Servers closing down May 24

DesmaBR

I'm very sad to announce that Loadout's end of service will be on 5/24/2018.

Thanks to everyone who made Loadout possible!

The Loadout Community
I hear from fans who passionately love Loadout every day. It started when we began closed beta in back in 2012, and it never stopped. Over 9 million people have played Loadout since then! There was never any question that Loadout was special. I'm deeply grateful to all you players who contributed your time, energy, creativity, and feedback. You're the main reason I wish Loadout could live on. Maybe someday Loadout will return, but for now, it will go offline on 5/24/2018.

The Loadout Team
An incredible amount of talent, passion, and hard work went into Loadout. I'm still awed by your work! This includes everyone at Edge of Reality. Practically everyone at EOR contributed to Loadout in one way or another, whether directly or indirectly, and everyone deserves to share in the credit for what we accomplished. I still cheer for your many continued successes in work and life after EOR.

Our Friends at Playfab, Steam, and PlayStation
Thanks for all your help!

Why now?

Loadout just received a few death blows. Any one of these could have been fatal, but with all of them hitting at once, it's clear that we have no choice but to shut it down.

GDPR
The well-intended GDPR legislation creates major burdens for small companies to do business in the EU, starting on 5/25. We don't have the resources to update Loadout to GDPR compliance, and a big portion of Loadout players come from the EU. Sadly, while big companies have the resources to comply with the GDPR, that's not always the case for small businesses. We still protect your privacy, and we wouldn't dream of doing otherwise. We just don't have the resources to overhaul Loadout and implement new features to meet a large list of new requirements.

Cloud end of service
Loadout depends on an old product from our main cloud provider, and that product is also ending service. I can't speak for them, but GDPR may also be a factor. Porting Loadout to use their new product is a major undertaking, and we don't have the resources to do that.

Rising costs
Other cloud products recently getting discontinued are resulting in much higher server costs, while Loadout's revenues stay flat. This just put Loadout deep into the red, losing an alarming amount of money per month.

So, enjoy your last moments of Loadout, and record them for posterity!

Source: Steam Page

Real shame.

I am honestly surprised it stayed up this long. The PS4 version hasn't been updated since 2015, and there's pretty game breaking progression bugs that were never fixed in it that negated any reason to spend money on non-cosmetic stuff. 

Unless it's already on your profile and you absolutely need those trophies I wouldn't recommend touching it now. Not worth fighting the game for two weeks to get the 100 hours played. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I was wondering how well this game did, saw it on the store fiddling around for stuff. I played it a bit at launch, but ended up ditching it.

Because PS3 games haven't had their servers shut off?

I'm confused what your point is.

No, because the companies are shutting servers off and aspects of the game, or even the game in toto, are lost and unplayable. Now, it's even more of a slap in the gamer's face since you have to pay to play online. This is not the exclusive reason why I didn't move on to the next generation, but it is a big piece of the pie.

55 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

No, because the companies are shutting servers off and aspects of the game, or even the game in toto, are lost and unplayable. Now, it's even more of a slap in the gamer's face since you have to pay to play online. This is not the exclusive reason why I didn't move on to the next generation, but it is a big piece of the pie.

This was a F2P game, thus you did not need PS+ to play it online...

• Like 4

Bought the XP boost so I could rush this one..... The level 5 and 50 kills trophies didn't pop.... Well that was a waste of $10

Edit: level 5 unlocked after my next kill

Edit 2: got both, the kills just took alittle more than 50

Edited by NutellaOrgies
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NutellaOrgies said:

It shouldn't be so bad. I got to level 20 in one night lol. Once I got my 50 kills trophy, I let my controller auto run and just woke up to every trophy but the campaign missions and 100 hour trophy lol.

If you need a benchmark, I got 10 hours after 60-ish missions, so 100 hours should be around the 600 mission mark, which seems consistent with what the trophy guide is predicting.

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

If you need a benchmark, I got 10 hours after 60-ish missions, so 100 hours should be around the 600 mission mark, which seems consistent with what the trophy guide is predicting.

Yea I killed your rubber band a couple times then went to bed with my controller upside down so it pushes up the joysticks lol, got the 10 hour trophy when I woke up along with almost everything else 

Edited by NutellaOrgies
  • Like 1

Just came here to say to all rubberbanders - you guys are the worst! Really. I'm ok with boosting groups. I'm ok with rubberbanding and changing system clock and stuff - but only in single player games. You do that there? I do not care at all. But when it comes to public lobbys in online games? You just ruin other players' fun. I play this game now to get some trophies before it closes down, but I do play it! And it's fun. But morons running in circles or jumping constantly are just ruining balance of the teams and fun. You are just showing the worst side of trophy hunters. Shame on you.

17 minutes ago, Chilary said:

Just came here to say to all rubberbanders - you guys are the worst! Really. I'm ok with boosting groups. I'm ok with rubberbanding and changing system clock and stuff - but only in single player games. You do that there? I do not care at all. But when it comes to public lobbys in online games? You just ruin other players' fun. I play this game now to get some trophies before it closes down, but I do play it! And it's fun. But morons running in circles or jumping constantly are just ruining balance of the teams and fun. You are just showing the worst side of trophy hunters. Shame on you.

We can't get the 100 hour trophy in 2 weeks without doing this. I'm usually against it too but the servers are shutting down and it needs to be done.

• Like 3

Hmmm. I guess ill boot it up again and get some trophies so im at least a A...doubt i can do enough to get 100%. Only started this a long time ago because a buddy.

29 minutes ago, Chilary said:

Both the trophy guides online has rubberbanding listed as a way to get the 100-hour trophy, so tons of people have done it in the past. I have noticed more since they announced the shut-down. There are game modes that are less affected by them, I would recommend voting for those (head hunter, domination, etc)

2 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

We can't get the 100 hour trophy in 2 weeks without doing this. I'm usually against it too but the servers are shutting down and it needs to be done.

19th Dec 2014 - you get your first trophy back then. You had more than enough time to play 100 hours. Most free to play games has long trophies that requires grinding. Check the list before you start playing and decide if you want to go for it.

I do not like trophies as such too - but it is only up to you if you are willing to put in time and effort to get it. You do not have to. Yeah, put down the controller, go to sleep and in the morning you earned the trophy.. congratulations man, you sure deserve it!

Don't blame the devs for trophies. You don't like them? Don't go for them! "I don't like it so it's ok for me to be worse and ruin the experience for others." Awesome!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chilary said:

19th Dec 2014 - you get your first trophy back then. You had more than enough time to play 100 hours. Most free to play games has long trophies that requires grinding. Check the list before you start playing and decide if you want to go for it.

I do not like trophies as such too - but it is only up to you if you are willing to put in time and effort to get it. You do not have to. Yeah, put down the controller, go to sleep and in the morning you earned the trophy.. congratulations man, you sure deserve it!

Don't blame the devs for trophies. You don't like them? Don't go for them! "I don't like it so it's ok for me to be worse and ruin the experience for others." Awesome!

If you check my stat history you'll see my inactive time. I became an alcoholic for a few years and started games I've never finished. Now that I'm sober, I'm going back and finishing everything I've started.

Edited by NutellaOrgies

2 minutes ago, Chilary said:

I started the game last week. I didn't rubberband at all, I played normally and had quite a bit of fun. Now I only have a few days and I want to try and get leveled up to do the campaign.

Honestly, rubberbanders aren't ruining the experience by much. When I was playing normally, for example, barely anyone ever actually went for the head in headhunter. Much of this game's demographic just liked running around and killing each other instead of playing the game modes. Replace people blinding killing each other and rubberbanders and it's much of the same experience. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Both the trophy guides online has rubberbanding listed as a way to get the 100-hour trophy, so tons of people have done it in the past. I have noticed more since they announced the shut-down. There are game modes that are less affected by them, I would recommend voting for those (head hunter, domination, etc)

I remember similar trophy in Helldivers - kill 100 000 enemies. Rubberbanding was there also suggested and there - it was ok. You could do it solo. But here you can't. Can you see the difference?
Trophy guides are not ideal. Not everything stated there is the way to go. Besides - in trophy guide you can read you can get banned for doing so - so it's kinda obvious it's not the recommended way.