What are the best tips for Missions?

I rented this many years ago and got everything but the mission trophies. Found a cheap copy for a few bucks and decided to pick it back up. Never had the DLC so I can't use those missions to help.

I can honestly say I suck at fighting games (combos in particular).

I played it for an hr and was able to complete a few more missions (152 total), but I am stuck on some of the mission number 3s (combine two special moves) on some characters. A lot of the videos show them using the fight stick controllers(I'm just using the ps3 controller). I have a really big gripe that the game uses H, L, and M instead of Square, Triangle, and Circle. It adds an extra thing to think about, which is really annoying. Looking for some tips to do these missions.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

If remembering which button is what is an issue, that should be your first priority. It goes right around the controller starting at square, clockwise, by default I think. It flows really easy once you get it down.

Other than that, it's all about the timing. If the timing you're trying isn't working, try going faster or slower. Yes, sometimes slower is needed.

Also, since you don't need to do them all, try to save your skip ones for Amateratsu. Seriously, those switch form ones are arguably the hardest in the game. Unless you're playing Ultimate and posted this in the wrong place, then this point would be moot.

Edited by KingGuy420

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I played this a little while ago, got up to around 250 missions, and I'm due to go back because these can be really rewarding and fun! This ain't your 6 regional variations of a 30 minute puzzle game, this is a platinum you can be proud of!

As a professional musician, I know how important metronome practice can be! I pulled out my metronome, and practiced hitting the buttons in the correct order at a slower tempo, not worrying at all about timings, or any of that. I just worked on doing the right moves in the right order. Once I was comfortable with the order of moves, I slowly started increasing the tempo until it was close to what I needed to do for the game. Then, I played it over and over, learning the different millisecond timing differences. If I started fucking up the move order for a few minutes at a time, I took my metronome back out and practiced at the slow tempo again, to refresh my muscle memory. Eventually, you will get it. It is not easy, and it never will be easy. Any platinum with less than 5% on here is going to test what you're made of; if it was higher, everyone would have it ;-). Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a big fan of fighting games and my skill are definitely worse than mediocre but stupid me letting my kid cousin playing my PS3 without signing out and he registered like 5 trophies MvC3 into my account, thus I gotta finish what's started. My advice is if you don't ever plan to go online for another second, then consider to buy turbo controller. It will help you with some low-but-tricky missions where you will need good timing for a series of moves using the same attack button (for example, Chun Li's 4th where you need to make a Kikoanken and then a Tenshokyaku using the same heavy attack button). Otherwise, practice is the key.

P/S: Just don't use the turbo function in online mode. That's cheating.

Edited by manh_and_cheese

• 1 year later...

Hi all dear trophy hunters! I have a concern with this game.
As you can imagine, I'm going for the platinum lol and I've been trying to do the quests for the trophies (80 160 320). I enter the missions and I think I have 40, but I have 2 problems.
1. The game tells me letters instead of buttons, I mean F=Circle D=Square (These are the ones I remember and I'm sure I'm wrong lol) and I have to play button by button until I get it right.
2. From the 2-3 mission, they get complicated. Do this combo during a cancel. What is cancel? and also, they are very long combos lol.
Someone so kind to explain to me how it is? I would thank you a lot! :D
Thank you

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 17/09/2022 at 9:01 PM, Ssharif0402 said:

Hey, I know this is a really old thread, but is there any way you could tell me which missions you chose to skip? I only have 60 left and i'm struggling to find more to complete easily.

Hey, just saw that you got the Platinum. Well done, congrats. Any advices for A New Avenger? It's the one that i'm missing.

16 hours ago, Osukaru25 said:

Hey, just saw that you got the Platinum. Well done, congrats. Any advices for A New Avenger? It's the one that i'm missing.

It's been a while since I played it but i think i still remember enough

1) You might need to use a fight stick for some missions like Spider-Man's and Amaterasu's. I simply couldn't reach the buttons in time with a controller.

2) You should also try customizing you button layouts for a specific mission if you can't reach the inputs in time on a controller.

3) Watch some videos of other people beating the missions to get the timing right. There are some missions where you can only input your moves for a few frames. Here's the playlist i used: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL80542DCFB1794CD7

4) As the guide says, you only need to beat 320/360 missions and you can go through missions 1-10 in any order, so feel free to skip the ones you find to be too difficult. (Save all your skips for missions 9 & 10 honestly)

Also, here's a list of the characters that i could beat missions 1-10 with (not too easy, but definitely easier than other characters):

Capcom: Ryu, Chris, Dante, Tron-Bonne, Spencer, Zero, Haggar

Marvel: Wolverine, Hulk, Super Skrull, Phoenix, Taskmaster

Lastly, here's a picture of the 320 missions i chose to beat: https://imgur.com/YOZYiL6

Hope this helps!

Edited by Ssharif0402
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/05/2023 at 5:07 AM, Ssharif0402 said:

It's been a while since I played it but i think i still remember enough

1) You might need to use a fight stick for some missions like Spider-Man's and Amaterasu's. I simply couldn't reach the buttons in time with a controller.

2) You should also try customizing you button layouts for a specific mission if you can't reach the inputs in time on a controller.

3) Watch some videos of other people beating the missions to get the timing right. There are some missions where you can only input your moves for a few frames. Here's the playlist i used: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL80542DCFB1794CD7

4) As the guide says, you only need to beat 320/360 missions and you can go through missions 1-10 in any order, so feel free to skip the ones you find to be too difficult. (Save all your skips for missions 9 & 10 honestly)

Also, here's a list of the characters that i could beat missions 1-10 with (not too easy, but definitely easier than other characters):

Capcom: Ryu, Chris, Dante, Tron-Bonne, Spencer, Zero, Haggar

Marvel: Wolverine, Hulk, Super Skrull, Phoenix, Taskmaster

Lastly, here's a picture of the 320 missions i chose to beat: https://imgur.com/YOZYiL6

Hope this helps!

It will for sure. Thanks :)

• 3 months later...

I am not good at fighting games whatsoever but I definitely put myself through the test with this! I read the threads here and with everyone's advice I was able to do it (also a few tips from an amateur fighter buddy). I did the first 160 missions with default on my controller. At around 180 missions I just couldn't get the inputs fast enough and had to resign buttons. After that it was much easier. Around 260-280 mark? I asked to borrow my friend's fight stick and was just jamming away. I think I need to consider getting my own since I'm doing KOF 13 next!