Youngboys123

I keep getting ce-34878-0 error after the first scene in "Briefing"

9 posts in this topic

I've literally tried everything to fix this, including reinstalling the game (32GB -_-), rebuilding ps4 database, deleting and restoring my saves, restarted from the previous chapter (Norah) as well as selecting the briefing chapter in chapter select. Literally everything I try ends in the same outcome after the opening scene of Briefing; CE-34878-0. I can't seem to find anyone else who's encountered this so any advice on getting past this part...?

 

Edit: So I also asked this on reddit and a guy said my save probably just got corrupted and I'll have to start from scratch, go figure; well at least I got  Uncontrollable out of the way before that point in the game so that should save some effort. It still sucks though. :(

Edited by Youngboys123
Solved my problem on another forum.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so get this I completely wiped my original save and started over completely from scratch, played my way to the exact same spot and once again it keeps crashing at that same exact part no matter what I do and I can't progress any further. This is ridiculous... can anyone offer any advice???

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only solutions I can think of, are the following:

 

1: If you're using the Digital version, try a retail copy in case your current version is getting corrupted somehow during the download process. If you're using the retail version, then try the digital release instead.

 

2: If the game is installed to an external Hard Drive, try reinstalling it to the Internal one instead or vice versa if the game is already on the internal drive.

 

3: Take the Nuclear option of Re-initialising your PS4 and wiping the Hard Drive as it could be the game has installed to a bad sector. 

 

If none of these work, then I'm completely stumped :( .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) I'm on digital as I got the game for free on PS+ for this month. I always go physical whenever I can.

 

2) I don't have an external HDD so...

 

3) REALLY don't want to do this though...

 

I've been playing this on my standard PS4 in my room, so I'm gonna go ahead and try downloading it to my Pro downstairs and download the save from the cloud and hope that works, I really don't wanna do this either though as I prefer playing in my room and will have to download the game yet again (3rd time... also my internet sucks so it'll take forever...again) but it may just be the only way...

 

Thank you very much for the advice though. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally ended up fixing it by reinstalling the game a third time. My advice to anyone possibly affected is to make sure that you download the full 35.4GB because the first two times I downloaded the game the download incorrectly said the game was 32.x GB. So I think for whatever reason I wasn't downloading the full game. The first two times I downloaded the game I did so through the store but the third time I downloaded from the PSPlus tab on the top left on the home menu which was also when I was finally able to fully install/download the game but that could be a coincidence. It's really weird... hope this helps. So no I don't think it was "just a game crash." Also it isn't just me that had this issue, I asked about this on reddit as well and someone said they couldn't progress past the exact same spot as me so it wasn't just me, so I guess his case was also "just a game crash"...?

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/beyondtwosouls/comments/8iig4g/i_keep_getting_ce348780_error_after_the_first/?sort=new

 

On 5/13/2018 at 10:36 PM, LegacyJKO09 said:

it's just a game crash. 

 

No offense but that response was literally no help whatsoever but thanks for the "advice" I guess...? I mean I'm pretty sure if it was just your average game crash I wouldv'e eventually been able to get past that part without resorting to asking for help in the first place, you know...?

Edited by Youngboys123
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Youngboys123 said:

I finally ended up fixing it by reinstalling the game a third time. My advice to anyone possibly affected is to make sure that you download the full 35.4GB because the first two times I downloaded the game the download incorrectly said the game was 32.x GB. So I think for whatever reason I wasn't downloading the full game. The first two times I downloaded the game I did so through the store but the third time I downloaded from the PSPlus tab on the top left on the home menu which was also when I was finally able to fully install/download the game but that could be a coincidence. It's really weird... hope this helps. So no I don't think it was "just a game crash." Also it isn't just me that had this issue, I asked about this on reddit as well and someone said they couldn't progress past the exact same spot as me so it wasn't just me, so I guess his case was also "just a game crash"...?

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/beyondtwosouls/comments/8iig4g/i_keep_getting_ce348780_error_after_the_first/?sort=new

 

 

No offense but that response was literally no help whatsoever but thanks for the "advice" I guess...?

 

it's just what it is though. can happen with any game. install and reinstall do nothing. if they crash they crash. it happens. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

 

it's just what it is though. can happen with any game. install and reinstall do nothing. if they crash they crash. it happens. 

Okay so explain the entire hour I spent trying to get past that cutscene the first time I installed the game, half hour the second install... then literally first try the final time I installed the game I finally was able to finish the game. You say "install and reinstall do nothing"? I call bull, that's literally what fixed my problem for me...

 

Also I should probably note I installed on the same (standard) PS4 all 3 times, I was having issues downloading this game to my pro so that wasn't an option like I thought it was. Fortunately reinstalling the game, despite what LegacyJKO09's "advice" here says, fixed the problem I was having.

Edited by Youngboys123
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2018 at 7:50 AM, Youngboys123 said:

Okay so explain the entire hour I spent trying to get past that cutscene the first time I installed the game, half hour the second install... then literally first try the final time I installed the game I finally was able to finish the game. You say "install and reinstall do nothing"? I call bull, that's literally what fixed my problem for me...

 

Also I should probably note I installed on the same (standard) PS4 all 3 times, I was having issues downloading this game to my pro so that wasn't an option like I thought it was. Fortunately reinstalling the game, despite what LegacyJKO09's "advice" here says, fixed the problem I was having.

I'm glad you managed to fix your problem :) but it sucks that it took 3 reinstalls to do so  :( .

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.