HH's Gaming Journal

Honor_Hand

That was a nice read my friend! I also read about vanquish and my god challenge 6 was no joke!! I watched many videos for that until I found one I was pretty comfortable with. What sucks is that it takes like 15-30 mins to complete. My time was 26..

But for now, enjoy Spiderman! You deserve to relax/splurge a little :)

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Also, a big thanks to @AndresLionheart for kindly giving me that download code for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon on PS4. I'll put it to good use now that I have the console. Will most likely be amongst the first I games I will be playing there. También querias que te dejara saber acerca de cuando my checklist estuviese actualizado, así que bueno, aquí estamos.

De nada =). Although I look so cheap compared to those guys who got you the PS4 =P.

Some of the games you pick to platinum are so grindy. For example, I once looked at games like Arcana Heart because of the obvious reasons but then decided not to go for it because long ass grinds suck, especially if it's online.

Playing something super simple like a Lego game is great to break the pace of something difficult or long, so that is a good choice for every now and then.

I'd say you should abandon KoF XIII while you are still not too deep in, lol. The graphics are great but the mechanics are not that nice on regular controller players. I think I finished Kyo's trials and just dropped it. Really hoping for a KoF XV to play when it has a community. I started with XIV too late and now it is a pain to complete de 6 players mode and ranked wins.

Spider-Man is a much better game to start on PS4 than what I had =p. You should get Bloodborne whenever it goes on sale again. It's cheap as is, but why spend more for no reason? I've been having a blast playing it with my friend and laughing at how much people hype the difficulty. I will have a lot to say about this one when we are done.

What happened with Tales D=? Did one burn you out? Was it Symphonia and its massive list of missables? Berseria goes on sale very often. Try that one some time to rekindle the Tales itch =P.

Your 2019 objectives are way more ambitious than mine, especially for someone who says he doesn't have that much time. 50 plats in 1 year? Damn, son.

Anyway, it's nice to see the journal active again. Let's see what we can do for this 2019! =)

• Like 1

That's a really nice recap. I am very happy for you that the year ended like it did. Unpacking your PS4 must have been the highlight of the year or was it the T-Shirt. ;) And you sure played quite a few games, so glad you still enjoy them, given all the shit that has happened to you this year! I remember lots of cool sounding games you finished and how it tempted me to buy a PS3.

And you liked my recommendation, I am honored! And now that you have a PS4 you can play the reboot and tell me which TR generation you like better. I also am eager to hear you take on Trine, maybe I can help you out somehow with some trophies, since it is a nice coop game.

Good luck with your goals for this year. The last two sound very fun indeed. :)

On 6/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, PooPooBlast said:

That was a nice read my friend! I also read about vanquish and my god challenge 6 was no joke!! I watched many videos for that until I found one I was pretty comfortable with. What sucks is that it takes like 15-30 mins to complete. My time was 26..

But for now, enjoy Spiderman! You deserve to relax/splurge a little :)

Good thing I was able to beat that dreaded challenge. Yeah, I saw a number of videos too. The best one was probably one guy that got the blue bogey stuck behind of the buildings somehow. Made the fight so much easier lol. Obviously, I couldn't replicate that and had to fight both of them  My final time was 21 minutes flat.

Thanks, man. I will ^_^

16 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

De nada =). Although I look so cheap compared to those guys who got you the PS4 =P.

No, tranquilo. No te preocupes jaja xD I started Bloodstained earlier today and it's a pretty cool game. I an totally feel that Castlevania 3 vibe. The intention is what matters mi amigo. I really appreciate the detail ;)

Some of the games you pick to platinum are so grindy. For example, I once looked at games like Arcana Heart because of the obvious reasons but then decided not to go for it because long ass grinds suck, especially if it's online.

Playing something super simple like a Lego game is great to break the pace of something difficult or long, so that is a good choice for every now and then.

I'd say you should abandon KoF XIII while you are still not too deep in, lol. The graphics are great but the mechanics are not that nice on regular controller players. I think I finished Kyo's trials and just dropped it. Really hoping for a KoF XV to play when it has a community. I started with XIV too late and now it is a pain to complete de 6 players mode and ranked wins.

Having a turbo controller helps A LOT for those long ass grinds but yeah, they do suck. The grinding I mean, especially if it's online.

Oh come on, I'm already halfway through lol but yeah, the timing for the combos and everything is super challenging. I made a quick attempt at the Trial mode on December and got stuck on the third combo of pretty much all the fighters ;-; Fortunately enough, I'm armed with an Arcade Stick for the job and that's what I've been using so far to plat these fighters given my limited ability but damn, KoF XIII is going to be one brutal Platinum to get due to those combos.

You could always try a boosting session to get those groups together but, admittedly, it can be somewhat complicated to organize a proper boosting group.

Spider-Man is a much better game to start on PS4 than what I had =p. You should get Bloodborne whenever it goes on sale again. It's cheap as is, but why spend more for no reason? I've been having a blast playing it with my friend and laughing at how much people hype the difficulty. I will have a lot to say about this one when we are done.

What happened with Tales D=? Did one burn you out? Was it Symphonia and its massive list of missables? Berseria goes on sale very often. Try that one some time to rekindle the Tales itch =P.

Your 2019 objectives are way more ambitious than mine, especially for someone who says he doesn't have that much time. 50 plats in 1 year? Damn, son.

Anyway, it's nice to see the journal active again. Let's see what we can do for this 2019! =)

Planning to get Bloodborne indeed, alongside Dark Souls 3 and all those other Souls-like games that have come out. Love those kinds of games. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on Bloodborne when you have them ready.

Last year I got Xilia, completed it, and loved it. Then, I went into Symphonia completed the game again and loved it, but when I saw that I had to go through the game a number of times again and with so many missables... yeah... ;-; That's pretty much what happened. Let's see if I can rekindle the love for the franchise during this year.

Heehee, gotta push those numbers up. I actually got 28 Platinums this past year so let's see how 2019 goes for me. Need to challenge myself with impossible numbers  ;)

Gracias por pasarte por aqui hermano :D

11 hours ago, Durandal said:

That's a really nice recap. I am very happy for you that the year ended like it did. Unpacking your PS4 must have been the highlight of the year or was it the T-Shirt. ;) And you sure played quite a few games, so glad you still enjoy them, given all the shit that has happened to you this year! I remember lots of cool sounding games you finished and how it tempted me to buy a PS3.

And you liked my recommendation, I am honored! And now that you have a PS4 you can play the reboot and tell me which TR generation you like better. I also am eager to hear you take on Trine, maybe I can help you out somehow with some trophies, since it is a nice coop game.

Good luck with your goals for this year. The last two sound very fun indeed. :)

Both were pretty cool gifts, to be honest. Looking forward to sharing more memories this year. I always like to write my thoughts whenever I finish a game or hear what my friends have to say on their gaming adventures.

You are right there. Need to get up to speed with TR as well and see how it stacks against the old games. Now Trine, well, I was planning to play that one with the missus but let's see how it goes haha xD

Thanks ^^

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

I love reading people’s memories, feelings and thoughts about the games they played. Especially when it’s so well presented like yours. I’ll be flicking through this on my coffee breaks, keep the plats coming 1f604.png

Right on! Feels more genuine than reading actual reviews. I do that as well quite often on the most recent platinum thread

• Like 1

- Capcom Arcade Cabinet (PSN): Started this one on a whim after not being sure what to play one day. It's not yet on my profile because I haven't synced it yet but yeah, will need to sit with this one eventually.

This will be a pretty tough one.

I bought this collection during a sale in late 2017 and I spent the better part of one hour and a half trying to get through a part of Gun Smoke. Got as far as around the third level before I just gave up.

Commando, Son Son and I believe Higemaru have no continues so you're really going to have to up your game and playing skills to get those trophies.

There's a gold trophy for playing these games for 50 hours, regardless you're in for the long haul.

Good luck. It's probably one of the most respectable 100 percent titles you can have on your profile. Let me know how the collection goes for you if you decide to get into it.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

I love reading people’s memories, feelings and thoughts about the games they played. Especially when it’s so well presented like yours. I’ll be flicking through this on my coffee breaks, keep the plats coming 1f604.png

Hey, thanks for dropping by :) I didn't know people would like to sit down a read on my ramblings x3 I feel honored now ^^ I will try to finally update my Hall of Memories this coming Sunday. I think  I have procrastinated doing that more than enough lol

6 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Right on! Feels more genuine than reading actual reviews. I do that as well quite often on the most recent platinum thread

I personally prefer reading status updates but you are right, feels much more true to what people actually think about the games than any of those review sites. The MRP thread is also a good point to check. I only go there if a friend posts there though. 

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

This will be a pretty tough one.

I bought this collection during a sale in late 2017 and I spent the better part of one hour and a half trying to get through a part of Gun Smoke. Got as far as around the third level before I just gave up.

Commando, Son Son and I believe Higemaru have no continues so you're really going to have to up your game and playing skills to get those trophies.

There's a gold trophy for playing these games for 50 hours, regardless you're in for the long haul.

Good luck. It's probably one of the most respectable 100 percent titles you can have on your profile. Let me know how the collection goes for you if you decide to get into it.

Yeah, most of those old Arcade games are tough as nails. I will probably be trying midway through the year or maybe earlier, I don't know yet. The collection looks pretty well put together but the trophies are definitely on the very hard side.

If I make any good progress on it later on the year, I'll be sure to let you know :)

24 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Yeah, most of those old Arcade games are tough as nails. I will probably be trying midway through the year or maybe earlier, I don't know yet. The collection looks pretty well put together but the trophies are definitely on the very hard side.

If I make any good progress on it later on the year, I'll be sure to let you know :)

They were specifically designed that way to be profitable. If they were piss easy like a lot of today’s PSN games those companies wouldn’t of made nearly as much money. 

If you want a good game to start on, Avengers is good. Black Tiger is also fairly decent. 

Played a little of Ghosts n’ Goblins but didn’t get very far. 

Gun Smoke has infinite continues, but the entire game is bullet hell and you have to be skilled to get through it. If you manage to get to the sixth level, that very much could be the roadblock to obtaining 100 percent in Capcom Arcade Cabinet. 

Commando is also very difficult, is 1 player only and you have to beat the game with only one continue. It’s about 8 - 10 minutes long, so there’s definitely a lot of concentration there. 

Haven’t played much of the rest. Don’t know what Son Son or Higemaru are like. 1943 I hear can be tricky. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

They were specifically designed that way to be profitable. If they were piss easy like a lot of today’s PSN games those companies wouldn’t of made nearly as much money. 

If you want a good game to start on, Avengers is good. Black Tiger is also fairly decent. 

Played a little of Ghosts n’ Goblins but didn’t get very far. 

Gun Smoke has infinite continues, but the entire game is bullet hell and you have to be skilled to get through it. If you manage to get to the sixth level, that very much could be the roadblock to obtaining 100 percent in Capcom Arcade Cabinet. 

Commando is also very difficult, is 1 player only and you have to beat the game with only one continue. It’s about 8 - 10 minutes long, so there’s definitely a lot of concentration there. 

Haven’t played much of the rest. Don’t know what Son Son or Higemaru are like. 1943 I hear can be tricky. 

Yeah, those old arcade games were pretty much made with only that in mind. I'll follow your recommendation and try those at first when I jump to it. The first game I tried on the hour or so that I played was Commando and boy was it hard.

I do have a bit of experience in 1943 (and 1942) from the NES so I will so how much I measure up on those. I'm not good at shmups but maybe I could do something there. It's a shame the whole Capcom Arcade Cabinet doesn't come with a Platinum but it will still be a nice 100% to have or to attempt to have at least lol

6 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

What AJ is saying is no exaggeration. Believe the hype. Gun smoke is a pain in the arse!

Haha, you guys are scaring me now xD I'll see it once I get there.

3 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Yeah, those old arcade games were pretty much made with only that in mind. I'll follow your recommendation and try those at first when I jump to it. The first game I tried on the hour or so that I played was Commando and boy was it hard.

I do have a bit of experience in 1943 (and 1942) from the NES so I will so how much I measure up on those. I'm not good at shmups but maybe I could do something there. It's a shame the whole Capcom Arcade Cabinet doesn't come with a Platinum but it will still be a nice 100% to have or to attempt to have at least lol

You started one of the hardest games in the collection so I'm not surprised.

I've played this collection on my alt but don't feel like adding it to my main yet, will probably be a long time before I finish it, that is if I finish it.

I bought the Midway Arcade Origins two years ago and ended up really enjoying it. Only problem is you have to fish for a physical version since a number of PS3 games like Splatterhouse don't have a corresponding PSN version. If you enjoy the Capcom Arcade Cabinet I recommend the collection from Midway. Much easier trophy list as well with a platinum.

Capcom doesn't seem to value trophy hunters as much. Definitely would of liked to see Mega Man 10, the 30th Anniversary Street Fighter Collection and their Capcom Beat Em Up Arcade bundle to all sport a platinum but sadly they don't. I value those 100 percents a lot more than most platinums because most people will never go for them.

I'm not good at shmups either, you probably saw my post about those.

But good luck. I mean you got the platinum in Vanquish, which is a game I've been wanting to play these past few years.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Lol Haven't updated this in my longest period of time yet xxxD

On 10/6/2019 at 2:03 PM, Soneto said:

How are you liking MHW? :) 

So far, it's been pretty good. Enjoying the whole hunting down monster mechanics, then chasing the monster, and then whacking the monster lol Great game, with some pretty environments and excellent, creative creature design. I also like the kitty cat companion you have and the fact that you can have friends help you against the most difficult monsters. Haven't played much over the last couple of days. Need to get back to it at some point. :)

One thing I don't like about the game is that the co-op with friends could have been more seamless. There are some expeditions your friends cannot join and for others, you have to wait for a cutscene to play so that they can join. I sort of understand why they did this but they could have probably thought on a more easier way for your friends to join you on the get-go.