Camp Wannalottaplat

I'm angry as to why the Mods didn't just PM Toogie and advise him about the site rule.  Giving him a warning point for everything he has promoted was a slap in the face.  Toogie's events worked because it was TOOGIE that ran them, not someone else. 

5 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

His forum profile exists, but when you go to update his stats, it can't find him...weird

Toggie had mentioned prior that he was going to be restarting his profile and had hidden all his games on this site, that might explain it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

His forum profile exists, but when you go to update his stats, it can't find him...weird

He must've deleted his profile on this site, there's an option to do so at the bottom of the PSNP Profile page.

5 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Guys, regardless of the situation, what's done is done now. We just need to move on and not let this affect the relationships we all have made here. Dwelling on it doesn't make anything any better; it adds fuel to the fire. Why make it bigger?

3 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

You know there are other event runners here - with threads longer and older than Toogie's - who have received warning points for relatively minor stuff.  However, they recognized that however minor that they still broke the rules and didn't shut down threads over it.

Well said.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
Mixed up Forum Profile with PSNP Profile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BlazzingWind said:

Toggie had mentioned prior that he was going to be restarting his profile and had hidden all his games on this site, that might explain it

Yeah I forgot he mentioned that. Thanks for the reminder. So he probably is still around, just not in his Toogie incarnation.

1 minute ago, SoberNSane said:

you have a lot of good points there, but I'm not sure it would be fair to lock and hide until some of the more major players have a chance to chime in. I also don't think its toxic for peeps to be able to discuss since this was a major event by a major player... just my hopefully final two cents.... communication is a good thing and it is also the only thing that resolves anything...by interested parties

All of the points in the last hour have been relatively the same though. Either, "The mods are horrible people and ruined my love for the site! Toogie is amazing!" , or people trying to explain that the mods were only doing their job and Toogie was the one who overreacted. Discussion and communication is one thing, but it's become evident over the last couple of hours or so that this thread isn't going anywhere which could lead to broken friendships and a distaste for the site, for some people, altogether. Not necessarily toxic, but quickly getting to that point. Obviously that's not my decision to make but those are my thoughts on the matter. 

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This comment makes me wonder why you never joined any of Toogie's events nor have you posted in any of them until after this thread was locked by Toogie. Wouldn't be surprised if this is someone's alternate account :ninja: .

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Maybe Toogie's.

I take it he is gone from the site now?

I can have a laptop at the hospital and outpatient facility but they don't allow a console.  So, no, I wasn't able to join his events, at least not yet.  It doesn't prevent me from reading everyone's posts in Toogie's events and to feel like I am part of the community.  I came to this site to laugh and have fun.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Thank you.

I'm not taking any sides but I have been in Toogs events since he started the 13 plats of Halloween last year. His events have helped me actually play and finish games that I have had sitting around for a long time, and I've met some cool ass people in the last year because of them. This is a great community where nerds and gamer's alike come together to have fun and talk about what ever floats the boat. We have to look past the negative and put forth the positive stuff that comes out of it. That's how I see it.

I've said my peace. And while this is an unfortunate situation, none of us should take it to heart. Shit happens. That's why we all need to forgive and move on. We're only human. Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes I think we forget that; no one is perfect. 

That's also one of the things I like about this site: meeting like-minded people, talking about our hobbies, and having fun.

When reading that last paragraph, this song immediately came to mind

Spoiler

:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's also one of the things I like about this site: meeting like-minded people, talking about our hobbies, and having fun.

Hide contents

:

Effin' love that song! <3 But I completely concur Dragon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hide contents

:

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Effin' love that song! <3 But I completely concur Dragon.

not the only one @xMissFantasy lol

also.....

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

And while this is an unfortunate situation, none of us should take it to heart. Shit happens. That's why we all need to forgive and move on. We're only human. Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes I think we forget that; no one is perfect. 

agreed....

and I myself was new when this event was already started, but i was able to get in as Toog still hadn't ended last call... i had four posts i believe when i told Toog i wanted in, and with the help of another member in the contest, he had sent a message between the three of us (Toog, him, and myself) with a list of threads i could post in to help get my post count up and i had it up in like 4 days (would have been shorter if i could have stayed in front of the computer getting posts inbetween others lol, but whats a couple days?

• Like 1

Wow this has been an interesting read...

So many defending somebody who knew about the rule change who then proceeds to spam to meet the requirements yet I am sure he said something like he was going to post on his Toogie profile while playing on his new profile so his events would be unaffected unlike a certain other user. Funny how he basically did what that certain other user did except add in spamming gets a tiny little warning point and then throws a tantrum about it locks his thread and then proceeds to blame the mods for it, good job yep definitely somebody who should get a free pass and did nothing wrong.

RTxc7Pu.gif

• Like 1