Nightfall DLC

GeckoGojira

This story DLC is now confirmed to come to the PS4 (no date for PS4 yet, but the Steam-Version will release on 15th of May). What do you guys think? Does it make sense to release a story DLC for this game? Especially after it's been out for almost 2 years now?

I really loved Aragami, played it on both my accounts, but to be honest: I wished Lince Works would have put their effort into a completely new game. I liked Aragami, just as it was and I fear I will be pretty annoyed by this Story-DLC introducing new charackters, new story and new techniques.

Plus on a trophy hunter's point of view, I now feel forced to buy it, if I want to maintain my high completition percentage. I tend to only play older games on this account, so there won't be bad surprises like this DLC popping out of nowhere (although the trophies in the maingame were fairly easy, so I guess they won't be too hard in Nightfall).

Lastly the friend I played the game in coop with (she gave me Aragami for christmas in 2016) definetely won't buy the DLC, so it automatically won't be as much fun for me. Running around like a maniac to get across the map without killing guards just isn't the same if you can't scream in your headset. I will be forced to play like a normal person. Urgh.

What about you? Are you excited for this late DLC or are you sceptic, if Nightfall can compete with its predecessor?

The game was a PS4 console exclusive, as it was developed in partnership with PS Talents. This means it could only come to PS4 and PC in the terms of their contract [speculation, but it's the way PS Talent games work].

By creating this expansion and bundling it together with the original game (as well as making numerous tweaks and changes to the base game to get it to run at 50-60fps and other optimisations), they have been able to place it not only on the PC and PS4, but also on the Xbox One.

I have the game for review but I can't talk about it as my embargo lifts the day before the game is out (which I also can't mention as they wish to announce the release date themselves)

Also: 

I now feel forced to buy it

Get a grip... it's an expansion to an older game - nobody is 'forcing' you to do anything, stop being so dramatic about it.

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 1

On psn the game already is at 84% so I guess the dlc will come tomorrow. Any news on the price?

Edit: I hate it when developers bring out dlc so long after the game has been released. Luckily I bought it digital as I sell all my games which I think won't release dlc.

Edited by BakkerJ

4 hours ago, BakkerJ said:

On psn the game already is at 84% so I guess the dlc will come tomorrow. Any news on the price?

Edit: I hate it when developers bring out dlc so long after the game has been released. Luckily I bought it digital as I sell all my games which I think won't release dlc.

It’s not out tomorrow :)

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

It’s not out tomorrow :)

Are you sure? If psn has already uploaded the trophylist it's usually a sign the dlc will be available really soon.

Edited by BakkerJ

10 hours ago, turniplord said:

I'm very sure.

I downloaded the game again and it's already in the main menu. It's not on the store yet but I'm sure it won't take long ?

On 5/5/2018 at 4:08 PM, GeckoGojira said:

This story DLC is now confirmed to come to the PS4 (no date for PS4 yet, but the Steam-Version will release on 15th of May). What do you guys think? Does it make sense to release a story DLC for this game? Especially after it's been out for almost 2 years now?

Yes, it does make sense. It calls "SUPPORTING THE GAME".

I really loved Aragami, played it on both my accounts, but to be honest: I wished Lince Works would have put their effort into a completely new game. I liked Aragami, just as it was and I fear I will be pretty annoyed by this Story-DLC introducing new characters, new story and new techniques.

You're not forced to buy the DLC. And don't talk if you don't play the DLC, because you must "at least" see the content (on youtube) before able to talk about it.

Plus on a trophy hunter's point of view, I now feel forced to buy it, if I want to maintain my high completition percentage.

Ehm no, you are not forced to do anything. You are "forced" to buy the DLC if you're interested in be a Completionist, but if you want to be only a Trophy Hunter, the base platinum is enough.

What about you? Are you excited for this late DLC or are you sceptic, if Nightfall can compete with its predecessor?

I'm pretty excited on the DLC, and remember: it's better when a DLC comes AFTER 2-3 months the release of the game, then when it comes WITH the game at launch or 1 week later. When a DLC comes later (in this case, 2 years later) it means that the developers really want to create new content for their game.

On 5/5/2018 at 6:56 PM, Jesaya815 said:

Although I would've preferred a sequel or prequel as well, I'm looking forward to the DLC. The main game was pretty cool and is one of those underrated, almost forgotten gems.

Me either want a new chapter, but the problems is that the ending concludes everything. A DLC set before was the only option to tell us the past of the Aragami's world.

10 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I was as surprised as anyone to see this come up so long after its release. Oh well, time to download it again. How much is the DLC, for reference? Judging from the trophies it looks like there's a fair amount of content there. 

I don't think we can say yet - but it's probably cheaper than you would think :)

On 5/28/2018 at 2:37 AM, turniplord said:

Can’t say. The release date is within the embargo. Should be announced soon

What is even the point of an embargo? The trophy list and even the main menu of the game has it listed, so it's hardly a secret. Several people on the site already have it, so what is taking them so long? 

9 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

What is even the point of an embargo? The trophy list and even the main menu of the game has it listed, so it's hardly a secret. Several people on the site already have it, so what is taking them so long? 

Surprised they haven't mentioned it yet. We are actually allowed to stream and show videos of it very soon. As such, I imagine something should come out.

I know it's annoying but I can't be specific about things. I would have thought there would have been a post about it on playstation.com or something :/

They announced a release date. June 5th! I still find it pretty stupid that by that time this game has been sitting at 84% for 3 weeks. Why did they put the trophy list on PSN 3 weeks before the release date?

Edited by BakkerJ

22 hours ago, BakkerJ said:

They announced a release date. June 5th! I still find it pretty stupid that by that time this game has been sitting at 84% for 3 weeks. Why did they put the trophy list on PSN 3 weeks before the release date?

Because the release date was set back at the last moment. I’ve had the game for about a month but the release was kept quiet until it was 100% set in stone. People are allowed to stream or show videos from tomorrow or Saturday (I can’t remember) which is just before it’s launch on Tuesday :) - all written reviews are embargoed until Monday as well, so expect to see a few then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

Because the release date was set back at the last moment. I’ve had the game for about a month but the release was kept quiet until it was 100% set in stone. People are allowed to stream or show videos from tomorrow or Saturday (I can’t remember) which is just before it’s launch on Tuesday :) - all written reviews are embargoed until Monday as well, so expect to see a few then. 

That makes sense. So do you know what the price is going to be? I've read something about a launch week discount.

Edited by BakkerJ

15 hours ago, BakkerJ said:

That makes sense. So do you know what the price is going to be? I've read something about a launch week discount.

The only info I have, which could be out of date as it's about a month old is: $9.99, 9.99 euros or £7.99 for the Expansion. The official review embargo is Monday at 2pm CET, 1pm BST, 9am EST and 10pm AEST.

I don't know about any discounts or anything like that :) - you should start seeing videos and streams soon - I may do a video of one of the missions, if I can stop playing Vampyr!

I think this DLC is pretty bad to be honest. It's really short, so at €9,99 it's way overpriced. Forgettable story. I enjoyed the main game, so I expected something more than this. Maybe the fun of this DLC is that you can play in coop, but you need ps plus, so I did it solo.

Edited by BakkerJ
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, BakkerJ said:

I think this DLC is pretty bad to be honest. It's really short, so at €9,99 it's way overpriced. Forgettable story. I enjoyed the main game, so I expected something more than this. Maybe the fun of this DLC is that you can play in coop, but you need ps plus, so I did it solo.

Couldn't have said it better myself.. I really enjoyed the main game so i was looking forward to this, quite disappointed.

Thanks heaps for your help with the collectables, just about to clean up the last level.

Could i ask where you rounded up 4 enemies for the bomb/kunai trophies? 

• Like 2