Server Emulation?, Private Servers?, could this work?

8 minutes ago, Chappie_193 said:

Is there a way to reach out to the developers to reopen the servers? 

Twitter is usually the best option. But could try to Send an email as well. 

Don't hold your breath though. 

Edited by Vergil

• 4 years later...

Necroing this because it works on PC, and it may have nothing to do with PS3 but maybe this thread will get to the right person. 

Play The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Online with Radmin VPN (lotrcon.quest)

My 00,01% of hope speaking here, and the discord is surprisingly active ("active"). Still I would need to rescue my PS3 from my father's house. 

But, say, if this worked out would people get banned from the LB?

15 minutes ago, YORGOS_PB said:

Necroing this because it works on PC, and it may have nothing to do with PS3 but maybe this thread will get to the right person. 

Play The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Online with Radmin VPN (lotrcon.quest)

My 00,01% of hope speaking here, and the discord is surprisingly active ("active"). Still I would need to rescue my PS3 from my father's house. 

But, say, if this worked out would people get banned from the LB?

Unless those servers are Open Source and usable without hacking your console, there isn't a hope in hell of them being approved by the CRT:

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unless those servers are Open Source and usable without hacking your console, there isn't a hope in hell of them being approved by the CRT:

I just took a quick look at the site, it seems that it uses LAN mode and the VPN to connect to each other.  At first glance this would be no different to Xlink? from the Vita as all it's doing is creating a connection and not being a custom server as such.

@MMDE

1 minute ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I just took a quick look at the site, it seems that it uses LAN mode and the VPN to connect to each other.  At first glance this would be no different to Xlink? from the Vita as all it's doing is creating a connection and not being a custom server as such.

@MMDE

If that's how it works, then it should be ok under the CRT's rules ?.

3 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

@MMDE

Changing DNS just means the console is contacting something else. What it is connecting to is the potential problem.

10 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Changing DNS just means the console is contacting something else. What it is connecting to is the potential problem.

I did take a look into the VPN, from the website all that it states that it does is allow computers to appear on the same local network regardless of where they are in the world (and nothing else).

This method wouldn't even allow people to earn the ranked trophies.

That's even if it's possible to use the PS3 via this method.

Edited by Dark_Overlord

1 minute ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I did take a look into the VPN, from the website all that it states that it does is allow computers to appear on the same local network regardless of where they are in the world (and nothing else).

This method wouldn't even allow people to earn the ranked trophies.

Yeah, if it's just a VPN in the traditional sense (not the one that is just about changing IP), then sure. VPN like many companies etc use to connect all their computers on a virtual private network. That it is not some special console connecting service etc.