2/10 difficult?! Are you kidding?!

Richtoon

16 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Yup, difficulty ratings are completely stupid. One person's 2/10 can always be anothers 8/10.

You'll want to find some kind of average and be real about it. I hate it when guides are totally off, no matter the direction. You really shouldn't need to base it solely on what you feel about the game, but rather what you think most others would do in the game. If you think people will struggle, then it warrants a higher difficulty.

I wouldn't say Demon's Souls is 1/10, but that's what it's for me, but I'd say it's like 4/10.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

On 5/11/2018 at 6:33 AM, DaivRules said:

Yup, difficulty ratings are completely stupid. One person's 2/10 can always be anothers 8/10.

I still can't believe so many people think Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is a 2/10. Mean Bean Machine alone is more than that to me. *shrug* But then there are people that think Deadpool was a 6+ and I think it's more like a 4 if you just handle the hardest difficulty on a second playthrough like I did.

Hard to base anything on the numbers people give. Even averages don't give us a good indication of how difficult we personally may find it. Especially when there are technical issues to contend* with in some games, which may negatively impact some more than others as well.

Not sure what the solution really is, other than to just talk to other people who have played it and find out their own experience with the genre and get an idea of their skillset compared to your own.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You'll want to find some kind of average and be real about it. I hate it when guides are totally off, no matter the direction. You really shouldn't need to base it solely on what you feel about the game, but rather what you think most others would do in the game. If you think people will struggle, then it warrants a higher difficulty.

I wouldn't say Demon's Souls is 1/10, but that's what it's for me, but I'd say it's like 4/10.

Not to mention that "difficult" means different things to different people. Do you mean it's difficult because it requires a lot of skill or is it difficult because it's a small multiplayer game and hard to find boosters? Or maybe it's difficult because you have luck as a factor for item drops and takes a lot of grinding.

I think you get a general idea what you're getting yourself into with the rating, but we should not take these ratings for anything more than an opinion, and we should not use them across the board as a benchmark to find easy/hard games to play.  It's different for everyone.

1 hour ago, Richtoon said:

It is so hard!! 8/10 for me! Guy who wrote guide must be lied about difficult to make himself sounds more like a professional gamer. 

Arena mode is insane hard, 4 enemies shooting everywhere on the screen, so difficult to dodge all of them. 

I’m trying get a last trophy to get platinum is 100 kills in arena mode.. it’s drive me crazy.

change the difficult to 8/10 on the guide!! 

It is not THAT difficult, c'mon: for Arena mode - simply look where the enemies are spawning, keep shooting in that direction, you shall quickly kill 1 or 2 of them, then slay the rest - next level, rinse and repeat 24 times - done. Use L1 from time to time to avoid the missiles and pray no to get rocket launcher which sucks badly.

I am giving it 3/10 only because I couldn't pass it while been drunk :D and had to finish on the next day :). 

• Like 1

To be honest, the Arena mode was the easiest for me because you only have to worry about the enemies and not the walls of death.  I just stayed in the bottom left corner of the board and only moved to kill the last guy if I needed to.  Normally 2 to 3 of the enemies will spawn in a line either right above you or to your right and you can kill them before they even have a chance to shoot.

• Like 1

No way an 8 lol.

I'll be honest I tried the vita version first and it pissed me right off with the frame drops and lag.  I did the PS4 one in 10 mins compared to a couple hours on the vita one with the may rage quits.

As long as you slow down the time if you are about to get hit and make sure you look for the enemies spawning and kill them before they even get chance to fire you'll fly through it.

11 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

To be honest, the Arena mode was the easiest for me because you only have to worry about the enemies and not the walls of death.

This.

Also in Arena Mode, your position will not be reset to the middle of the screen for each wave - so you have a better oversight.

But I also agree, that 2/10 is a bit too low. It requires quite some oversight and coordination as well as a bit of luck in terms of weapons. I would vote for a 3-4/10, but due to the shortness, I'd go for a 3 :)

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Depends if difficulty = time though.

I think there's no way anyone should rate Demons a 1/10. I'd even say the very best players should give it 2/10 (2.5 hrs to do), considering literal meme games like My Name is Mayo exist. I think 4/10 is a fair rating for people who already are familiar with souls games though, and maybe 6/10 for new players (and 5/10 for me since I forget how world tendency works). It took me about 40 hours no dupe and under 20 hours dupe on a second run I think (did get pbs dropped lol).

I think 1/10 should be for meme games, and 10/10 for games which require you to be high on the online leaderboards (unless dead game). Unless you just don't count either for being ridiculous, and allow yourself to have more flexibility in ratings. 

22 minutes ago, AlchemyAwesome said:

I think there's no way anyone should rate Demons a 1/10. I'd even say the very best players should give it 2/10 (2.5 hrs to do), considering literal meme games like My Name is Mayo exist. I think 4/10 is a fair rating for people who already are familiar with souls games though, and maybe 6/10 for new players (and 5/10 for me since I forget how world tendency works). It took me about 40 hours no dupe and under 20 hours dupe on a second run I think (did get pbs dropped lol).

I think 1/10 should be for meme games, and 10/10 for games which require you to be high on the online leaderboards (unless dead game). Unless you just don't count either for being ridiculous, and allow yourself to have more flexibility in ratings. 

Time is separate from difficulty, though, if what you do that is difficulty is taking a lot of time, that definitely adds to it.

For me it's 1/10, just no point discussing it even. Nothing difficult about it for me, whatsoever. If you had seen me play it, you'd know. What is it that you think should make it a 2/10? :S And world tendency is irrelevant if someone drops you all the items. No need to go to NG+ even.

And meme games are not all 1/10. o.O

26 minutes ago, AlchemyAwesome said:

Souls games are like 10/10 for me, I suck at those games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

Souls games are like 10/10 for me, I suck at those games.

It's more of a learning curve, and they usually throw a lot of you to learn from the start, but once you get past that, you can handle the games just fine. Usually relatively easy tbh. If you still found it difficult after like 3 bosses, okay, but I wouldn't give up before that.

Edited by MMDE

I can DEFINITELY see where the 8/10 mindset comes from, as I got my ass kicked the first couple times I played it. But then you start to get into a groove, realizing what works and what doesn't, things like the time slow isn't really useful, where enemies spawn so you can take them out as soon as they appear, what you need to ignore vs what you should focus on. By the time you know it, you've already accomplished half the goals, and you start to think "alright, so it IS possible. Let's ride this wave and beat the rest". 

At least, that's how it was for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

Time is separate from difficulty, though, if what you do that is difficulty is taking a lot of time, that definitely adds to it.

For me it's 1/10, just no point discussing it even. Nothing difficult about it for me, whatsoever. If you had seen me play it, you'd know. What is it that you think should make it a 2/10? :S And world tendency is irrelevant if someone drops you all the items. No need to go to NG+ even.

And meme games are not all 1/10. o.O

I think on a relative scale, when you have absolute joke games that take under 30 minutes to plat with no effort, they set a standard for 1/10. Even the game in the thread has some level of challenge (albeit seems to be very easily figured out hence 2/10).  

Demons was the only Souls game I done a no death run on (running it quickly in NG+)  but if I was getting everything dropped and duped at the start then it would be like 2/10 based on random falls or something, but it's not really a fair comparison of the game if I'm being maxed out asap.  

Now online is gone, I think I'd leave it as 6/10* on a guide considering people are new to the series. But keep in mind you have many more platinums so can use a relative scale better than I could. It's definitely the easiest souls game though. I'd probably put the other Souls games (not played DS3) at 7/10.

Edited by AlchemyAwesome

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

While that is absolutely true, still - if sufficient people have their vote besides the usual 1/10 idiots and 10/10 trolls, a poll is usually suitable to get an overall feel for the difficulty. Combine that with your personal skill concerning the respective genre and you should get a good estimate on what to expect.