Interested in completing Rayman 3 100%? Here's a few pointers.

Grample_Gust

1 hour ago, shananiganyo said:

- The trophies are inconsistently designed. You're free to collect the Tribelles across multiple playthroughs, but if you miss a single Green Jewel, Matuvu, or 100% level score, you'll need to replay the entire game again, collecting every collectible/100%'ing every level associated with each respective trophy. This happened to me and by golly I won't let it happen to anyone else.1f624.png

This is enough for me NOT to try out this game.

If this only requires a hour or two of backtracking I don't suppose that's bad. But I would rather not spend hours just trying to grab a single collectible that I missed because that must feel horrible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure you have to get all of the collectibles on your first try. I'm playing through it now and I missed the room in the last area with four green gems in it. I had to retry a couple of times to get a score high enough to open it but I managed and got the gems. No trophy. I carried on playing and got the last one that's underneath the floor in the final boss fight and the trophy came up. 

The advice about not replaying a stage until you've beaten the game is spot on though, I did that when I was playing this years ago because I missed something and I couldn't keep playing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've now got all the trophies and I definitely don't think you have to do everything in the one play through. I haven't tested it completely but there's the note I had with the green gems above, plus something strange happened in the final section. 

I was going through each world getting 100% in all the levels, quitting via the XMB if I failed on any of them, and going by the note I was keeping of my scores I got the trophy before I finished getting 100% in everything:

The Tower of the Leptys:
Act 1: 100 100
Act 2: 99 100
Act 3: 95
Act 4: 100
Act 5: 100

That was my original score plus a note when I got 100 in it. I got the trophy after finishing act 2 here. I don't know if I had 100%'d the next one on a previous save or something, but that's when I got the trophy. 

It's a shame the re-master didn't offer better ways of keeping track of this stuff but I don't think it's as sensitive as you've made out @Orphioon

I'd also say it's not really that hard, if you follow a video online for 100%. Even if you don't, just keep trying and figure out where the biggest combos are and how to chain everything together. Get as many things as you can with a power-up, and save red/green gems for the end of combos, since the multiplier goes up the longer the combo is. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just finishing the game is shit easy, but having that many easily missable collectibles that you have to collect in tandem with a scoring system in which you must maintain a combo while going after the collectibles is pretty aggravating. I remember getting 100% for the first chapter on 360 and just not bothering with anything else. It's not worth the effort. 

• 4 weeks later...

This was the only Rayman I didn’t play back in the day, so I started it in my alt account... now I don’t know if I start in my main account or not.

First: no subtitles and it seams that the audio isn’t correct (or good enough). I had some difficulty to comprehend what they were saying... don’t know if this happens in the PS2 version or only in this HD...

Second: I thought I could disable the “autosave” feature in the “Save Options” menu... but it just literally saved my changed options :D now, nobody mentioned using the Cloud/USB backup save every time you 100% at the end of a level - only quitting to XMB.

Does it work? Does any of you already tried?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 9:51 AM, a97mani97 said:

Be aware that this video guide neglects one green gem, in The Desert of Knaaren stage 7. It also does not show 100% score on some of the last stages of worlds (like the snowboardning one).

I think that's the level I'm on, its either act 7 or 8?  and my highest score is 64% Every other level has been pretty easy but I'm hard stuck on this one. Are there 2 green gems? There is only one in the video and i have no idea where a second one would be? Any one have any tips for this level?

Edited by Glowbugg

16 hours ago, Glowbugg said:

I think that's the level I'm on, its either act 7 or 8?  and my highest score is 64% Every other level has been pretty easy but I'm hard stuck on this one. Are there 2 green gems? There is only one in the video and i have no idea where a second one would be? Any one have any tips for this level?

You have to kill the four stick-men and flying guys without grabbing the powerup, its been a while but i hope that helps, look up a separate video to be sure

Edited by shananiganyo

14 hours ago, Glowbugg said:

That was by far the hardest level for me. I did it without (!) grabbing the secret green Gem not shown in the video.

The trick was to get a perfect sequence when fighting the two rounds of enemies in the caves:

Run by the bombers, grab the green power up, and defeat them all in one go, turning all black lums to red lums also.

Now get the green power up once more, and defeat all flying enemies in one combo. I seemed to get 100% when I also turned the black lums red during this fight.

I got 99% two times before finally beating this level ...

Hope it helps!

Edited by a97mani97

• 10 months later...

Just started playing and I'm interested in completing this as well. What are your tips for this? The most irritating things in this faulty game are the awful camera work and hit detection. Is the only solution to play levels over and over again and get to perfection? Or are there some things which I should keep in mind? Should I wait until I finish the game for the first time? Cheers.

Uhm. I've encountered the level select glitch and revisited two worlds. Is there a solution for this? Do I have to delete my save file etc?

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Additional question.

@The-Smiths-85

Camera is all about practice, best bet is to lock on to enemies.

Definitely delete your save, I cleared the game all the way through twice and that was more than enough.

The game is far too difficult to want to risk getting to the end and having the trophy glitch on you. Just play till the end of the game all the way through and if a level doesn't read 100% hold the PS button down and quit game. You'll start back at the beginning of the level upon rebooting.

Edited by Grample_Gust

On 30/12/2019 at 11:11 PM, Grample_Gust said:

@The-Smiths-85

Camera is all about practice, best bet is to lock on to enemies.

Definitely delete your save, I cleared the game all the way through twice and that was more than enough.

The game is far too difficult to want to risk getting to the end and having the trophy glitch on you. Just play till the end of the game all the way through and if a level doesn't read 100% hold the PS button down and quit game. You'll start back at the beginning of the level upon rebooting.

Well, I've meant camera working in narrow spaces when there are no enemies. It's just too frantic and it often ends up being blocked by walls.

Thankfully, I had another save where the game goes on normally (it doesn't have level select screen). So, whenever the glitch shows up you (somehow) have an option to choose every world, right? And then you can't select the last world. In this savefile everything seems right. Hope it will turn out just fine in the end :/

Update: Yup. I have fully completed the game with every trophy on that savefile. Two of the trophies have glitched for a while - getting 100% and watching the real ending. They have popped during the final cutscene but didn't show up on psn while I was still in the game. I've fixed this by restarting the game - small tip for those who will encounter this too. The last green jewel I didn't have was in the last level of Desert of Knareen. It's so cheaply "hidden" (don't want to spoil it for other players) that it's beyond belief. How come anyone should know this? :/ There's a video on YT where a guy shows all 41 jewels, so if anyone has problems with getting these - > check him out.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Update.

• 1 month later...

- The trophies are inconsistently designed. You're free to collect the Tribelles across multiple playthroughs, but if you miss a single Green Jewel, Matuvu, or 100% level score, you'll need to replay the entire game again, collecting every collectible/100%'ing every level associated with each respective trophy. This happened to me and by golly I won't let it happen to anyone else.1f624.png

I just get 100%.

Everything can be collected after complete game. I missed 1 green gem and 2 tribelles, and I collected them after complete game. At first I was scared that I had to recollect entire game again, but it was not required. Most importantly, what the game does not glitch the save file. If after complete game you can revisited to all location, included last one, its ok.

I trying get tribelles, what I missed, and when I get it, trophy not pop. Same story for green gem... Then I just went to the end of the level, taking the second green stone at this level. Trophy pop! Then I collected all Tribelles on level there I missed one, and I got trophy for Tribelles. It turns out that it works this way, if you missed something at the level, then you need to collect everything (like gem, tribelles or matuvu) at this level.

It’s better to go through the game from beginning to end and replay if you missed something or didn’t take 100%. Since my game began to freeze periodically when I switched to levels when PSN online. Which also caused trouble.

• 2 months later...

I collected all green gems and did not get the trophy. I watched several videos for guides but I got them all xD I dont want to keep playing this game x.x 

At least I got 100% ?

Edit: Nevermind! I looked again and got the one I missed! Finally 100% completed. Time to erase it and never play it again! ??

Edited by ShadowManuX

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 2:22 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

Apparently I missed a Matuvu, am I fucked? No way to know which one in particular I missed and so I have to replay the whole game again, right?

You're welcome to try to grab it after you finish the run you're on using chapter select. If that doesn't work then sadly yes.

Edited by Grample_Gust

The problem is that I have no idea where I missed that Matuvu, I thought I had them all c_c 

By the way after I get it and 100% this game I'll write here my tips for anyone who wants to 100% this game as well, I'm always glad to help the others.