What about God Of War 1 & 2?

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Just fucking lay off this guy for Christ sakes.

No need to get all defensive towards him for asking a goddamn question.

I think most of the responses in this thread, including my own, are in direct reponse to the attitude of the OP. If you open with the statement that forces the thread to be an echo chamber for his or her views, most people aren't going to be ok with that. They are getting dog piled on and rightfully so. 

An open forum is not a place to go fishing for an echo chamber. 

If I wanted to play a game from a past console like the ps3, I'd be more inclined to push for backwards compatibly rather than pushing for a developer to re-release the same game for 40/50 euros as if they're doing me a favor.Anyway,since the games are on Psnow the physical copy sales of Gow1/2 would be so low it just wouldn't be worth the developers' time or money.

6 hours ago, Phil said:

I think most of the responses in this thread, including my own, are in direct reponse to the attitude of the OP. If you open with the statement that forces the thread to be an echo chamber for his or her views, most people aren't going to be ok with that. They are getting dog piled on and rightfully so. 

An open forum is not a place to go fishing for an echo chamber. 

I completely understand that. But obviously people are going to go a bit too far with the criticism, I've seen both sides of the line.

Back to topic, Jak and Daxter has been released on four platforms. God of War has been released on three platforms, and with this Playstation Now service in full swing nobody feels the need to port the games over to the Playstation 4.

A lot of people have requested the inFamous games to get a remaster. But that's not a big priority, probably won't be for a long time.

You either have to go with a Playstation 3 or simply stream with Playstation Now.

15 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

No need to play devil's advocate either.

I'm pretty sure the games are on PSNow. So you can play them on PS4.

PSnow isn't what he wants. He wants the actual games released on PS4, not PSnow. Think about what you're saying. He wants to know why it was only 3 that was ported over, when they could of done 1 and 2 as well. Take a good look at what he said and then take a good look at yourself. Start turning those cogs and have a think.

17 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

It was easier to port GOW3 to PS4 as it's already in HD and requires little more than a bit of visual/texture polish. 1 and 2 on the other hand look very dated (even on the PS3 'remasters', they don't look great and they didn't even bother touching up the CGI cutscenes which look awful) so they probably didn't see it as financially viable when there's so many other versions of the game to play. 

However, the new GOW and it success has won a ton of new fans, either younger ones who weren't around in the PS2 days or Xbox players who have jumped over to Sony for the first time, so I wouldn't be surprised if 1 and 2 saw the light of day on PS4 eventually so they can see when it all started.

Thank you for actually contributing to the discussion and giving a good and reasonable answer. Here's to you.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Daft Gamer said:

What kind of answer did you expect? The simple answer is that Santa Monica simply chose not to. Until they themselves come forward with a reason everything we say here is only going to be conjecture and assumptions. Stop trying to limit what people can say as a reply. I’ve seen you do this a lot in the threads you make. This is a discussion forum and therefore people are going to chime in with their personal thoughts. Deal with it.

I expected an actual answer. That person didn't even attempt an answer. Is that so hard to comprehend? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crispy78923 said:

I expected an actual answer. That person didn't even attempt an answer. Is that so hard to comprehend? 

There is no answer to your question that anyone except for Sony themselves can answer. Would you have prefered that instead of a conversation or discussion?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, soniq said:

There is no answer to your question that anyone except for Sony themselves can answer. Would you have prefered that instead of a conversation or discussion?

He is asking for any possible reasons. It seems nonsensical to him that they wouldn't just do all of the games, he just wants a rough idea of what could be the reason. Konami made their slot machines, but they didn't say "we like money more than you", people figured that out themselves. @Crispy78923 just wants to see if anyone has figured out the answer to his question.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheEyeOfSa said:

He is asking for any possible reasons. It seems nonsensical to him that they wouldn't just do all of the games, he just wants a rough idea of what could be the reason. Konami made their slot machines, but they didn't say "we like money more than you", people figured that out themselves. @Crispy78923 just wants to see if anyone has figured out the answer to his question.

@Darth_Krid gave a pretty good answer. The assets are not good enough.

Let's hope @Crispy78923 deems his response satisfactory. ?

6 minutes ago, Crispy78923 said:

@Darth_Krid actually gave a rather nice response; offering a logical explanation that was easy to follow. I hope in future people like him get to topics earlier than most. 

Yes, I already praised him earlier. Rare to see an actual person on this site.

• Like 3