What about God Of War 1 & 2?

I've been wanting to get into the series, however, for some reason only 'God Of War III' has been ported to PS4. Why?

I read somewhere that Sony only ported III because "they want as many people as possible to join in on the franchise", this explanation is so illogical that Spock probably shot himself. Wouldn't they port 1 & 2 over if that's their goal? 

Regardless, I haven't been able to find any logical explanation for only the 3rd game being ported. Do any of you know of a sensical reason? Also, does anyone know if we can expect to see the first two games anytime soon or shall I just spend $100+ for the saga collection? (oh wait, that's on PS3, so nevermind) 

NOTE: For those of you who'll reply with "the games are on PS3, so why not play them there?", don't, that makes no sense (I've actually seen that as a common reply on other websites).

Edited by Crispy78923
  • Like 3

would be nice to includes those on the ps4. but that is up to the dev's. i would even purchase it again.

unfortunately the first 2 games are only on the vita and ps3.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

Just now, kingdrake2 said:

would be nice to includes those on the ps4. but that is up to the dev's. i would even purchase it again.

unfortunately the first 2 games are only on the vita and ps3. 

Why did you reply with this? This doesn't help anyone, please don't. 

• Like 3

because the devs thought it was a good idea and it sucks.  

The developer hates DLC and all that microtransaction bullshit he even said it multiple times when it comes to god of war (2018 release). So I think he just doesn't want to moneywhore on people and keep remastering everything.

So what do you do? as we speak I'm now finishing gow2. All games are on PS now and it works like a charm. Still got a few days left on my free trial. Voila free god of wars :awesome::platinum:

1 hour ago, Crispy78923 said:

Why did you reply with this? This doesn't help anyone, please don't. 

What kind of answer did you expect? The simple answer is that Santa Monica simply chose not to. Until they themselves come forward with a reason everything we say here is only going to be conjecture and assumptions. Stop trying to limit what people can say as a reply. I’ve seen you do this a lot in the threads you make. This is a discussion forum and therefore people are going to chime in with their personal thoughts. Deal with it.

• Like 2

What kind of answer do you expect? It sounds like some sort of monologue you made public and then you complain about when people share their thoughts? Do you expect an employee from Santa Monica to jump into this thread and answer your question? According to your profile you have a PS3 anyway, so where is the problem to play 1 & 2 on there?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Happy said:

OP: “Hey this sucks”

First Reply: “I agree this does suck”

OP: “Wow dude you’re not helping anyone”

The simple answer is that porting 3 to current gen was a pretty simple job. Making the PS2 games look presentable by modern standards would take more resources than you can safely assume to gain out of selling these games again. Your options are to let Sony know there’s an interest, buy a PS3, buy a PS2 or maybe see if you can emulate the games.

Given Jak, I wonder if they'd just go the PS2 emulation way. Then those would be seen as PS2 games so the graphics wouldn't be a big deal at that point.

I always found it odd they didn't at least do Ascension as well. I know it didn't seem to sell much, but PS4 had some dry spells it could have benefited from.

Edited by Elvick_

1 hour ago, Crispy78923 said:

NOTE: For those of you who'll reply with "the games are on PS3, so why not play them there?", don't, that makes no sense (I've actually seen that as a common reply on other websites).

As for this nonsense, yes, actually, it does make sense. The games are only available in HD on the PS3 and Vita so if you want to play it in HD then you’ll just have to either suck it up and get the God of War Collection or wait indefinitely until Santa Monica possibly decides to port the collection to PS4. Stop being picky.

• Like 1

Just now, Crispy78923 said:

Why did you reply with this? This doesn't help anyone, please don't

Yea because making sure that everyone with your sentiment only responds would make for a great discussion....

That's not called a discussion anymore, that's more along the lines of boosting your ego/confidence..

As for replying to the post, yes, saying that playing them on the ps3 is a valid point. They were made HD, 60 fps on the ps3 for a reason.

If you disagree, which I'm sure you do, then good let's talk.

13 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Just fucking lay off this guy for Christ sakes.

No need to get all defensive towards him for asking a goddamn question.

The question has been answered like 20 times... it was actually answered in the first reply in the thread, the crowd just turned on him when he chose to act like an asshole anyways.

Edited by Dreakon13

2 hours ago, Crispy78923 said:

?

It’s a common reply because it’s common sense.

“I want to play this game that is available on PS2 and PS3!”

”Then play it on PS2 or PS3”

”That makes no sense!”

???

If you want an answer as to why they re-released GoW3 on PS4 but not GoW or GoW2, we can’t possibly know, but I’d wager it’s because the first two games were on PS2, and everyone had/has a PS2.

The PS3 was not as popular as the PS2 though, nor as popular as the PS4 is now, so a lot of people jumped ship to Xbox360, then came back across to PS4 this time round.

Also, the last generation was so long that there are a lot of players who started gaming on Xbox360, and only came across to the Sony side this time round.

It makes much more sense to re-release successful exclusives from last gen on this console, as there is a larger base to sell to - the nostalgia seekers and the folks who switched over/back this time around.

Plus, there is the added benefit that GoW3 still looks fairly impressive, and is at least comparable to PS4 games graphically.

They will still sell some copies to new people on a level with PS4 games - the casual observer would not necessarily even notice that the game originated on a previous console.

The first two, on the other hand, look damn rough by modern standards - even in HD. They will only sell based on nostalgia and nothing else - and that nostalgia seeking contingent is reduced significantly, since a fair number of that group will already have bought the PS3 remake. It takes a particular kind of superfan to buy yet another remake with each new generation- they certainly exist (i’ve lost count of how many different times i’ve paid for Chronotrigger or Final Fantasy 6 on different platforms) but I doubt God of War boasts enough of those types of fan to justify the development costs.

(Though, having said that, maybe they do now, given the huge positive reception of the new one - there might be a whole new stack of people who want to go back and play the whole series, so you never know. It might make sense to do them now - so you could get your wish.)

27 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Just fucking lay off this guy for Christ sakes.

No need to get all defensive towards him for asking a goddamn question.

No need to play devil's advocate either.

I'm pretty sure the games are on PSNow. So you can play them on PS4.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

PSNow has all the God of War Games. 

Which doesn't require a ps3! 

But because they're on PSnow I don't think there will be remasters. That and a lottt of new people that got into the new GoW(which is way more than I thought), would be turned off because the first one and the new one are pretty different.