Jak 2 PS3 debug platnium help

gamebox2122

Most people know about the debug mode in the jak and daxter trilogy and how it makes it easy to get the platnium but on ps3 and vita you won't unlock all the trophies like with the ps4 versions. 

I was wondering if anyone knew which cutscenes to watch in jak 2 on ps3 to unlock the trophies and how many times you might need to watch them, I already know how to access the cutscenes, if anyone can help please reply

• Like 2

Really wish there were specific Vita and PS3 guides to getting everything you can from debug menu. Everything I saw was for the PS4 version while just tacking on PS3/Vita to the title.

Maybe there are now, I haven't looked since around the time it was first found.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm not disagreeing with the whole cheat codes/exploit but a debug method in this game, why? Just play the game as normal. I see it as a dishonest platinum in this instance tbh... Asking for a guide for the debug option... Really?!? 1f612.png1f612.png1f612.png

I agree. If people don't want to play games and just get the platinum what's the point, they're purely paying for a platinum at that point. I personally have no respect for those who can't be brotherd to actually enjoy games and all they care about platinums, platinums have meaning because of the effot you have to do to get them. Auto popping trophies shouldn't be allowed and cheats in games should always disable trophies, those who do it aren't showing skill so the platinums they have are worthless.

Just now, Elvick_ said:

Because Jak 2 is terrible, obviously.

Reveal hidden contents

/my opinion

It may be terrible for you, but having a platinum on your profile that you completed in a matter of seconds/minutes as this game isn't autopopping, it's a cheap move, if you played through the game and even used the orb glitch that seems better as it's kind of a honest  platinum, but with the debug I don't get it? 

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

8 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

It may be terrible for you, but having a platinum on your profile that you completed in a matter of seconds/minutes as this game isn't stackable, it's a cheap move, if you played through the game and even used the orb glitch that seems better as it's kind of a honest  platinum, but with the debug I don't get it? 

What do you mean it isn't stackable? The Vita/PS3 and PS4 versions all have their own separate lists? Or are you confusing autopopping with stacking?

Personally I played Jak and Jak 3. They were ok. Compared to R&C and Sly, I thought they were less enjoyable. I am looking forward to the upcoming Spyro remakes. But I can't see that I would want to play the Jak games again.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing the PS4 collection on sale and using the debug method for some extra trophies or to help with a trophy event.

25 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Hide contents

/my opinion

I agree, Jak 2 is terrible. I've played it over and over on the vita and the trophies are frustrating. I'll keep 1 of each version w/o debug and the rest with it. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire
Spelling

Just now, diskdocx said:

What do you mean it isn't stackable? The Vita/PS3 and PS4 versions all have their own separate lists? Or are you confusing autopopping with stacking?

Personally I played Jak and Jak 3. They were ok. Compared to R&C and Sly, I thought they were less enjoyable. I am looking forward to the upcoming Spyro remakes. But I can't see that I would want to play the Jak games again.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing the PS4 collection on sale and using the debug method for some extra trophies or to help with a trophy event.

I'm sorry, I meant autopopping, I've had a long day ?. Compared to R&C or Sly, Jak doesn't stand it's ground when it comes to those.

I don't get that whole complex with buying a game just because of trophies, to me that's  a waste of valuable money... But each to their own I guess ☺

2 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm not disagreeing with the whole cheat codes/exploit but a debug method in this game, why? Just play the game as normal. I see it as a dishonest platinum in this instance tbh... Asking for a guide for the debug option... Really?!? 1f612.png1f612.png1f612.png

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Reveal hidden contents

/my opinion

The orb glitch is all people need.

The debug method is almost like getting the platinum in 1000 Top Rated or Slyde, though I probably wouldn't go that far as you actually have to input buttons for the debug method.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/05/2018 at 1:15 PM, ZachBoardyHD said:

It’s cheating but in-game cheating so at least he isn’t using hacks because using hacks is ACTUAL cheating. Well, I assume the debug is in-game anyway.

Edited by BrettyBoy

• 2 years later...
On 11/5/2018 at 4:31 AM, Paleblood said:

All these scrubby scrublords. Shame on you for not meeting everyones platinum standards! Away with you! We are not a community, we are an elitist bunch of digital medal collectors happen to use the same site!

EDIT: I found something for you. I just copy-pasted it because I don't have the time right now to format it nicely.

Hope this will still help you:

For ps3 load last level of the game like in youtube instruction u will get about 15% on those trophies: - Poor Kid trophy (bronze) - Dead and Gone trophy (bronze) - Kaboom! trophy (bronze) - Signature Moves trophy (bronze) - Turrets Syndrome trophy (bronze) - Stripped Down trophy (bronze) - Over Easy trophy (silver) - Lost and Found trophy (silver) - Just the artifacts Ma'am trophy (bronze) Then watch following cutscenes, for about 4-5 second, reload few times to be sure u get: Act I Quite the Money Collectors - Cha-ching trophy (bronze) Act II The Light Tower Rises - No man is a canyon trophy (bronze) The Door Opens - Testosterone trophy (silver) Act III Statue Busting - What's that smell trophy (bronze) The Big Crush - Speed Quicker trophy (silver) The Celebration (final scene) - Pedal to the metal trophy (gold) - Heavy Distortion rophy (bronze) - Finders Keepers trophy (bronze) - Speed Speedily trophy (gold) - Grin and Baron It trophy (silver) but im not 100% sure i get it there Finally use second controller trick, hold ps button and assign controller you are using now as "2", then juz press L3+X in game to get: - The Collector trophy (bronze) - The Collectivist trophy (silver) - The Collectationator! trophy (gold) - Head Over Heels trophy (bronze) - Head Cheese trophy (silver) - Head Master trophy (gold) Those gave me 74% of trophies but i didn't check all of them yet, if someone get something from some other cutscenes please write under this, so we can find all trophies in cutscenes and make full guide for ps3 version of the game.

3 years after your very useful post, i will extend data on Jak II PS3 debug trophies.

Following trophies can be unlocked after named cutscenes, you may need to reload a few times to make it work:

Finders Keepers ……………. Act 3 Sig’s in Trouble

Speed Quicker….. .Act 3 Krew makes a threat

Grin and Baron It………… Act 3 The Game Player Steps Up

Timber!.......... Act 3 Getting the Time Map

We’re All Friends Here…. Act 3 Sig’s in Trouble

Speeding slowly…….. act 3 It’s a trap

Strip Mine Not Yours….. Act 2 The Wells Go Boom!

Testosterone....... Act 2 The door opens

Next trophies you need to use Chapter select and actually PLAY the proper requirement in order to unlock, sorry there is no automatic unlock here, 

for example Speed Speedily requires you to load the Big Race scene and actually WIN after that cutscene will follow and trophy will pop afterwards.

More Power to You, Speed Speedily, Skip the Stairs, Don't Let Him Get Away, Scout's Honor, Sunken Ship, Clap Hands, Doggin' the Hellcats, I Heart Heart, Who Knew Krew Blew? , KerplashAND Heavy Distortion

Hope it helps.

Edited by Azrael-CP
  • Like 3

On 2021-03-30 at 0:06 PM, Azrael-CP said:

3 years after your very useful post, i will extend data on Jak II PS3 debug trophies.

Following trophies can be unlocked after named cutscenes, you may need to reload a few times to make it work:

Next trophies you need to use Chapter select and actually PLAY the proper requirement in order to unlock, sorry there is no automatic unlock here, 

for example Speed Speedily requires you to load the Big Race scene and actually WIN after that cutscene will follow and trophy will pop afterwards.

More Power to You, Speed Speedily, Skip the Stairs, Don't Let Him Get Away, Scout's Honor, Sunken Ship, Clap Hands, Doggin' the Hellcats, I Heart Heart, Who Knew Krew Blew? , KerplashAND Heavy Distortion

Hope it helps.

Starting it now - thks mate

On 2018-05-10 at 5:37 AM, ZachBoardyHD said:

It may be terrible for you, but having a platinum on your profile that you completed in a matter of seconds/minutes as this game isn't autopopping, it's a cheap move, if you played through the game and even used the orb glitch that seems better as it's kind of a honest  platinum, but with the debug I don't get it? 

I agree with you, but being pragmatic, it can be real tough to take a stance on this one. At this point so many people have gained the trophies this way that the platinum has been completely devalued anyways, making it seem pointless to suffer through a really bad game like Jak 2 for the trophies when nobody else has.

Take Subnautica for example. It’s been the top game on PSNP this month, and as I scrolled through the recent achievers peeping profiles out of curiosity, it couldn’t escape my notice that out of the thousands of recent achievers, almost every single person who has platinumed this game recently used the dev mode exploit. After a week I caved in and decided to join the crowd, because fuck it. I had a really bad trophy output this past month of March, wasn’t interested in the game to begin with, and felt like I was getting left in the dust, so I finally gave in.

My stance on the Jak trilogy has always been that 1 & 3 are dope games, whereas 2 is garbage. Since each platinum has a stack, I decided I will probably use the exploit for the PS4 versions, and then leave room to enjoy the PS3 versions legitimately in the future. This way I’m getting the best of both worlds.

However, in a perfect world where everything was under my control, I would love to do away with all the dev consoles exploits, auto-pops and regional stacks, nuke publishers like Ratalaika, POWGI etc. off the face of the earth, and go back to the good old days when there was a nice, even and competitive playing field, and platinum trophies in general had significantly more value as virtual accomplishments than they do now.

But we don’t live in that world, so for now I just try to make the best of the clusterfuck that PlayStation trophy hunting has become, and try my best to tune out what other people are doing and keep the FOMO at bay so I can focus on only playing games that I enjoy and that are satisfying and fulfilling to beat. But it’s not always so easy. ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I agree with you, but being pragmatic, it can be real tough to take a stance on this one. At this point so many people have gained the trophies this way that the platinum has been completely devalued anyways, making it seem pointless to suffer through a really bad game like Jak 2 for the trophies when nobody else has.

Take Subnautica for example. It’s been the top game on PSNP this month, and as I scrolled through the recent achievers peeping profiles out of curiosity, it couldn’t escape my notice that out of the thousands of recent achievers, almost every single person who has platinumed this game recently used the dev mode exploit. After a week I caved in and decided to join the crowd, because fuck it. I had a really bad trophy output this past month of March, wasn’t interested in the game to begin with, and felt like I was getting left in the dust, so I finally gave in.

My stance on the Jak trilogy has always been that 1 & 3 are dope games, whereas 2 is garbage. Since each platinum has a stack, I decided I will probably use the exploit for the PS4 versions, and then leave room to enjoy the PS3 versions legitimately in the future. This way I’m getting the best of both worlds.

However, in a perfect world where everything was under my control, I would love to do away with all the dev consoles exploits, auto-pops and regional stacks, nuke publishers like Ratalaika, POWGI etc. off the face of the earth, and go back to the good old days when there was a nice, even and competitive playing field, and platinum trophies in general had significantly more value as virtual accomplishments than they do now.

But we don’t live in that world, so for now I just try to make the best of the clusterfuck that PlayStation trophy hunting has become, and try my best to tune out what other people are doing and keep the FOMO at bay so I can focus on only playing games that I enjoy and that are satisfying and fulfilling to beat. But it’s not always so easy. 1f629.png

POWGI is great, and Rata isn't too bad other than making easy trophy lists and lots of stacks for the games they port.

58 minutes ago, MMDE said:

isn't too bad other than making easy trophy lists and lots of stacks for the games they port.

Yeah, that’s exactly my point though. The games could stay, but if it was up to me the ezpz platinum trend would be wiped off the face of the earth. There are many developers and publishers who are responsible for the rise of this phenomenon, but off the top of my head these are 2 of the biggest offenders.

Whether you like these types of games are not is completely fine and totally up to each individual. My problem isn’t the games themselves, but lies within the fact they all come with trophy lists that are specifically engineered to be extremely quick & effortless (often within the 15-60 minute range) and are stackable upwards of 5 or 6 times.

In my opinion, it’s really hard to argue that this hasn’t had an overwhelmingly negative impact on the trophy hunting community as these types of platinums have over saturated the market. It has completely changed the mentality of many trophy hunters and the reasons for which they collect trophies in the first place, contributes to our culture’s overall laziness and increasing need for instant gratification in every facet of our lives, and overall, has greatly diminished the perceived value of each platinum trophy which negatively impacts every one of us.

Luckily for you, I’m not running the world. ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, Azrael-CP said:

Hope it helps.

Adding on to this...I played the cutscene for Grin and Baron It several times, and it ended up unlocking Kersplash.  I'm pretty sure that's not the only time this has happened on my list - I wasn't paying attention since I was playing the cutscenes several times.  I'm wondering if it's just playing a cutscene enough times triggers any trophy to unlock.

EDIT:  I played that same cutscene for an hour, and also unlocked I Heart Heart and Who Knew Krew Blew.

Edited by themindisacity

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 3:46 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah, that’s exactly my point though. The games could stay, but if it was up to me the ezpz platinum trend would be wiped off the face of the earth. There are many developers and publishers who are responsible for the rise of this phenomenon, but off the top of my head these are 2 of the biggest offenders.

Whether you like these types of games are not is completely fine and totally up to each individual. My problem isn’t the games themselves, but lies within the fact they all come with trophy lists that are specifically engineered to be extremely quick & effortless (often within the 15-60 minute range) and are stackable upwards of 5 or 6 times.

In my opinion, it’s really hard to argue that this hasn’t had an overwhelmingly negative impact on the trophy hunting community as these types of platinums have over saturated the market. It has completely changed the mentality of many trophy hunters and the reasons for which they collect trophies in the first place, contributes to our culture’s overall laziness and increasing need for instant gratification in every facet of our lives, and overall, has greatly diminished the perceived value of each platinum trophy which negatively impacts every one of us.

The problem too is whenever you try to make a point like this that suggests it is polluting the trophy standards, people will jump on you and call you some 'angry old man' who has nothing better to do than to bitch.

It's clear as day when you look at their profiles. Games that take actual effort are barely played at all, but they have no problem playing 20 - 50 easy games in a row all with platinum times of well under a hour. You make one criticism towards these easy games and they will take no time whatsoever in telling you your opinion is full of shit, who cares what you think, why are you even here, etc etc. It pisses me off.

And it's basically a fact that older games that didn't get a platinum that are actually good, like The Swapper, are completely forgotten at this point. Even some of the Artifex Mundi games and some TellTale games are shoved under the rug, if it takes a little too long these people won't bother playing them. I played a very easy Artifex Mundi game, used a guide for the trophies, back in 2017. Hardly anybody is playing it today. Meanwhile you look at some of these titles that get a platinum walkthrough (why bother with a walkthrough when the game takes 10 - 20 mins to platinum?) and you got several hundred active players playing them. We're talking games that take under 20 minutes.

It really is instant gratification. I don't need instant gratification to be happy with games, but I guess at this point I'm in the extreme minority.