Turning on and off automatically

kusuriuriPT

I have a first gen PS4 and im having an issue for about a year now that alot of people are having and i just cant fix. It can happen every hour sometimes or months at a time without happening. My PS4 Will automatically get in rest mode while um playing and if i leave it on rest mode it Will eventually Turn itself on...i see alot of people complaining about it...i tried everything but still no luck..any tips?

Edited by kusuriuriPT

I also have the first gen PS4 things you can try are disabling the sceen saver disable time until the ps4 turns itself off, These can off can be found in settings. If no luck try initializing (formatting your ps4) FULL not quick mode. Please be aware you will lose everything and basically start as though you have a brand new ps4. I can confirm it has helped in some situations.                         dust3yy.png                                                     

Edited by dust3yy

Mine does this from time to time too and I cannot figure out why either. My only guess is that the power button on the PS4 is over sensitive and might be dust getting stuck so could try cleaning it out. 

It's weird, sometimes I go months without it happening at all then it happens like once every few days for a bit then stops again for a while. 

Sorry it has to be you guys. But i heard rumors PS5 is coming soon. 

It sounds like it a overheating issue. Possible. Overtime the chip thermal paste do dry up and once core reaches critical conditition itll force a shutdown or go into standby, turn off if necessary. 

Theres nothing not technical you can do to try to fix it. 

If warranty is over. Open it up and simply get all that dust out. Believe me there is ALOT!!!  Its really easy. Check online. Hopefully that help air flow and fan more. If not I heard you can repaste the gpu. But not sure. 

Good luck. Again PS5 is coming.:)

3 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Sorry it has to be you guys. But i heard rumors PS5 is coming soon. 

It sounds like it a overheating issue. Possible. Overtime the chip thermal paste do dry up and once core reaches critical conditition itll force a shutdown or go into standby, turn off if necessary. 

Theres nothing not technical you can do to try to fix it. 

If warranty is over. Open it up and simply get all that dust out. Believe me there is ALOT!!!  Its really easy. Check online. Hopefully that help air flow and fan more. If not I heard you can repaste the gpu. But not sure. 

Good luck. Again PS5 is coming.:)

Rumors confirmed by @Fing3rButt3r3!!! PS5 IS coming. Soon. Those are the facts as they have been presented.

To the OP: Vacuum/blow canned air into the vents/fans to remove any dust to eliminate the possibility of overheating. Try different outlets/a surge protector to make sure it's not the electrical current messing with you. Make sure your PS4 case isn't pressing on the power button causing it to sleep and boot. Check any extra controllers to make sure they're not messing with you (buttons stuck or random button pressing because of low charge).

Lastly, call Sony support. See if they can troubleshoot with you over the phone.

5 hours ago, parkerdip said:

Mine does this from time to time too and I cannot figure out why either. My only guess is that the power button on the PS4 is over sensitive and might be dust getting stuck so could try cleaning it out. 

It's weird, sometimes I go months without it happening at all then it happens like once every few days for a bit then stops again for a while. 

I tried cleaning up to no avail, i theorise that when its a more humid weather ir triggers the button

2 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

I dont get ejection problems..just the rest mode one

It's just a video showing you what the rubber looks like omg..... ignore the title.  It may be pressing your power button it's the same area.  That rubber touches both power and eject buttons. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

For the past 2 days I had trouble turning it on, had to physically move the PS4 a couple inches to the side for it to turn on. Now is the first time it randomly shut off. This thread beought bad luck. Never touched the power button on the condole since day 1 so I doubt the buttons are the problem.

I know it sucks but I suggest looking into a new power ribbon if issue is annoying. It's just a couple of bucks, you can find online. There are people out there having this issue yes, but not "alot" OP. About 80million PS4 sold so far, and only maybe hundreds or thousands may have had this issue. PS4 is still quality over the other consoles!

Edited by Fing3rButt3r3

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/05/2018 at 2:47 AM, kusuriuriPT said:

Did all of that already...

Most likely a hardware issue and your ps4 may need replacing unfortunately.. also apologises for the late reply!                                       dust3yy.png

On 5/8/2018 at 5:59 PM, dust3yy said:

I also have the first gen PS4 things you can try are disabling the sceen saver disable time until the ps4 turns itself off, These can off can be found in settings. If no luck try initializing (formatting your ps4) FULL not quick mode. Please be aware you will lose everything and basically start as though you have a brand new ps4. I can confirm it has helped in some situations.                         dust3yy.png                                                     

On 5/29/2018 at 7:30 AM, dust3yy said:

Most likely a hardware issue and your ps4 may need replacing unfortunately.. also apologises for the late reply!                                       dust3yy.png

Do you really include your psn card in all your messages? :S

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/settings/signature/