A Friend In Need trophy(pet).

GhostsxShadow

Anyone else having some issues with achieving this trophy.  I'm up to the 7th of 8th tiers(I'm sure it will time out before I could beat it) but the amount of health those characters have is intense.  I see the rarity isn't really low so I figure maybe I'm just using a horrible team?  Tips?

The Mang (hero weapon: red/brown) can be very helpful, both by stripping away the entirety of an enemy's armor and converting it into attack.

If you're fighting enemies that aren't Impervious (or otherwise Devour-proof), Devour is your best friend.  The Gob Chomper is helpful against Goblin enemies -- 50% to proc Devour when he casts against Goblins -- but using creatures such as Cerberus and The Great Maw and Kraken are a great help.  It won't work against Magnus, but I can't think of too many other enemies I've seen in Pet Rescue events who are immune.

• Like 1

If you read the spell description on the Kraken, it's a 35% chance to trigger Devour but only on the last enemy (and only if said enemy is not immune).

You could go into your Troops sub-menu and keyword search for "Devour".  You might have a few other candidates, given that I only provided a partial list of the most common Devouring troops and not an exhaustive one.  You might be surprised at what turns up.  You could also search for "destroy", although that probably won't work as well because there aren't very many troops that do that (and most of them that do are high base rarity).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you really want to be using Devour troops for this one.

I used my main guy as a kind of decoy while I built up charge for the three monsters with Devour on my team, which were The Great Maw, that Cerberus thing I forget what its name is and the Gorbil. The Great Maw's special is a guaranteed devour but it can only be used once a game so I had it near the top, whereas the Cerberus one has a 40% chance to devour and deals  damage anyway. The Gorbil has a 10% chance boosted by Blue gems on the field so there's a good chance that will work most of the time depending on the amount of Blue gems on the field.

Regardless it can still be quite luck based depending on what drops your opponent gets or whether or not the Devour succeeds but considering that you have unlimited tries just keep at it and once you do get one off that's pretty much the game for you most of the time. My troops weren't even particularly high level either as it's completely irrelevant once they succeed with a Devour. 

• 3 months later...

I used The Great Maw, Black Beast, The Kraken and Kerberus. Used Maw to wipe out the bottom enemy, unless that enemy is immune to devour. Used Black Beast to devour Maw to double up on attack damage. Usually my bottom two troops will get one shot, if they dont devour then i use Black Beast on those two aswell to turn him pretty much into a tank. Skull damage wipes out the rest.

• 2 months later...