longer time marches on absent any updates, it might fall into the bin certain other episodic titles have: Either in the form of enduring outrageous wait times, or even the sheer and total abandonment of a title due to unanticipated financial/business realities in the interim between content, wherein a game is quite simply never finished at all. I felt somewhat reassured given the option to pay for it all up front was there that this wouldn't be like that -and still don't believe it possibly will be just so- yet all the very same, now two months on and still with zero word, hints or updates on Episode 2/further work on the title makes one feel slightly disconcerted, a fact made all the worse especially considering how much I enjoyed what game we've received thus far.

I won't start panicking until it's been 4+ months like this, meaning late July or early August, but some news now would sure be nice!

• 1 month later...

Seems like they'll be doing a Telltale like schedule, meaning roughly every 2-2.5 months.

So... July-ish for Episode 3.

October/November for Episode 4.

Episode 5, January 2019.                       

Disappointing that the whole thing wasn't pretty much ready to go, and we could've had it complete by the end of Summer. I am not sure whether I'll save it for when I can just run through everything all at once or not. I'm not a fan of a story this deep having such lengthy interludes in between, as you forget half of the context whilst playing, so I will probably be saving it all up until Episode 5 releases towards the end of the year.

• 4 weeks later...

Good timing on my part - was just coming to check to see if Ep. 3 had released yet, and whatta ya know, it releases just 50 minutes before my check-in! I was going to wait until Episode 5 (still haven't touched 2 yet.), but I don't think I will hold out any longer. I'll go ahead and do 2+3 now, then put off 4 until the final chapter, 5 comes out.

But it just isn't worth waiting until November or December to do the full on binge first time through playthrough - as it is, four months have already passed since I did episode 1 (where does the time go?!).

Glad this released, and we've gotten past the halfway point for episodes. Here's hoping episode 3 was half as good as the opening episode of the game!

• 1 month later...

Should be getting pretty darn close to Episode 4 releasing right now. Next week or two, I'd say, assuming they stick to their pace so far and encounter no delays.

I also rather hope that Episode 5 won't be on the same two month release window. It'd sure be nice to have them wrap the story up and not be forced to wait frustratingly whilst forgetting half the plot. Or... for folks like me, so we might all get to enjoy the game and "binging" the story. I'm at a point now where I'm just saving episodes 2, 3 and 4 until 5 is launched, in order to offer up a far more satisfying experience.

Quite unlike Walking Dead or other such Telltale episodics, this game was clearly best designed to be enjoyed all at once, not broken and split up across nearly a year. The experience I had with the first and only episode I've played so far showed me a game whose storyline+gameplay were intended to be a one and done deal, not episodic. Indeed, I'm rather curious why they did go the episodic route.

Here, rather than Telltale or Life is Strange, it seems to me the developers might've been strapped for cash and needed an influx of investment ASAP in order not to abandon the game due to brokeness. In fact, it looks rather certain to have been the case - the genre and game mechanics, the story itself... none of them lend themselves to episodic gameplay.

So it's quite a shame from my perspective that they were forced to go such a route: This would have offered up a *far* more positive experience minus the episodic nature of it. Between it being split apart just so from purely a gameplay perspective, to the frustration and loss of enjoyment when factoring in forgetting half the story/becoming quite detached from the game's world in the interim months... bottom line, suffice it to say that things surrounding this game would have been a much more pleasant and enjoyable sort of experience had they scrapped the episodic concept and done a straight up, one and done release.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 4 will release this sunday, 23rd for Season Pass owners and two days later, the 25th for everyone else :yay:

(This is if the info is correct on their own site. It says the season pass owners get access two days before the official release date, and the release date is set on 25th September)

• 2 months later...

Looks like the game will (finally) reach a conclusion in the next few days? I believe I got an update for it this morning, so I'd expect Episode 5's release is imminent if that's the case. What, probably Sunday for Early Access then Tuesday for everyone else?

8 months it took, but finally this'll be done and a nice Platinum for many to add, to boot!

37 minutes ago, Coladar said:

Looks like the game will (finally) reach a conclusion in the next few days? I believe I got an update for it this morning, so I'd expect Episode 5's release is imminent if that's the case. What, probably Sunday for Early Access then Tuesday for everyone else?

8 months it took, but finally this'll be done and a nice Platinum for many to add, to boot!

The retail version of all five episodes and the final episode for people who bought the Season Pass or Complete edition is Dec 4th. People who just buy the single episode can buy it 2 days later on the Thursday.

The devs have done a good job of releasing the next episode almost exactly 2 months after one another - I just hope this final episode has the same quality as the first one as it began to slip as the episodes went on.

Yeah, I definitely do have to give the devs props on keeping tight to the two month release schedule. Very few episodic games manage to keep up any resemblance of a schedule five episodes in - these folks have without any problem whatsoever. So okay then, another week or so and this should be in the can! Thanks for the info - just saw the update on my PS4 and figured that meant a conclusion was imminent.

• 2 months later...

Only Episode 1 needs to be played a few times (but not complete). It has some trophies where you have to make a choice. But you can really quick make the other choice, if you use the chapter select for the episode.

Only trophy that can be a little difficult: Till the end of the game you need to reach level 15 for your character. So try to get as many exp you can while playing trough all Episodes.

It took me about 3h-3,5h for each episode. I really enjoyed this game. Hope there will be a similiar game from the developers in the future.

• 1 month later...

Planning to get Complete edition on disc.

It does include all episodes on disc or is just the typical one episode on disc and the rest need to be installed?

Edit: Found the answer, it contains 4 episodes on disc and the last one needs to be downloaded

Edited by GoldenShaka