This isn't a 3/10 difficulty game

EsotericLight777

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Buje-Boy said:

I got some trouble with that game. I don't have the experience in this kind of "shooter" ? . I wanna have the platinum, but after 1 minute or so I die. Can anyone help me with some tipps and tricks? ?

I'm sure there's better advice in the guide honestly. Anyhow, I got both Platinums really quick & I'm by no means good at this style of game. Turning off ink in the vita version worked wonders for me.

It's, from my perspective, all about that multiplier. Just don't get hit. Slow down time as much as you need as you won't be losing health from being hit. I'm not exact on how many waves it took but I think it was 15 without being hit & I had close enough to the needed score. Sticking to a corner & holding that spot as much as I could helped, just from a focus standpoint. Spam firing worked really well with every weapon other than the rockets. Once I got the rockets I'd just slow time & be really careful with my shot selection. 

This is a solid 3/10 every day of the week. Just takes a little practice & understanding of the mechanics. I actually quite enjoyed the game. Good luck to yourself & everyone else with it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got this late November 2018. 

Boy is this pure hell. I cannot put into words the emotions this game made me experience.

Only got to level 4 once, lol.

This reminds me of Flappy Goat because that travesty was the same. Easy for some, mind numblingly hard for others.

Good thing it's only $5.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2018 at 0:46 AM, xPsYcHoNoVa said:

When I first played the game the platinum seemed impossible for me, so I didn’t bother playing it for months. Then I decided to give it another try, and something just clicked in my brain. I was able to complete it.

That's it, I spent around a month trying to get to the 100k score,and one day it just happened and got the plat 5 mins after...

On 5/12/2018 at 6:04 AM, TurtlePM said:

The same goes to “2/10 with a guide; 8/10 without a guide” - LOL NO, REALLY? -_- it’s easy to platinum, if you’re not skilled enough, try harder.

Games with ratings listed like this typically have some sort of puzzle game component and that's why it's harder without a guide. The actions themselves are easy, nothing "git gud" about it. So if you know the answer it is easy, but if you want to solve all the puzzles yourself like the game intends that's a different story. 

Take Obduction as an example. One of the trophies relies on a specific set of actions to reveal an Easter egg given to a certain tier of the original Kickstarter backers. It involves typing in a rather long code string of numbers... 16 digits I think? Because of the internet age there are lists of these codes available and you pick the one you want and punch it in, easy. Without one of these codes readily accessible though the trophy would be a lot of mind numbing brute forcing (and a lot of loading screens since this is a two-world action) unless you were or knew one of the Kickstarter backers who was mailed a code. I mean, once you figured out that was even the process to get that trophy in the first place, which is not made clear by the game either. 

This particular instance is less puzzle more "either you know it or you don't" but I still think it's a good example of why a difficulty spike without a guide is expected in some games. Not all games rely on just hitting buttons at the right time on a controller. Sometimes you actually have to think! Or, you know, look up the answer in a guide. 

I mean, a math test is 1/10 difficulty if you copy off the answer key too. 

• Like 1

Game gets a whole less laggy when you put your vita on airplane mode and download the patch to remove ink. I actually did the game 6 times (3 Vita, 3 PS4) and I believe it took me an average of 2 hours each vita version.

Edit: Got all PS4 versions done in about 30 minutes

Edited by Nitro

24 minutes ago, SolarCat02 said:

Games with ratings listed like this typically have some sort of puzzle game component and that's why it's harder without a guide. The actions themselves are easy, nothing "git gud" about it. So if you know the answer it is easy, but if you want to solve all the puzzles yourself like the game intends that's a different story. 

Take Obduction as an example. One of the trophies relies on a specific set of actions to reveal an Easter egg given to a certain tier of the original Kickstarter backers. It involves typing in a rather long code string of numbers... 16 digits I think? Because of the internet age there are lists of these codes available and you pick the one you want and punch it in, easy. Without one of these codes readily accessible though the trophy would be a lot of mind numbing brute forcing (and a lot of loading screens since this is a two-world action) unless you were or knew one of the Kickstarter backers who was mailed a code. I mean, once you figured out that was even the process to get that trophy in the first place, which is not made clear by the game either. 

This particular instance is less puzzle more "either you know it or you don't" but I still think it's a good example of why a difficulty spike without a guide is expected in some games. Not all games rely on just hitting buttons at the right time on a controller. Sometimes you actually have to think! Or, you know, look up the answer in a guide. 

I mean, a math test is 1/10 difficulty if you copy off the answer key too. 

That’s exactly what I said with the quote you made: 95% of the game you play without a guide are more difficult. The other 5%, don’t raise the difficulty, they only take longer.

Im playing Word Search at the moment. There is a trophy guide for the game, but I’m playing it without checking the solution. So, it will never raise the difficulty of the platinum, it just raises the time I spend on the game searching for words.

Point and click games like Broken Sword are very easy if following a guide, you just need to copy everything someone does in a video; if you do it yourself, they are a pain in the ass... So, it is absurd to mention “it’s harder without a guide” because that’s something... obvious.

A game that asks for 30 minutes of playthrough to platinum will never be an “8” compared to other games that actually requires skill and technique.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Im doing something terribly wrong. Its over before it truelly began...lol

Just dying left and right.

Never in my life played something so hard.

Lol

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...