gamebox2122

Jak 2 PS3 debug platnium help

17 posts in this topic

Most people know about the debug mode in the jak and daxter trilogy and how it makes it easy to get the platnium but on ps3 and vita you won't unlock all the trophies like with the ps4 versions. 

I was wondering if anyone knew which cutscenes to watch in jak 2 on ps3 to unlock the trophies and how many times you might need to watch them, I already know how to access the cutscenes, if anyone can help please reply

Really wish there were specific Vita and PS3 guides to getting everything you can from debug menu. Everything I saw was for the PS4 version while just tacking on PS3/Vita to the title.

Maybe there are now, I haven't looked since around the time it was first found.

I'm not disagreeing with the whole cheat codes/exploit but a debug method in this game, why? Just play the game as normal. I see it as a dishonest platinum in this instance tbh... Asking for a guide for the debug option... Really?!? 😒😒😒

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
Edit

10 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm not disagreeing with the whole cheat codes/exploit but a debug method in this game, why? Just play the game as normal. I see it as a dishonest platinum in this instance tbh... Asking for a guide for the debug option... Really?!? 1f612.png1f612.png1f612.png

I agree. If people don't want to play games and just get the platinum what's the point, they're purely paying for a platinum at that point. I personally have no respect for those who can't be brotherd to actually enjoy games and all they care about platinums, platinums have meaning because of the effot you have to do to get them. Auto popping trophies shouldn't be allowed and cheats in games should always disable trophies, those who do it aren't showing skill so the platinums they have are worthless.

1 minute ago, Elvick_ said:

Because Jak 2 is terrible, obviously.

Reveal hidden contents

/my opinion

Yeah, I kinda agree. I had tons of fun with Jak 1 (Precursor's Leagcy), but Jak 2 just dropped this fun, open world, collectible driven, exploration gameplay in favor of more complex, but not quite as polished story focuesd gameplay. At least that's what I grasped upon playing first hour of it. It just wasn't fun for me :(

Just now, Elvick_ said:

Reveal hidden contents

/my opinion

It may be terrible for you, but having a platinum on your profile that you completed in a matter of seconds/minutes as this game isn't autopopping, it's a cheap move, if you played through the game and even used the orb glitch that seems better as it's kind of a honest  platinum, but with the debug I don't get it? 

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

8 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

It may be terrible for you, but having a platinum on your profile that you completed in a matter of seconds/minutes as this game isn't stackable, it's a cheap move, if you played through the game and even used the orb glitch that seems better as it's kind of a honest  platinum, but with the debug I don't get it? 

What do you mean it isn't stackable? The Vita/PS3 and PS4 versions all have their own separate lists? Or are you confusing autopopping with stacking?

Personally I played Jak and Jak 3. They were ok. Compared to R&C and Sly, I thought they were less enjoyable. I am looking forward to the upcoming Spyro remakes. But I can't see that I would want to play the Jak games again.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing the PS4 collection on sale and using the debug method for some extra trophies or to help with a trophy event.

25 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Hide contents

/my opinion

I agree, Jak 2 is terrible. I've played it over and over on the vita and the trophies are frustrating. I'll keep 1 of each version w/o debug and the rest with it. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire
Spelling

Just now, diskdocx said:

What do you mean it isn't stackable? The Vita/PS3 and PS4 versions all have their own separate lists? Or are you confusing autopopping with stacking?

Personally I played Jak and Jak 3. They were ok. Compared to R&C and Sly, I thought they were less enjoyable. I am looking forward to the upcoming Spyro remakes. But I can't see that I would want to play the Jak games again.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing the PS4 collection on sale and using the debug method for some extra trophies or to help with a trophy event.

I'm sorry, I meant autopopping, I've had a long day 😧. Compared to R&C or Sly, Jak doesn't stand it's ground when it comes to those.

I don't get that whole complex with buying a game just because of trophies, to me that's  a waste of valuable money... But each to their own I guess ☺

So can anyone help?

The reason I want to just get the platnium without playing the whole game because I already played it on vita and ps4

2 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm not disagreeing with the whole cheat codes/exploit but a debug method in this game, why? Just play the game as normal. I see it as a dishonest platinum in this instance tbh... Asking for a guide for the debug option... Really?!? 1f612.png1f612.png1f612.png

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Reveal hidden contents

/my opinion

The orb glitch is all people need.

The debug method is almost like getting the platinum in 1000 Top Rated or Slyde, though I probably wouldn't go that far as you actually have to input buttons for the debug method.

All these scrubby scrublords. Shame on you for not meeting everyones platinum standards! Away with you! We are not a community, we are an elitist bunch of digital medal collectors happen to use the same site!

EDIT: I found something for you. I just copy-pasted it because I don't have the time right now to format it nicely.

Hope this will still help you:

For ps3 load last level of the game like in youtube instruction u will get about 15% on those trophies: - Poor Kid trophy (bronze) - Dead and Gone trophy (bronze) - Kaboom! trophy (bronze) - Signature Moves trophy (bronze) - Turrets Syndrome trophy (bronze) - Stripped Down trophy (bronze) - Over Easy trophy (silver) - Lost and Found trophy (silver) - Just the artifacts Ma'am trophy (bronze) Then watch following cutscenes, for about 4-5 second, reload few times to be sure u get: Act I Quite the Money Collectors - Cha-ching trophy (bronze) Act II The Light Tower Rises - No man is a canyon trophy (bronze) The Door Opens - Testosterone trophy (silver) Act III Statue Busting - What's that smell trophy (bronze) The Big Crush - Speed Quicker trophy (silver) The Celebration (final scene) - Pedal to the metal trophy (gold) - Heavy Distortion rophy (bronze) - Finders Keepers trophy (bronze) - Speed Speedily trophy (gold) - Grin and Baron It trophy (silver) but im not 100% sure i get it there Finally use second controller trick, hold ps button and assign controller you are using now as "2", then juz press L3+X in game to get: - The Collector trophy (bronze) - The Collectivist trophy (silver) - The Collectationator! trophy (gold) - Head Over Heels trophy (bronze) - Head Cheese trophy (silver) - Head Master trophy (gold) Those gave me 74% of trophies but i didn't check all of them yet, if someone get something from some other cutscenes please write under this, so we can find all trophies in cutscenes and make full guide for ps3 version of the game.

Edited by Stardew Shelly

On 10.5.2018 at 2:30 PM, Elvick_ said:

Hide contents

/my opinion

I totally agree with you. I played Jak 1 PS3(legit), thought it was brilliant and played it directly again on Vita (legit), then I started Jak II and I could not believe how you can go from Jak I to the utter shitfest that is Jak II. I did plat it on the Vita (legit), but I frigging hated the experience.

I do not mind that other players can get it with the debug mode (all in case of PS4, some in case of Vita)

And yes, I just bought the PS4 versions of the games where I will be using the debug version myself.

I found that by using the R2 instant revive and also just floating to the end of levels, most of the trophies unlock. 

Any advice on how/where to farm metal head skulls? Found a YouTube video for infinitely spawning hoppers in the mountain but they aren't dropping them infinitely. Playing the Vita version.

On 10/05/2018 at 1:15 PM, ZachBoardyHD said:

It’s cheating but in-game cheating so at least he isn’t using hacks because using hacks is ACTUAL cheating. Well, I assume the debug is in-game anyway.

Edited by BrettyBoy