Camp Wannalottaplat

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I platted Cat Quest and want to add it to this event, but unsure where to put it. Currently leaning towards Hang out at the Lake, since the game's world is a large island and it's possible to walk on water, but don't know if that will suffice :dunno:

The beginning of the game has the cat and his sister in a boat on the ocean if that makes you feel any better about making it be for the Lake cat-egory.

• Like 1

I'm playing Cat Quest right now as well because I saw a bunch of people playing it for this and it absolutely fits for hang out at a lake. There's a huge lake you have to do quests on and around, plus the ocean which is just the world's lake. I think it fits great.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 11:19 AM, Toogie53 said:

Due to antagonistic moderators with stupid ass rules. I am not going to support a community and help them grow. Its basically the same reason I stopped writing guides. This is now over. It was a good run I guess. Thanks for participating. I'll send badges to everyone that was signed up.

Glad I read this.  Won't bother upgrading to premium. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoberNSane said:

I can't speak for the one you quoted, but my take on what he said was that enforcing the 25 post policy may have been what inadvertently precipitated this unfortunate situation...

Oh that, the 25 post requirement was added when new profiles created fake giveaways to try to scam people.

Just now, SoberNSane said:

Policys are great. The policies revolving around abusive, sexual, or griefing language don't seem to be enforced as well though....hmmmm  In other words, real bullying that gets the mob laughing at the expense of someone just trying to express their (maybe different) harmless opinion on a bleeping game - which is what forums are all about.

If you find posts like that, report them as mods can't check every thread. There's a report button at the top of every post, next to the time stamp. Only forum mods can remove posts, which are Parker, Stevieboy, Sly Ripper, and BlindMango (yeah, Mango is a forum mod too in addition to a guide team member). All other staff members can't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SoberNSane said:

way to advertise...263a.png

But I hope you don't mind people clearing the air and discussing what lead up to it....

i figured some participants may not be aware...

i'm guessing you're "you" here is not aimed at me...if it is, I have not much to say...first, I don't really know what went on so classify it as "none of my business"...so instead of commenting on something I know just about nothing about, I'll just post a quick timeless comment on the issue...it's always a shame when conflict arises between two seemingly good people...hopefully, in due time, they'll settle their differences in a civil manner and all will be forgotten...good?...cheers...

59 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh that, the 25 post requirement was added when new profiles created fake giveaways to try to scam people.

I think the issue revolves that the event creators were not consulted when this rule was put into place. Most event creators are now accepting PMs in an effort to get around this rule and those who aren't already had a 50 post minimum rule in their threads. The lack of transparency was going to end up creating some issues sooner or later. It basically solved one problem (? It was only the one person, so I don't see how that's a huge problem) and created another bigger problem.

I'm really sad to see an end to these events. I really liked the Easter one and was anticipating the Halloween one to come. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I think the issue revolves that the event creators were not consulted when this rule was put into place. Most event creators are now accepting PMs in an effort to get around this rule and those who aren't already had a 50 post minimum rule in their threads. The lack of transparency was going to end up creating some issues sooner or later. It basically solved one problem (? It was only the one person, so I don't see how that's a huge problem) and created another bigger problem.

I'm really sad to see an end to these events. I really liked the Easter one and was anticipating the Halloween one to come. 

But the new profile was an alternate account from Toogie, not a new member trying to join.

It was one person, but he had like 3-4 accounts. The post requirement is mentioned here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/, just below the Project Platinum subforum it says "Official events/contests or just generally gaming related. 25 posts required to partake.".

If Toogie doesn't create any other events, you could host one yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

But the new profile was an alternate account from Toogie, not a new member trying to join.

It was one person, but he had like 3-4 accounts. The post requirement is mentioned here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/, just below the Project Platinum subforum it says "Official events/contests or just generally gaming related. 25 posts required to partake.".

If Toogie doesn't create any other events, you could host one yourself.

Oh I'm aware. :P I saw the notice, but so many people didn't and there was a lot of confusion after it was enacted. An announcement or public discussion would have reduced that while letting event creators air their grievances about the rule in a constructive manner. We should take this as a learning opportunity for potential future rules and such because it would be sad if this was to happen again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

An announcement or public discussion would have reduced that while letting event creators air their grievances about the rule in a constructive manner. We should take this as a learning opportunity for potential future rules and such because it would be sad if this was to happen again. 

Announcing this change surely would have helped a lot.

Honestly I would have expected that people would only see that message instead of being able to browse the events-subforum so it would have been more clear that they can't enter it yet. Seeing a thread and not being able to post there causes much more confusion than seeing a message right ahead that tells you that you can't see the further content until you reach the requirements. Only know from other forum/board-softwares but there are normally enough ways to implement such a feature (don't know how this software performs in that regard, though :dunno: )

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SoberNSane said:

Of course...

Yes, it was aimed at you (someone I’ve showed more than his fair share of respect to in the past)- the one who has salvaged a great event started by the one whom this thread is all about. Yes, thus it is your business literally, and you have also been able to read what happened since it is public....

It is everyone who reads this public forums business. Its public. A community event.... However, I’ve already put in my two cents and expect plenty of other players will also want to chime in before it is all “forgotten” since a lot more than the two good people you are referring to have been affected - as you can also see by the posts on your thread as well as this. 

being affected by a situation is a decision one makes on their own whether conscious or not...as far as I'm concerned, we can only manage our own responsibilities, emotional or otherwise...i have no less respect for toog, mango, or any other member as I know often there is more to a situation than meets the eye and I won't pretend to know what happened or what state either of them were in...their conflict has nothing to do with my personal evolution and I choose to be unaffected or take sides on it therefore it definitely classifies as none of my business until one or the other asks me to get involved...I recognize that I would have acted/reacted differently based on what little I know of the situation, but so what?...it really has nothing to do with me or my own philosophy...

it is a great event, that was run by great organizers so I have volunteered to pick up the duties of running it and strive to carry the torch as well as I can out of appreciation...both toog and donut are welcome to join up with the migrated camp if they wish to do so...additionally, I have great respect for the site mods and all of the work they have done over the years and do my best to avoid conflict with them however little it may be also out of appreciation...that being said, this is already forgotten in my books and my karma is all good...drama is only drama until it ceases to be drama...haha...it's a personal choice we all have the opportunity to make...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

I’ll agree that Toogies events were the ones I had to most fun doing. And while I think parties on both sides of the argument are in the wrong to some degree, I don’t want to see these fun, quirky, community coming together events die. So I really hope in the future we can all continue to have fun doing something in the style of these events together.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SoberNSane said:

there are some others I just noticed that are pretty freakin hilarious if you’re just into watching - like @Dragon-Archon Lazy Scrub Race (insert link if I ever learn how)...

It just gets funnier sometimes....
You’ve gotta be right though. Not too many people are that bold on their primary account, I've noticed...That takes courage, something I apparently have too much of....or stupidity....fine line there..... But hey, come right out and say what you think on the account people recognize because if you can't say it on your primary account then maybe it shouldn't be said anyway.....?

To insert a link, you can just paste the url. There's one at the top of the screen (assuming you're logging in from a computer) and every post has this share icon in the upper right corner:

share_grey_192x192.png

Right-clicking it will enable you to copy it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This comment makes me wonder why you never joined any of Toogie's events nor have you posted in any of them until after this thread was locked by Toogie. Wouldn't be surprised if this is someone's alternate account :ninja: .

Maybe Toogie's.

I take it he is gone from the site now?

I became active on the site because of Toogie's events.   I met quite a few people that became friends, and I loved the friendly competition.  Plus, he gave us some pretty nifty badges.

I always thought the Mods knew who actually promoted this site (such as Toogie) and were silently in the background for gross abusers, such as hate messages.

So, I promoted the site to friends and decided to purchase a lifetime membership.

Then, this crap happened.  Really?  You slam the one person who made this site fun and enjoyable?  The Mods are heavy handed and a disappointment.

I regret the paid membership.