PS3 - Must play games

Deluziion90

Hi all,

Wondering what games I should consider that I missed out on PS3. (playing on Psnow)

Now I'm not looking for things that are remastered on PS4 already. So PS3 exclusives only!

Currently I'm busy with my God of War marathon but It's going way faster as expected so I'm already on the look for some new games

Currently I've got my eyes on Sly Cooper and marathon all those games. But any other titles that I should really look out for?

No racing/fighting or Jrpg suggestions for the rest I'm very open minded

Only games on PS Now? 

Borderlands (FPS)

Dynasty Warriors 7 (hack n slash)

Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends

Dynasty Warriors 8

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends (on PS4 but it also comes with the base game listed before this one.)

F.E.A.R (no trophies but still a fun horror FPS)

inFAMOUS

inFAMOUS 2

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood

Spec Ops: The Line (3rd person shooter)

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll (hit or miss but I added only because it's more hack n slash than most RPGs.)

Warriors: Legends of Troy (another hack n slash by the people who did Dynasty Warriors, but set in the Trojan War. Really only fans of hack n slash games will want to play this as it took a lot of getting used to.)

Warriors Orochi 3 (long as hell and combines characters from many Koei Tecmo games into one hack n slash universe)

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'll keep an eye out1f603.png

I'm sure there were more but some have MP/Online and some have PS4 version which play better such as Metro Last Light. Since I don't see it on your profile I would heavily recommend the PS4 version of Metro Last Light since if you buy the disc it comes with the first game Metro 2033 Redux. They go on sale fairly often I believe too if you're fine with digital versions. 

I also only added what I have experience with. 

• Like 1

Ico

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Not really sure what else is on there, but most of the must play games from PS3 have been ported to PS4 already.

I'd also recommend Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2, but they are really fast and very difficult, so not sure if playing them on PSNow would be even possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@ManaFear Red dead redemption does have multiplayer right? Maybe I'll give it a go on an alt account always wanted to check the story

Yeah, it has plenty multiplayer trophies. On the bright side, they're all easily boostable. But I would recommend at least playing the story on one of your accounts, as it is one of gaming's best. 

• Like 1

@Avatar_Of_Battle I'm almost 100% on those infamous games I'll definitely have a look on those

when it comes to Metro, I've played both on PC so they are in the back of my mind. Maybe for a future sale ^^

@soniq. Ratchet & Clank noted. Played the PS4 version and loved it. Would be really cool to marathon all those games!

When looking at ninja gaiden arent those super hard platinums:awesome:? I don't consider myself bad but even I got limits when it comes to skill haha

• Like 1

Demon’s Souls is a must play.

Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide, can be glitchy but a heap of fun though they have MP/co-op trophies.

Mass Effect Trilogy gets my vote for best video game series.

Fallout 3 is my favourite from the series.

Dragon Age: Origins hasn’t aged well but is a great game.

Medal Of Honor is a great old school FPS.

• Like 2

God of War series is on there. Given you're playing Sly, and it's also from PS2 I figure you're fine with remasters on PS3. Only one currently remastered to PS4 was GoW3. So you can play 1, 2, Ascension, Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus on PS Now.

Puppeteer. It's a platformer. It's my favorite PS3 game personally. Beautiful art design, I enjoy the story, great gameplay.

InFamous 1, 2 & Festival of Blood are all worth playing. One is a bit wonky, especially if you want plat [ugh blast shards and late game challenges], but 2 is a huge improvement. FoB is just a smaller digital title, but it's a lot of fun [has my favorite power in the series]. Pretty sure FoB is on there too, didn't see it this time looking.

Resistance 3 was really good, the ending was a bit slap dash for my taste but gameplay wise it was awesome. Not sure if the first or second game are on Now, I didn't see them. I think it started with a recap? But it's been awhile, so idk. It's a FPS.

No trophies, but I really loved Heavenly Sword. I think it's worth playing.

Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty [no trophies - but is a fun lead into to ACiT and the sotry is important], A Crack in Time, Into the Nexus [in that order], I don't know if Tools of Destruction is on Now. I don't see it browsing and the geniuses at Sony don't let you search.

rain, a nice indie title that gets often overlooked. It's a fairly simple puzzle adventure game, but it's got great atmosphere, story and music. Easy trophies from what I remember.

This isn't a must play, but I feel the need to recommend it anyway because it makes me sad the series is so underrated [even if this isn't the best of games]. Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom.

That's all I see while browsing PS Now. There's some others, but they have been remastered to PS4 and you ruled those out. Which is totally understandable.

9 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

This. Whether it is on PS Now or not, I have no idea.

All I see is Dark Souls 2.

44 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Ratchet & Clank noted. Played the PS4 version and loved it. Would be really cool to marathon all those games!

For whatever reason the first part in the Future series isn't on PSNow, but A Crack in Time is easily the best game in the series overall (imo).

Full Frontal Assault (Q-Force in Europe) is a fun tower defense game and can be played/platinumed completely in online coop.

50 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@Avatar_Of_Battle I'm almost 100% on those infamous games I'll definitely have a look on those

when it comes to Metro, I've played both on PC so they are in the back of my mind. Maybe for a future sale ^^

@soniq. Ratchet & Clank noted. Played the PS4 version and loved it. Would be really cool to marathon all those games!

When looking at ninja gaiden arent those super hard platinums:awesome:? I don't consider myself bad but even I got limits when it comes to skill haha

Wait so multiplats are fine as long as they've not been remastered to PS4? May make another list of those then.

You and I seem to have a similar taste in games. I went through your games and we have a lot in common, and there's about 20 in my backlog that you also completed. It's harder to recommend games to you as many of them will be very hard to 100%, despite having easier platinums.

Consider:

- Batman: Arkham Asylum and City (solid games)

- God of War 1 and 2 (really good)

- Lego Lord of the Rings (quick and easy, not buggy, good for couples)

- the first Ratchet and Clank trilogy (if you are interested in Sly and Crash, this may be in line with your interests)

- Red Dead Redemption is mint, but the multiplayer can eat one.

At the moment I'm just looking into exclusive ps3 only titles. If it's on ps4 I'll buy the ps4 edition prior

As I'm now paying 15€ a month for just renting the games.

I'll stick with the following games these upcoming weeks:

- God of war marathon -> currently busy with this

- Sly Cooper collection

- Ratchet & Clank

- inFamous Collection

Thanks all for the fast responses and helping me out!

For now I'll skip multiplats as I want to keep my list as unique as possible (dont quote me on the midnight 95%+ plats and energy cycle platinums:awesome:)

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 2

Well if you want good games consider this:

•Deus Ex: Human Revolution 

•All Lego games

•All Ratchet and Clank games

•Infamous 1 and 2 (and Festival of Blood)

If you only want platinums you can play:

•Ben 10

•Air Conflict

• Like 1

A few that are awesome, but often slip through the cracks of people’s memories when it comes to lists of the best are:

3D Dot Game Heroes

Syndicate

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

The Sabateur

Braid

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Well if you want good games consider this:

•Deus Ex: Human Revolution 

•All Lego games

•All Ratchet and Clank games

•Infamous 1 and 2 (and Festival of Blood)

If you only want platinums you can play:

•Ben 10

•Air Conflict

The Ben 10 games are no longer on PS Now in NA at least. Glad I was able to play and plat them, the first was alright too. Second was weird with that runner gameplay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Puppeteer. It's a platformer. It's my favorite PS3 game personally. Beautiful art design, I enjoy the story, great gameplay.

That's one I need still need to finish; definitely a great looking unique experience.